The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Azura's Star NA PC Thread PART 3

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heike wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    Solariken wrote: »
    I wish ZOS would add at least one new PC/NA campaign for those of us who want an unadulterated war experience. Something like

1. Faction locked (can only play on one faction for the whole campaign)

2. Only open 12 hours a day (maybe noon to midnight)

3. Scoring every minute, reduce the accumulated scores by 50% on every hour. This would make all nodes on the map a priority at all times.

4. All cross-faction messaging disabled while either the sender or receiver are in the home campaign.

5. ?

Edit: No CP of course

They still need to make the rewards worthwhile though....

Agreed. I think that 100% of players would agree, that the rewards sets haven't been updated in over a year. (and you laugh, but I got a Leki's Ring and Dagger yesterday lol)
    Maybe PvP master weapons​ that have bonuses that are better for PvP?

THAT... is a brilliant idea! It would also give you an alternative to spending 3 hours on the last boss in vDSA. lol

Maybe Cyrodiil Chest Keys, that guarantee a good trait from a random Monster set shoulder?

Best we could hope for might just be a chest key with same RNG as PVEers. I like it though
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I wish ZOS would add at least one new PC/NA campaign for those of us who want an unadulterated war experience. Something like

3. Scoring every minute, reduce the accumulated scores by 50% on every hour. This would make all nodes on the map a priority at all times.

4. All cross-faction messaging disabled while either the sender or receiver are in the home campaign.

5. ?

Agreed. I think that 100% of players would agree, that the rewards sets haven't been updated in over a year. (and you laugh, but I got a Leki's Ring and Dagger yesterday lol)

THAT... is a brilliant idea! It would also give you an alternative to spending 3 hours on the last boss in vDSA. lol

Maybe Cyrodiil Chest Keys, that guarantee a good trait from a random Monster set shoulder?

Best we could hope for might just be a chest key with same RNG as PVEers. I like it though

Yea, the map just needs an incentive to keep playing it. Group play or solo/small group, you should have something to fight for and the expectation you could earn something to help make you competitive in the future.

Even a dedicated leaderboard is boring without the gear rewards to help strengthen it's value.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5. ?

Yea, the map just needs an incentive to keep playing it. Group play or solo/small group, you should have something to fight for and the expectation you could earn something to help make you competitive in the future.

Even a dedicated leaderboard is boring without the gear rewards to help strengthen it's value.

Yep. I just play because I like it but; it consumes my potions and food and the rewards for the worthy are not worth much anymore. I mean; how many pieces of Marksman can I possibly sell? Even with the best traits; don't see a lot of people using it and the market is flooded
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be happy if rewards for the worthy gave out pots and food, thatd be sweet. Maybe unique foods for PVP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Rank 17 Eightt: CP160 StamBlade
    Rank 15 Sixthh: CP 160 StamSorc
    f**k magicka characters

maybe I'm zerging... maybe I'm running solo.... play how you wanna, pst for the 1v1
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5. ?

Yep. I just play because I like it but; it consumes my potions and food and the rewards for the worthy are not worth much anymore. I mean; how many pieces of Marksman can I possibly sell? Even with the best traits; don't see a lot of people using it and the market is flooded

Decon them. Purple upgrade mats > then all those trash rewards. Or just vendor them. You'll lose money trying to sell them for 500 gold when other people you are trying to sell them to get the same rewards.

It's a terrible rewards system lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭

5. ?

...it consumes my potions and food and the rewards for the worthy are not worth much anymore.

IKR?

They HAVE to know that a player can go through 50-100 pots per night, at a huge expense, to be more competitive; Spell Damage pots, for example, are roughly $20K p/100.

The gold Leki's necklace I got yesterday lists for $7k. If I'm taking a near $290,000 loss... at least also give me a relevant staff that I can equip.

Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5. ?

...it consumes my potions and food and the rewards for the worthy are not worth much anymore.

IKR?

They HAVE to know that a player can go through 50-100 pots per night, at a huge expense, to be more competitive; Spell Damage pots, for example, are roughly $20K p/100.

The gold Leki's necklace I got yesterday lists for $7k. If I'm taking a near $290,000 loss... at least also give me a relevant staff that I can equip.

They should give us the option to earn sharpened overland weapons. That would make up for it and we can get some pve potato's to help fill up the servers lol
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭

5. ?

IKR?

50-100 pots per night? My god, you're abusing at this point! I only drink pots when I'm probly gonna die if I don't.
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use lich in my primary build so I only tend to use my spell power pots when lich is on cool down (outside of emergencies). I make them myself so most of the cost is defrayed ever since I invested 100k tel var in alchemy satchels. Getting a bit low on stores though.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when is the right time to use those pots? If you wait until you're low on resource or health, you're probably going to get cced and burst missing your chance for an immovable POT; or if you wait that long, you might be forced to use it while already immune from a break free.

Maybe Heike has the right idea and you just use that ish on CD.
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »

5. ?

IKR?

50-100 pots per night? My god, you're abusing at this point! I only drink pots when I'm probly gonna die if I don't.

On a typical 7 hour night of PvP, as a healer/dps, using 50 pots is nothing; certainly not uncommon. I know tanks that blow through immovability pots at a greater rate. So yeah, popping a tri-pot every 30-60 seconds during a fight isn't a rarity. At least not for me.
    Mihail Heike

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    If ESO PvP was a swim park TF would be the kiddie pool: its way too full, everyone's wearing floaties, and instead of learning to swim you can get away with splashing around like an idiot but still not drown in shallow water that's really mostly just tears and pee.

Lol

That is a brilliant analogy! Could not agree more. CP campaigns are a huge crutch and a real test of skill is non CP

• Alishka_Gunter
    Alishka_Gunter
    ✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »

5. ?

IKR?

On a typical 7 hour night of PvP, as a healer/dps, using 50 pots is nothing; certainly not uncommon. I know tanks that blow through immovability pots at a greater rate. So yeah, popping a tri-pot every 30-60 seconds during a fight isn't a rarity. At least not for me.

Dude, I go through 50 speed pots, 50 immovable pots, probably 25 pots worth of stealth detection and 25 pots of stealthing (for when my magical is out and it's time to bail).

That *** is expensive lol
    GM of Einherjar (EHJ)

Alishka Gunter - Stamina Nightblade
    Gunter Smash - Magicka Dragonknight
    Alishka Tempestas - Magicka Sorcerer
    Alishka Arrowflinger - Stamina Nightblade
    Alishka Hides In Bushes - Magicka Nightblade
    Gunter Hearts Blueberries - Magicka Templar

• squidprojectb14_ESO
    I just got insulted and put on ignore by someone in my faction for asking that people stop night-capping and camping tri-keeps. I complained when DC did it and then when EP did it. Now AD is doing it and I don't want to be a part of it. I'm still here looking for fun fights, but I won't defend anything north of Ash / BRK. Logging in to see an entirely yellow map sucks.
    --Ral (SquidProject)

Pls. no Swareing GM (RIP--there was too much swareing)

AD: Ralastor, Magblade; Squid Pro Quo; Stamsorc
    EP: High Blood Sugar; Stamsorc
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got insulted and put on ignore by someone in my faction for asking that people stop night-capping and camping tri-keeps. I complained when DC did it and then when EP did it. Now AD is doing it and I don't want to be a part of it. I'm still here looking for fun fights, but I won't defend anything north of Ash / BRK. Logging in to see an entirely yellow map sucks.

Spell Zone Shame has reached level IV and can now be morphed!

Though I am positive it was all blue this am when I poked my head in and AD was de-emping yet another Azura's nightcap emp; AD just got a little overzealous in its reaction it seems? Calm down fams!
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @squidprojectb14_ESO and @Drakkdjinn (you guys are 95% right, but AD is dumb and let DC Oceanic Emp in the first place, so we got no excuse)

It's okay guys, dirty Oceanic players like myself got this. (last 12hr history lesson for all you people who were sensibly sleeping).

Literally all of AD apart from myself and 1 other sensible person were attempting to take Drakelowe from EP while DC was obviously about to Emp. These AD had been at Drakelowe for 2 hours (at least).... drawing EP away to defend leaving DC able to cap undefended AD and EP keeps (only like 10-15 people online per alliance at ~10pm Oceanic time).

So while AD was *** around at Drake, DC just walked straight into Roe, Alessia and BRK (of course they already had Chal). I desperately tried to duo Roe with some random pug who put up a valiant fight, but we couldn't make any decent progress and DC clinched the Emp with BRK flipping.

Passifest took DC's scroll from BB, ran it back, sent me a msg saying he wasn't going to cap anything else and from what I can tell logged off (good guy). I rallied the AD pugs (god it's been a while), with our group of 8-10 we recapped all AD home keeps by ~1am Oceanic and I went to to help a mate do something for 30mins before sleeping. Before I logged out I saw AD decided to attack Sej instead of Ash, so EP had retaliated and took Alessia.

So I don't know where this AD nightcap came from, I dare say it was more of an early morning cap for our American friends, cause when I logged at ~1.30am Oceanic time, AD had lost all momentum they had gained from recapping home keeps and were losing ground.

---

TLDR
    : It's AD's fault for letting DC Emp in Oceanic prime, Oceanic AD had 1 Emp keep at ~1.30am Oceanic time, so I think we can safely blame this on a morning cap, rather then Oceanic's (cause we are angels and have never done anything wrong).

Edited by Taylor_MB on March 25, 2017 12:56AM
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please let DC nightcap again, just this once xD

Oh, and let it last though the morning, yeah...
    Edited by WhiteMage on March 25, 2017 5:06AM
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I should get used to this... even with low population DC still gets ganged up on. I guess without EMP Booz and his crew arent strong enough to run the map, or maybe they left? EP is just hella weak r/n
    Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

maybe I'm zerging... maybe I'm running solo.... play how you wanna, pst for the 1v1
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixth wrote: »
    I guess I should get used to this... even with low population DC still gets ganged up on. I guess without EMP Booz and his crew arent strong enough to run the map, or maybe they left? EP is just hella weak r/n

Dude, Chal is basically a DC home keep on this campaign. You can't complain about EP attacking you even when AD has Emp with the length of time DC has held Chal.

For reals though, DC and EP need to start taking AD tri-keeps and scrolls, this faction stacking at Sej / Nik areas ain't working.
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »

Dude, Chal is basically a DC home keep on this campaign. You can't complain about EP attacking you even when AD has Emp with the length of time DC has held Chal.

For reals though, DC and EP need to start taking AD tri-keeps and scrolls, this faction stacking at Sej / Nik areas ain't working.

We went to hit ROE to work on Dethrone when Ales get flagged by EP... like wut
    Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »

We went to hit ROE to work on Dethrone when Ales get flagged by EP... like wut

To be fair, DC did it to AD when we were trying to dethrone EP. And also vice versa. It happens, just have to wrangle pugs a bit harder.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • BillNye_Eso
    BillNye_Eso
    ✭✭✭
    @Sixth we literally never play the map, we always go look for fights lol
    PC Na
    Animosity Founder
    Ep Orc Stam Dk
    Only believes in 10k+ Leaps
    Changed to Warden since Dk is dead class
    Changed back to dk since dead inside
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    @Sixth we literally never play the map, we always go look for fights lol

you won last campaign cause Booz played the map for emp in the mornings, i remember this. whenever ep was zerging us for something, booz was in the crowd

Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

• Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone else just get kicked to login?
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And teleported to where you were 5mins ago?
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, rollback I think. DC has ash when I got back in
    Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

• Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And EP got scrolls back but DC didn't, aww :'(
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    Just now reading this. WHAT happened?? "Rollback"....???
    Mihail Heike

~Mihail Heike
  • havingacow
    havingacow
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    Please let DC nightcap again, just this once xD

Oh, and let it last though the morning, yeah...

You have my blessing, you may night cap.
    Toons:
    fugly elf - AD Templar AR 32
    fugly's brother - EP Nightblade AR 23
    moist aphrodisiacs - EP Templar AR 13
    t h i c c - DC Nightblade AR 13
    Sir Velyn Harbor - AD Nightblade AR 22
    it's pronounced zed - DC Sorcerer AR 17
    Nothing is True Everything is Permitted
  • BillNye_Eso
    BillNye_Eso
    ✭✭✭
    @Sixth zerg surfing, and also he was getting crowned by the ep pugs that would take the map.
    PC Na
    Animosity Founder
    Ep Orc Stam Dk
    Only believes in 10k+ Leaps
    Changed to Warden since Dk is dead class
    Changed back to dk since dead inside
This discussion has been closed.