The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Feedback Thread for Master Crafting Writs

• StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't imagine this was intentional: this writ gave me a LOT more vouchers than writs of a similar requirement (and yes, I did finish it and it gave me the full 123)
    qPKqX6B.png

As for feedback, I'd really love some kind of tracker or indicator in the crafting interface that highlights or notifies you when you're making the right craft for your master writ. With how expensive these can potentially be, it'd suck to make the wrong thing and waste a Nirncrux or something. I know that's a risk we run anyway with crafting, and it should be on the crafter to be diligent, but just some kind of indicator would be helpful in preventing costly accidents (for example, I use a provisioning add-on that puts a little checkmark next to the recipe I have to make for my current writ when I'm at a cooking fire).
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    If they were only sourced in-game, I would agree. But you can buy motifs on the Crown Store, and that hasn't been a major issue since they have only been cosmetic (per the purpose of the Crown Store). If they start having a meaningful function in gameplay, outside cosmetics, that means it's an advantage you can buy.

Motifs should not count. I agree with this because part of this means that if you buy in the store you are rewarded with this system. Sketchy at best. If you play in the game and try to hunt them down, get them through gaming, through trials, etc then you may never get a full set because of the drop system and for some of them the price.

I don't buy in store. I seek some out and I game farm others. That is shown in my motifs:

Thieves 2/14; dwemer 12/14; DC 4/14; AD 2/14; merc 14/14; celestial 7/14; xivkyn 7/14; assassins 7/14; outlaw 5/14
    event full hollow/skinchanger
    DB, order, trinimac, malcath, EP, Dro'm, Abah's, Ancient Orc, Minotaur, Yokudan, Akaviri, Draugr 0/14

My research however is:

LIGHT -- chest, boots, hood done; arm 1 in progress, 1 to go; legs, epaulests final in progress; sash 1 left

MEDIUM -- Chest, boots 2 left; arm 1 left; helm, shoulders, waist 3 left; pants done

HEAVY -- chest, pauldrons, gauntlets done; boots, helm, waist final in progress; leg 1 left

Wood all but bow done, bow on last in progress

heavy weapons heavy 4 axes, 2 mace, 6 sword, 5 dagger, 2 battleaxes

I am quite far along on all my research and not really a slacker on motifs, but I don't really farm them nor do I buy them with crowns. I've been crafting in this game since early on. If I don't qualify as a master crafter then I guess you have to be 'complete' on all things to qualify. At this point I am ready to say if they don't adjust this from the legendary and fix horrible drop master writs then I'm done with this game. It shows exactly where their heart is, in their wallet. I get that they are in the business to make money, but as of late they have crossed the line from gaming to gambling. Here we are with that again. Don't like it. Don't need it. Don't want it. And I won't be the only one to be done either.

The Crown Store exclusive motifs don't count towards the Master Writ drop rate.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing as the Master Crafter voucher prices are now up, as expected the prices are way out of hand, as most people here seem to agree on.

Thank you to @silvereyes for the pictures, and here they are once again:

ivaf3yvhuptw.png
    c8wbsltuh7kr.png
    agbqt74guabf.png
    cs0vskutf5z9.png

Depending on your current mats to gold valuta, that's in the vicinity of 450-550k for the attunable stations and Ambrosia recipe, something like 600k for Ebony style, 250k for golden blueprints and about 15k for the night pumice crafting mat.

Half a mil of legendary mat costs for the convenience of spending 3 minutes less time going to Craglorn to craft TBS? Are you completely and utter nuts? This is nothing but a gimmick and a sink for those who care nothing about gold. As someone who has both the skill and the legendary mats to obtain one of these attunable benches somewhat easily, I am certainly not going to bother at these prices. I might as well just throw my Alloys out the window.
    Oh, and let's not forget how subpar crafted sets are these days compared to procdrops. Now tell me again why I would want to spend half a M for having slightly easier access to one of these sets, hm?

600k for a crafting style that is rather inferior to many others. Light and medium are just copies of the heavy armor look, this is a lazy and cheap solution. And you want me to pay 600k for that - and even more hillariously, 15k per style mat? Stalhrim shards, crown mimic stone exclusive mats, go for 5k now. Alliance styles go for about 1k each. Now compare that to 15k per Ebony style item. You see the problem now? Not to mention that since style change STILL is NOT a thing in this game, motifs and style materials are pretty much money out your window. Tell me again how this is worth 600k to me?

250k for gold recipes. Among these we find such wonders as "Coffer, Gem", "Mortar and Pestle", "Bottle, Poison Elixir" and my all time favourite - "Tools, Case". Let me get this right, you're asking me for legendary mats worth 250k for the honor of being able to craft a gem case, a mortar and pestle, a bottle and a toolbox? I can't even ...

In sum: - Voucher prices are complete and utter nuts. You're paying millions for what amounts to gimmicks and cosmetics.
    Attunable crafting benches should be cut down to 125 vouchers, tops. Ambrosia recipe 175 vouchers, Ebony style book 125 vouchers, Pumice crafting mat 1 voucher each, tops. And for the love of Dibella, put some better furnishing recipes for sale in his inventory than "Tools, Case", please.
  • zassasaurus
    zassasaurus
    ✭✭✭
    i think the drop rate is too low for master writs, i have done 18 max level writs so far on my crafter who knows quite a few recipes, motifs and most traits but still haven't had one drop.

The master writs i have done on my template character, the rewards seem too low or the prices of the items you can buy for writ vouchers. I had to make a legendary item and i got 24 writ vouchers, thats not enough to buy ANYTHING not even ONE motif chapter! thats CRAZY! i dont think you should have to craft legendary items at all, i dont want to have to waste my golds on writs! But if I have to I should at least get something out of it, with the prices you have at the moment I think 100 writ vouchers for crafting a legendary item would be more reasonable.

But really the prices are just crazy, how is the blueprint for the target skeleton the same cost as one for a case of vials? case of vials should be 1/4 the price of a target skeleton. The blueprints should be much better items aswell, the only ones that sound halfway decent are the orcish table with furs, the skinning podium and the target skeleton this guy should have the best items in the game, not some random bags and potion equipment.
    Edited by zassasaurus on January 10, 2017 9:50AM
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked a larger sample of legendary master writs. I looked only blacksmith writs. Those with normal traits give 19..25 vouchers. Those with nirnhoned trait gave 123..144 and one 274 vouchers.

It is clear that i'll do only nirnhoned writs and delete the rest. Legendary is valued too low and nirn too high in the reward.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well i feared already that buying a house will be the smallest of our problems.
    Also the reward disparity is far too crazy, espiaclly since the master writ droprate is really low and knowing my relationship with rng jesus, i will only get those 2 vouchers writ on live then.

I think 120 or even 100 for the highest writs sounds fair since housing is to keep us busy for months and you guys just need to adjust the less rewarding writs.
  • TTMighty
    TTMighty
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very curious to know what the actual mechanics are behind the Master Writ drop rates. My sample data is only for today and yesterday so far but on my "True" Master Crafter toon (9/9 all traits, every current motif, every recipe (including Aetheric Ambrosia), all reagents/runes known) and he dropped one Blacksmith Writ yesterday (21 vouchers) and one Enchant Writ today (6 vouchers).

I'm testing across some of my "minor" crafters (base 9 motifs +base rares, no traits researched, only green/blue recipes). These guys are occasionally dropping 2-6 voucher Master Writs from the consumable disciplines.

All of the toons are level 50 across all disciplines, but some of the "minor" crafters are missing the poison reagent knowledge and some of the rune knowledge.

The "Minor" crafter drop rates seem appropriate according to the requirements posted here. But, I would expect my True Master Crafter to be be getting a more substantial drop rate.
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very disappointing. With the crazy rip-off prices on PS4 guild stores, this is a non-starter.
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    How big should the reward rate of those be, should one be able to get the whole Ebony Style Motif for 300 on average in one day, two days, week ?
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Grileenor
    Grileenor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts:

As a crafter, I do appreciate the effort to make crafting more relevant to ESO in general and our services potentially valuable to the player community. I do, however, have concerns:
    • I play a lot and have a pretty obsessive compulsion to harvest every single node I come across, even if I'm in a rush to do something else. Yet do not have very many Legendary Tempers and I'm running around in Purple Gear even though I run in a competitive guild. Now you are asking me to toss out 8 tempers for cosmetic rewards? Not going to happen for me. And I feel sorry for players with families and full time jobs.
    • I don't mind relatively rare drops. However, I am concerned my master crafters are spread out among three players (1 is blacksmith, 1 a woodworker, 1 a clothier). So I don't have a lot of the "dwemer motif mastery achievements" so am I going to see less of these drops? @ZOS_GinaBruno , I was a little fuzzy exactly how the game recognized people were "Master Crafters".
    • Related to the above point. I don't own the Dark BrotherHood DLC (not interested in being an assassin) and ZoS pattern of releasing motifs acquired by farming bosses and DLC content I have already done means while my crafters have dwemer, Glass, and mercenary (that you get through normally exploring and playing the game, which, by the way is how I think this stuff should be acquired), Minotaur, Ahab's Watch, Trinimac, etc., I hardly have any.

I also would like master crafters to have a function in this game beyond cosmetic. The community has given numerous ideas to explore such as altering motifs, some sort of trait change, or a possible way to augment stuff. There was a time when I felt ESO rewarded me for being a crafter, now it rewards farming.

One last thing I would like for the devs to look into. I'm not sure a "sink" on legendary materials is necessarily needed considering how much they cost. What I would very much like for there to be a sink for are the green, blue, and even purple improvement materials of which I have 1000s. I am afraid to sell/give these away because in my mind at some point there will be a future DLC that will require having a lot of this stuff and it took me two years of playing to acquire them. It seems like every time I decon decent gear or sell stuff I don't think I'll need, I wind up regretting it. Other stuff I'd like to see a sink for: trait stones (sardonyx, diamonds, turquoise, etc., this stuff I actually do just give away by the 100s), Enchanting Runes (I stopped harvesting them because they were clogging my inventory even though I sell them for dirt cheap in guild stores), and the Motif Stones (such as Adamatine, Copper, Laurels, etc.).

Words of wisdom, ZOS. Listen carefully. Best you read it every morning - all of it!
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vouchers don't seem to be account wide. They show up in currency but only for that character and they aren't bankable. It seems like they should be a currency for all your characters. So if you gain them on multiple characters you can pool them to buy an item you want.

Thats too bad. We need them to be bankable and not bound so we can also sell them on guild stores.
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    Vouchers don't seem to be account wide. They show up in currency but only for that character and they aren't bankable. It seems like they should be a currency for all your characters. So if you gain them on multiple characters you can pool them to buy an item you want.

Thats too bad. We need them to be bankable and not bound so we can also sell them on guild stores.

You can sell the actual Master Writ in guild stores so that isn't a really big deal. But I agree, because of the abysmal drop rate and excessive amount of vouchers needed, we should be able to bank and pool them at the very least.

Though even then, I will not be buying anything at this point. Items like crafting stations should not cost more than houses.
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master writs currently feel too rare, and demand too many materials (expensive ones at that) to complete. The rewards also feel way too stingy compared to the cost of completing the quest.

Why is there this need to involve RNG in everything? Couldn't we just get Rollis to do some sort of "master writ certification" when a person reaches craft 50 and then have a board give these quests? If not, please increase the drop rate and lower the requirements of these quests drastically.

If say I want a set craft table, I will need to
    1. Pay, either in terms of gold or materials, to do daily writs at the max level.
    2. Hope that RNG favours me, so I can have a chance of getting a master writ. If not, I have to pay more gold to buy the quest from players. (who even thought this was a good idea...)
    3. Pay EVEN MORE gold and rare materials to do the quest so I can get a paltry number of coupons in return.
    4. Repeat 1-3 many more times so I can get enough to afford the ridiculous prices on the NPC.
    5. Then, after all this, I can buy the RECIPE for the table which guess what, needs EVEN MORE GOLD AND MATERIALS to craft!

And this is for ONE item, one of the few that actually has some gameplay purpose! How is this fun or rewarding at all? It seems that in general the furniture in our houses is going to cost much much more than even the houses themselves, which seems completely backwards and illogical for something that is purely cosmetic in most cases.
    Edited by Contraptions on January 10, 2017 6:07PM
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • CivilDisobedienceVII
    pieratsos wrote: »

You are not considered a master crafter just because u spent a lot of time crafting. You are considered a master crafter if u can craft almost anything and that includes motifs too. You dont even have full research and you dont even have half the motifs. You are not even close to be considered a master crafter so stop asking to be treated the same way with someone who spent millions of gold and tons of hours to research everything and get all the motifs. If you want higher drop rates then start investing more to crafting. When you have everything maxed you can start complaining about drop rates.
    They are not going to adjust the master writs based on ur personal preferences. There are plenty of master writs for everyone. Some are cheap to make and give small rewards and some are extremely expensive to do and give far better rewards. Do those that u want and sell the rest. As long as the rewards are worth the cost then they are fine.
    Oh and threatening to quit the game because of crafting writs drop rate is kinda stupid. We all know that u are not quitting over this so how about u stop the stupid threats and give some meaningful feedback that is not based on just ur personal preference. You are not the only playing the game you know.

Something about this whole response got my attention. Had to really contemplate it for a few minutes.

You dont even have full research and you dont even have half the motifs. You are not even close to be considered a master crafter so stop asking to be treated the same way with someone who spent millions of gold and tons of hours to research everything and get all the motifs. [You are not as worthy as other players who have spent fortunes and years on this. You don't deserve it so stop asking for more balance. Only a few are special enough for this and it is not you. You are not considered good enough. And I will remind you of this by taking the time to humiliate you in the thread.] If you want higher drop rates then start investing more to crafting. When you have everything maxed you can start complaining about drop rates. [Spend years of your life on this, buy motifs in the store, in the game, like the few here who were obsessed with that for their own reasons of personal choice and now that obsession has paid off which they are very happy for and want to see it remain that way. You are not good enough. You don't matter. Your opinion doesn't count. You have not done this long enough. Stop articulating what you feel might be an issue for those who have still invested time and gold consistently in crafts so that they feel that they should have a reasonable chance at some nice writs rewards. This is an end game elite reward though it was never really expressly said that it was.]

They are not going to adjust the master writs based on ur personal preferences. [You don't count. Your opinion doesn't matter despite that this thread is where your opinion is supposed to matter.] There are plenty of master writs for everyone. Some are cheap to make and give small rewards and some are extremely expensive to do and give far better rewards. Do those that u want and sell the rest. As long as the rewards are worth the cost then they are fine. [Do not give consistent feedback about what you do or do not like about this despite that this is the sole purpose of this thread. There are some cheap rewards. Maybe you can do those and sell the others.]
    Oh and threatening to quit the game because of crafting writs drop rate is kinda stupid. We all know that u are not quitting over this so how about u stop the stupid threats and give some meaningful feedback that is not based on just ur personal preference. You are not the only playing the game you know. [Don't decide that if a game keeps going in a certain direction that you will quit and you will let them know exactly why. You will stay here even when you don't like it. And I apparently know that because this is my specialty. Insulting, targeting and humiliating people when they stand up for themselves and telling them they don't matter directly or indirectly. I know people who have threatened to leave before, and they never did. They just keep taking it. You will too. Your personal preference doesn't matter at all even though you are here in a thread designed for that, where the goal is to find bugs and one would think warn them of potential issues players might have with this part of the update. Keep that to yourself. We don't care about you or 'ur' personal preference. Your opinion doesn't matter. Keep your mouth shut and stop pointing out what you don't like. You don't matter. Don't stand up for yourself or what you believe others might be thinking too. There are some people who want to benefit from this. That is the only group that matters. The group that I have expressly said, who have spent years on researching and motif acquisition. The rest of you can take paltry writ rewards and be grateful for them, but if you have not been at this for long enough to even be done will all research, no matter how long you may have been doing it, you don't count or matter at all.]

I recommend the original comment, pieratsos' comment and this one be removed from this thread. Pieratsos' comment reads too much like what comes out of the mouths of abusers. It is humiliating, invalidating, condescending, bullying, with colors of gaslighting (via instilling shame, guilt, fear, or great doubt, so the poster that is attacked will likely back off the stance they really wanted to take). This is rather disturbing to see, even moreso that that it received several likes. Apparently this is acceptable behavior in this forum and quite possibly throughout this game. Disturbing at the least and perhaps a reason to avoid the forum at best.

I do hope at least the abusive comment and then this one are removed. There was no reason to verbally abuse a player for stating their feelings about what they were seeing on the PTS.
    Edited by CivilDisobedienceVII on January 10, 2017 6:35PM
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭

I recommend the original comment, pieratsos' comment and this one be removed from this thread. Pieratsos' comment reads too much like what comes out of the mouths of abusers. It is humiliating, invalidating, condescending, bullying, with colors of gaslighting (via instilling shame, guilt, fear, or great doubt, so the poster that is attacked will likely back off the stance they really wanted to take). This is rather disturbing to see, even moreso that that it received several likes. Apparently this is acceptable behavior in this forum and quite possibly throughout this game. Disturbing at the least and perhaps a reason to avoid the forum at best.

I do hope at least the abusive comment and then this one are removed. There was no reason to verbally abuse a player for stating their feelings about what they were seeing on the PTS.

These forums have never been known for their kindness. If things get too bad, threads get shut down, but it is the Interwebz... and if someone makes:

"I'm quitting if they don't change this..."

"I deserve the same rewards as a new player as those given to people with almost 3 years of time money and effort invested..."

"I am speaking for a majority of the player base when I say this..."

type posts, they are going to get flamed.

Edited by Stonesthrow on January 10, 2017 6:52PM
  • CivilDisobedienceVII

These forums have never been known for their kindness. If things get too bad, threads get shut down, but it is the Interwebz... and if someone makes:

"I'm quitting if they don't change this..."

"I deserve the same rewards as a new player as those given to people with almost 3 years of time money and effort invested..."

"I am speaking for a majority of the player base when I say this..."

type posts, they are going to get flamed.

That is not a reason to abuse someone in the forum. Ignore the post if you do not agree with it, but abusing the poster and then justifying it? That should always be unacceptable. If this is what is now acceptable in forums, then I am glad I never come here except for a game issue or and update. And I do not recall there being explicit details about master writs. You achieve master crafter at 50 in this game. It is then possible that the player did not realize that master was going to mean end game, done research for years to be able to do these special writs. It is likely the player was responding to that without articulating it clearly. If they have achieved the level of research they have and a reasonable amount of motifs, it is likely the player felt blindsided by the revelation that it would take them years to be able to do these special writs. Given that it looks like there is some very nice and specific housing content, it is reasonable to think that they felt as though they are being shut out of content because they do not meet specific requirements.

It looks like many will be shut out of this content, content which most players are being led to believe will be available to them on some level. Now it looks like this might be a crown purchase for most. They should have led with that rather than letting players become excited for new content only to discover that it will be behind pay walls. DLC everyone knows is paid for. For housing, it has never been clearly stated, and it should have been. They have quite deliberately held back many details.
    Edited by CivilDisobedienceVII on January 10, 2017 7:06PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

You are not considered a master crafter just because u spent a lot of time crafting. You are considered a master crafter if u can craft almost anything and that includes motifs too. You dont even have full research and you dont even have half the motifs. You are not even close to be considered a master crafter so stop asking to be treated the same way with someone who spent millions of gold and tons of hours to research everything and get all the motifs. If you want higher drop rates then start investing more to crafting. When you have everything maxed you can start complaining about drop rates.
    They are not going to adjust the master writs based on ur personal preferences. There are plenty of master writs for everyone. Some are cheap to make and give small rewards and some are extremely expensive to do and give far better rewards. Do those that u want and sell the rest. As long as the rewards are worth the cost then they are fine.
    Oh and threatening to quit the game because of crafting writs drop rate is kinda stupid. We all know that u are not quitting over this so how about u stop the stupid threats and give some meaningful feedback that is not based on just ur personal preference. You are not the only playing the game you know.

Something about this whole response got my attention. Had to really contemplate it for a few minutes.

You dont even have full research and you dont even have half the motifs. You are not even close to be considered a master crafter so stop asking to be treated the same way with someone who spent millions of gold and tons of hours to research everything and get all the motifs. [You are not as worthy as other players who have spent fortunes and years on this. You don't deserve it so stop asking for more balance. Only a few are special enough for this and it is not you. You are not considered good enough. And I will remind you of this by taking the time to humiliate you in the thread.] If you want higher drop rates then start investing more to crafting. When you have everything maxed you can start complaining about drop rates. [Spend years of your life on this, buy motifs in the store, in the game, like the few here who were obsessed with that for their own reasons of personal choice and now that obsession has paid off which they are very happy for and want to see it remain that way. You are not good enough. You don't matter. Your opinion doesn't count. You have not done this long enough. Stop articulating what you feel might be an issue for those who have still invested time and gold consistently in crafts so that they feel that they should have a reasonable chance at some nice writs rewards. This is an end game elite reward though it was never really expressly said that it was.]

They are not going to adjust the master writs based on ur personal preferences. [You don't count. Your opinion doesn't matter despite that this thread is where your opinion is supposed to matter.] There are plenty of master writs for everyone. Some are cheap to make and give small rewards and some are extremely expensive to do and give far better rewards. Do those that u want and sell the rest. As long as the rewards are worth the cost then they are fine. [Do not give consistent feedback about what you do or do not like about this despite that this is the sole purpose of this thread. There are some cheap rewards. Maybe you can do those and sell the others.]
    Oh and threatening to quit the game because of crafting writs drop rate is kinda stupid. We all know that u are not quitting over this so how about u stop the stupid threats and give some meaningful feedback that is not based on just ur personal preference. You are not the only playing the game you know. [Don't decide that if a game keeps going in a certain direction that you will quit and you will let them know exactly why. You will stay here even when you don't like it. And I apparently know that because this is my specialty. Insulting, targeting and humiliating people when they stand up for themselves and telling them they don't matter directly or indirectly. I know people who have threatened to leave before, and they never did. They just keep taking it. You will too. Your personal preference doesn't matter at all even though you are here in a thread designed for that, where the goal is to find bugs and one would think warn them of potential issues players might have with this part of the update. Keep that to yourself. We don't care about you or 'ur' personal preference. Your opinion doesn't matter. Keep your mouth shut and stop pointing out what you don't like. You don't matter. Don't stand up for yourself or what you believe others might be thinking too. There are some people who want to benefit from this. That is the only group that matters. The group that I have expressly said, who have spent years on researching and motif acquisition. The rest of you can take paltry writ rewards and be grateful for them, but if you have not been at this for long enough to even be done will all research, no matter how long you may have been doing it, you don't count or matter at all.]

Lol. You obviously like twisting my words to make ur point but dont expect me to take u seriously.
    1) It says master writs and they are made for master crafters. You can still get them, i never said u shouldnt be able to get them. But yes someone who invested more into it should get better rewards (higher drop rate in this case). Thats balance. Im not abusing and humiliating anyone. I just dont agree with spoiled brats who want everything handed to them.
    2)Yes its end game for crafters. They are called master writs, u get them by completing top tier crafted writs and they require u to be basically a master crafter to complete them and they reward you with "legendary" rewards.
    3)Yes the game is not balanced based on ur personal preferences. You are not the center of the universe. Your opinion matters just as much as everyone's else. Get over it.
    Not gonna answer to everything that u wrote cause its basically all the same. You are just twisting my words.
    Point is u can still get the writs even if u are not a master crafter. But someone who invested more time than u should get higher drop rates. Thats how it is. And just because there are certain thing u cant do it doesnt mean no one else can do them. Like i said i never abused and insulted anyone. I was just being straight with someone who kept posting about how everything doesnt suit his needs and so they should be changed. Thats not feedback. Thats just people who want everything handed to them cause they cba to work for it and they want the same rewards with people that actually worked for it. Sorry but i dont have the same mentality.
    Next time u want to quote someone try not to twist everything.
    Edited by pieratsos on January 10, 2017 7:43PM
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Writ drops are too rare for my tastes. I have full knowledge on my wood. Not a writ yet in days of doing this. I cannot see myself personally going crazy to do them in game unless the rewards were better, like more tempers drop. People have mentioned the market on golds and I wonder what will happen if this remains as it is. I have only gotten some enchant ones because I have full knowledge minus the prismatic enchant which I have zero intention of doing unless someone asks me to and provides the item.

I only use crafting in this game to craft for myself and a few friends and sometimes for the store. So it has limited utility given the sets are not really the best or even in some cases comparable to others. What they really need to do is give us a few more really better sets for magicka and tanks. Tava's used to be great but this update appears to change that. Having just a few sets out of how many that players actually like and use at endgame is kind of terrible. These master writs showed promise if you had put the time into it, but now that appears to only be the case for those who have been here from the start of the game. I do feel for them. Almost three years for their crafting to pay off. That sucks under any and all circumstances. I know I personally don't have the patience for that.
  • VelociousLegend
    VelociousLegend
    ✭✭✭
    Can we just completely remove the requirement to use legendary tempers for master writs. Especially on consoles, these tempers are exceptionally costly and manipulated constantly. If gold tempers are required, then their drop rates need to be increased dramatically to account to the large increase in demand that they will have for them.

The motif and trait requirement will be enough to keep these gated to only serious crafters that invested motif collecting and trait research. Please reconsider this ZOS.
    Xbox - NA
    GT: VelociousLegend
    PC - NA
    @VelociousLegend

"All gave some. Some gave all."
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Requirement to update crafted items to legendary quality is an overkill.
    Keep it only to the consumables only.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't seem to have any problem pulling the Master Writs, so far, 1 Cloth - 1 Master, 2 Prov - 1 Master.

But it is not even the BS-WW-Cloth that have reqs that I will never waste that much Gold mats on.

Even the Provisioning is beyond any desire to complete:

MALCH.jpg

EIGHT Psijic Ambrosia? So what, the feasters plan on some Zombie Grinding after dessert?

Why would I ever waste Psijic Ambrosia on Housing?
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The requirement for legendary improvement materials - though I can see why it was done - definitely leaves a sour taste in the mouth. As many people have noted, the prices for these materials on console particularly is absolutely ridiculous.

Aside from that, my biggest disappointment is that the Writ Vouchers aren't bankable - I haven't tested this, but it was indicated by an earlier poster. As per @Joy_Division very eloquent post, my crafting 'mastery' is spread across several characters. Setting up a single character who is a 'master' of all crafts would require just short of 100 skill points (97, if I count correctly) - and I don't have any characters with a 100 skill point surplus.

The consequence of all of this is that, doing Alchemy, Enchanting & Provisioning writs on one character, Blacksmithing & Clothing on another, and Woodworking, Alchemy & Provisioning on a third, I'm seemingly unable to take advantage of the 'mastery' of all three characters. Instead I have to collect Writ Vouchers on each of them and see which one obtains the number that I need first.

To make sure that my issue is clear, here's a very simple example:

Character 1 (Alchemy, Enchanting, Provisioner) is really lucky! By some blessing of the divines he gets a Master Writ for each of his three professions! Given the values on PTS, lets say that he completes them and is rewarded with 10 Vouchers in total.

Character 2 (Smith, Clothing) is given a Smithing Master Writ:

Rubedite Dagger; Legendary; Death's Wind; Yokudan

At great expense (>180,000 gold!) - he is able to complete the writ, and is awarded with 22 Writ Vouchers (as per PTS).

Character 3 (WW, Alchemy, Prov.) is also lucky and gets 3 writs! He makes his Alchemy and Provisioning items easily - another 4 vouchers. His WW Writ is:

Ruby Ash Shield; Legendary; Infused; Willow's Path; Barbaric

At another great expense (>140,000 gold...) he also completes the writ, and gets 9 (yes - nine) Writ Vouchers (as per PTS).

Now lets look at the summary here:

Expenditure = 320,000+ gold
    Total Writ Voucher gains = 41

The cheapest items on the store (exc. Ebony style gem) cost 25 Writ Vouchers. But that's okay; I've got 45!
    Except... Char 1 has 10, Char 2 has 22 and Char 3 has 13, and they can't share them.

So I've spent 320,000+ gold - an amount that could buy me a very pleasant home - and I'm unable to buy anything with my rewards, because they aren't bankable.

Now I'll tag @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom in here for their generally wonderful proactivity. I'll also pop @ZOS_RichLambert in here, and @Bel_Shezzar because of her (I think?!) incredibly helpful post previously.

In summary:
    How much bloody money do you think I have? There's a gold-sink, then there's putting things out of reach of 99.99% of the playerbase with ridiculous material costs and bizarre rules for Writ Voucher banking. Please, please help us out here.
    Edited by Panth141 on January 11, 2017 3:56PM
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aren't they called Master Writs for a reason and rewards you can buy for the vouchers "rare". Those the costs to make them maybe a bit high
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭
    "Panth141 wrote: »

So I've spent 320,000+ gold - an amount that could buy me a very pleasant home - and I'm unable to buy anything with my rewards, because they aren't bankable.

Wow. I'm on console (no access to PTS). Been playing for about a year and it seems like it has been a slow slog for me (at 300 CP) since my first focus always is crafting dailies. I'm not rich in tempers either. The master writ benefits don't look alluring enough (at the high cost) to blow everything I've saved on a motiff book or 1 attunable crafting station.
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok first off 1 crafter, you have eno ugh skill points to use to be viable in crafting and everything else in the game. Not to mention you can pull your skill points from the research tree when finished. I realize people play different with crafters on different toon, imo I don't see why you would but different strokes. I'm close to having 2 master crafters, only one has all motifs, and since the cs exclusive motifs don't count towards writs no big deal. I can still farm or buy the others.

I don't like the legendary requirements, temps have come down on xbox but still at 13k. And while this may not effect me personally, I can see how it does others. I have plenty of gold upgrade mats because I collect everything. Again not everyones playstyle. They needed a gold sink but this isn't the way to do it.
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't find the comment now but earlier I came across someone's post where they mentioned not being able to bank these. When I created a new character to test somethings I was given a huge inventory and in it there were packs of these master writs. I wanted to see if they were bankable as it was brought up in this thread about banking and trading the. In the PTS I was able to put them into my bank, but only if I did not open them. For this you cannot accept it. You have to be careful to not accept it because it is almost second nature to accept them but there is a goodbye option. There should be a 'Do Not Accept This Writ Request' option so you can clearly make a choice against that rather than accept and goodbye as the pop up for it gives zero information and these might become worth a nice chunk of gold for some of the better ones.

I am uncertain of how many you can keep in your bank at a time. I deleted the test game from my drive before I bothered to do that. Maybe someone could make a new character, get all the goodies and see what they can do with these writs, how many they can save in inventory/store, etc. I would do it myself but it will take ages to download it again for this one little test.

I also was able to have several of these in my character's inventory. I wonder if we could lock them to not use them by mistake. For example if you want to do it but need to get a another research on an item or track down a very rare motif (like the craglorn daily ones or even the undaunteds).

Could we have an option to lock them? I do not know if this is possible and I am sorry it didn't cross my mind to check that.

@ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom is this something that could possibly be added so that should a person get one they want to do, they can hang onto it for when they can do it? For example if they must acquire mats or are waiting to finish up some research?
    Edited by CombatPrayer on January 10, 2017 11:50PM
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So from the look of things, it could take up to 80 Tempering Alloys to learn the plans for an attunable crafting station, assuming they were unlucky enough not to get any that rewarded 125 or 250 writs at a time. And that's only one station that does Blacksmithing, Clothing, or Woodworking. I'm what's considered a "End Game" crafter having amassed a fairly good number of alloys, tanins, and rosins, but there is NO WAY I'm going to waste my mats on those plans. Its obvious that these master crafting writs are so expensive to drive most people in using the crown store instead of actually having fun doing crafting.
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master writs currently feel too rare, and demand too many materials (expensive ones at that) to complete. The rewards also feel way too stingy compared to the cost of completing the quest.

Why is there this need to involve RNG in everything? Couldn't we just get Rollis to do some sort of "master writ certification" when a person reaches craft 50 and then have a board give these quests? If not, please increase the drop rate and lower the requirements of these quests drastically.

If say I want a set craft table, I will need to
    1. Pay, either in terms of gold or materials, to do daily writs at the max level.
    2. Hope that RNG favours me, so I can have a chance of getting a master writ. If not, I have to pay more gold to buy the quest from players. (who even thought this was a good idea...)
    3. Pay EVEN MORE gold and rare materials to do the quest so I can get a paltry number of coupons in return.
    4. Repeat 1-3 many more times so I can get enough to afford the ridiculous prices on the NPC.
    5. Then, after all this, I can buy the RECIPE for the table which guess what, needs EVEN MORE GOLD AND MATERIALS to craft!

And this is for ONE item, one of the few that actually has some gameplay purpose! How is this fun or rewarding at all? It seems that in general the furniture in our houses is going to cost much much more than even the houses themselves, which seems completely backwards and illogical for something that is purely cosmetic in most cases.

Actually, I don't believe it is a recipe you buy for crafting stations, attunable or regular (unless they are changing it from how it currently is on PTS). I bought both types on PTS, attunable and a set of the basic stations, and was able to just put them in my houses. No crafting needed. That said, the cost is still WAY too high and the system is ridiculous.
    I can't find the comment now but earlier I came across someone's post where they mentioned not being able to bank these.

People talked about being unable to bank the vouchers. That is a big deal because most people have crafting spread across characters so each one could only do certain writs, and it would take a lot longer to get anywhere without being able to pool the voucher rewards. The sealed Writs themselves are indeed bankable and tradeable (and will likely be sold by players for outrageous prices).

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question: will the equipment Writs accept Bound items?

For example say I have two sets I use, one for PvE and one for PvP. Say Twice Born Star is one of them, but I'm wearing the other set while doing the Writs, and I get a Master Writ asking for a Twice Born Star piece that just happens to be the same trait and level of upgrade I'm using. Is it possible for me to accidentally turn in that piece, after having worn it and therefor Bound it to me?

I doubt it would be a common complaint but I can see it coming up.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • johu31
    johu31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Panth141 wrote: »
    The requirement for legendary improvement materials - though I can see why it was done - definitely leaves a sour taste in the mouth. As many people have noted, the prices for these materials on console particularly is absolutely ridiculous.

Aside from that, my biggest disappointment is that the Writ Vouchers aren't bankable - I haven't tested this, but it was indicated by an earlier poster. As per @Joy_Division very eloquent post, my crafting 'mastery' is spread across several characters. Setting up a single character who is a 'master' of all crafts would require just short of 100 skill points (97, if I count correctly) - and I don't have any characters with a 100 skill point surplus.

The consequence of all of this is that, doing Alchemy, Enchanting & Provisioning writs on one character, Blacksmithing & Clothing on another, and Woodworking, Alchemy & Provisioning on a third, I'm seemingly unable to take advantage of the 'mastery' of all three characters. Instead I have to collect Writ Vouchers on each of them and see which one obtains the number that I need first.

To make sure that my issue is clear, here's a very simple example:

Character 1 (Alchemy, Enchanting, Provisioner) is really lucky! By some blessing of the divines he gets a Master Writ for each of his three professions! Given the values on PTS, lets say that he completes them and is rewarded with 10 Vouchers in total.

Character 2 (Smith, Clothing) is given a Clothing Master Writ:

Rubedite Dagger; Legendary; Death's Wind; Yokudan

At great expense (>180,000 gold!) - he is able to complete the writ, and is awarded with 22 Writ Vouchers (as per PTS).

Character 3 (WW, Alchemy, Prov.) is also lucky and gets 3 writs! He makes his Alchemy and Provisioning items easily - another 4 vouchers. His WW Writ is:

Ruby Ash Shield; Legendary; Infused; Willow's Path; Barbaric

At another great expense (>140,000 gold...) he also completes the writ, and gets 9 (yes - nine) Writ Vouchers (as per PTS).

Now lets look at the summary here:

Expenditure = 320,000+ gold
    Total Writ Voucher gains = 41

The cheapest items on the store (exc. Ebony style gem) cost 25 Writ Vouchers. But that's okay; I've got 45!
    Except... Char 1 has 10, Char 2 has 22 and Char 3 has 13, and they can't share them.

Now I'll tag @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom in here for their generally wonderful proactivity. I'll also pop @ZOS_RichLambert in here, and @Bel_Shezzar because of her (I think?!) incredibly helpful post previously.

In summary:
    How much bloody money do you think I have? There's a gold-sink, then there's putting things out of reach of 99.99% of the playerbase with ridiculous material costs and bizarre rules for Writ Voucher banking. Please, please help us out here.

It's doesn't sound like they considered the market value of the upgrade items on all platforms. You'll either have to farm mats non stop, or be very rich to complete these requests. Neither caters to the master crafter who knows all motifs and 100% research.