The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Feedback Thread for Master Crafting Writs

• xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is going to happen is that if these test dummies can be sold, the 1% whales we be the ones making and selling them and they are going to cost a fortune.

Also again I will caution so that when it hits I can say over and over again that I (and many of us) warned about this hitting the market. This will cause problems with gold upgrades. It's going to destroy that market by skyrocketing prices. Anyone with the most basic understanding of supply and demand can see that one coming. And this also means that even those with extra cash to spend on this will have to spend more. It will move this to a truly 1% item.

My bet is we see all of this in the store and not for a reasonable price.
    Edited by xXSilverDragonXx on January 5, 2017 8:02PM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BigBragg wrote: »
    Question: will the crown store exclusive motifs be part of the equation for these master writs?

Clearly stated in patch notes that crown store exclusives are not part of the equation to get master writs.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No Master writs from all 6 writs on crafter maxed in all, 9 traits, all but two recent motifs, 17k+ achievement points. It will be hard to evaluate master writs if I can only do writs daily on PTS and chance to get master writs is low. I would only do legendary master writs if there is no RNG to the reward.
    Edited by Ourorboros on January 6, 2017 4:45AM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    BigBragg wrote: »
    Question: will the crown store exclusive motifs be part of the equation for these master writs?

Clearly stated in patch notes that crown store exclusives are not part of the equation to get master writs.

Sorry, I must have missed that when going through the notes. Probably because it wasn't covered in the section that talked about master writs. Thanks for the answer.
    NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES

Master Crafting Writs
    Maximum-tier Writ reward boxes for all tradeskills now have a chance to provide a special invitation to craft a very specific item or set of items.
    • These invitations may require any materials or knowledge associated with the tradeskill, even if you don’t yet possess it.
    • These invitations are tradeable, consumable, and indicate the number of Writ Vouchers awarded upon successful completion of the contract.
    • The frequency of Master Writ invites from standard Writ boxes is based on the overall associated tradeskill mastery possessed by the character.
      • This includes research, Motif knowledge, and achievement completion.
    • Writ Vouchers are a new form of currency awarded exclusively through the completion of Master Writs.
      • Writ Vouchers may be redeemed through purchases from Rolis Hlaalu, the Mastercraft Mediator, who also accepts Master Writ deliveries at Writ turn in locations in each of the alliance capitals.
      • More difficult, rare, and expensive crafted items provide more Writ Vouchers on average than their more commonplace counterparts.
      • Currently, you can obtain the following items from Rolis Hlaalu in exchange for Writ Vouchers:
        • Style Items, individual Motif chapters, or the complete book for the Ebony Motif
        • Two Legendary Furnishing plans per tradeskill
        • The recipe and unique component for the Target Skeleton Furnishing
        • The recipe and unique component for Aetherial Ambrosia
        • Crafting station Furnishings for each tradeskill, and a dye station Furnishing
        • Attunable crafting stations for Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking tradeskills, which can be used near crafted item set sites to transform them into Furnishing versions of those set stations
    Edited by BigBragg on January 5, 2017 8:43PM
  • kvlou79
    kvlou79
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    cellobuddy wrote: »

While I do enjoy the concept of having a home and styling it immensely, the system as provided here is just too time consuming for my taste.

This^. I mean, ZOS, ask yourself just 1 question... Is it fun? I understand MMO's have grind. But is this fun? Doesn't sound like it. Never ending gold sink, time sink, and materials sink. The reward doesn't match the commitment. Not fun.
  • bugmom
    bugmom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love the idea of master writs but not the execution. Material requirements are way too high. I would never use my precious few gold mats on writs when I can hardly get enough to gear up for PvP. Drop rate is way too low for gold mats and also for master writs. I got one so far. You can only do one regular writ per day of each craft so if you don't get a master one you get to try again tomorrow. RNG does not work for this stuff unless you are lucky enough to be at the good end of the bell curve, for the rest of us it sucks.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did all six daily writs, and only got one Master Writ in my rewards. One out of six is not a bad drop hope it is that rate or better.

Does anyone know if you can have more than one Master Writ at a time?

The Master Writ was to make: One Epic (purple) level Willow's Path, infused Battleaxe, with the Soul Shriven motif.
    The Epic level surprised me since everyone is saying that the Master Writs required the making of Gold level items.

Like everyone else my reward for making his was 1 voucher, everything at the merchant was 1 voucher.

Based on the achievement furnishing sellers where a purple banner was 20K (yep 20,000 gold for a banner), I am speculating that the cost on live will be several vouchers for most items and possibly a hundred or more for others.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • ReesesKryss
    ReesesKryss
    Soul Shriven
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't ask for a legendary item. This is costly!! I also do have a problem with crafting items with a certain trait or motif style, as well making food with a recipe that I don't have. I beg of you please make some changes to this :neutral:
    Thre Reeses Pieces t(owo(t
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to add my voice in with the others and say requiring legendary materials to do the master writs makes it so that I'm now not wanting to do them at all. I can live without the items the master craftsman writ vendor sells if I have to give up gold mats to get them. It's a very cool system, but needs to take a step down to just requiring epic mats imho.
    Edited by TerraDewBerry on January 5, 2017 11:25PM
  • praxis
    praxis
    ✭✭✭
    20K + achievement points, 6 maxed crafts, all motifs except the 4 releasing with this patch, all traits, all recipes known (except mythic ambrosia which might as well not exist it's so rare), all enchantments known, all reagents known for alchemy and poisons.

18 writs. 0 master writs.

Yayy more RNG and another grind for no reward. Is this supposed to be fun? Am I having fun? Why does this game not feel like fun anymore?
    Edited by praxis on January 6, 2017 2:24AM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ilsabet Thank you!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the Master Provisioning writs look at (to paraphrase) one's collection of gold and purple recipes as "dedication to the craft" - well that is pretty much RNG.v I've been playing since console launch and I've found a grand total of 16 purple recipes out of 62 (excluding holiday/DLC), or about 25%. Refine stacks of raw ore, cloth and wood and you'll eventually get a few gold tempers. The purple recipes are only found through looting, not through actual provisioning - I don't get any similar 'temper' from making 200 serves of food, do I?

Nor am I going to go trawling through 20+ guild traders looking for a particular recipe I don't have, especially when on console it won't even save our search parameters yet - AND they cost ridiculous amounts of gold.

As for gold tempers in the equipment writs, they're currently 20k+ on PS4 EU. If I can't afford to upgrade even two of my four max level alts' gear to legendary, I'm not going to use a single one for these. Just. No.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • arvilla
    arvilla
    ✭✭✭
    10 more max writs i got 2 master writs, one ask me to do a epic bow in argonian style and in nmg set, the other was a provisioning writ, ask me to do 8 orzoga blue stamina drink and 8 epic lusty argonian maid mazte.
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    Adding more stuff into writs aka material dumps is not a way to make crafting more rewarding. I think this whole thing is a bad idea because its based on writs. I know its probably way to late to change it that much but since its based on writs i cant really come up with any constructive feed back besides dont make the master writs requests drop from writs. Idk where else you would put them but stacking rng on rng on rng is really not quality content.

P.s. Adding motifs to the rng is not cool.
    Edited by AtraisMachina on January 6, 2017 3:51AM
  • arvilla
    arvilla
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing what it costs me to make a master writ that asks me for a legendary heavy armor piece that gives me 21 vouchers and one that asks me to do an epic piece that gives me 2 vouchers, it is not worth doing the legendary.

Legendary master writ (almost 90k only in golden mats)
    Epic master writ (At most 2k counting all the materials)
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Console player here.

I don't see myself doing these master writs all but once to get the test dummy. Don't make us upgrade stuff to gold :(
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the Master Provisioning writs look at (to paraphrase) one's collection of gold and purple recipes as "dedication to the craft" - well that is pretty much RNG.v I've been playing since console launch and I've found a grand total of 16 purple recipes out of 62 (excluding holiday/DLC), or about 25%. Refine stacks of raw ore, cloth and wood and you'll eventually get a few gold tempers. The purple recipes are only found through looting, not through actual provisioning - I don't get any similar 'temper' from making 200 serves of food, do I?

Nor am I going to go trawling through 20+ guild traders looking for a particular recipe I don't have, especially when on console it won't even save our search parameters yet - AND they cost ridiculous amounts of gold.

As for gold tempers in the equipment writs, they're currently 20k+ on PS4 EU. If I can't afford to upgrade even two of my four max level alts' gear to legendary, I'm not going to use a single one for these. Just. No.

I think this is an interesting point. Motif knowledge is more a measure of how much gold you have than how dedicated you are to your craft. I've been doing Craglorn dailies since the Yokudan motif released, and am only about halfway done getting all 14 pages. Yet somebody who has enough gold and can buy the new motifs with his or her pocket change can learn the motif without even setting foot in Craglorn.
    There are different approaches to be a dedicated crafter in ESO, and I feel the current measurement mainly rewards rich people, subsequently making them even richer.

Just one more thing I want to note: I sincerely hope that the calculation is at least intelligent enough not to, for example, consider armor motif knowledge for woodworking - because as far as I know, there aren't any wooden helmets. Not knowing these motifs doesn't mean I'm not a dedicated woodworker, it means I don't waste valuable motifs that my clothier and blacksmith friends could use.

A lot of this splitting of crafting professions on different characters originated when groups of players would share the task of crafting their gear, so one would focus on woodworking, one on enchanting, and so on. This minimized the resources and the necessary research time. Considering all motif knowledge for the master writ droprate would discourage this group dynamic and favor lone wolf solo players.
    If that's what you want to do, that's fine, just know that it does.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vouchers don't seem to be account wide. They show up in currency but only for that character and they aren't bankable. It seems like they should be a currency for all your characters. So if you gain them on multiple characters you can pool them to buy an item you want.
  • makeumrage
    makeumrage
    ✭✭✭
    No reason you should have to make gold items. Make tol requirement purple. Also whats with the grindy rng? Its just to mcuh. I know you THINK your giving the players something to work towards and that takes time but honestly the remedial tasks over and over just drive most of us to not wanna do them at all.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From another thread:
    Tradeskill mastery (which determines your odds of receiving a master writ from a top tier writ reward box) is meant to imply a long-term dedication to the craft. This varies from tradeskill to tradeskill.

For Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking, this means motif knowledge and overall completion of trait research. This does not include Crown-exclusive motifs or motifs for the 9 base player races. It focuses on motifs that take some effort to learn – like Xivkyn, or Minotaur, or Celestial.
    For Provisioning, this is instead your collection of known purple and gold recipes as they are a strong overall representation of dedication to craft.
    With Enchanting, we instead look at the total overall rune word translations you’ve completed on that character.
    And with Alchemy, we look at how many reagents from which you’ve completely learned all effects.

Over time, the contributing factors for this may expand as the associated tradeskill mechanics do.
    I question whether Motif knowledge should be a factor affecting the drop rate of Master Crafting invitations from equipment writs.

IMO the acquisition of Motif pages is more of an indication of dedication to particular types of adventuring rather than any particular dedication to equipment crafting, that is apart from the Glass motif.

My main crafter, who gets first pick of all the Motif pages I acquire in the game, has for example:
    Glass Style 14/14
    Xivkyn Style 0/14
    Minotaur Style 2/14
    Celestial Style 0/14

This shows my dedication to doing craft writs, and acquiring Glass style motif fragments. It also shows that I have not done any of the adventuring activities that drop Xivkyn and Celestial pages, and that I did nearly all of my questing in the Gold Coast before Minotaur motif pages became a quest reward.

I do not buy motif pages from the crown store, and very rarely from guild traders. I am dedicated to enjoying the fruits of my own labours, whether it be adventuring or crafting.

Using Motif knowledge also introduces a pay-to-win element into the equation. I may be wrong, but I think I remember some, if not all, of the three motifs given as examples of those requiring "some effort to learn” being on sale in the crown store when they were first introduced to the game. Minotaur style is obtained from the DB DLC, meaning people who have not paid $$$ to have access to that DLC would be at a disadvantage when it comes to dropping Master Crafting writ invitations.

Furthermore, Motifs have been becoming increasingly irrelevant in the game recently. I’m sure many players have lost any motivation to acquire complete Motifs in the past few months. They’re no longer of much use. For example, nine out of my own ten characters currently use an ill-matched mix of dropped and crafted sets concealed beneath costumes. I sure most people are the same now. The only character I have equipped in one single Motif style is my main crafter, and that’s because it’s just for show. He never does anything but crafting (assiduously, just about every day, for the past 18 months or more).
    I am inclined to agree with this. Up until now, motifs have been solely cosmetic. Giving them a practical application defeats that purpose. Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking should be based on research, nothing more.

Also, I agree that there should be no Legendary item requirements. It's too costly for the return.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    From another thread:
    Tradeskill mastery (which determines your odds of receiving a master writ from a top tier writ reward box) is meant to imply a long-term dedication to the craft. This varies from tradeskill to tradeskill.

For Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking, this means motif knowledge and overall completion of trait research. This does not include Crown-exclusive motifs or motifs for the 9 base player races. It focuses on motifs that take some effort to learn – like Xivkyn, or Minotaur, or Celestial.
    For Provisioning, this is instead your collection of known purple and gold recipes as they are a strong overall representation of dedication to craft.
    With Enchanting, we instead look at the total overall rune word translations you’ve completed on that character.
    And with Alchemy, we look at how many reagents from which you’ve completely learned all effects.

Over time, the contributing factors for this may expand as the associated tradeskill mechanics do.
    I question whether Motif knowledge should be a factor affecting the drop rate of Master Crafting invitations from equipment writs.

IMO the acquisition of Motif pages is more of an indication of dedication to particular types of adventuring rather than any particular dedication to equipment crafting, that is apart from the Glass motif.

My main crafter, who gets first pick of all the Motif pages I acquire in the game, has for example:
    Glass Style 14/14
    Xivkyn Style 0/14
    Minotaur Style 2/14
    Celestial Style 0/14

This shows my dedication to doing craft writs, and acquiring Glass style motif fragments. It also shows that I have not done any of the adventuring activities that drop Xivkyn and Celestial pages, and that I did nearly all of my questing in the Gold Coast before Minotaur motif pages became a quest reward.

I do not buy motif pages from the crown store, and very rarely from guild traders. I am dedicated to enjoying the fruits of my own labours, whether it be adventuring or crafting.

Using Motif knowledge also introduces a pay-to-win element into the equation. I may be wrong, but I think I remember some, if not all, of the three motifs given as examples of those requiring "some effort to learn” being on sale in the crown store when they were first introduced to the game. Minotaur style is obtained from the DB DLC, meaning people who have not paid $$$ to have access to that DLC would be at a disadvantage when it comes to dropping Master Crafting writ invitations.

Furthermore, Motifs have been becoming increasingly irrelevant in the game recently. I’m sure many players have lost any motivation to acquire complete Motifs in the past few months. They’re no longer of much use. For example, nine out of my own ten characters currently use an ill-matched mix of dropped and crafted sets concealed beneath costumes. I sure most people are the same now. The only character I have equipped in one single Motif style is my main crafter, and that’s because it’s just for show. He never does anything but crafting (assiduously, just about every day, for the past 18 months or more).
    I am inclined to agree with this. Up until now, motifs have been solely cosmetic. Giving them a practical application defeats that purpose. Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking should be based on research, nothing more.

Also, I agree that there should be no Legendary item requirements. It's too costly for the return.

I am inclined to disagree. "commitment to your craft" is more than simply trait research. Grinding the RNG for mitfs shows commitment, spending thousands and thousands of gold on motif pages is commitment. And in the end, if my character can make you a TBS set in 20 different styles, that means I'm a better crafter than one who can only make it in Breton. Cosmetic or no cosmetic.

And let's be honest, most motifs are sold today for a pittance, except the most recent ones. Meaning without spending too much gold or time, you'll probably end jup with 85 % of all motifs learned, as well as having researched your craft. Thus your chances for getting the master writs will be minuscly smaller than someone who has learned 100 % motifs.

This also makes much more sense seeing as in order to actually be able to complete these master writs, you need to be able to craft them in various motifs again. Thus, one way or another you actually have to spend time and effort retrieving motifs now - how can that even be a bad thing? Everyone was complaining that motifs were worthless, now they at least have some worth. Enjoy.
    Edited by Carbonised on January 6, 2017 10:55AM
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't checked this on PTS yet, but do you have to craft the item yourself?! Or can you get somebody with the style knowledge craft an item for you?!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    From another thread:

Glass Style 14/14
    Xivkyn Style 0/14
    Minotaur Style 2/14
    Celestial Style 0/14

I am inclined to disagree. "commitment to your craft" is more than simply trait research. Grinding the RNG for mitfs shows commitment, spending thousands and thousands of gold on motif pages is commitment. And in the end, if my character can make you a TBS set in 20 different styles, that means I'm a better crafter than one who can only make it in Breton. Cosmetic or no cosmetic.

And let's be honest, most motifs are sold today for a pittance, except the most recent ones. Meaning without spending too much gold or time, you'll probably end jup with 85 % of all motifs learned, as well as having researched your craft. Thus your chances for getting the master writs will be minuscly smaller than someone who has learned 100 % motifs.

This also makes much more sense seeing as in order to actually be able to complete these master writs, you need to be able to craft them in various motifs again. Thus, one way or another you actually have to spend time and effort retrieving motifs now - how can that even be a bad thing? Everyone was complaining that motifs were worthless, now they at least have some worth. Enjoy.
    If they were only sourced in-game, I would agree. But you can buy motifs on the Crown Store, and that hasn't been a major issue since they have only been cosmetic (per the purpose of the Crown Store). If they start having a meaningful function in gameplay, outside cosmetics, that means it's an advantage you can buy.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Wizzo91
    Wizzo91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before but here is my problem I have with the system.

I do daily writs on 4 characters, but only have one master crafter for research and motifs. The chance to get a master writ is influenced by these factors.

We have many account wide things like dyes, titles, costumes, etc. I think it is time, that motifs and researched traits also become account wide. They are a major time sink.

This would increase the drop chance of master writs and also give you the possibility to delete your current master crafter if you want to free up a slot.

[EU]

Wizzo - Stamina DK - 50 - DC
    Wizzox - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Vilest Wizz - Magicka Sorc - 50 - DC
    Wiser Wizz - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Wizzo X - Magicka NB - 50 - AD
    In Rainbows - Stam Sorc - 50 - AD
    Fake Plastic Tree - Stamplar - 50 - EP

6XX CP

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Making a poison vulnerability, ravage magica, ravage stamina IX failed. I am pretty sure i made correct potion but quest didn't advance. Also, the quantity should be 16 or 32, not 20.
    - All writs say at Rolis: "I've finished the job.". They should repeat which job it is.
    - All master writs return 1 voucher. The quests don't tell how many vouhers they return. is this feature still missing:
    More difficult, rare, and expensive crafted items provide more Writ Vouchers on average than their more commonplace counterparts.
    - I could imagine doing two simple foods gives one voucher but epic gear maybe ten and legendary gear about forty vouchers. Otherwise i'll simply abandon the legendary quests. Making Orzorga's Bear haunch with two perfect Roes should give hefty amount of vouchers to ever bother doing them.
    - Template character that learned all crafting has not received any invitation from 12 writs. Is this feature still missing?
    Edited by helediron on January 6, 2017 12:44PM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asking for Lgendary is really a bad idea, condidering the costs (alloys are going for 22k+ on Consoles). But what is worrying me is the insistence on all styles. This will really hurt new players that haven't spent the last 2 years collecting every new style page. And no, you can't buy them for cheap in guild stores because virtually nobody ever bothers anymore offering them.
    While I understand the idea offering master craftsman doing something worthwhile the execution is flawed.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asking for Lgendary is really a bad idea, condidering the costs (alloys are going for 22k+ on Consoles). But what is worrying me is the insistence on all styles. This will really hurt new players that haven't spent the last 2 years collecting every new style page. And no, you can't buy them for cheap in guild stores because virtually nobody ever bothers anymore offering them.
    While I understand the idea offering master craftsman doing something worthwhile the execution is flawed.

They're called "master crafter writs". Just sayin. Not "apprentice crafter writs".

Endgame farmers and crafters have needed something to do for a long, long time - something other than your easy to do daily craft quests. This is a good thing, and it really boggles me that some people are so negative about it. Is it just plain envy? "I can't make these, so no one should!". I mean, about 1 % of the player base will ever finish Vet Maw trial, do you see everyone go about moaning and complaining about that too?

I think most people here failed to realize that these master crafter writs aren't supposed to be doable for each and every player or character in the game. Think of it like vMA and vMoL for crafters and collectors.

@Enodoc , mate, I'm sorry but your argument doesn't make sense. There's plenty of advantage that can be bought in the Crown Store already. Bag space, bank space, mount upgrades, assistants. Those aren't cosmetics, those are advantages.
    The crucial point is whether those bought advantages are better than what you can get in the game the real way, and they aren't. And these motifs aren't either. You can buy them in the store - or buy/find them in the game.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the nod to dedicated crafters. I have 9 traits, all recipes and most motif pages, so I'm the person they are aimed at. But zero chance of me doing anything with tempering alloys.
  • The_Legendary_Arya
    Using gold mats, Hakejoos, Roe etc is perfectly fine, aslong the thingies we get for doing that are balanced to it.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind having to use these expensive mats - on the condition that the rewards are truly worthy - AND a slight bump up in droprate of gold tempers, kutas, roes and slightly cheaper Hakeijo.
    A slight raise in droprate for these mats would actually be healthy for server economy, as well as providing a more comfortable feeling when you're dumping them into this material sink.