Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil Performance Test and Double AP Event

• arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    520 latency (normally 200-300) sitting around at Dragonclaw on Had, with no action nearby. Lag is very, very noticeable now compared to last week, even when I'm by myself in some field or with 2-3 other people around me. FPS has largely remained the same.
    Edited by arkansas_ESO on February 28, 2017 3:06AM

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday pvp was fun and no big lags, fps was ok too. So far so good on Haderus EU.
    Options
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latency was good on first day PC EU TF. Made ~700k AP today with a small group playing the map. We only had ping spikes when that Russian banana train circle-zerged Aleswell (PR > 800, normal PR 70-100).
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
    Options
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AJ_1988 wrote: »
    As a reminder, there is a key difference between FPS loss and Latency.

Please note your FPS and your Latency when reporting any information this week along with the scenario (Chalman milegate, Alessia Bridge, etc.) Platform and Region (NA, EU) you're reporting on.

How do I check FPS on Xbox? My ping is roughly 230 but that's because I'm in West Aust, would it be different for ingame?

I don't think we can?

Options
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP with no CP is a lot of fun so far, I'm a fan.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huge crowds on Xbox EU last night. Still the odd bit of lag not Terrible tho onky in big crowd fights.

HUGE loading screens however.

Also my toon walks slower it feels!! Might just be me
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    hey people, rather then trying to get into one campaign try..idk...going to another!!!!

#logic

but alas, people just want to pile on one campaign cause reasons.

As ep yesterady : 195 queue for Azura, 145 queue for TF, 20 queue for haderus. Played on haderus for an hour before I ragequit from all the stealth zergs
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Please note your FPS and your Latency when reporting any information this week along with the scenario (Chalman milegate, Alessia Bridge, etc.) Platform and Region (NA, EU) you're reporting on.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Don't know what you've done with the latency meter though, but it's not accurate at all.
    My ping meter stays in my usual numbers ie 100-120 all the time, even in situatiions where there is 1 sec delay. It's not a valid source for latency.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler , @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Lag at Castle Roebeck PS4 NA Scourge currently is huge. Animation delays, moves failing to execute, running and then delayed deaths are all present.

Worse, reviving at the keep leads to "unusually" long loading screen.

@ZOS_MattFiror , excellent news: Unlike all previous instances of encountering a long loading screen, wherein a long loading screen on respawn/transitus would reappear for every subsequent respawn/transitus attempt, transitus from Alessia to Roe succeeded normally within 20 minutes. Previous long loading screen at Roe seems to indicate expected behavior (the keep had hundreds of players at it) rather than a persistent issue that can only be (potentially) resolved by logging out, resetting one's PS4, logging into another character, logging out, closing the application, and then relogging/requeing for Cyrodiil on the original character.

Having no CP is awesome though. Magicka users actually have to watch where they walk now, and can't just spam heals and shields. Stamblades like me have to plan our escape routes more intelligently too.

Destruction Ultimate still has the ability to wipe zergs. Witness Roe mine PS4 AD Scourge at time of writing.

This is how PvP was meant to be. This is wonderful.

If anyone needs CP to validate or "reward" their pursuit of a higher level, they may want to find a different pastime.
    Edited by waitwhat on February 28, 2017 10:15AM
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
    Options
  • AsheronRealaidain
    AsheronRealaidain
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox NA, Alessia seemed to be no different at all when I was on yesterday morning/afternoon 2/27, noon EST, not even prime time. Same lag as there has always been with 3 alliances fighting around that keep, there was zero difference and I'm not just saying that. 40k AP ticks are nice, though... I'll be back on this evening to check out some other spots but yesterday wasn't too encouraging, didn't seem like CP made any difference whatsoever to stability/lag. I got dashboarded while just sitting inside the keep, not even outside fighting, not even moving or doing anything...

The one thing I do love is being disconnected and being able to log back in right to Cyrodiil and not have to wait out the queue again. The recent change has been horrible and hopefully you guys keep it the way it is again. As long as I can log right back in after a disconnect I don't care if the queue will take longer to get in the first time. There is nothing more frustrating then trying to PvP with your friends, they are in, you are not, you're waiting out a ~100 queue, you finally get in and then of course... they disconnect and have to wait out a ~100 queue... Please leave it like this, where you can log right back in if you are quick enough.
    Edited by AsheronRealaidain on February 28, 2017 1:38PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Asheron Realaidain | Altmer Magsorc
    Wayward Bob | Orsimer Stamplar
    Aerbax Virindi | Dunmer Magblade
    Numuhdira | Redguard Stamsorc
    Borelean Strathelar | Khajiit Stamblade
    Isin Dule | Dunmer MagDK
    Illservian Palacost | Argonian Magplar
    Lord Rytheran | Nord Stamcro
    Antius Blackmoor | Orsimer StamDK
    Xbox One X, NA
    Options
  • MusekininKanchou
    MusekininKanchou
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler , @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

First night so smooth I forgot to look at my latency. Had one incident where I was hit by a couple macro-ers and pined to the ground way longer than I really should have but I didn't die as I usually would have. Not sure how you account for the reduced sustain from the lose of CP when judging if the issue is CP calc or not. Didn't see the usual blobs of 30 or so people spamming stuff and running around like a school of fish. Guessing they can't maintain that now. In fact I was in a fight at the mile gate when I was ready to quit so I decided to suicide. I dove into a DC zerg. I must have lasted 2 or 3 minutes. I just wasn't taking much damage. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't have lasted 30 seconds at best. I don't think they had the resources for all the overlapping aoe crap and multiple Jesus beam.

Also my DK built for undaunted is a freak-en wrecking ball. I'm not taking as much damage as usual and I'm just destroying people.
    Options
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MattFiror

Also, for everyone complaining about how we're all running resource poisons now: it should be known that we've been running resource poisons all along. The templars and sorcs are actually feeling them now since they don't have infinite purge and dark exchange anymore.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Last night I was in a TF dungeon and could not get out, I kept receiving a message "Distination is full, your attempted jump failed.".

Later on in the night my zone chat looked like this:

zonechat.png

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • lllNutterlll
    I wonder if all these people that are just finding out they like no CP campaigns know Azura's Star has been a thing for awhile now?
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Last night I was in a TF dungeon and could not get out, I kept receiving a message "Distination is full, your attempted jump failed.".
    They did fix that issue where players in delves weren't counting towards the pop cap... didn't they?... :worried:
    Edited by Enodoc on February 28, 2017 2:08PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Yesterday I was in the PC/NA Trueflame campaign from 1:30pm until 11:00pm; during this time frame my group had Emperor for several hours.

- My average latency during this time frame was from 70 to 140.

- The highest my latency reached yesterday was 330ms when both DC/AD pushed through into the inner of Chalman Keep for the dethrone. However, while the UI stated I was at 330ms, it felt like I was at 70 because my skills responded right when I pushed the button, i.e., I didn't feel the lag at all.

- I experienced a grand total of "Zero (0)" crashes or lag outs; please understand that I run Zero add-ons when I'm in Cyrodiil; guild mates of mine that run add-ons did have crashes; some of them were frequent.

- FPS; my FPS in the large Chalman battle was at 25 normally its around 35 to 45; I run on High/Ultra settings, no water reflection, particle levels all the way low; with a HD Radeon 6950. An outdated card; I haven't upgraded it yet because well.. it hasn't given out yet and still runs well.

- Load screens; the first portion of the day was plagued by long load screens for my group in Cyrodiil; if the fix in yesterday's patch was for those load screens, it didn't work.

- Delve bug; this didn't happen to me, but a few group mates reported getting the old delve bug of trying to re-enter Cyrodiil but being told the instance was full and were stuck in the delve. After a few tries of getting out they were able to leave however.

- Notes; since November I have been getting large spikey lag in both PvP/PvE zones. I've collected a good amount of data and been in contact with your support team, but they tell me the latency is with my ISP, but my ISP says its with Zenimax. I do not get any latency at all whatsoever playing in other online game. Guild mates have also reported these same type of spikes in their own latency and I have collected some data from them.

- Overall, I'd recommend you raise the population caps by about 50 players and see how performance goes; most people I spoke to once I got them to recognize lag over FPS drops, did say their lag was much better.

- Biggest complaint was the queue wait to enter Trueflame PC/NA

Hope this post helps and I'll be in Cyrodiil everyday after work this week! Thank you for the double AP, will make the grind from Warlord to Grand Warlord much easier! =)
    Options
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Things have been great, i feel super squishy, and i feel super powerful. Regen sucks because i havent tried different gear yet, so my fault.

2 issues so far.

Periodically my ps4 freezes for ESO only. I have to close application and reload. When this happens I typically get an error message that i have no internet the first 2 or 3 times I try. My internet is fine when this happens, netflix continues to play, spotify keeps playing pn my ps4, and i can access other games. When i log back in the map and terrain take forever to load.

During high population areas, typically after a lot of people just died, there is spikes in lags.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some meteors unblockable and "rubber banding" even though I am blocking or in mist form. ZoS's FPS and Ping meters tell me I have decent in both, but the behavior of these meteors are saying poor server performance goes beyond CP.
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if all these people that are just finding out they like no CP campaigns know Azura's Star has been a thing for awhile now?

Apparently not. Everyone has been insisting "no one" plays no CP and it's only for noobs and low levels.

No CP has balance issues, just like CP does. If they could resolve some of the no CP issues -- proc set power, poisons, etc. -- no CP PvP would be really awesome.
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    They did fix that issue where players in delves weren't counting towards the pop cap... didn't they?... :worried:

Assuming they didn't, setting a second campaign as guest and queuing for that one may be your only way out of a delve this week.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Have you all considered adding QoL options to the console UI so we can provide a much better report
    -FPS
    -Latency/Ping

These two would help xbox one at least.
    Seem much more realistic just to set up a PC like UI for us on consoles and consolidate this to be a standard UI across all platforms
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on February 28, 2017 2:45PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Hakkane
    Hakkane
    Dear @ZOS_BrianWheeler,

Initially I agreed with the AP increase for taking keeps and resources of last update as I though it would encourage players to play the game as it was intended. I also agreed with this double AP event as I think, as you, that most of the server/client problems are caused by CP. However, both things at the same time are destroying the PVP experience due to the greed of a lot of players.

Last night I was playing Azura's Star on Xbox NA with my guild, and four our surprise, more than two thirds of the players were only grinding AP on every keep and outpost. To our dismay, they were taking turns in a "civilized" way every minute to take the flags while the other alliance players stayed peacefully upstairs, and then flipped positions. There were even dozens of players AFK hiding in impossible spots of the keeps just to receive a 12K+ tick every minute, like parasits attached to a host. My team was decided to end all that outrageous behavior by cleaning keeps and repairing, but we found that our alliance players were not simply not cooperating with us, but they were emoting aggressively against us and trashing about us in the area chat. The whole server was a grotesque grinding festival.

From a developer perspective, you are not going to obtain reliable big data about server performance, because this is not how PVP usually woks - people was not fighting against players, but only against NPCs. And from the players perspective I think you are ruining the experience for veteran PVPers, both because its exasperating for us to watch so many players being so dishonest, and also because our only endgame is to rank up in the Alliance War system and this event is making that noble goal a nosense, as by the end of the week hundreds of casual and PVE players are going to become Grand Overlords.

Please, reduce the tick for taking keeps and resources or stablish a cool down timer for receiving a new tick. Do something immediately, please.

Stop this madness.
    Options
  • MusekininKanchou
    MusekininKanchou
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Apparently not. Everyone has been insisting "no one" plays no CP and it's only for noobs and low levels.

No CP has balance issues, just like CP does. If they could resolve some of the no CP issues -- proc set power, poisons, etc. -- no CP PvP would be really awesome.

Yeah, I was thinking the proc sets might be a bit OP with no CP. My Tremorscale seems much nastier now. Normally I knock people down and take a chuck of health with pierce armor and Tremorscale but rely on allies to finish the kill. But last night I was just plain ripping people up.
    Options
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last night during US prime time was the worst PvP lag I have experienced in weeks, if not months. That was on Trueflame, PC US. Skills would fail to launch or with a long delay, and I got disconnected twice in the middle of a keep defense, each time having trouble reconnecting, being helpfully asked by the game to check that I had a working Internet connection - considering I was listening to streamed music at the time without a single hiccup, pretty sure the Internet connection was fine. Got numerous spikes to 300-500 ms, and at least two or three spikes to 999+.

Lots of general comments on zone chat along that: "Disabled CP did nothing to improve the lag issue".

I also ran into the "instance is full" error message after going to a delve to get a Blessing of War and trying to leave it. I had to spam the exit door to eventually get in. That can't help with performance if some people need to try 5-10 times to get out of a delve.
    Options
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So since the removal of CP didn't improve anything, it's safe to say ZOS has no idea why the lag is so bad.

That's depressing.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some people speculated earlier, that lag might be caused by AOE caps calculations. Was the lag better, before the AOE caps were introduced?
    Options
  • MusekininKanchou
    MusekininKanchou
    ✭✭✭
    Hakkane wrote: »
    Dear @ZOS_BrianWheeler,

Initially I agreed with the AP increase for taking keeps and resources of last update as I though it would encourage players to play the game as it was intended. I also agreed with this double AP event as I think, as you, that most of the server/client problems are caused by CP. However, both things at the same time are destroying the PVP experience due to the greed of a lot of players.

Last night I was playing Azura's Star on Xbox NA with my guild, and four our surprise, more than two thirds of the players were only grinding AP on every keep and outpost. To our dismay, they were taking turns in a "civilized" way every minute to take the flags while the other alliance players stayed peacefully upstairs, and then flipped positions. There were even dozens of players AFK hiding in impossible spots of the keeps just to receive a 12K+ tick every minute, like parasits attached to a host. My team was decided to end all that outrageous behavior by cleaning keeps and repairing, but we found that our alliance players were not simply not cooperating with us, but they were emoting aggressively against us and trashing about us in the area chat. The whole server was a grotesque grinding festival.

From a developer perspective, you are not going to obtain reliable big data about server performance, because this is not how PVP usually woks - people was not fighting against players, but only against NPCs. And from the players perspective I think you are ruining the experience for veteran PVPers, both because its exasperating for us to watch so many players being so dishonest, and also because our only endgame is to rank up in the Alliance War system and this event is making that noble goal a nosense, as by the end of the week hundreds of casual and PVE players are going to become Grand Overlords.

Please, reduce the tick for taking keeps and resources or stablish a cool down timer for receiving a new tick. Do something immediately, please.

Stop this madness.

Not sure if it's really quite that bad but I generally agree. Resources were way too low before but I think they're equally way too high now. 250 or 500 max makes more sense. Keeps I think can stay high as those battles can get long. I think improving end of campaign reward for second place might help too at least in the longer Campaigns. I get tired of working a month for a bag of rocks.
    Options
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I ran into this multiple times last night (between 9:30pm - 1:00 am central US time).

runtimeerror_2-28-17.jpg

The game still functioned after that popped up, but many of my skill animations didn't show up and I couldn't see enemy players.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AJ_1988 wrote: »

How do I check FPS on Xbox? My ping is roughly 230 but that's because I'm in West Aust, would it be different for ingame?

You wont see FPS numbers on Xbox but there's easy visual indicators to know.

Latency lag is things like pressing a button and nothing happening for xSeconds- skills not firing immediately, bar swap not working when you press the button
    Frame rate lag is graphical stuttering, animations (like particle effects, fire, projectiles, explosions, what have you) slowing down and looking choppy.

I don't think either console goes above 30fps at all, and things usually (to me) start to get choppy around 20fps

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • Eleusian
    Eleusian
    ✭✭✭
    Is this event all platforms ?
    PS4 NA
    Options