Nothing but ppl sitting around on their $200 mounts...

  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Shakespearean villain would say, "Tis not enough that I should succeed, but others must fail."

    It is this need for exclusivity that is the source of all humanity's problems and failure to evolve. It is why we have the world we do instead of using technology we have already to make a better one.

    I have come to realize that there is an abnormal concentration of this aspect of humanity surrounding the video game scene. Which is why I think it is "time to put away childish things."

    Edited by Phinix1 on April 5, 2017 7:19PM
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    As a Shakespearean villain would say, "Tis not enough that I should succeed, but others must fail."

    It is this need for exclusivity that is the source of all humanity's problems and failure to evolve. It is why we have the world we do instead of using technology we have already to make a better one.

    I have come to realize that there is an abnormal concentration of this aspect of humanity surrounding the video game scene. Which is why I think it is "time to put away childish things."

    There is no longer anything good or inspirational to be found here. For me anyway.

    So, sayonara.

    Can I have ur stuff?
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    As a Shakespearean villain would say, "Tis not enough that I should succeed, but others must fail."

    It is this need for exclusivity that is the source of all humanity's problems and failure to evolve. It is why we have the world we do instead of using technology we have already to make a better one.

    I have come to realize that there is an abnormal concentration of this aspect of humanity surrounding the video game scene. Which is why I think it is "time to put away childish things."

    There is no longer anything good or inspirational to be found here. For me anyway.

    So, sayonara.

    So see you come Morrowind? I am sure people will want your addons. Even those dregs of humanity that might gamble.

    Stop being a child.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

    PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    As a Shakespearean villain would say, "Tis not enough that I should succeed, but others must fail."

    It is this need for exclusivity that is the source of all humanity's problems and failure to evolve. It is why we have the world we do instead of using technology we have already to make a better one.

    I have come to realize that there is an abnormal concentration of this aspect of humanity surrounding the video game scene. Which is why I think it is "time to put away childish things."

    There is no longer anything good or inspirational to be found here. For me anyway.

    So, sayonara.

    I'm not sure that it's meant to be good or inspirational. It's just a game.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what Shakespeare would say about us having all that leisure time wasting it without truly creating anything ...
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    Every time I log in. They aren't even playing the game. They just stand around at every wayshrine and crafting hub on their $300+ casino crate mounts, waiting for attention I guess.

    This is what your agenda to milk insecurity and the need for exclusivity through gambling has done to the game, ZOS.

    I don't even want to log in anymore. Thanks for giving me another reason to loath humanity.

    I really don't have an issue with this.

    It's the player's choice to participate (or not participate) in crown crates.

    I haven't spent a dime on crown crates ... and gave players plenty of warning in the PTS discussions and General Discussion threads after release.

    Bottom line, most players are aware of the risk with crown crates. Making the decision to go ahead with the purchase is fine if that is what they want.
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm as surprised you care as I am people think the crate mounts look cool.
    In fact I'm not convinced they really do, just pretend they do so they don't look silly for spending money on them.
    They don't care what I think though. fair
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I have $1200 worth of mounts...
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet soon some people will start to say that this mounts are P2W...
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    A few months ago, people were like, "Yea, another person that wasted their money on Clown Crates."

    Now, people are like, "U jelly breh?"

    Make up your damn minds.
    Some people spend more time on the forums collecting badges than playing in the game....

    They've been on the forums for 3 years.

    It's called differing opinions.

    I believe he stopped because ZoS wouldn't pay him.
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I certainly didn't spend $300 on the crates I got 4 and got a epic bear mount so that was it for me. Seeing other people ride around on their epic mount doesn't invoke jealously in me perhaps you should be playing the game instead of worrying about what other people have spent their money on. :smile:
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm trying to remember the last time that I cared or was jealous about what anyone else was doing in the game (or real life for that matter).



    So far I'm coming up blank.



    If something like this bothers you so much that you have trouble logging in anymore (insert drama queen crown here), real life is going to straight kick your ass.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.- Albert Einstein -
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I think the wild hunt mounts look stupid and ugly. People can sit around on their ugly mounts all they want, I could care less.

    I bought a few crates for other things (I wanted the hircine statue). I'm actually glad I didn't get a mount that would just sit in my mounts panel unused anyway.
    Edited by Katahdin on March 31, 2017 8:06PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The funniest thing about the mounts, is I think I have 6 or so different ones (no crate ones though) and I hardly ever ride them because I can't go more than 20 feet without harvesting something....

    Why anyone would even care is beyone me.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.- Albert Einstein -
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    Every time I log in. They aren't even playing the game. They just stand around at every wayshrine and crafting hub on their $300+ casino crate mounts, waiting for attention I guess.

    This is what your agenda to milk insecurity and the need for exclusivity through gambling has done to the game, ZOS.

    I don't even want to log in anymore. Thanks for giving me another reason to loath humanity.

    My only question is: Why care in the first place? I ignore everything except duelers in the bank - that's the only thing that drives me nutters.

    PC-NA-EST

    - All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you care why?
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    I bet soon some people will start to say that this mounts are P2W...

    When crown crates were first added someone on here made the argument that crown crate mounts were ... Pay to Win at Role Playing.

    Seriously.
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More like lose at gambling.

    Take test here.

    In the last 12-months, have you:

    1. Needed to gamble with increasing amounts of money in order to achieve the desired excitement??
    Yes No

    2. Felt restless or irritable when attempting to cut down or stop gambling?
    Yes No

    3. Made repeated unsuccessful efforts to control, cut back, or stop gambling?
    Yes No

    4. Often been preoccupied with gambling, such as reliving past gambling experiences, handicapping or planning the next venture, or thinking of ways to get money with which to gamble?
    Yes No

    5. Gambled when feeling distressed in some way, such as anxious, stressed, lonely, guilty, or depressed?
    Yes No

    6. After losing money gambling, returned another day to get even or “chase” your losses?
    Yes No

    7. Lied to conceal your gambling?
    Yes No

    8. Jeopardized or lost a significant relationship, job, or school or career opportunity because of gambling?
    Yes No

    9. Relied on others to provide money to relieve a desperate financial situation caused by gambling?
    Yes No
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    Dear OP, did you ever try to contact those people staying around not doing anything and talk to them?

    Perhaps there is a reasonable explanation.

    Maybe they are taking selfies?

    Waiting on a dungeon?

    Chatting?

    Will we ever know?

    Can we make a poll about this?
    Players who just stand around is either AfK or in chat. Can be anything from joking to organizing trials.
    You can farm while waiting for dungeon, not while chatting.

    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually I got the guar, bear and horse from my 1500 Crown Stipend... So don't assume that they are dumping cash into this system. 3 Apex mounts in 4 crates, friggin RNG score lol.

    And I got the Apex wolf from last season in a similar manner. (it was one of my first drops, but then I dumped money into the system to test drop rates and gave up, long story short, I just use my stipend on crates and let the cards lay where they may)
    Edited by nimander99 on March 31, 2017 9:54PM
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

    ∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

    Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigma957 wrote: »
    I certainly didn't spend $300 on the crates I got 4 and got a epic bear mount so that was it for me. Seeing other people ride around on their epic mount doesn't invoke jealously in me perhaps you should be playing the game instead of worrying about what other people have spent their money on. :smile:
    This, some wanted an 15 gem reward like I did but got lucky, other has lots of money to spend they also have an expensive car for their 30 minute commute to work.
    Honestly I don't care about the 400 gem mounts, I don't like the look, I would use it if I was lucky simply as its rare.
    I say 1 in 25 players has one.

    On the other hand having an lvl 20 alt with dro-mathra skin and emperor regalia is nice as it send an very load not an noob message.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jemcrystal wrote: »
    More like lose at gambling.

    Take test here.

    In the last 12-months, have you:

    1. Needed to gamble with increasing amounts of money in order to achieve the desired excitement??
    Yes No

    2. Felt restless or irritable when attempting to cut down or stop gambling?
    Yes No

    3. Made repeated unsuccessful efforts to control, cut back, or stop gambling?
    Yes No

    4. Often been preoccupied with gambling, such as reliving past gambling experiences, handicapping or planning the next venture, or thinking of ways to get money with which to gamble?
    Yes No

    5. Gambled when feeling distressed in some way, such as anxious, stressed, lonely, guilty, or depressed?
    Yes No

    6. After losing money gambling, returned another day to get even or “chase” your losses?
    Yes No

    7. Lied to conceal your gambling?
    Yes No

    8. Jeopardized or lost a significant relationship, job, or school or career opportunity because of gambling?
    Yes No

    9. Relied on others to provide money to relieve a desperate financial situation caused by gambling?
    Yes No

    I'm thinking you could substitute just about any addiction for gambling and take that questionnaire.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    i don't think anyone just "hangs out" to get attention...
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrekkedd wrote: »
    Sorry that you haven't worked hard enough in your life to be able to afford things you want, OP. But really I only bought 15 each season. Got a mount both times.

    Advice: Be less salty.

    Being able to afford what you want =/= Outrageous price tags due to the value being determined by random chance.
    CP1,400+ Master Explorer - AvA August Palatine - Console Peasant
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exercising the imagination by jumping to conclusions.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    Jemcrystal wrote: »
    More like lose at gambling.

    Take test here.

    In the last 12-months, have you:

    1. Needed to gamble with increasing amounts of money in order to achieve the desired excitement??
    Yes No

    2. Felt restless or irritable when attempting to cut down or stop gambling?
    Yes No

    3. Made repeated unsuccessful efforts to control, cut back, or stop gambling?
    Yes No

    4. Often been preoccupied with gambling, such as reliving past gambling experiences, handicapping or planning the next venture, or thinking of ways to get money with which to gamble?
    Yes No

    5. Gambled when feeling distressed in some way, such as anxious, stressed, lonely, guilty, or depressed?
    Yes No

    6. After losing money gambling, returned another day to get even or “chase” your losses?
    Yes No

    7. Lied to conceal your gambling?
    Yes No

    8. Jeopardized or lost a significant relationship, job, or school or career opportunity because of gambling?
    Yes No

    9. Relied on others to provide money to relieve a desperate financial situation caused by gambling?
    Yes No

    I'm thinking you could substitute just about any addiction for gambling and take that questionnaire.

    I substituted gambling with playing ESO..omg I most definitely have a problem. :open_mouth:
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought 4 crates with leftover crowns from ESO+, got 2 of the new mounts in one crate. Not sure where you're getting $300, but it cost me $15. Too bad your luck is crap. If it's any consolation, I do quite well in Vegas too. Lololol
This discussion has been closed.