Cyrodiil Performance Test and Double AP Event

• hoaxburnrwb17_ESO
    hoaxburnrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Koolio wrote: »
    I just spent 2 years getting as much CP as possible to play Pvp. I don't think removing them is a good way to go. Not a good idea.

It's only for a period of one week. This is not a permanent removal, just a week-long test.

One week of no Cp is an insult to my CP rank. It better not be permanent. 2 years of cp grind gone. I don't even PVE. Guess I'll go buy another game hopefully I won't like it and come back. Unless that change stays. Then I'll find something else

Go buy another game, without cp u are nothing.
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is great, i use to go into the CP campaign and pretty much got rekt all the time. I'm CP 260, so i decided to go into the non CP campaign to improve my PvP skillz. When i got there i was suprised that i killed someone :) Not only that i survived alot longer than i do in the CP campaing.

I would love to see all these op CP 600 PvP without their precious CP, they wont be as good as they think they are. Their magicka, Stamina will be alot lower and the recovery time is reduce. In fact it will be like the old days lv 50, and VR 14, then Vr 16. Before the dark times, before the CP.

The other day i saw a cp 600+ vet in the non CP camapaign trying to 1v6, he kited (which was the only thing he is good at) but once 5 of us Rookies got at him he didnt last long. LMAO at the Pk and PKK without their precious champion points and will now have to rely on gear sets to be good.

good luck...

why are you bragging about Xv1ing someone?.

Invictus
    Options
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP Week sounds like a plan!

Whats next on the roadmap?

I can suggest:
    - No Gear Week
    - No AOE Week
    - No MAg skills Week
    - No Stam skills Week
    - Only light and heavy attacks Week
    oh man this list can go and go
    Am I hired?
    Options
  • hoaxburnrwb17_ESO
    hoaxburnrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    This is great, i use to go into the CP campaign and pretty much got rekt all the time. I'm CP 260, so i decided to go into the non CP campaign to improve my PvP skillz. When i got there i was suprised that i killed someone :) Not only that i survived alot longer than i do in the CP campaing.

I would love to see all these op CP 600 PvP without their precious CP, they wont be as good as they think they are. Their magicka, Stamina will be alot lower and the recovery time is reduce. In fact it will be like the old days lv 50, and VR 14, then Vr 16. Before the dark times, before the CP.

The other day i saw a cp 600+ vet in the non CP camapaign trying to 1v6, he kited (which was the only thing he is good at) but once 5 of us Rookies got at him he didnt last long. LMAO at the Pk and PKK without their precious champion points and will now have to rely on gear sets to be good.

good luck...

lol i never said anything about Xv1ing someone, i said i was surpised i killed someone in a non cp campaing, and that a cp 600+ wast trying to 1vX but couldnt. all he was good at was kiting for a few minutes. Learn to comprehend reading.
    Options
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys don't forget to turn off CE this week otherwise you will be easily spotted and exposed ;)
    Options
  • lllNutterlll

good luck...

Umm... VR14 and VR16 you still had 501 champ points. Granted that's 99 less than now but still champ points. On top of that a 5v1? That's hard to do for anyone in any campaign not just non vet. Good for you for the Xv1 though.

I can appreciate the non cap CP players going to the No CP campaigns though. It is difficult when you don't have the same abilities, resources and recovery as others and yes there are some garbage players with max CP. To pull them away from everyone though is a BS fix though. Why punish someone for working to get the incentive offered (CP) just to take it away?
    Options
  • lllNutterlll
    Lucky28 wrote: »

good luck...

lol i never said anything about Xv1ing someone, i said i was surpised i killed someone in a non cp campaing, and that a cp 600+ wast trying to 1vX but couldnt. all he was good at was kiting for a few minutes. Learn to comprehend reading.

You literally did... "but once 5 of us Rookies got at him he didnt last long. LMAO"... Did I fail at comprehensive reading?
    Options
  • rayban
    rayban
    Soul Shriven
    brian, are you aware of the outpost flipping people are doing to gain easy 6k ap?

So what, resources and outposts should give significant AP. It gets the cheaters off the leaderboard, moves the map and spreads players out. You don't like the outpost flipped, defend it. AP has been unbalanced since the the game dropped. I've watched the cheaters set up camps so their other alliance buddies can bomb them. This new meta is awesome for people that like to run the map.
    Options
  • rayban
    rayban
    Soul Shriven
    On a second note Brian, you will lose a lot of players if you take away something that not only did you just give us but that real players have been waiting for a long time.
    Options
  • Parafrost
    Parafrost
    ✭✭✭
    All of these people who aren't going to pvp this week probably started during the time cp was around so they wouldn't know how no cp pvp was like in 1.4(talkin about the console players who only had cp). This is a great change, just remove the cost poisons and it'll be great.
    Options
  • lllNutterlll
    rayban wrote: »
    brian, are you aware of the outpost flipping people are doing to gain easy 6k ap?

So what, resources and outposts should give significant AP. It gets the cheaters off the leaderboard, moves the map and spreads players out. You don't like the outpost flipped, defend it. AP has been unbalanced since the the game dropped. I've watched the cheaters set up camps so their other alliance buddies can bomb them. This new meta is awesome for people that like to run the map.

I agree that AP for flipping keeps and resources should be worth more. I think the issue he is referring to however is where you have two groups farming AP by flipping a keep, stepping out and letting their friends take it. They keep doing this and farming AP. I've seen this already in thornblade. I don't think anyone disagrees with keep flips getting more AP but maybe have an extended cool down before it's worth that 6k AP again? Just needs adjusted is where I think those complaints are coming from.
    Options
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it, this will expose cheaters since there will be no non CP build that will have infinite resources, I hope you find CP is bad and never bring them back in pvp, I would take good game play and better performance any day over CP.

Have you guys thought of changing the CP system to something that adds a little more utility make CP give you fun stuff for your character, things like feather fall, or watered down version of like leap or a bolt escape, just not as powerful as the core class, other little things. I think you are going find a lot of people been hiding the cheat engine under the CP system.

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out glad your planning on adjusting the AP at the resources, but you guys should have known that would happen.

What does cp have to do with cheating?

Are you serious?

'If they kill me it's because they have more cp and therefore are cheating'

@leepalmer95 I think @kevlarto_ESO 's point was that high-regen builds will be less viable without CP, and thus those who cheat to gain resources will be more visible.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
    Options
  • SimonSays89
    @MyNameIsElias We are aware of that behavior and will be adjusting values of Outposts, Resources and Keeps after the event.

Wo Wo Wo, slow down there, adjusting the values?
    Changing the value of an outpost has an effect on everyone. Yet, not everyone specifically abuses the game in order to earn extra AP.
    I can also understand why some players want to scrap 600cp kind of thing, but as another mentioned, it would be unfair on the player who have achieved it. I don't really understand why you don't have incremental campaigns for example:

No CP, Cp 1-200, Cp 201-400, Cp401-600, All Cp

I think there needs to be stricter alliance rules, personally. So many players switched to ebonheart and power levelled their character up, just so they can get better campaign rewards, and then come in on their DC character while DC are getting rekt just to troll and taunt in zone chat. - Possibly make it so you can only have 1 alliance active at one time, as i know ppl with multiple characters will moan at me for this comment, i mean i have 6 myself... but i was fortunate to have any race any faction.
    "May your sword be sharp, and your tongue sharper!"
    Options
  • rayban
    rayban
    Soul Shriven

I agree that AP for flipping keeps and resources should be worth more. I think the issue he is referring to however is where you have two groups farming AP by flipping a keep, stepping out and letting their friends take it. They keep doing this and farming AP. I've seen this already in thornblade. I don't think anyone disagrees with keep flips getting more AP but maybe have an extended cool down before it's worth that 6k AP again? Just needs adjusted is where I think those complaints are coming from.

The AP farming cheaters have been blowing up their buddies for 10k AP bombs for ever so what's the difference? If you look at the scourge PS4 leader boards they are filled with cross alliance players that bomb each other for AP. At least this way any player that works the map can get AP and play the game the way it was meant to be played.
    Options
  • lllNutterlll

The AP farming cheaters have been blowing up their buddies for 10k AP bombs for ever so what's the difference? If you look at the scourge PS4 leader boards they are filled with cross alliance players that bomb each other for AP. At least this way any player that works the map can get AP and play the game the way it was meant to be played.

I agree and cheaters will always find a way to cheat.
    Options
  • Garrick
    Garrick
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot see how CP points could be impacting performance more than any other game mechanic. I would think it more likely to be a volume issue: more people in one place means more checks and counter checks between entities. Azura's Star just has lower volume.

Look at it this way:
    4 people means 16 interactions
    8 people means 64 interactions
    12 people means 144 interactions
    16 people means 256 interactions
    20 people means 400 interactions
    100 people means 10,000 interactions

This is kind of obvious so I fail to see how the developers are ignorant of it. This suggests that it is not something that can really be fixed, so the only alternative is to reduce the size of each interaction. Removing CP is one quick way of reducing the size of the interaction, with the added benefit that many long time PvPers feel CP imbalances PvP anyway, so perhaps no-one would miss it.

I'm all for it. I think PvP needs much more to fix it properly, but I doubt CP will be missed except in terms of knee-jerk reactions.
    Options
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol if all campaigns go no CP that's millions of gold wasted on multiple builds I have for CP campaigns that simply won't work anymore and even more hours, days and weeks that I've grinded gear I won't use anymore. I do play blackwater also and enjoy the no CP however your builds are completely different and the style you play is different. To kill CP though... It's just a waste to my current builds, time and gold... Why not give more incentive to the no CP campaigns? Draw more people to dead campaigns. Don't throw away my time and gold I've already spent.

Gear lol will be raised at some point anyway making your gear worthless regardless. Sort of an invalid point in the end.
    Options
  • lllNutterlll
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    Lol if all campaigns go no CP that's millions of gold wasted on multiple builds I have for CP campaigns that simply won't work anymore and even more hours, days and weeks that I've grinded gear I won't use anymore. I do play blackwater also and enjoy the no CP however your builds are completely different and the style you play is different. To kill CP though... It's just a waste to my current builds, time and gold... Why not give more incentive to the no CP campaigns? Draw more people to dead campaigns. Don't throw away my time and gold I've already spent.

Gear lol will be raised at some point anyway making your gear worthless regardless. Sort of an invalid point in the end.
    Gear has been at CP160 for awhile now. It always gets adjusted but my point is intact valid until they either eliminate CP or increase the CP level of gear from 160 to higher.
    Options
  • MusekininKanchou
    MusekininKanchou
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Well so one week of not pvping because i´m not going to craft a template for that bullcrap? Nice - do i get my subscription refunded for that time period?

Edit: Do you really think anyone who has a template balanced for CP is going to continue to play? That´s moronic.

Are you that big of a wuss you won't fight me with out your precious CP? I'll be short 598 CP too. I take it you're in one of those DC zergs that run around in groups using eye of the storm? The wife was looking over my shoulder watching that one night.
    Wife: What are those players doing?
    Me: That's an eye of the storm raid. The activate Eye of the Storm then rush forward. Anyone in their way gets wiped out. Then they pull back to build ultimate and do it again.
    Wife: They look like a stupid school of fish. Seems cheap ass.
    Me: Kind of but it's not that tough to beat. You just have to work around behind them and wait for them to surge forward, then hit their healers from behind kind of like this. (Did a shield charge ping pong off of three healers knocking them down. Killed one and the other two were taken out by other EP with me. The entire raid wiped about 30 seconds after their Ultimates ended when EP rushed them and they had no healers.)

Funniest part, my wife thinks I know what I'm doing in PVP now.
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Parafrost wrote: »
    All of these people who aren't going to pvp this week probably started during the time cp was around so they wouldn't know how no cp pvp was like in 1.4(talkin about the console players who only had cp). This is a great change, just remove the cost poisons and it'll be great.

Yup,

Playing in Azura i found players who make mistakes(not able to manage resources properly, casting heals when they shouldn't, shielding when they shouldn't, gap close spamming) would die to yours truly pretty quickly...i found i could take on 3 max level CP 600(CP don't matter in Azura) and as long as i didn't make mistakes and they button mashed i'd win and kill them 7 out of 10 times. The only folks i had issues against were ones using resource draining poisons, which sadly quickly became thing in every encounter.

in non-CP it forces you to invest more into sustain.

This trends damage down, which in turn trends TTK up which is a good thing.

Viper hits for about 2.7k in Azura and hits for 5-6k in TF with CP...just to give you an idea of the damage difference. Investing in flat out damage in No-CP will quickly find you out of smack against a competent opponent and killed. Which IMO is fair. Resource management should matter, resource management was this games version of cooldowns.

I don't want them to remove CP completely though, as long as they have a no-cp campaign i can play on, i careless about TF having CP. im a big proponent of choice, and folks should have choices.

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Will there be a No-CP version of Battle grounds? I'd really like to play Battlegrounds with No-CP if that's going to be possible.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Will there be a No-CP version of Battle grounds? I'd really like to play Battlegrounds with No-CP if that's going to be possible.

I second this. BG's need a nCP.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • bronski
    bronski
    ✭✭✭

or maybe he was just trying to get the hell away from six people beating on him. i guess he deserved it for playing the game longer than you and having more cp in a campaign where cp dont matter.
    Options
  • MusekininKanchou
    MusekininKanchou
    ✭✭✭
    Garrick wrote: »
    I cannot see how CP points could be impacting performance more than any other game mechanic. I would think it more likely to be a volume issue: more people in one place means more checks and counter checks between entities. Azura's Star just has lower volume.

Look at it this way:
    4 people means 16 interactions
    8 people means 64 interactions
    12 people means 144 interactions
    16 people means 256 interactions
    20 people means 400 interactions
    100 people means 10,000 interactions

This is kind of obvious so I fail to see how the developers are ignorant of it. This suggests that it is not something that can really be fixed, so the only alternative is to reduce the size of each interaction. Removing CP is one quick way of reducing the size of the interaction, with the added benefit that many long time PvPers feel CP imbalances PvP anyway, so perhaps no-one would miss it.

I'm all for it. I think PvP needs much more to fix it properly, but I doubt CP will be missed except in terms of knee-jerk reactions.

Pretty sure that's the point of this test. They've seen performance improve in Azura without CP but I'm guessing they aren't convinced that that's really the issue. Applying the CP nerf to Trueflame and convincing everyone to play as before is the surest way to answerer that question. If we can bork Truflame without CP then they can stop wasting energy on examining CP as the problem and move on to other things. If we can't then they know they have to focus on how CP is handled. It's a matter of narrowing down where to focus their efforts. Now stop whining and go murder some people for the Pact.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parafrost wrote: »

Yup,

Playing in Azura i found players who make mistakes(not able to manage resources properly, casting heals when they shouldn't, shielding when they shouldn't, gap close spamming) would die to yours truly pretty quickly...i found i could take on 3 max level CP 600(CP don't matter in Azura) and as long as i didn't make mistakes and they button mashed i'd win and kill them 7 out of 10 times. The only folks i had issues against were ones using resource draining poisons, which sadly quickly became thing in every encounter.

in non-CP it forces you to invest more into sustain.

This trends damage down, which in turn trends TTK up which is a good thing.

Viper hits for about 2.7k in Azura and hits for 5-6k in TF with CP...just to give you an idea of the damage difference. Investing in flat out damage in No-CP will quickly find you out of smack against a competent opponent and killed. Which IMO is fair. Resource management should matter, resource management was this games version of cooldowns.

I don't want them to remove CP completely though, as long as they have a no-cp campaign i can play on, i careless about TF having CP. im a big proponent of choice, and folks should have choices.

Yea as much as nCP is fun, we can't logically lose more players from Cyro. But if they find that they can't keep cP from lagging TF&Haddy, we don't want band aid fixes either (historically those made more players leave over time.)

We would have to bite the bullet and deal with nCP across whole campaigns in that instant. Whatever they decide, I hope we back them fully if it means we get great performance in cyro.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Campaign durations and leaderboards will not be adjusted during this week

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

The Leaderboards are not frozen.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well loading screens are still really bad this morning on PS4 with no CP.
    Other than that I am finding it not too bad, but then again I played on PC when there wasn't CP.
    Options
  • MightyBantam34
    MightyBantam34
    ✭✭✭
    No cp has turned cyrodiil into stam users campaign, as a mag nb it's hard work with cp , but the pvp at the moment is terrible experience, death recap viper ... on every death
    Options
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leaderboards are not frozen, they still tick on!
    :]
    Options
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, repair AP is not doubled.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
    Options