Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Feedback Thread for Master Crafting Writs

• C4Bliss
    C4Bliss
    ✭✭✭
    9 master writs from 62 hand-ins

What is Bandit style? Certainly not something my master crafter had who is only lacking Yokudan and crown store purchased styles...

It will be near impossible to complete master writs when the quests require styles you don't have...

Might be outlaw?
  • Grileenor
    Grileenor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Grileenor wrote: »
    Also, writs are sellable, meaning of all those many thousands that do basic writs, how many will actually have the skill and motivation to do their master writs? A fraction. Thus, all those people picking up writs that don't have any interest in doing them, or lacking the skill, will sell them on to those who can. Please remember that when you moan about the low droprate.
    Hm... not acceptable. You shouldn't depend on other people perhaps selling their stuff, when you want to do master writs. Two out of 54 is way to low. When housing hits live, loads of people will want to craft furniture, to outfit their home and especially build/place workbenches. With your way of thinking master writs will become the most hated feature of the game easily. Btw, alchemy, cooking an enchantment have quite low requirements. They only offer low amounts of vouchers, but everyone can do them. Those with strange motifs and golden hardeners won't be popular anyway.

"You shouldn't depend on other people perhaps selling their stuff, when you want to do master writs." - Says who? Says you.
    Exactly. And I don't care if you like it or not. What the devs intend to do and what people make of it are totally different things. They offer us a system to test and hope for feedback. This is exactly what I am doing here. Writs are too rare and should not be done with golden stuff.

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    If they were only sourced in-game, I would agree. But you can buy motifs on the Crown Store, and that hasn't been a major issue since they have only been cosmetic (per the purpose of the Crown Store). If they start having a meaningful function in gameplay, outside cosmetics, that means it's an advantage you can buy.

Motifs should not count. I agree with this because part of this means that if you buy in the store you are rewarded with this system. Sketchy at best. If you play in the game and try to hunt them down, get them through gaming, through trials, etc then you may never get a full set because of the drop system and for some of them the price.

I don't buy in store. I seek some out and I game farm others. That is shown in my motifs:

Thieves 2/14; dwemer 12/14; DC 4/14; AD 2/14; merc 14/14; celestial 7/14; xivkyn 7/14; assassins 7/14; outlaw 5/14
    event full hollow/skinchanger
    DB, order, trinimac, malcath, EP, Dro'm, Abah's, Ancient Orc, Minotaur, Yokudan, Akaviri, Draugr 0/14

My research however is:

LIGHT -- chest, boots, hood done; arm 1 in progress, 1 to go; legs, epaulests final in progress; sash 1 left

MEDIUM -- Chest, boots 2 left; arm 1 left; helm, shoulders, waist 3 left; pants done

HEAVY -- chest, pauldrons, gauntlets done; boots, helm, waist final in progress; leg 1 left

Wood all but bow done, bow on last in progress

heavy weapons heavy 4 axes, 2 mace, 6 sword, 5 dagger, 2 battleaxes

I am quite far along on all my research and not really a slacker on motifs, but I don't really farm them nor do I buy them with crowns. I've been crafting in this game since early on. If I don't qualify as a master crafter then I guess you have to be 'complete' on all things to qualify. At this point I am ready to say if they don't adjust this from the legendary and fix horrible drop master writs then I'm done with this game. It shows exactly where their heart is, in their wallet. I get that they are in the business to make money, but as of late they have crossed the line from gaming to gambling. Here we are with that again. Don't like it. Don't need it. Don't want it. And I won't be the only one to be done either.

You are not considered a master crafter just because u spent a lot of time crafting. You are considered a master crafter if u can craft almost anything and that includes motifs too. You dont even have full research and you dont even have half the motifs. You are not even close to be considered a master crafter so stop asking to be treated the same way with someone who spent millions of gold and tons of hours to research everything and get all the motifs. If you want higher drop rates then start investing more to crafting. When you have everything maxed you can start complaining about drop rates.
    They are not going to adjust the master writs based on ur personal preferences. There are plenty of master writs for everyone. Some are cheap to make and give small rewards and some are extremely expensive to do and give far better rewards. Do those that u want and sell the rest. As long as the rewards are worth the cost then they are fine.
    Oh and threatening to quit the game because of crafting writs drop rate is kinda stupid. We all know that u are not quitting over this so how about u stop the stupid threats and give some meaningful feedback that is not based on just ur personal preference. You are not the only playing the game you know.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove the legendary requirement
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like this is basically end-game content for Crafters, but I am wondering if they will be able to make money out of it in the long run if the costs required are so big. Because if they get exclusive rewards for making furniture, those furniture still require quite a bit of materials to build and hence the resulting selling price will perhaps be too unrealistic for most people
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    It seems like this is basically end-game content for Crafters, but I am wondering if they will be able to make money out of it in the long run if the costs required are so big. Because if they get exclusive rewards for making furniture, those furniture still require quite a bit of materials to build and hence the resulting selling price will perhaps be too unrealistic for most people

If prices of crafted items are too unrealistic people will just buy from the Crown Store, which is quite likely the general idea.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If legendary writs provide enough vouchers, they should stay.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »

I'd say it appears that ZOS is hoping to add something to crafting in terms of post crafting BUT I don't see this as a good way to do so.

In terms of crafting things to throw away, improving them beyond green or blue is pointless.

Even if the purple and gold upgrade mats dropped more often it's still not good.

Here's why:

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    This type of focus is going to make people feel like they have to go grind for materials. You've not offered any material grinding for metal and wood therefore people will adjust prices and such for the upgrade materials into multiple thousands.

Then leaving it as is....you're going to create cause and effect as ppl will also circumvent and buy things via crown store releases.

If you're not going to change anything else, you have to change furnished houses to be ingame only but I strongly recommend removing all purple and gold items from writs as having an 100% drop rate similar to undaunted helms and shoulders but use this RNG within the 100% drop system.

The hirelings also need to provide gold items a lot more often in larger quantities if you're doing this.
    The results of refining needs to double as well.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 8, 2017 2:28PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts:

As a crafter, I do appreciate the effort to make crafting more relevant to ESO in general and our services potentially valuable to the player community. I do, however, have concerns:
    • I play a lot and have a pretty obsessive compulsion to harvest every single node I come across, even if I'm in a rush to do something else. Yet do not have very many Legendary Tempers and I'm running around in Purple Gear even though I run in a competitive guild. Now you are asking me to toss out 8 tempers for cosmetic rewards? Not going to happen for me. And I feel sorry for players with families and full time jobs.
    • I don't mind relatively rare drops. However, I am concerned my master crafters are spread out among three players (1 is blacksmith, 1 a woodworker, 1 a clothier). So I don't have a lot of the "dwemer motif mastery achievements" so am I going to see less of these drops? @ZOS_GinaBruno , I was a little fuzzy exactly how the game recognized people were "Master Crafters".
    • Related to the above point. I don't own the Dark BrotherHood DLC (not interested in being an assassin) and ZoS pattern of releasing motifs acquired by farming bosses and DLC content I have already done means while my crafters have dwemer, Glass, and mercenary (that you get through normally exploring and playing the game, which, by the way is how I think this stuff should be acquired), Minotaur, Ahab's Watch, Trinimac, etc., I hardly have any.

I also would like master crafters to have a function in this game beyond cosmetic. The community has given numerous ideas to explore such as altering motifs, some sort of trait change, or a possible way to augment stuff. There was a time when I felt ESO rewarded me for being a crafter, now it rewards farming.

One last thing I would like for the devs to look into. I'm not sure a "sink" on legendary materials is necessarily needed considering how much they cost. What I would very much like for there to be a sink for are the green, blue, and even purple improvement materials of which I have 1000s. I am afraid to sell/give these away because in my mind at some point there will be a future DLC that will require having a lot of this stuff and it took me two years of playing to acquire them. It seems like every time I decon decent gear or sell stuff I don't think I'll need, I wind up regretting it. Other stuff I'd like to see a sink for: trait stones (sardonyx, diamonds, turquoise, etc., this stuff I actually do just give away by the 100s), Enchanting Runes (I stopped harvesting them because they were clogging my inventory even though I sell them for dirt cheap in guild stores), and the Motif Stones (such as Adamatine, Copper, Laurels, etc.).
    Edited by Joy_Division on January 8, 2017 10:07PM
  • Akwila
    Akwila
    ✭✭✭
    Akwila wrote: »
    Yeah no. The chance on regular writ drop to even get a masterwrit is exceedingly stupid. did 12 of them (one crafter literally has every style [sans a few akaviri] and every trait on every item) and still nothing.

Make this drop rate violently higher.

Or make it guaranteed if you do all 6 one toon. Like if you do all 6 in one day, send a mail to the player with a single random master writ request. The regular writs are already borderline not worth the input (in terms of gold and what you actually put into it) but some times pays off if you get a gold temper. If.

Just pushing this issue a little more. For... imparativeness <3
  • Akwila
    Akwila
    ✭✭✭
    And also. PLEASE keep the requirements for legendary and nirncrux items on some writs but be SURE to keep the token reward inline with the cost to make such an item. These are MASTER writs, not Probably-Good-Enough-To-Maybe-Make-Some-Not-Garbage-Gear writs.

ie: A writ that calls for a gold item with nirnhoned trait should award 6 to 8 times as many tokens as a writ that calls for a purple item with a sharpened trait.

Basically, if you do a gold item Master writ, it should give you some considerable buying power from the master writ vendor and doing a purple master writ should give you a good start at buying power.
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elephant42 wrote: »
    I'm doing 6 writs on each of 4 chars per day.
    #1 is a template char with everything available in the template learned.
    #2 is my master crafter, 9 traits in everything, all base game motifs, full Xivkin, glass, trinimac, imperial, mercenary, pact, hollowjack, soul shriven and skinchanger. He has nothing in harlequin, yokudan, dark brotherhood and akaviri. He has part knowledge of all the rest (~50% coverage). He knows ~50% green recipes and ~25% blue and purple, knows all the DLC and event recipes. He has 100% alchemy knowledge and 100% enchanting knowledge.
    #3 is my master chef. She has 8 traits in everything all the base motifs and not much more, She knows 100% green recipes, ~75% blue and ~50% purple. Knows all the DLC and event recipes. She knows ~50% of enchating and ~30% alchemy.
    #4 is my sorc. He has half a dozen traits only. He knows about the same recipes as my mastercrafter. He has 100% enchanting knowledge and 100% alchemy knowledge.

Note that all the above chars have every crafting level passive at max.

Latest update:

Today my 24 writs yielded 2 WW and 1 Provisioning master writs so my current score is -

102 max writs for 5 master writs

Side note - one of my very good in-game friends did 6 writs and got 4 masters, and her crafter does not know nearly as many motifs as mine :/
  • GCVDJ11T
    GCVDJ11T
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for Master Crafting Writs. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Did you receive any Master Crafting Writs from the regular Crafting Writs? - Yes, one for Enchanting and one for Clothing
    • Was it easy to understand exactly what you were crafting? - Yes, I really like the way it lists it out on the Quest itself.
    • Do you have any other general feedback? - below are my comments

As soon as I opened my writ box a screen prompt came up for me to accept contract or goodbye.

3a5067871d.png

Please note that by hitting accept it does not put it into your inventory like I thought. It is an acceptance of the QUEST not the contract itself. At that point you are unable to trade or sell it.

The problem: The writ wanted me to craft epic primal well fitted shoes in the 9 traited Eternal Hunt set. Which is fine as I have the Thieves DLC, however I am only 7 traited in the shoes.

32021ed187.png

I crafted the shoes on my other toon and "passed" them to the toon with the Master Writ. This did not work. The toon that accepts the quest HAS to be the one to craft it. So I will need to wait 50 days and research my last two traits to be 9 traited to craft these shoes.

When I got my second Master Crafting Writ, "Sealed Enchanting Writ" I hit goodbye instead of Accept. Under Consumable in my inventory was the Gold Sealed Master Enchanting Writ. The description was very clear on what needed to be crafted. I was able to mail and trade this.

12fd203d80.png

1. The Master Crafting Writ is random and you may not be able to craft it if you do not know the style or have enough traits learned
      2. My second writ used a Kuta so there are Master Writs that require legendary mats. I think this concept is fine. The Legendary gives 7 writ vouchers. If you don't have the legendary mats you can sell or trade the master writ.

The one change: Once you open the writ box and the pop up comes up for the Master Writ the options are Accept Contract and Goodbye. You should re-word.

Accept Contract Quest (instead of just contract)
      Put Sealed Master Writ Contract Into Inventory (instead of goodbye)

Make it very clear. I honestly thought by hitting goodbye the first time would mean that I didn't get the Master Writ Voucher.

Edited by GCVDJ11T on January 8, 2017 10:31PM
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Latest update:

Today my 24 writs yielded 2 WW and 1 Provisioning master writs so my current score is -

Side note - one of my very good in-game friends did 6 writs and got 4 masters, and her crafter does not know nearly as many motifs as mine :/

Not only does she not know as many motifs, but she has zero research on clothing and woodworking, and got those master writs, anyway. At this point, I have no idea what the requirements really are.
  • JenethIH
    JenethIH
    ✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for Master Crafting Writs. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Did you receive any Master Crafting Writs from the regular Crafting Writs?
    • Was it easy to understand exactly what you were crafting?
    • Do you have any other general feedback?
    Did 36 total regular writs (on 5 toons including 12 on my main crafter-22 full motifs known and 9 traited everything) and received zero master writs so cannot respond to the rest of your questions. The drop rate is horrible. I'm not going to waste more time testing this on the PTS, the grind on live will be bad enough.

Edited by JenethIH on January 8, 2017 10:38PM
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer that the master writ is NOT offered automatically. Just let it drop into inventory. It's getting tedious. Experienced crafters know how to deal with writs and inventory.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Requiring Legendary gear to complete a Master Writ is completely over the top. I've been playing since Beta, have golded-out 2 or 3 sets of armour in that time and I have just 43 gold metal tempers. To ask to use these for Writs is not sensible. Considering I was asked to craft and 8-trait peice of equipment, I think that alone shows that I'm a "master crafter".

Also, the mats required for the Legendary furniture recipes that you purchase for writs is FAR too much. One banner required 50 Orcish style mats (plus everything else). I had 60. Why would I bother? Even if I can sell them for a massive amount in a guild store (risky) I can only craft one at that rate.

Please lower the material requirements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2ojS0fQIKk
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    So crafting stations from voucher trade in or build or own from blueprints?

Why no market stalls/ carts? The owner of house can drop up to 25 items that can be bought from stall by visitors minus a tax to the king.
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Icy wrote: »
    Also, the mats required for the Legendary furniture recipes that you purchase for writs is FAR too much. One banner required 50 Orcish style mats (plus everything else). I had 60. Why would I bother? Even if I can sell them for a massive amount in a guild store (risky) I can only craft one at that rate.

You can buy the style material from any Carpenter, Blacksmith or Clothier for 15g a piece. Which leads me to believe the hight style material requirement for the plans is simply meant as another gold sync.
    Edited by Dominoid on January 9, 2017 5:14PM
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Icy wrote: »

You can buy the style material from any Carpenter, Blacksmiyth or Clothier for 15g a piece. Which leads me to believe the hight style material requirement for the plans is simply meant as another gold sync.

People will complain anyway.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From another thread:
    Tradeskill mastery (which determines your odds of receiving a master writ from a top tier writ reward box) is meant to imply a long-term dedication to the craft. This varies from tradeskill to tradeskill.

For Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking, this means motif knowledge and overall completion of trait research. This does not include Crown-exclusive motifs or motifs for the 9 base player races. It focuses on motifs that take some effort to learn – like Xivkyn, or Minotaur, or Celestial.
    For Provisioning, this is instead your collection of known purple and gold recipes as they are a strong overall representation of dedication to craft.
    With Enchanting, we instead look at the total overall rune word translations you’ve completed on that character.
    And with Alchemy, we look at how many reagents from which you’ve completely learned all effects.

Over time, the contributing factors for this may expand as the associated tradeskill mechanics do.
    I question whether Motif knowledge should be a factor affecting the drop rate of Master Crafting invitations from equipment writs.

IMO the acquisition of Motif pages is more of an indication of dedication to particular types of adventuring rather than any particular dedication to equipment crafting, that is apart from the Glass motif.

My main crafter, who gets first pick of all the Motif pages I acquire in the game, has for example:
    Glass Style 14/14
    Xivkyn Style 0/14
    Minotaur Style 2/14
    Celestial Style 0/14

This shows my dedication to doing craft writs, and acquiring Glass style motif fragments. It also shows that I have not done any of the adventuring activities that drop Xivkyn and Celestial pages, and that I did nearly all of my questing in the Gold Coast before Minotaur motif pages became a quest reward.

I do not buy motif pages from the crown store, and very rarely from guild traders. I am dedicated to enjoying the fruits of my own labours, whether it be adventuring or crafting.

Using Motif knowledge also introduces a pay-to-win element into the equation. I may be wrong, but I think I remember some, if not all, of the three motifs given as examples of those requiring "some effort to learn” being on sale in the crown store when they were first introduced to the game. Minotaur style is obtained from the DB DLC, meaning people who have not paid $$$ to have access to that DLC would be at a disadvantage when it comes to dropping Master Crafting writ invitations.

Furthermore, Motifs have been becoming increasingly irrelevant in the game recently. I’m sure many players have lost any motivation to acquire complete Motifs in the past few months. They’re no longer of much use. For example, nine out of my own ten characters currently use an ill-matched mix of dropped and crafted sets concealed beneath costumes. I sure most people are the same now. The only character I have equipped in one single Motif style is my main crafter, and that’s because it’s just for show. He never does anything but crafting (assiduously, just about every day, for the past 18 months or more).
    I am inclined to agree with this. Up until now, motifs have been solely cosmetic. Giving them a practical application defeats that purpose. Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking should be based on research, nothing more.

Also, I agree that there should be no Legendary item requirements. It's too costly for the return.
    I am inclined to disagree. "commitment to your craft" is more than simply trait research. Grinding the RNG for mitfs shows commitment, spending thousands and thousands of gold on motif pages is commitment. And in the end, if my character can make you a TBS set in 20 different styles, that means I'm a better crafter than one who can only make it in Breton. Cosmetic or no cosmetic.

And let's be honest, most motifs are sold today for a pittance, except the most recent ones. Meaning without spending too much gold or time, you'll probably end jup with 85 % of all motifs learned, as well as having researched your craft. Thus your chances for getting the master writs will be minuscly smaller than someone who has learned 100 % motifs.

This also makes much more sense seeing as in order to actually be able to complete these master writs, you need to be able to craft them in various motifs again. Thus, one way or another you actually have to spend time and effort retrieving motifs now - how can that even be a bad thing? Everyone was complaining that motifs were worthless, now they at least have some worth. Enjoy.
    If they were only sourced in-game, I would agree. But you can buy motifs on the Crown Store, and that hasn't been a major issue since they have only been cosmetic (per the purpose of the Crown Store). If they start having a meaningful function in gameplay, outside cosmetics, that means it's an advantage you can buy.

And they are still sourced in game. The only 2 that were exclusive to the cs will not be considered.

I don't know about anyone else, but imo it's fine having motifs considered. I've spent lots of time farming for them and lots of gold to gather the rest I couldn't be bothered with. The reason is when someone asks for a master crafter I can say yes in all styles. Call it effort or time or both, I have them because it was important for me to have them. I for one am happy to see them have some actual application now.

As far as gold mats that may be a bit much. If it stays that way when it goes live it will kill the economy. I would be sitting on a small fortune 168 tempers, 170 wax and about 100 rosin. Finally seen prices start to drop on console, this will make them skyrocket again. Just in the last month, console, prices have gone from 20k temps to under 15k, wax from 12k to 6k, rosins from 10k to about 5k. So yeah I see this as a problem.

Edited to add

Motif pages and books will be able to be purchased from the writ voucher vendor. So you can get them even if you don't want to spend gold or farm.
    Edited by Stopnaggin on January 9, 2017 5:16PM
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could we get clarification on how much each motif increases the chance of receiving a Master Writ? Mentioned in the notes that harder to obtain ones would increase the chance more...
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akwila wrote: »
    And also. PLEASE keep the requirements for legendary and nirncrux items on some writs but be SURE to keep the token reward inline with the cost to make such an item. These are MASTER writs, not Probably-Good-Enough-To-Maybe-Make-Some-Not-Garbage-Gear writs.

ie: A writ that calls for a gold item with nirnhoned trait should award 6 to 8 times as many tokens as a writ that calls for a purple item with a sharpened trait.

Basically, if you do a gold item Master writ, it should give you some considerable buying power from the master writ vendor and doing a purple master writ should give you a good start at buying power.

+1
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rolis Hlaalu Prices
    • Night Pumice (style item ebony)- 8
    • Ebony Single Chapter - 25
    • Diminished Aetherial Dust (new xp potion thingy) - 25
    • Basic Crafting Stations - 35
    • Animus stone (needed for target dummy) - 50
    • Rare Gold Furniture Plans (includes target dummy) - 125
    • Attunable Crafting Stations - 250
    • Aetherial Ambrosia Recipe - 250
    • Ebony Style full book - 300

I had to craft a Kuta level enchantment and got 7 writ vouchers
    Edited by Dominoid on January 9, 2017 6:31PM
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm doing 6 writs on each of 4 chars per day.
    #1 is a template char with everything available in the template learned.
    #2 is my master crafter, 9 traits in everything, all base game motifs, full Xivkin, glass, trinimac, imperial, mercenary, pact, hollowjack, soul shriven and skinchanger. He has nothing in harlequin, yokudan, dark brotherhood and akaviri. He has part knowledge of all the rest (~50% coverage). He knows ~50% green recipes and ~25% blue and purple, knows all the DLC and event recipes. He has 100% alchemy knowledge and 100% enchanting knowledge.
    #3 is my master chef. She has 8 traits in everything all the base motifs and not much more, She knows 100% green recipes, ~75% blue and ~50% purple. Knows all the DLC and event recipes. She knows ~50% of enchating and ~30% alchemy.
    #4 is my sorc. He has half a dozen traits only. He knows about the same recipes as my mastercrafter. He has 100% enchanting knowledge and 100% alchemy knowledge.

Note that all the above chars have every crafting level passive at max.

Latest update:

Reset the tally for patch 2.7.1

24 writs/1 master writ
    Edited by Elephant42 on January 9, 2017 9:16PM
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Considering that gold tempers go for about 11k (alloys), and you need 8 of them to upgrade an item, what exactly do I get from my 90k investment, eh?

If you're calling for legendary/gold quality items, you better make sure that we're getting something back of the same value or more.

You should probably remove legendary stuff from the master writs and keep it at epic/purple at max.

Feedback so far:

- "Bandit" motif seems like a bug.
    - You may want to reconsider requiring 8 gold tempers and a lot of Kutas and Hakeijo. Those components are insanely expensive, and I'm not really sure the writ rewards are worth that, compared to making purple items.
    - Other than that - I love that the master writs require all sorts of sets, traits, motifs - even from DLCs and holiday events. This is exactly what I asked for about 6 months ago - so I'm extremely happy with this.

Holiday events? You mean the stuff that is no longer attainable? That is complete and utter BS ZOS, unless there some way to attain those mats going forward. Buying leftovers from a guild trader or buying the crafting mats from the crown store is not acceptable either. Also even requiring purple quality items is kinda pushing it.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rolis Hlaalu Prices

I checked all the master writs available on my template char and came up with the following average rates of return:
    Hard crafts - Gold tempers required on ~half the writs - avg return 15 vouchers.
    Soft crafts and non-gold hard crafts - avg return 3 vouchers

My current testing of writs per master writ is about 20-1

I can do 6 writs per day on each of 4 characters and I have stacks of ~3k of all the hard craft mats. I have more than enough runes, ingredients and flowers to not have to worry about those.

Based on the very rough data above and doing 6 writs per day on each of 4 characters it will take me ~50 days and all of my hard craft mats plus a lot more to afford the target dummy recipe if I don't do any gold temper writs, then I still have to get the ingredients to make one.

If I make every master writ I get it will take me ~20 days, half my crafting mats and about 40 gold tempers to afford the recipe. Of course a lucky few will get one of the 200+ voucher writs and be able to afford it on the first day.

I have a pretty sour taste in my mouth right now and think I'll just pretend that housing and master writs don't exist, sell any master writs I happen to get and just buy a dummy from some lucky mega-rich and getting richer player.

Sad really because I thought this might be a fun way to add another interesting sideline to the game.

I'm done with the PTS - just too annoyed about this to bother any more.
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rolis Hlaalu Prices

Wow. I'm very disheartened to see this list. If they don't greatly increase the chance of Master Writs and at least cut down on the use of legendary for them, it will take me months to get anything since I really only have one crafting character.

I wish that they would allow at least the basic crafting stations to be purchased outright with gold. It would at least make housing a little bit more exciting initially. With the way things are, I'm just feeling disappointed thinking that I'll have an empty and all but useless building for months.

Personally, I'd like to see a Master Writ be set rather than having to hope on RNG. They could have one in every max level writ container, but have like 80% of them be using green materials and worth 1 voucher or something, then also blues for 3 vouchers, etc. At least you'd feel like you were progressing slightly rather than waiting and hoping for months.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDIT: this is somewhat outdated because of too small sample size. It missed nirnhoned writs, which give over 100 vouchers.

My sample of legendary blacksmith writs give between 19 and 24 vouchers. If we take the average, 20, then e.g. ebony motif book will take 15 writs which means 120 tempering alloys. If one temper costs, say easy price of 10k gold, then the motif costs 1,2 million gold. I have never paid that much from a motif. Attunable station costs one million to make. All three TBS stations is 3 millions convenience. All this is naturally speculation.

With current droprates, the legendary master writs will be a game for only a handful of crafters. I think i can just about sustain it, but no goldens to spare for sale. Interesting times ahead...

There is no reason why legendary writs give different amount of vouchers. Only tempers mean anything - the rest is pittance. I suggest legendary writs give flat amount of vouchers. Well, nirn could thow in five vouchers. Akaviri and crown motifs can add another five vouchers.

Now i really want to get rid of that autostart of master writs. ONLY place to see the writ reward is while it's unstarted in inventory or i return it.. If i take the quest, the quest description does not show voucher amount. 99% people cancel the quest or they block it with active junk writ.

Edited by helediron on January 10, 2017 9:59AM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So crafting stations from voucher trade in or build or own from blueprints?

Why no market stalls/ carts? The owner of house can drop up to 25 items that can be bought from stall by visitors minus a tax to the king.

Tens of thousands of people will likely own the same house. Who gets the vendor associated with house?