Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Xbox Live™ service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Cyrodiil Performance Test and Double AP Event

• Deedleqwerty
    Deedleqwerty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fritzOSU03 wrote: »
    Personally, I don't want to see CP removed entirely from PvP but if it's done we're all going to be on an even field.

Also, is there any place where the calculations being done per player in Cyrodiil are available? As a programmer, I know that a fresh perspective on an algorithm can sometimes go a long, long way.

Six or eight months ago, I'd would have agreed. There was a wide variance in CP ranks.

Nowadays, the majority of the folks I run into are 561s - certainly not all, but a significant number.

CP allows us to hone and specialize. I'm a stam sorc, and I use my CP to my advantage. Why would I want an even balance of magic, health and stamina, if what I really want to do is kill things with a bow?

~Deedleqwerty
    ~Deedleqwerty [PS4] / NA / EU
    CP 1980 NA / CP 1400 EU
    Aldmeri Dominion - Wardevils
    See you in Cyrodiil
    Options
  • Hearts_Wake
    Hearts_Wake
    ✭✭✭
    Zohr wrote: »
    Great step towards improving Cyro performance. I can handle 1 week of no CP if it means you get the data you need.

Dude, you're not getting the idea of what "test" means. If that data determines that CP is a major factor in the lag - and blue screens, and infinite loading screens, among other issues - then the no CP in Cyrodiil is likely to become permanent. Why else do the test?

For me, I've been looking for time to play Horizon Dawn, which drops on Feb. 28.

Looks like I just got a week.

~Deedleqwerty

do you still lag in non cp campaign?
    QQ.
    Options
  • smee_z
    smee_z
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler No CHEESE for a week (and possibly forever) in other campaigns outside of Azura? YES PLEASE.

You might wonder why all of a sudden the ATTENTION to fix Cyrodiil (and this time for REALS)? Well, there's this other game that just came out with excellent PvP, better than ESO.

Edited by smee_z on February 21, 2017 10:41PM
    PC NA

Games are meant to be played.

Back in Auriel's Bow 1.0, I have thought that the best way to handicap a faction with the HUGE pop advantage is to temporarily disable their grouping functionality and their ability to fight in 3rd person point of view! Let's see if these do not even up the odds.
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Huggelz wrote: »
    please test out dynamic ult gen as well

Oh how I miss dynamic ult gen... :disappointed: .
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NACtron wrote: »
    In b4 my guild gets blamed for server performance issues. ;)

Better hurry up and sell those lag switches on the guild stores lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • QahnaarinDynar
    QahnaarinDynar
    ✭✭✭
    The people who are saying that hopefully this will lead to a decision to remove cp from all campaigns need to put a sock in it. If you've got a problem with CP then stay in your non-cp campaign, lock the door and throw away the key. The people who are saying cp should never have been added in the first place should stick to the below level 50 campaign.

The only reason you're complaining is because you got rekt hard and you can't improve to the point where you can compete seriously with the players who know what they're doing.

The worst part is the people who say that people in trueflame will have to learn to get out of heavy and into the armour they "should" be wearing. This isn't a traditional 2D mentality game where sorcerers are spell casters in light, knights are sword wielders in heavy and nightblades are just assassins for hire in medium. The greatest part of this game that's made it worth it for me and many others is the fact that in actually provides such a rich bounty of opportunities to create unique builds. You have no right to tell others who spent their precious time and money how they should be playing a game that's supposed to entertain everybody.

Gankers for instance cause loads of people including myself a lot of grief, but it's much more satisfying beating them at their own game instead of crippling them through very poor administrative choices. It entertains them to stealth rek other people, and it entertains me to put a ruthless spin on their antics. Stop whining and get real, if you suck it's because you suck and nothing else. I do as well, and I try to get better instead of trying to force ZoS into making very stupid decisions.
    Guildmaster of Amaraldane Arpen Nenalata

PC/NA - Trueflame

One zerg to rule them all, one zerg to find them. One zerg to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The people who are saying that hopefully this will lead to a decision to remove cp from all campaigns need to put a sock in it. If you've got a problem with CP then stay in your non-cp campaign, lock the door and throw away the key. The people who are saying cp should never have been added in the first place should stick to the below level 50 campaign.

The only reason you're complaining is because you got rekt hard and you can't improve to the point where you can compete seriously with the players who know what they're doing.

The worst part is the people who say that people in trueflame will have to learn to get out of heavy and into the armour they "should" be wearing. This isn't a traditional 2D mentality game where sorcerers are spell casters in light, knights are sword wielders in heavy and nightblades are just assassins for hire in medium. The greatest part of this game that's made it worth it for me and many others is the fact that in actually provides such a rich bounty of opportunities to create unique builds. You have no right to tell others who spent their precious time and money how they should be playing a game that's supposed to entertain everybody.

Gankers for instance cause loads of people including myself a lot of grief, but it's much more satisfying beating them at their own game instead of crippling them through very poor administrative choices. It entertains them to stealth rek other people, and it entertains me to put a ruthless spin on their antics. Stop whining and get real, if you suck it's because you suck and nothing else. I do as well, and I try to get better instead of trying to force ZoS into making very stupid decisions.

You're a special kind of stupid aren't you?

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been discussed internally at length and we are still going to double the AP from those sources during this test.

Can you share with us the reasons for this decision?

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Simple, not enough players have earnt AP.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, I don't think they have enough data from just Azura's Star. Where do you think the majority of long time players play? The majority of organized groups who have been playing together for a spell and who do things like, I don't know, synchronized proxies and ulti drops? Rotated destros and remembrance? Do you think people with lower cp play the same way as people at cp cap? How many people on Azura's are running in groups of 16+?

If you remove cp from Trueflame, and you notice a significant server side difference, you can start to rule out "stuff that Trueflame players do" as boogeymen for the lag. You can say gasp, egads, perhaps it 'twas not the healing springs and the Magic Number Sixteen after all.

You cannot do the same if you look at Azura's Star. You have too many other variables in the mix.

BwB is also no CP so I'd guess that campaign was taken into consideration too along with Azura's. Also have to keep in mind they have Xbox servers, PS servers and the EU server as well to collect data from. If all the non-CP campaigns show little to no lag then that's how they came to the conclusion that CP might be the issue.

Options
  • incite
    incite
    ✭✭✭✭
    If this is gonna become permanent, make sure to remove poisons too

Im sure you wont be able to remove them during the upcoming test so i can already imagine how crappy pvp will be then...

Everyone running out of rescources after 10 sec, solo players/small scalers cant 1vX as effecient and 90% of them will either quit pvp that week or join the zerg.

gg
    PC EU

no1 knows me, no1 cares about me but sshh, don't tell

Options
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance in PvP took a nose dive ever since the lighting patch. I know the devs have dismissed this but simply put we had a great PvP experience at the start with far greater numbers in Cyrodiil fighting along side the now extinct deers with nowhere near the lag/performance issues we started getting post lighting patch. This was all way before CP was introduced. I believe CP adds strains to the sever obviously, but it won't fix the lag by simply removing it. That said, i am all for CP being removed.
    Options
  • Wolverton808b14_ESO
    -sips tea- Just here waiting until we stop scaling heals with wep/spell dmg. Very interesting to see all the CP reliant players freak out for a week. It's a great idea to test out and there's no shame in cracking a few eggs to make an omelette am I right?Also, side question, why are formerly banned players sighted in the game again? Thank you all for the hard work and a great game ;)
    Options
  • Wolverton808b14_ESO

You have the patience to write such a hateful post towards non CP players that most likely CAN "wreck" you in fact, but not enough patience to just try out a test for a week? In order to get rid of weeds you need to pull it from the root. And if we don't let zenny test this, how could we possibly know if CP was the root of the problem or not? Keep an open mind. Leave your hatred somewhere else and throw that key away. If you want to help the game, help it. Don't waste it's time #2017.
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamini wrote: »
    Hopefully a small step on the path to softcaps.

Next week is going to be extremely enjoyable for me.

uh, no. if anything they'll just change the more active passives like 'Arcane well' CP is not going anywhere for long tho. it's been in game far too long and players have spent far to much time on it for it to ever be removed.
    Edited by Lucky28 on February 22, 2017 5:07AM
    Invictus
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvP community is such a hateful one. Look at how bad you all have harassed Derra for having his opinion on CP vs. nonCP. I don't even play EU and I know that Derra is a good player, yet you're all taking advantage to bash someone and insult someone you don't even know, and for what reason? Because he sees things differently than you? What a shame.

And all these nonCP players being hateful to CP players. God, how toxic. I hope you are all ashamed of yourselves for being so hateful for no reason at all.

CP is an integrated part of this game now. No-CP campaigns are fun, but aren't for everyone, and that is okay. CP is here to stay, everyone, sorry.

Also, Cyrodiil performance was extremely bad even before CP. Do any of you remember Wabba? Thornblade before 1.6? I mean come on. I'd argue it was much worse back then. So I don't think CP in the "root of all evil" here.

I've spent time in both nonCP and CP campaigns. From my experience, nonCP performs better because there's more players there who have no clue what they're doing 80% of the time on PC NA. There have been more experienced players in past months who home there now, but there's also the mindless pug zergs who sit on their siege all day and spam siege shields in 1v1 scenarios.

I'm interested to know what is found from this upcoming week's tests, and I'm glad they're doing these tests, as I have stated before, but all of you need to take a chillpill and stop being vicious towards people who don't have the same opinion as you. ffs.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Takllin wrote: »
    I also don't think it's been mentioned, but it would be pretty funny to see if when this happens the population on Trueflame declines to the point that the test has no purpose. More than a few people might be willing to take a week off.

I reckon anyone that currently plays on Azuras will flock to TF as they will have far more experience playing in a non CP campaign. Easy pickings to be had.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Does this double AP stack with the boss AP bonus?
    It will.
    bubbygink wrote: »
    Glad they are doing some testing to improve performance, I can always get behind that. But man, 14.4k AP for taking keeps (assuming you're using the 20% blessing of war passive and it still works during this period) is some crazy overkill. 3.6k AP for resources. That would mean PvDooring a keep and taking its resources would be over 25k AP alone. Over 25k AP for flipping a single keep and its resources without having to do a shred of PvP. Yikes. @ZOS_BrianWheeler Perhaps consider only doubling AP for kills and not for keep/resource capture.
    This has been discussed internally at length and we are still going to double the AP from those sources during this test.
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler You said in another post that sets with procs (Red Mountain, Viper, etc.) cause additional stress on the server that can lead to lag. Have you considered having a "No Proc Sets" week to gather data?
    We have considered that option but that's not in the cards for a test in the near future. It's not impossible, but would take a good chunk of time/work to do.

You know, dear Brian Wheeler, if you made a "none-procc" campaign...that would be the most popular campaign to play...so why dont you? :hushed:

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    It will.
    Glad they are doing some testing to improve performance, I can always get behind that. But man, 14.4k AP for taking keeps (assuming you're using the 20% blessing of war passive and it still works during this period) is some crazy overkill. 3.6k AP for resources. That would mean PvDooring a keep and taking its resources would be over 25k AP alone. Over 25k AP for flipping a single keep and its resources without having to do a shred of PvP. Yikes. @ZOS_BrianWheeler Perhaps consider only doubling AP for kills and not for keep/resource capture.
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler You said in another post that sets with procs (Red Mountain, Viper, etc.) cause additional stress on the server that can lead to lag. Have you considered having a "No Proc Sets" week to gather data?
    We have considered that option but that's not in the cards for a test in the near future. It's not impossible, but would take a good chunk of time/work to do.

You know, dear Brian Wheeler, if you made a "none-procc" campaign...that would be the most popular campaign to play...so why dont you? :hushed:

Well, that's not entirely true. while stacking Viper/Widow/Veli is garbage. there is also sets like bloodspawn, Transmutaion etc that are considered "proc sets" but aren't near as cancerous.
    Invictus
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    It will.

Well, that's not entirely true. while stacking Viper/Widow/Veli is garbage. there is also sets like bloodspawn, Transmutaion etc that are considered "proc sets" but aren't near as cancerous.

I think pirate skeleton and trollking are pretty top notch in terms of imbalance aswell.

It would basically require individual looking at for every proccset (bsw, lich, warlock, alchemist aswell).
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont get ZoS logic sometimes. Close down PvP servers, then come up with a "test" that will double AP for everyone, which in turn will bring more players back to play for that period, but now we have less servers to go to and now everyone will have to queue for ages to get into a server......

Surely you should have closed the servers AFTER the test ?
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Will IC be affected by this NON CP or will it remain as it is during this test?
    Options
  • Isellskooma
    Isellskooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just get rid of CP or cap it to 160 nobody likes it anyway. The only people who actualy like CP are the ones at Max.

Az all the way ;)

I have 871 and I want CP removed too, it's so easy for people to play and do good
    If you want to make tests leave at least one campaign with cp and no double alliance points on that one so those that enjoy cp campaigns can continue to pvp.
    Many players quit due to performance and infinite resources where everybody is Superman. So it may bring some players back and yes some may quit. Just change your sets out to stuff like Seducer and/or add regen to jewelry.

So why don't those who quit "due to performance and infinite resources where everybody is Superman" simply play on Azura's? Not enough people there?

It's completely dead on Xbox.
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    It will.

I think pirate skeleton and trollking are pretty top notch in terms of imbalance aswell.

It would basically require individual looking at for every proccset (bsw, lich, warlock, alchemist aswell).

Pirate skeleton and trollking put some builds over the top while making others actually playable openworld. that's kinda a nightmare because it's "how to nerf this build without nerfing that build" kind of situation.
    Edited by Lucky28 on February 22, 2017 12:24PM
    Invictus
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they really wanted to help with lag, they'd nerf Destro ult and buff Prox Det back up....We went from having a viable method at taking out Zerg Balls that cause lag to having that method nerf and a Ult added that's extremely powerful for Zerg Balls
    Options
  • Kajin
    Kajin
    I hope they remove CP for PvP.
    When battlegrounds come you don't want to fight people with infited resources to spam block, dodge or AoE.
    I really don't want to fight 50 minutes of agianst those players.

For a month now I switch from TF to Azura, mainly due the preformance issues. After some struggle and adjusting I love Azura. I'm still learning and adjusting.
    With no CP you have to manage your resources.

Now:
    * Remove resources posions, they are deadly in no CP.
    * Remove or adjust proc sets.

People need to understand that ZOS balance around CP and the NO CP campaign is pretty balanced, apart from posions and siege damage could be a little lower.
    Edited by Kajin on February 22, 2017 2:13PM
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP community is such a hateful one. Look at how bad you all have harassed Derra for having his opinion on CP vs. nonCP. I don't even play EU and I know that Derra is a good player, yet you're all taking advantage to bash someone and insult someone you don't even know, and for what reason? Because he sees things differently than you? What a shame.

And all these nonCP players being hateful to CP players. God, how toxic. I hope you are all ashamed of yourselves for being so hateful for no reason at all.

CP is an integrated part of this game now. No-CP campaigns are fun, but aren't for everyone, and that is okay. CP is here to stay, everyone, sorry.

Also, Cyrodiil performance was extremely bad even before CP. Do any of you remember Wabba? Thornblade before 1.6? I mean come on. I'd argue it was much worse back then. So I don't think CP in the "root of all evil" here.

I've spent time in both nonCP and CP campaigns. From my experience, nonCP performs better because there's more players there who have no clue what they're doing 80% of the time on PC NA. There have been more experienced players in past months who home there now, but there's also the mindless pug zergs who sit on their siege all day and spam siege shields in 1v1 scenarios.

I'm interested to know what is found from this upcoming week's tests, and I'm glad they're doing these tests, as I have stated before, but all of you need to take a chillpill and stop being vicious towards people who don't have the same opinion as you. ffs.

giphy.gif
    Options
  • Wtrenga
    Wtrenga
    ✭✭✭
    People are so whiny these day and will never be happy - even if ZOS does exactly what they wish for.
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will.

Because they've got it in their heads that proc damage sets are fun and interesting. Like making a class with no execute and, until recently, no reliable self heal. It's just such a fun idea to them.
    Options
  • Zouni
    Zouni
    ✭✭✭
    As long as they dont decide to remove CP entirley I am ok with this study and encourage them to do so.
    Nyxtes - NB
    Nyxta - Sorc
    Mastrofonoss - DK
    Gr Blue - Temp
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Did you take a gander at the suggested temporary changes to siege damage? I feel it is essential to get the most out of this test.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options