Maintenance for the week of January 27:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – January 27,  4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Website for maintenance – January 27, 1:00PM EST (18:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EST (21:00 UTC)

Nothing but ppl sitting around on their $200 mounts...

  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh, no one's sitting around on mounts now that the server went kaput.
  • The_Art_of_Paw
    The_Art_of_Paw
    ✭✭✭
    I love some of the mounts that I see people on. I wanted to get one of the cat ones in a sale they had though decided not to as I pay for the monthly subscription to use the crafting bag. I'm very much in favour of seeing more people standing around on mounts, it looks great to me.

    Fortunately and unfortunately I feel that displeasure to seeing others with expensive toys comes from jealousy. It is fortunate that it can motivate you to perform better though unfortunate as the thought processes are negative which can be unpleasant (life feels nicer when you are having pleasant experiences).

    One of my friends has this electric panther looking one, she told me she found it though I got a feeling it was bought on the store. Either way i'm glad she has it as it feel really neat to ride along side her on my horse when she is zipping through like lightning.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am officially begging for donations for a $300 mount.

    Please go to your nearest in game bank and make a donation at any Temple, Shrine or other divine institution :trollface:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

    "Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably spent over $300 for mounts. (Gotta catch them all) Only one | don't own is a few in those crates the saber cat and the fabulous tiger.

    ....

    I have a problem, Help.

    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

    PS4 - EU

    AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

  • Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    Every time I log in. They aren't even playing the game. They just stand around at every wayshrine and crafting hub on their $300+ casino crate mounts, waiting for attention I guess.

    This is what your agenda to milk insecurity and the need for exclusivity through gambling has done to the game, ZOS.

    I don't even want to log in anymore. Thanks for giving me another reason to loath humanity.

    Sounds like a personal problem to me.

    I just put around on my freebie imperial horse I got way back when I preordered.

    To be honest, I don't even pay attention to what other people are riding. Unless they are obnoxiously loud when summoned like the storm rock... thingy mounts.

    Seriously. Those things are so *** loud when someone gets on them.
    Criminal Scum:
    50 Breton Templar Healer: Olivine Azshara | 42 Orc Dragonknight Tank: Olivine Claremont | 50 Kahjiit Safe Cracker: Cracks-The-Safes | 50 Kahjiit Serial Killer: Cereal-The-Killer <Current Bounty: 1,231,318 gold>

    "Whoever said crime doesn't pay clearly hasn't met Azu." -@Sloris
  • Blacksmoke
    Blacksmoke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I taste salt..
    Champion point: 645
    Characters
    Ganlian Stormian - AD - Dungeon healer - Templar - Crafter
    Ondaril Stormian - AD - Trail DPS - Sorcerer
    Shagrod gro-Bolmog - AD - PVP - Dragonknight
  • MW2K
    MW2K
    ✭✭✭
    Seven pages of whoopee do.
    Lighting braziers and dispelling wards in Tamriel since 1994
  • AnnieBeGood
    AnnieBeGood
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really wanted the witches hat so I bought four crates.... got my hat and some other stuff. I haven't bought any since as I don't like the current selection of chances..... maybe I will buy again in the future if there is something in there I might get if I lucky.
    And she looks really cute with her hat and her broom and her 47.5k magic pool.......
    Gulrosa V160 Templar -healer and master crafter
    Annie Spaceshifter V160 magica NB - just a thieving assassin, now retired
    Katerina - 'Daedric Annie' - V160 Stamina DK - now bank alt, wardrobe mistress
    Anni Bee - Vet 160Templar - pvp magica templar - Daedric Lord Slayer
    Lily Malone - stam sorc - pve goddess
    Rey of Jakku Plain - Vet 160 - magica templar dd
    Savanna - magica warden, still learning to play
    and several babies...... learning to ride
    EU server, pc and All for the Pact
    Alith, the best guild in the EU
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's certainly no shortage of posers in game. You can always whisper or emote in there direction to show your displeasure.
  • Scorpion1959
    Scorpion1959
    ✭✭
    I dunno man, I spend a lot of time hanging around the wayshrine in Mournhold waiting for other group members to get done polishing their shoes and brushing their hair. I don't got a fancy mount though, I just sit on my black horse. But I ain't a fancy Nord.

    Is there such a thing as a fancy Nord?

    Yup. I'm in Skyrim at the moment. Got fancy duds from Radiant Raiments (abuse comes free from shop keeper).
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $300? What type of discount did you get? Clearly I overspent on my Limited Edition Collector's Storm Atronach Dwarven Wild Hunt Veteran-Hard Mode Man Bearpig / Horse Demon hybrid mount for the low-low price of $4,000.
    Edited by Ulfgarde on April 3, 2017 11:07AM
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Someone whispered me once how I felt on my $200 dollar wildhunt senche mount.

    But I bought 4 crates from crowns I still had from my sub days.

    and I got in in my first crate.

    So people thinking everybody on the mounts are big money spenders: you are wrong.

    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Yubarius
    Yubarius
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you're mad that perhaps they are simply sitting AFK and you are jealous that they got lucky and won the mount that you didn't get? Sounds like someone needs to grow up.
    • YubariusX - Magicka Warden
    • Yubarius - Magicka NB - Flawless Conqeror
    • Lord Yubarius - Stamina Sorc - Stormproof - Centurion
    • 'Rubick the Grand Magus - Magicka Sorc
    • Fair Child Tank - Stamina DK
    • Jaruko - Magicka Templar
    • Selthyn Bavailo - Mag DK
    • Bandit-The-Great - Stam Temp
    vAA - Cleared
    vHRC - Cleared
    vSO HM - Cleared
    vDSA - Cleared
    vMA - Flawless Conqueror!!





  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to add some fun :D

    Somebody sits on a fancy mount, and I sit on a simple chair :'(

    Screenshot_20170318_170746.jpg

    Sometimes I sit on a mount near wayshrine, but it's just sturdy supportive beast ;)

    Screenshot_20170308_004655.jpg

    Sometimes nobody is sitting on a mount... :o

    Screenshot_20170303_113821.jpg

    Sometimes I'm on a mount, but somebody else is sitting :smiley:

    Screenshot_20170224_145247.jpg
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saying ZOS is unworthy of the Elder Scrolls name was going too far. They have created a great world with ESO. I just wish they didn't feel so panicky and short-term driven to fall into the cash shop micro-transaction trap.

    It is a desperate end-of-cycle scheme that kills games. Don't think so? Say hello to Rift, Tera, Black Desert, etc. I still don't get why they felt the need to rush to this so soon.
    My Addons (@Phinix_ESO - PC NA Megaserver):
    ESO Master Recipe List - SALTI - Dungeon Tracker - Poison Master - Vampire's Woe - Chat Window Manager ... (more)
    Also co-author for: Azurah - Srendarr - FastReport Continued - Show Motifs - Combat Cloud
    Other stuff: Phinix Addon-Powered UI - MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

    "Cameras don't just record things, they change what they record simply by being there."
    - General Hammond, Stargate SG1, Episode 7x17: Heroes, Part 1.
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrekkedd wrote: »
    Sorry that you haven't worked hard enough in your life to be able to afford things you want, OP. But really I only bought 15 each season. Got a mount both times.

    Advice: Be less salty.

    How do you know they have not worked hard? Not everyone is lucky enough to have education and the experience to make decent money. Get off your high horse. And to be honest op there is nothing wrong with sitting on your mount chatting with people it is their for you to look at and show off.
    Edited by DragonBound on April 5, 2017 7:57PM
  • djdc1234
    djdc1234
    ✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    Every time I log in. They aren't even playing the game. They just stand around at every wayshrine and crafting hub on their $300+ casino crate mounts, waiting for attention I guess.

    This is what your agenda to milk insecurity and the need for exclusivity through gambling has done to the game, ZOS.

    I don't even want to log in anymore. Thanks for giving me another reason to loath humanity.

    I got my lightning mount out of one THAT IS ONE Crate and the transform lightning in one PULL! whats that 4.99 CND
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if this really prevents you from logging in to the game, maybe you should take a look in the mirror because it sounds like you have a few insecurities of your own
    i stream eso here
    join the BUFF ARGONIAN ARMY today!!!!!
    before you make that post, ask yourself; "am i being a contrarian for the sake of it?"
    morrowind is not a good game but the expansion will probably be okay nvm lol
    subjectivity is implied
    characters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian stamsorc - lvl 50 (main)
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer magdk - lvl 50 (secondary main)
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Bosmer stamden healer - lvl 50 (based on my Dragon Age: Inquisition character)
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian petsorc - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian magcro - lvl 44 (meh)
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc stamdk - lvl 50 (Inspired by Sinh the Dragon from Dark Souls 2)
    • EP - M - Star-of-Arcane - Argonian magplar - lvl 5
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton magblade - lvl 50
    • EP -M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamplar - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe

    ingame ID: PLAYEP.Q
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that I had strictly average luck. I got two apex and it seemed in line with a database someone put together for the odds. Got enough gems to get whatever 3 or so apex I want from future sets too, in addition to some small items if I didn't want a 4th. I used the riding lessons and XP scrolls developing my last new character until Morrowind. It was in line with what I expected.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • FlaviusVoyage
    FlaviusVoyage
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love incendiary topics! They keep me away from boredom.


    Edited by FlaviusVoyage on April 5, 2017 8:16PM
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browiseth wrote: »
    if this really prevents you from logging in to the game, maybe you should take a look in the mirror because it sounds like you have a few insecurities of your own

    It isn't that, and believe it or not I'm actually not jealous either. Sure there are a couple Apex mounts I would have really liked, but after dumping over 12k Crowns worth of sub savings into Crates I never got a single one. Just unlucky I guess, but that isn't the point.

    It doesn't bother me because they have it and I don't. It bothers me because it reminds me constantly that ZOS resorted to a gambling gimmick, and yes that bugs me, because too many cool things I want just go "Straight to Crates" (tm) now and basically forces you to gamble way more than the average monthly sub price point just to maybe get them, and I feel that is wrong. Especially with things like Motifs.

    Also I hate being reminded of this aspect of human psychology. The part that ENJOYS seeing other people jealous and feeling bad. Taken to the extreme it is that thinking which is the reason our civilization languishes at second-rate status in spite of our technology.

    I see it every day. People that NEED to give others a bad time, make other people's lives a little worse, because they actually feel better about their own life, by comparison. It is that sort of exclusivity-obsessed comparison-driven mindset that I see causing so many problems in real life we could otherwise easily solve, if we were a little more enlightened or evolved.

    That is what upsets me. Being constantly reminded that mindset exists. Of course the opposite is also true, and you see people going out of their way to offer random acts of kindness. Some days it just seems like they are in an extreme minority.

    Perhaps by design? Since the Facebook "viral negativity" experiments I tend to assume that all media endeavors to manufacture a defeatist and hopeless mindset in people, to keep them under control. Because some people are heavily invested in the status quo and keeping people as indentured servants instead of fostering a truly free society that works because they CHOOSE to.

    Even if you know this though, it's still depressing.
    My Addons (@Phinix_ESO - PC NA Megaserver):
    ESO Master Recipe List - SALTI - Dungeon Tracker - Poison Master - Vampire's Woe - Chat Window Manager ... (more)
    Also co-author for: Azurah - Srendarr - FastReport Continued - Show Motifs - Combat Cloud
    Other stuff: Phinix Addon-Powered UI - MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

    "Cameras don't just record things, they change what they record simply by being there."
    - General Hammond, Stargate SG1, Episode 7x17: Heroes, Part 1.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought ONE crown crate. Got two mounts lmao. Last mounts I ever bought.
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Spidersick
    Spidersick
    ✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    Browiseth wrote: »
    if this really prevents you from logging in to the game, maybe you should take a look in the mirror because it sounds like you have a few insecurities of your own

    It isn't that, and believe it or not I'm actually not jealous either. Sure there are a couple Apex mounts I would have really liked, but after dumping over 12k Crowns worth of sub savings into Crates I never got a single one. Just unlucky I guess, but that isn't the point.

    It doesn't bother me because they have it and I don't. It bothers me because it reminds me constantly that ZOS resorted to a gambling gimmick, and yes that bugs me, because too many cool things I want just go "Straight to Crates" (tm) now and basically forces you to gamble way more than the average monthly sub price point just to maybe get them, and I feel that is wrong. Especially with things like Motifs.

    Also I hate being reminded of this aspect of human psychology. The part that ENJOYS seeing other people jealous and feeling bad. Taken to the extreme it is that thinking which is the reason our civilization languishes at second-rate status in spite of our technology.

    I see it every day. People that NEED to give others a bad time, make other people's lives a little worse, because they actually feel better about their own life, by comparison. It is that sort of exclusivity-obsessed comparison-driven mindset that I see causing so many problems in real life we could otherwise easily solve, if we were a little more enlightened or evolved.

    That is what upsets me. Being constantly reminded that mindset exists. Of course the opposite is also true, and you see people going out of their way to offer random acts of kindness. Some days it just seems like they are in an extreme minority.

    Perhaps by design? Since the Facebook "viral negativity" experiments I tend to assume that all media endeavors to manufacture a defeatist and hopeless mindset in people, to keep them under control. Because some people are heavily invested in the status quo and keeping people as indentured servants instead of fostering a truly free society that works because they CHOOSE to.

    Even if you know this though, it's still depressing.

    I am really sorry you feel like that. =/
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    Every time I log in. They aren't even playing the game. They just stand around at every wayshrine and crafting hub on their $300+ casino crate mounts, waiting for attention I guess.

    This is what your agenda to milk insecurity and the need for exclusivity through gambling has done to the game, ZOS.

    I don't even want to log in anymore. Thanks for giving me another reason to loath humanity.



    lol, why does it bother you to see people on these crown crates mounts?

    envy? or something else?

    if someone wants to waste their real money to that gamble, let them do it, no?
    *********************************************************************************************************************************************
    Haishi Daikodarajen, Redguard, Stamina Dragonknight, CPs around 600, Damage dealer, Huntress of Hircine
    ** Her story (click here)**

    **Her image - click here**
    ""It's one thing to see your past from present memory. It is entirely another to step through the Dragon and be yourself remembering the present in the past as the future."
    - Karstine Zeterra (2E)


    **********************************************************************************************************************************************
    Maoimii Da, Khajiit Magicka Nightblade, CPs around 600, master enchanter, damage dealer, elder vampire shade of death
    ** Her story (click here)**
    **Her image - click here**
    "May you walk on warm sands!
    Maoimii


    meowz!!



    ****************************************************************************************************************************************************
    PC, EU

    **Ideas for making this game even more fun: Click here

  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think most people who use that mount do it with the intention of making people jealous. Most people like riding around on cool mounts.

    Not sure what you mean about motifs - they haven't been added to the crates.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

    GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

    Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    I don't think most people who use that mount do it with the intention of making people jealous. Most people like riding around on cool mounts.

    Not sure what you mean about motifs - they haven't been added to the crates.

    Agreed. People don't get these mounts to make other people jealous, they get them for themselves. If you think it's because they're being jerks and taunting you because you can't/couldn't/won't get one that's on you. You need to look inside and figure out why you have these impressions of people and why you feel the need to project them onto others.

    EDIT: stupid grammar
    Edited by Kodrac on April 5, 2017 8:43PM
    I'm a paying customer. Treat me like one.
    Facefister wrote: »
    When the content lacks, implement some mindless, long grind.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    Saying ZOS is unworthy of the Elder Scrolls name was going too far. They have created a great world with ESO. I just wish they didn't feel so panicky and short-term driven to fall into the cash shop micro-transaction trap.

    It is a desperate end-of-cycle scheme that kills games. Don't think so? Say hello to Rift, Tera, Black Desert, etc. I still don't get why they felt the need to rush to this so soon.

    If the game is no longer fun for you, maybe it's better to take a break than to log in to watch attention seekers sitting around and getting angry about it. It's not going to cause any kind of change in the ZOS marketing strategy, so why do that to yourself?

    Side note: Regarding all the people defensively responding they got a mount in their first four crates, or used subscription crowns or whatever, are they saying they actually do just sit around on them seeking attention? Is this a real thing?

    I hate crown crates and do not buy them, and I agree their existence does not signal a promising long term future for this game, but if there actually are loads of people sitting around on their crate mounts seeking attention, I haven't noticed them. I'm usually too busy doing things to pay attention to random people unless they're dueling in the middle of town or stealing my node or something. If I thought the game was already dying and there was nothing to do except give attention to attention seekers, I wouldn't bother to log in. But in my opinion the game's not dead yet.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Whatelse73b14_ESO
    Whatelse73b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Illurian wrote: »
    Everytime I log in I see players with staves that took 300 hours to farm. Why do they get to have something I don't? Just because they put the effort in?

    I don't even want to log in anymore. Thanks for giving me another reason to loathe humanity.

    Lol
    Can I have your stuff?
    776.jpg

    fix

    Damn that's funny.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    Browiseth wrote: »
    if this really prevents you from logging in to the game, maybe you should take a look in the mirror because it sounds like you have a few insecurities of your own

    It isn't that, and believe it or not I'm actually not jealous either. Sure there are a couple Apex mounts I would have really liked, but after dumping over 12k Crowns worth of sub savings into Crates I never got a single one. Just unlucky I guess, but that isn't the point.

    It doesn't bother me because they have it and I don't. It bothers me because it reminds me constantly that ZOS resorted to a gambling gimmick, and yes that bugs me, because too many cool things I want just go "Straight to Crates" (tm) now and basically forces you to gamble way more than the average monthly sub price point just to maybe get them, and I feel that is wrong. Especially with things like Motifs.

    Also I hate being reminded of this aspect of human psychology. The part that ENJOYS seeing other people jealous and feeling bad. Taken to the extreme it is that thinking which is the reason our civilization languishes at second-rate status in spite of our technology.

    I see it every day. People that NEED to give others a bad time, make other people's lives a little worse, because they actually feel better about their own life, by comparison. It is that sort of exclusivity-obsessed comparison-driven mindset that I see causing so many problems in real life we could otherwise easily solve, if we were a little more enlightened or evolved.

    That is what upsets me. Being constantly reminded that mindset exists. Of course the opposite is also true, and you see people going out of their way to offer random acts of kindness. Some days it just seems like they are in an extreme minority.

    Perhaps by design? Since the Facebook "viral negativity" experiments I tend to assume that all media endeavors to manufacture a defeatist and hopeless mindset in people, to keep them under control. Because some people are heavily invested in the status quo and keeping people as indentured servants instead of fostering a truly free society that works because they CHOOSE to.

    Even if you know this though, it's still depressing.

    I blame the Illuminati.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know anyone who spent $300 to get their mount. I got mine for $24. No one I know spent more than $50.

    You clearly have a problem with how people spend their money.

    That argument is nonsense and gets thrown at people criticizing cash grabs and over priced items all too often.
    PC - NA
    @LadyLavina 930+ CP

    Scales-Of-Steel - Argonian Brick Tank/Off-Tank EP
    Lyanna Nightwind - High Elf Magsorc DPS / Gank/ Crowned Emp EP

    and a random assortment of mules and bleh. Quite a bit of bleh, actually.

    Web Dev w/ front end and back end knowledge/experience.
This discussion has been closed.