Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Morrowind...and ESO+

• Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NovaShadow wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here:

eso-plus.jpg

Notice where it says ALL downloadable content.

(http://gamerlogic.nickchevalier.com/news/elder-scrolls-online-drops-subscription-console-release-date-announced/)

The fact that they've since changed it to crown store only DLC's is simply a technicality to allow them to call future content 'expansions' and exclude them from the crown store so they can charge extra money.

I just don't understand how so many people are caught up in the hype and are overlooking it.

Time to boycott all zenimax products and cancel subs...
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • corrosivechains
    corrosivechains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »

eso-plus.jpg

(http://gamerlogic.nickchevalier.com/news/elder-scrolls-online-drops-subscription-console-release-date-announced/)

The fact that they've since changed it to crown store only DLC's is simply a technicality to allow them to call future content 'expansions' and exclude them from the crown store so they can charge extra money.

I just don't understand how so many people are caught up in the hype and are overlooking it.

I dunno about an all out boycotting, but this paired with Fallout 4's season pass debacle, I wont be making any Day One purchases of any company which falls under the Zenimax umbrella, and will be waiting on sales and Game of the Year/Enhanced editions in the future, more than likely during Steam sales at more than %40 off.
    "Could you post me a link to the official MMO rule book please." - clayandaudrey_ESO
  • moiraleafcull
    moiraleafcull
    ✭✭✭
    Oh...and lets not forget...
    If u stop subbing...you still have access to the mats in your crafting bag, you just cant put new ones in.
    Really? Logged into an old alt account yesterday and all the mats were dumped into characters pack...along with a pleasant little message saying mats now in pack. Zero...and I mean ZERO reason to believe anything published by this company will actually be what I pay for based on what is described in the offer.

Oh if they've changed that then it's a bit sneaky. Must have predicted the cancellations their new approach would lead to and so took action to force people to retain sub. Hmm

Found this on one of my un-subbed accounts.
    Testing on another. But will be 29 days till able to confirm since the renewal just happened.
    @moiraleafcull == 551+ Champion
    Daggerfall Covenant: Moira Leafcull - Temp AR 27 | Fara Nightsky - NB AR 6
    Proud to wear the tabards of Daggerfall Pride and LoM

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eldorhaan wrote: »
    Soafee wrote: »
    mb10 wrote: »
    lmao why do ESO+ members who pay a few bucks a month think they're entitled to the world?

Get in line and pay the $40 for the expansion

Because they promised that any additional DLC would be for free. Now, you can just rename it "expansion" to get away with charging more.

it's not DLC. It's a whole new expansion. New class, player housing, huge map, new stuff, near gear, new everything. It's a whole new chapter.

It's like an advert for empty games, there will be A + B + C and... much more, so you know after C there will be nothing more. Stop selling us emptiness, New class (Just One and supposed to be present from the release https://youtu.be/cWaq6Pc8drM?t=109) Player Housing (No it will be release in February and is part of another DLC), Huge map (You have no clue about that, this is really subjective), new Stuff/Gear (Same term, on each DLC they are present too), new everything (see "and much more" comment")

On housing, they have said there will be additional houses in Morrowind.

On the size of the map, they have said it's the biggest by far that they've done.

Time will tell, but it isn't fair to say people don't have a clue, they have been given some information already on it.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    A valid Point @ZOS_DaryaK

Just out of interest, is there likely to be comments from the powers that be about this "divisive" issue?

They haven't commented so far as I have seen on the criticisms, but the "Welcome to 2017" announcement does explain what they're doing and why, and there is an official thread (see Dev Tracker) explaining that they are actively considering ways of enhancing ESO Plus, asking for suggested improvements, and welcoming the suggestions that have been made thus far.
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

eso-plus.jpg

Fine you do that, please please do that.

Meanwhile.....ZoS the company that never listens and is sooo greedy is doing this But no you hates them you hates them forever precious.

:-/
    Edited by Balamoor on February 4, 2017 5:20PM
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Seems absurd to not give access to people with a sub. If they don't, that would mean 3 straight quarters where the people with subs did not get access to a new paid DLC. That would basically mean that people are just paying for a crafting bag. $15 * 9 months for a crafting bag. $135 in less than a year for a crafting bag.

Yall forgot to mention the 1500 crowns per month you SUB cycle is at the start of each of your sub cycles. :trollface:

But how much are 1500 crowns should you buy them from the crown store?

That being said, even I have to admit, it's being a bit fishy. But as long as they provide craft bag and crowns as usual, I'll happily continue my 6 month sub(wish they'd do 12 month sub cycles). Since GW2 went to *** in a hand basket. There are no other decent MMORPGs on the market but ESO.
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh...and lets not forget...
    If u stop subbing...you still have access to the mats in your crafting bag, you just cant put new ones in.
    Really? Logged into an old alt account yesterday and all the mats were dumped into characters pack...along with a pleasant little message saying mats now in pack. Zero...and I mean ZERO reason to believe anything published by this company will actually be what I pay for based on what is described in the offer.

Oh if they've changed that then it's a bit sneaky. Must have predicted the cancellations their new approach would lead to and so took action to force people to retain sub. Hmm

Found this on one of my un-subbed accounts.
    Testing on another. But will be 29 days till able to confirm since the renewal just happened.

I'm curious if you have filed a customer support ticket to see if ZOS acknowledges this as a bug.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Ethyarion
    Ethyarion
    ✭✭✭
    Balamoor wrote: »

eso-plus.jpg

Meanwhile.....ZoS the company that never listens and is sooo greedy is doing this But no you hates them you hates them forever precious.

You do understand that is almost certainly due to the number of subscriptions cancelled over the last few days?
    [AD] Tariel Lithaldoren 1000+ cp Stamina Nightblade
    [AD] Ethyarion Lithaldoren 1000+ cp Templar Healtank
    [AD] Keridwen Drachenfels 1000+ cp Stamina DK Tank
    [AD] Kerridwen Drachenfels 1000+ cp Stamina DK
    [AD] Drachenfels Wyndrunner 1000+ cp Stamina Warden
    [AD] Drachenfels Shadowstrike 1000+ cp Stamina Sorceror
    [DC] Ethyarion 1000+cp Magika Nightblade
    [EP] Abbra Cadaver 1000+cp Magika Necromancer

PC EU Server
  • Ethyarion
    Ethyarion
    ✭✭✭
    Zimnel wrote: »
    To everyone complaining about paying for the expansion, I have an only question:
    Did Blizzard gave for free any of their expansions just because "people pays every month to play"? No.

Eso has at this time one of the best premium subs, and I've been in some games that ask your blood to be in touch with endgame. Go ask any Skyforge player how much did they pay in order to raid. They would laugh at a 40 dollar complain.

Morrowind won't be a Dlc, they said it's a big expansion. It's not like I'm a Zos fanboy or something, it's the fact the complain seems to me out of place or too big compared with what they ask for it. 40 usd is what you pay for two costumes in other games, for a single costume set in other places, for a "pack" containing rng boxes... C'mon XD

Blizzard (by which you mean WoW) expansions are what I expect the meaning to be. Several zones, new races or classes, a number of dungeons and raids. Morrowind is significantly less content than most of their competitors release in a expansion but costs the same. This seems slightly bigger than Orsinum but is being sold as an expansion. That's what I believe many are annoyed about.

edited :Typos
    Edited by Ethyarion on February 4, 2017 6:06PM

PC EU Server
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ethyarion wrote: »

eso-plus.jpg

You do understand that is almost certainly due to the number of subscriptions cancelled over the last few days?

Without a hard metric you can only guess, it could be preventative it could have been in the plan...who knows.
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

eso-plus.jpg

Doing and saying by ZOS ....mmmmm...and you call me precious? :D
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • hingarthuub17_ESO
    hingarthuub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

eso-plus.jpg

Who knows. DLC (oh, right - expansion) was another $40 on top of my sub, which was ~$180/year. Cancelled my sub. I won't be paying for a subscription nor the DLC/expansion(lol). It wasn't about the money, it was the about the perceived value I was getting for my money.
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

eso-plus.jpg

and you call me precious? :D

Try this book you might like it

• Ethyarion
    Ethyarion
    ✭✭✭

eso-plus.jpg

Without a hard metric you can only guess, it could be preventative it could have been in the plan...who knows.

The announcement was January 30th (Monday). The thread you linked was February 3rd (Friday). If this was pre-planned it would almost certainly have gone live with the changes to ESO+ that were unannounced.

They will have metrics monitoring subscriptions which they obviously will not share. I don't think you need to be a detective to have a fairly safe assumption that this was prompted by reaction and cancellation of subscriptions.
    Edited by Ethyarion on February 4, 2017 6:14PM

PC EU Server
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone complains, we just got One Tamriel for free, housing is coming on Monday... For free. These are man/woman hours of work providing the last two content updates for not a dime, then 9 months go by (and I'm not saying they haven't made money, I mean, Crown Crates, regular Crown Store stuff and ESO Plus) but they have decided to capitalize on a new plan.

So now, every year we can expect the Q1 Chapter: A large content update (30 plus hours of forwarding the storyline) system changes/classes/etc. followed by dungeons and smaller dlc's in the final quarter.

So what?

Cry about it! Knash you teeth, wrent your clothes. It wont make a difference. Crown Crates have proved that.

So you have two choices.

Quit.

Or play.

Your call.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • bearclawmcbainb16_ESO

eso-plus.jpg

This^^
  • hingarthuub17_ESO
    hingarthuub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    +1 copy/paste. You get a gold star.
    Edited by hingarthuub17_ESO on February 4, 2017 9:18PM
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

eso-plus.jpg

The announcement was January 30th (Monday). The thread you linked was February 3rd (Friday). If this was pre-planned it would almost certainly have gone live with the changes to ESO+ that were unannounced.

They will have metrics monitoring subscriptions which they obviously will not share. I don't think you need to be a detective to have a fairly safe assumption that this was prompted by reaction and cancellation of subscriptions.

You know....some people jump on which they think is fairly obvious and their assumptions are dead wrong, still we're never going to get empirical proof and I don't want to be one of those forum posters that has a solid belief about everything and 98% of it is wrong.

Bottom line I personally am glad they are doing it and I hope it makes some players happy

On the other hand I find it a little bit sad that no matter what these guys do, they are the devil in some folks eyes and that some folks believe the reasons behind their actions are always nefarious and self serving. I honestly think that if some on these forums had a chance to sit down and talk with these guys like I did at Quakecon, they would come away with a different opinion, but even then experiences would vary.

Anyway more stuff coming for plus members is good and I honestly I haven't heard a single complaint in ESO that I haven't heard in every other MMO I played.
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've removed a couple of posts that were construed as spam. There is no need to post our Terms of Service here. Anyone who is interested in reviewing them can find the full text here.
    There are also links to the Terms of Service, Code of Conduct, EULA and our Privacy Policy at the bottom of the forum page. For when you need something to read, say, on the commode.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Eldorhaan
    Eldorhaan
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    lmao why do ESO+ members who pay a few bucks a month think they're entitled to the world?

Because they promised that any additional DLC would be for free. Now, you can just rename it "expansion" to get away with charging more.

it's not DLC. It's a whole new expansion. New class, player housing, huge map, new stuff, near gear, new everything. It's a whole new chapter.

It's like an advert for empty games, there will be A + B + C and... much more, so you know after C there will be nothing more. Stop selling us emptiness, New class (Just One and supposed to be present from the release https://youtu.be/cWaq6Pc8drM?t=109) Player Housing (No it will be release in February and is part of another DLC), Huge map (You have no clue about that, this is really subjective), new Stuff/Gear (Same term, on each DLC they are present too), new everything (see "and much more" comment")

On the size of the map, they have said it's the biggest by far that they've done.

Time will tell, but it isn't fair to say people don't have a clue, they have been given some information already on it.

As they said with ESO+ you will get all future content for free so let us doubt about it, we are here from the release and they have not change their behavior. Most of the content is just copy and paste, like the mount or pet in the crownstore, it's just the color that change, or all the little dungeons on the maps, that are just clones among them.

Also for people who said that Zos is giving content for free, make a quick calculation, I guess before the announcement of Morrowind we can counted at least 100k subcribers times 180$ = 18 000 000 $ per year, without purchase in the crow store. This is not for free...

Also just for the record, this is why we just get mad with this news, because we spend a lot of money to support the game from the beginning, it is easy for those who just arrived to criticize players active since the release... Like on my screeshot, just *** me I just stop to support, because now this is too much.
    ScreenClip.png?resizeSmall&width=832

Edited by Eldorhaan on February 5, 2017 2:50AM
  • MidknightWolf
    MidknightWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    As an ESO plus subscriber I am happy to pay for Morrowind. Even WOW players have to pay a fortune for each of their expansions which are nothing more than the DLC Zenimax gives us.
  • LjAnimalchin
    LjAnimalchin
    ✭✭✭
    I love eso. I love zenimax for making this game.
    Subbed since day one.
    Even for me this is too much.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

eso-plus.jpg

66063398.jpg
  • Avezack
    Avezack
    ✭✭

eso-plus.jpg

1+
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    There are also links to the Terms of Service, Code of Conduct, EULA and our Privacy Policy at the bottom of the forum page. For when you need something to read, say, on the commode.

The ToS, CoC, EULA, and Privacy Policy are, uh, such gripping thrillers, filled with excitement, that there is a risk of serious circulation problems in the lower extremities. On top of that, drooling, snoring, and falling off the commode are potential problems that everyone should be aware of. Please, for your own safety, consider the "Help, I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up" panic pendant. The better thing to do, if you do read these on the, uh, commode, is to have a friend or family member in the room with you at all times. Be safe, people.
    Also just for the record, this is why we just get mad with this news, because we spend a lot of money to support the game from the beginning, it is easy for those who just arrived to criticize players active since the release...

As someone who has been around for a while, and has gone through both Bethesda and ZOS changes in direction, on more than one occasion, I can say that they do change their direction, and rather frequently. While I would not go as far as to say they are rudderless, I will say that, over time, the destination that they want to go to changes. With the introduction of Chapters, they are setting a new course.

This will not be the last time they do this.

I am a long time financial supporter of the game, one with a rather checkered past of public support for the Studo. It is not so important to me where they have been, and what they said. It is more important whether the change in direction is better, or worse, than where they used to be heading. It is not always an easy answer, since each change in direction tends to come with both good and bad. Annoyingly so.

Chapters cost real money, not Crowns, and ESO Plus does not get them for free. While that can be considered "bad", the flip side it means that we can now consider the idea of a major content update once per year. With the quarterly updates, we never had that. Is that worth not having Chapters covered by ESO Plus? I can only answer that for myself. I would much rather have a firm idea that the game will have a major content update, even if I have to pay for it, than continue to have some unspecified number, and size, of DLC covered by ESO Plus. The net, for me, is that Chapters Plan is better than what we had.

How long will they do big Chapters? One? Two? Never? No one can predict the future, and we don't even know the size and scope of Vvardenfell, other than "big". We really won't know until they finally decide we can learn more about what is on Vvardenfell.

It definitely looks like this will be big. Perhaps not in the "World of Warcraft Expansion" sense of the word, but in the Bethesda Softworks "paid content" sense of the word. Yes, I pre-purchased the Morrowind Edition. I want to go there. I can't go there unless I pay a price. Not a real heady decision.

But, at the same time, ESO Plus is not as attractive, anymore. The Chapter Plan with a tight ESO Plus benefit would make this more attractive. What I see is that the Chapter Plan replaces the ESO Plus Plan, not compliments it. They won't get rid of ESO Plus, mainly because there is still some benefit to it, but it is a holdover from the old system.

I am somewhat sad about ESO Plus, as it is my preferred way to pay for the game. I think I will be fine with switching to the Chapter Plan and spending my money on Chapters and Crowns instead of ESO Plus. We will see what comes of this Ideas for ESO Plus, and whether it comes in time to influence my decision.

Typos

Edited by Elsonso on February 5, 2017 3:28PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • moiraleafcull
    moiraleafcull
    ✭✭✭
    For those who defend this by telling me what I "got for free"...no...its what you get/got for free.
    I have been subbing (at one point 3 separate accounts) since the day 1, so I have paid for every bit of content...and expect a certain quality (lacking over the past 6 months) and quantity (4 DLCs and no...housing should not be construed as a DLC...content is a DLC) for the money spent.
    @moiraleafcull == 551+ Champion
    Daggerfall Covenant: Moira Leafcull - Temp AR 27 | Fara Nightsky - NB AR 6
    Proud to wear the tabards of Daggerfall Pride and LoM

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

As they said with ESO+ you will get all future content for free so let us doubt about it, we are here from the release and they have not change their behavior. Most of the content is just copy and paste, like the mount or pet in the crownstore, it's just the color that change, or all the little dungeons on the maps, that are just clones among them.

Also for people who said that Zos is giving content for free, make a quick calculation, I guess before the announcement of Morrowind we can counted at least 100k subcribers times 180$ = 18 000 000 $ per year, without purchase in the crow store. This is not for free...

Also just for the record, this is why we just get mad with this news, because we spend a lot of money to support the game from the beginning, it is easy for those who just arrived to criticize players active since the release... Like on my screeshot, just *** me I just stop to support, because now this is too much.
    ScreenClip.png?resizeSmall&width=832

For the record, I don't have a major problem with what they're doing and I'm an active player since PC launch with two accounts. It isn't a case of those who've newly arrived criticising players who've been active since the release, far from it. People have different views, that's all.
    Edited by Tandor on February 5, 2017 4:30PM
  • Zimnel
    Zimnel
    ✭✭✭
    To everyone complaining about paying for the expansion, I have an only question:
    Did Blizzard gave for free any of their expansions just because "people pays every month to play"? No.

Eso has at this time one of the best premium subs, and I've been in some games that ask your blood to be in touch with endgame. Go ask any Skyforge player how much did they pay in order to raid. They would laugh at a 40 dollar complain.

Morrowind won't be a Dlc, they said it's a big expansion. It's not like I'm a Zos fanboy or something, it's the fact the complain seems to me out of place or too big compared with what they ask for it. 40 usd is what you pay for two costumes in other games, for a single costume set in other places, for a "pack" containing rng boxes... C'mon XD

Blizzard (by which you mean WoW) expansions are what I expect the meaning to be. Several zones, new races or classes, a number of dungeons and raids. Morrowind is significantly less content than most of their competitors release in a expansion but costs the same. This seems slightly bigger than Orsinum but is being sold as an expansion. That's what I believe many are annoyed about.

edited :Typos

At this stage, no one knows how big will be, but if they sell it as an expansion, it must be :)
    It's not like I believe in them blindly or anything, they said in the announcement we'll have several maps, and they're adding a new playable class, just like WoW expansions usually work. They also announced new trials, that is raid content, and the itemization will grow a lot because of all the new additions. So, an expansion.
    Edited by Zimnel on February 5, 2017 4:31PM
  • Zimnel
    Zimnel
    ✭✭✭

This makes me laugh each time, but sorry with WOW it was stated at the beginning, all players knows what was involve in it and will have to pay a sub and pay every expansion. It's not the same with ESO+ sub and at the beginning it was not presented as there will be chapter and DLC, it was ALL future content.

This is not the same marketting approach and not comparable.

Why not? An expansion is an expansion, and Blizz is only an example. No company gives you free content. You can laugh at that as much as you want XD ESO isn't by far an expensive game to play compared to others.
    As for what they said at the beginning, I never took that for granted. They can say it, but it's very difficult keeping the word in something like that and not loosing money in the process.
    Edited by Zimnel on February 5, 2017 4:39PM