Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Morrowind...and ESO+

• AoDD33pfri3d
    AoDD33pfri3d
    ✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    Given they have not explicitly stated how this 'expansion' works with ESO+, I'm 99% sure even ESO+ members are going to charged $40 for this. They are being very coy.

Yup eso plus people has to pay for it
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MadLarkin wrote: »
    Your comparison would work if they gave an expansion worthy of WOW, you know their expansions come with loads more zones, loads more Dungeons, few new Raids, new race and class.
    This "Expansion" comes with another Wrothgar and a new class and one raid maybe....This is nothing more than Orsinium which is a DLC, ZOS has basically renamed a DLC to get more money.

And the class isn't even totally new. I've read a few times that the Warden was present in the game as far back as beta.

It was originally in the game alpha and beta.

But... is it the same class, or just a reuse of the concept and name?
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After spending over $300 bucks on this game since release, now I have to buy the game again?

I don't think so.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, guys. I'm not understanding the ire over this one. I'm usually among the first to speak out against overpriced cash shop items (even if I cave on occasion and buy 'em -- meh, I'm human), but that's not what Morrowind is. Paid expansions are the norm for MMORPGs, and I wouldn't even for a moment expect ZOS to bundle this one in with the subscription fee. Expansions are not DLC packs; they are substantial additions to a base game (usually introducing a new class or major game mechanic), not just a new area / quest line. DLCs are comparable to LOTRO's smaller updates (which subscribers got for "free", like we do here). There will almost certainly be future DLCs associated with the Morrowind expansion that subs will get access to immediately, as per usual.

MMORPGs aren't cheap to run, guys. They have to keep the lights on SOMEHOW. I'd rather they do it this way with potentially awesome new content, instead of sticking ugly $40 mounts in the store.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hallo.

So I "came back" today to find out more about Morrowind and see if performance issues had improved. I said I was interested in Morrowind and would probably get ESO+ again for access.

I then found out ESO+ means nothing in regards to this release.

So, what does ESO+ mean to everyone?

To start with it was loyalty, rewards, special access and ZOS' appreciation.
    Now it's dyeing your clothes and have a bit more room in your backpack.

Loyalty hasn't been appreciated.
    Rewards aren't given or worth the cost (considering it's a monthly payment - that adds up!)
    Special access isn't at all how they implied it would be. If I bought all the dungeons and mini areas with money instead of subbing I'd have saved a LOT. So, in my opinion; ESO+ is a way for ZOS to milk people for as long as they can using empty promising and pretty looking bait.

Their choice to include ESO+ has backfired and caused a major divide in the customers. Oddly, the ones supporting them monthly are the ones losing out.
    Edited by Cazzy on February 13, 2017 10:04PM
  • TiberiusTryton
    TiberiusTryton
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe if you have been sub'd for a year you can get it? Maybe some crowns? ANYTHING? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom . Don't get me wrong I support the game 100%. I run a guild where the PvP requirement for harder targets is actually a crown store costume..... I encourage people to support this game. But you cannot keep giving us reasons to stop putting up with so much disappointment. Hope all the ideas and concerns from this thread gets into the right hands. Some of us have been here since before CP and there was even more lag back then. We couldn't even play the game at times. We have been testing this game for years now. LOYALTY has to be MUTUAL.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An ESO+ discount would at least be in nice.
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if I buy ESO Morrowind, will it come with the core game's expansions like thieves guild, orisinium, etc? Or do I need to be an ESO + or pay for them?
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qsnoopyjr wrote: »
    I wonder if I buy ESO Morrowind, will it come with the core game's expansions like thieves guild, orisinium, etc? Or do I need to be an ESO + or pay for them?

Haha of course you get only morrowind and base ESO.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Sorry, guys. I'm not understanding the ire over this one. I'm usually among the first to speak out against overpriced cash shop items (even if I cave on occasion and buy 'em -- meh, I'm human), but that's not what Morrowind is. Paid expansions are the norm for MMORPGs, and I wouldn't even for a moment expect ZOS to bundle this one in with the subscription fee. Expansions are not DLC packs; they are substantial additions to a base game (usually introducing a new class or major game mechanic), not just a new area / quest line. DLCs are comparable to LOTRO's smaller updates (which subscribers got for "free", like we do here). There will almost certainly be future DLCs associated with the Morrowind expansion that subs will get access to immediately, as per usual.

MMORPGs aren't cheap to run, guys. They have to keep the lights on SOMEHOW. I'd rather they do it this way with potentially awesome new content, instead of sticking ugly $40 mounts in the store.
    +1
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying, that the ESO+ players will still get everything - just not the collection edition addons like the bear, horse, gear, etc....

£40.00 for the expansion - after 2 years of ESO Plus Membership.

Edit1: YOU CAN NOT BUY THIS EXPANSION WITH CROWNS!!!! ONLY CASH.

Edit2: Another question @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MattFiror
    You specifically mention, in the ESO+ Purchase page, that I will receive ALL Future DLC Content. How will I be receiving ALL of this future DLC Content, when it's locked behind a paywall being Morrowind. You do not exclude additional content via expansions - so legally - I think you have to provide the Morrowind access from a DLC perspective (Disclaimer - not a lawyer)

Edit3: @ZOS_GinaBruno Has stated there will be an update for ESO+ Subscribers tomorrow. We shall see.

That's it, I'm done. Have fun folks but I'm certainly not paying for this.

Calm down. They are trying something new to give us more new and better content. They have also heard the concerns that fans have voiced about the worth of ESO plus and are rethinking what they can do to make sure it will stay worthwhile. At least wait to find out one how much value will the new chapter give, and two what will they do to make sure ESO plus stays of worth.

If after seeing what they have planned you decide to get mad, then so be it, until then you are blindly raging about what you don't really know about.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zuboko wrote: »
    Am I right in saying, that the ESO+ players will still get everything - just not the collection edition addons like the bear, horse, gear, etc....

You specifically mention, in the ESO+ Purchase page, that I will receive ALL Future DLC Content. How will I be receiving ALL of this future DLC Content, when it's locked behind a paywall being Morrowind. You do not exclude additional content via expansions - so legally - I think you have to provide the Morrowind access from a DLC perspective (Disclaimer - not a lawyer)

Edit3: @ZOS_GinaBruno Has stated there will be an update for ESO+ Subscribers tomorrow. We shall see.

Calm down. They are trying something new to give us more new and better content. They have also heard the concerns that fans have voiced about the worth of ESO plus and are rethinking what they can do to make sure it will stay worthwhile. At least wait to find out one how much value will the new chapter give, and two what will they do to make sure ESO plus stays of worth.

If after seeing what they have planned you decide to get mad, then so be it, until then you are blindly raging about what you don't really know about.

It is the combination of no paid content for a year (housing and OT were free for everyone) and then having to pay for the new content which has got people angry. What have plus users got for about $100 in the 12 month period (as it will be) which they couldn't have got for free since the previous DLC? To find out they have given $100 for nothing and then are expected to pay $50 for new content because the marketing team has found a loophole in the meaning of DLC is an insult.

Is this content larger than normal, yep, however, compare it with an expansion from other MMO's and it is tiny

I guess I might feel a bit different if I had been in the game for much longer than I have.
    But then again I didn't get eso plus for the free content I got it for the crafting bag and the research boost.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on February 28, 2017 6:18PM
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is the combination of no paid content for a year (housing and OT were free for everyone) and then having to pay for the new content which has got people angry. What have plus users got for about $100 in the 12 month period (as it will be) which they couldn't have got for free since the previous DLC? To find out they have given $100 for nothing and then are expected to pay $50 for new content because the marketing team has found a loophole in the meaning of DLC is an insult.

Is this content larger than normal, yep, however, compare it with an expansion from other MMO's and it is tiny

I guess I might feel a bit different if I had been in the game for much longer than I have.
    But then again I didn't get eso plus for the free content I got it for the crafting bag and the research boost.

Oh, I agree that the bag and research (now housing) boosts are good. However, it seems to have gone from them being bonuses on top of subs, to them being the main reason to sub. I'll carry on subbing for the simple logic of cost. A sub would cost me about £75 for the year. 3 DLC this year will probably cost me about £35 -(guessing). I don't own any DLC outright, so to buy them it would be about £42.

Either way I would have to buy the expansion, so given that the cost of the current and future dlc works out to be the same subbing as buying, I'm happy to get the bag, research and housing bonuses for, essentially, nothing.

Still, doesn't stop me being a little annoyed that my sub content has been reduced by 25%

I have planned on owning the all of the DLC outright from the start that way I can stop and start paying for the Plus anytime I want and only lose the craft bag and research boosts.
    Which also leaves me free to stop playing the game if I want and then only have to catch up on the new DLC when I come back.
  • Aliniel
    Aliniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chill, guys. They have a couple of months to decide whether treat us with respect or not. It's their choice and once they make it... be sure to make yours.
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You might feel different if you understood that we sub monthly for access to the quarterly DLC. The original plan for the value of the sub plus some perks (research time and now the bag)

Now with Morrowind and these so called chapters, the marketing and money milking machine of Zenimax is training us that 15 dollars a month is for just the perks.

130 dollars a year because elder scrolls online is as much an inventory management MMO as it is an RPG...
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IF Morrowind is a true expansion, what is everyone upset for?

15 bucks a month gets you some decent perks and keeps the game healthy.

A legit expansion has traditionally always cost real money or is ESO everyone's first MMO? This is honestly the first MMO I have seen anyone think their 15 bucks a month nets them a free expansion.

As long as Morrowind is a true expansion with loads to do and explore - a box cost is legit.

Because its not a true expansion. Only 30% bigger than Wrothgar. Go look at the size of expansions in WoW and then tell me with a straight face what we have in Morrowind is a true expansion.

I love what I see on ESO Live and all the write ups on it. I went out and preordered the physical collectors edition the moment I heard about it. But that doesnt change the fact that I think theyre calling this a Chapter/Expansion for no other reason than to bank on the anniversary and not because what theyre throwing us is a true expansion.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • PlaceboSoul
    PlaceboSoul
    ✭✭✭
    I think the major discrepancy between the two thought camps comes down to what eso+ really is.

If eso+ were a full on subscription, everyone paid, sure fair that everyone pays for the xpac.

The fact is though, many like myself pay that $20 per month, and there are many who don't. Is it fair for the f2p players to get the xpac for the same price as those paying $20 every month?

Also, amongst the eso+ folks, many are like me, I just get eso+ for the craft bag, since it's locked behind the paywall.

It still comes down to the fact there are two classes of player, free players and those that pay monthly. The loyalists paying monthly for eso should at least get some form of discount on the xpac, it's only fair.
    If everyone was in the same boat on a mandatory monthly sub, there'd be no issue. But the fact is, there are many who have already given a lot to ZOS over the years, and having the xpac be priced the same for free players as those that have paid lots already, it's a slap in the face to eso+ subbers. I myself over the years, have put in over $2,000. Is it fair for me to pay the same amount as someone that has paid $0 for eso?

Honestly, it's ZOS's fault for this controversy anyway. This kind of disparity is what you get with a game model that uses in app purchases. There is one community in eso that supports the game for another whole community that plays it free. I think those that have been supporting the game financially should get some reward for dedication and loyalty.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Kagetenchu
    Kagetenchu
    ✭✭✭
    From what i understand in one interview (will update when I find it again) The new class was never going to be available to ESO plus members due to the concern that if you stop subscribing you would lose access to that character. the 30 hours is, according to a ESO live question, the length of the main story. My subscription has paid for the DLC's when I can't find something in the store I liked( now I have all purchased). the 1500 Crowns a month is the cost of ESO plus so you can read it as i pay for x amount of crowns each moth and get all this. what I would of liked is to have seen morrowind in the crown store as an upgrade.
  • PlaceboSoul
    PlaceboSoul
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, even allowing an upgrade with crowns at least lets eso+ members get something for their dedication. Making it cash only, with no discount, basically says, "thanks for all your money in the past eso+ folks, but oh yeah, screw you."

Just how I feel.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bit of discount for ESO+ owners for the Morrowind upgrade would be really nice. I've been in the game since beta and pre-ordered and been loyal supporter ever since so far totaling about 476eur spent on game plus subscriptions. Has the ESO+ always been worth it, no. Still I continue to support and keep helping with the electricity bill with my subscription. Should not be too hard to make some discount for eso+ members purchasing digital upgrade through the site. Most likely something under the price of one month eso+ membership so people do not just subscribe for 1 month to get the discount.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    An ESO Plus membership will not grant you access to The Elder Scroll Online: Morrowind content. As this is an entirely new Chapter of ESO, you'll need to purchase one of the five editions. If you already own ESO, though, you can purchase the Morrowind Upgrade or the Morrowind Collector's Edition Upgrade directly from online stores (The Elder Scrolls Online Store, Steam Store, Xbox Store, or PlayStation Store).

How will that work? So someone with, say, the Gold Edition, can play the game, encounter Wardens, but not have access to Wardens themselves?

Well, I daily meet somebody driving a Porsche or a Ferrari, but I don't have access to one of them.
  • TiberiusTryton
    TiberiusTryton
    ✭✭✭
    Please revise
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glarin wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno If I buy the Collector's Edition upgrade do I still get the statue and journal?

No but you do get lag and crashes at epic levels.
  • dragonsparker
    dragonsparker
    Soul Shriven
    Have any of you ever played MMOs before?
    Do you not recall the days of EverQuest paying 14.99 a month and then paying for expacs as they were released?

Pfff....millenials

If you love the game much, then start supporting its costs.

Expacs should have a cost.

What costs? It's mostly profits. There main cost I suspect is likely Adverts and Promotions for recruiting new players, not pleasing subscribers. I'll bet the CFO knows the number of subscribers is the bottom line when it comes to steady and stable profits. Subscribers not only provide 'a few bucks a month', they provide stability. ZOS need to work towards pleasing current subscribers, and recruiting new ones. If they were smart they'd realize that the best recruiting tool for new subscribers is happy old ones.
  • chris25602
    chris25602
    ✭✭✭
    So I recently got a sub and set it up to expire in 90 days. See if the benefits were worth the expense. The only major incentive for meto renew was the upcoming release of morrowind. Given the choice I will most likely still purchase morrowind but, will not subscribe again until the cost of morrowind is equal to the months of non-subscription. And then I am betting ill end up abandoning the game after finishing the main morrowind questline
  • AManNamedJain
    AManNamedJain
    Soul Shriven
    The only point that should matter in this thread is that ESO+ members get free access to DLC. Yes, other games charge for xpacs, and yes, most ESO+ members mainly use it for the craft bag. But the point of contention here is that ZOS has sold a product to us, and is now saying that the same product is now somehow different. If Morrowind comes with ESO as a literal CORE then how does it not fall under the category of DLC?
    If i had known that i would fall out of eligibility to access *all* future DLC then i would have probably bought the each of the expansions along the way. Now I sitting here, having spent real money on the wrong product, like a stooge.

Generating a Positive Player Experience through the community, with or without ZOS's help.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Morrowind comes with ESO as a literal CORE then how does it not fall under the category of DLC?

To existing players, it just looks like a new DLC area, Vvardenfell. That is a limited view, and accurate only when you limit perception to that.

For better or worse, what ZOS is doing is rolling out a new version of the game. Other than being "downloadable", it really isn't like any DLC we have received. It introduces a new class, and new PVP activity. They completely toss the timeline and make Vivec's problem a precursor to dealing with Molag Bal, including an entirely new tutorial and game entrance.

Yes, they could have split it into two parts, the Vvardenfell DLC and a free base game update, but we got One Tamriel and Homestead for free, and TANSTAAFL still applies. Eventually, someone has to pay. Morrowind is it. It is designed to be an event, not some quarterly update and DLC pack.

I hope that Morrowind is worth the extra expense. We won't know until we see it on PTS, and I can say that I am not just a little nervous. Bethesda, ZOS and ESO, despite the accolades, tend to be more WOW! with the marketing and PR than with the actual game.

In the end, what I hope is that we will stop getting free base game updates instead of content DLC. As much as I like free stuff, I'd rather get new places and quests than a new system. If they can hold off the systems to once per year Chapters and deliver content the rest of the time, I will be happier, even when I have to pay for the Chapter.
    Edited by Elsonso on March 5, 2017 1:10PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • xboxNA corin6
    xboxNA corin6
    ✭✭✭
    Unsubbing because I figured these types of things were included in the sub. Will no longer ever be resubbing.
    I'm a magsorc