The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Homestead on the PTS

• Ravereth
    Ravereth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, and Happy New Year to everyone!

As you know, we began discussing Homestead – our next update that includes player housing – at the end of last year, and mentioned that it would be coming to the PTS sometime in January. We’re excited to kick off 2017 by publishing Homestead on the PTS this Tuesday, January 3rd! We’ll have all the details and upcoming changes included in the patch notes, which we’ll post on Tuesday during the PTS maintenance.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and we hope to see you on the PTS later this week!

Damn... You're fast, Zeni. Awsome.

giphy.gif
    Edited by Ravereth on January 1, 2017 8:16PM
  • Zallnessa_ESO
    Zallnessa_ESO
    ✭✭
    OMG Woohoooo!!!! I'm so excited!!!
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is the balance patch also being included in this pts?

Yup!

Min/maxers of Tamriel be afraid... be very afraid.

giphy.gif
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super excited for Homestead...

Deeply suspicious when I hear the word "balance" lol...

Yeah, more like nerfage... Champion System made us stronger than they wanted us to be, so now in each major update even despite useable CP cap going up the past two times (currently have 1017 Champion Points (PS4)), they overall nerf players more than buff.

That is of course unless you are an Argonian Tank, hehe...

Yeah lets hope this balance Pass gives the Khajiit Race an Attribute bonus, since they are the only race without one....
    Edited by whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO on January 1, 2017 8:46PM
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My body is ready. Gimme patchnotes.
    Edited by Ashamray on January 1, 2017 8:52PM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit has so many questions!

The cost?
    The ability to use items casually acquired from wardrobes and pockets?
    The hope of being able to hold pool parties in fountains on the exterior of our properties?
    Can we have a pool in the interior of the property yes?
    The number of friends allowed in a house at a time?
    The range of bar and tavern themed furniture included?
    Yarn?
    Can the guards see what this one she does in her own room at The Rosy Lion?
    A personal fishing pond someday perhaps?

Yes Khajiit she plans the parties. Bring them in with their best pockets. Right to Khajiit! For entertainment and light drinks and nothing more of course ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Sigma957 wrote: »
    Awesome can't wait to see what things have changed and to test housing in all it's intricate wonders :smiley:@ZOS_GinaBruno how big will the download be?

It'll be around 4GB.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Dragonking06
    Dragonking06
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit has so many questions!

The cost?
    The ability to use items casually acquired from wardrobes and pockets?
    The hope of being able to hold pool parties in fountains on the exterior of our properties?
    Can we have a pool in the interior of the property yes?
    The number of friends allowed in a house at a time?
    The range of bar and tavern themed furniture included?
    Yarn?
    Can the guards see what this one she does in her own room at The Rosy Lion?
    A personal fishing pond someday perhaps?

Yes Khajiit she plans the parties. Bring them in with their best pockets. Right to Khajiit! For entertainment and light drinks and nothing more of course ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    • No idea. Just have to wait for PTS players to report in.
    • Not sure, but also hopeful for this.
    • Saw a video of someone behind the walls of one of the houses and there was a fountain there, so go nuts I guess?
    • Unlikely.
    • 24 players in the largest house. (Read in an early article.)
    • Probably a few? Likely just the stuff from inns.
    • *Shines a laser pointer up the wall*
    • We saw. We know.
    • And finally, god I hope so, fishing nodes right outside my front door...
    Edited by Dragonking06 on January 1, 2017 9:16PM
    PC - NA Server
    Nora Wolf-bane - Nord - Knight of Alkosh, Tank
    "We both looked into the Abyss. But when it looked back... You blinked."
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very curious to see the houses from the inside. I'm going to buy all of them on the PTS to see which ones I like the best, although I feel like I will end up buying the big Mathiisen one despite not liking Mathiisen. I wish the big Altmer house was near Skywatch instead. Oh well, two of my characters used to live in Mathiisen so I guess it still makes sense.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My pixels are ready!
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let hope 2017 continues like this. Thank for the news Gina
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I have a question . As far as I know , we need achievements to be able to buy houses . Will template characters have those achievements ?

Also will we have only divines for items or will we get more traits like impenetrable ? I was theorycrafting (and will do again this PTS) for PvP and it was painful to play with 0 Critical Resistance . It would be super good if you did that ^^

One more thing , thanks for releasing the PTS earlier than expected !
  • Amyxleexownsxu
    Amyxleexownsxu
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna die of excitement now. Glad I got all this week's homework done so I can just do housing on the PTS. Thanks ZOS you made my week!
    PC/NA Since Beta!
    CP 1165

Main
    Rank 27 EP Khajiit Stamblade | Derosianthe | 26k Achieves

Alts
    EP Redguard Stamcro | Reindallia
    EP Bosmer Stamden | Sathiriel
    EP Imperial Stamplar | Velinaszol
    EP Altmer Magsorc | Ophianthil
    EP Dunmer Magknight | Thelisarcis

Housing Enthusiast/Completionism Nerd
    Blood for the Pact!!!
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NUyttbn.gif?noredirect

Thank you Gina and happy new year! :)

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigma957 wrote: »
    Awesome can't wait to see what things have changed and to test housing in all it's intricate wonders :smiley:@ZOS_GinaBruno how big will the download be?

It'll be around 4GB.

Whoa.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you guys at ZOS SO much!
    I'm so glad that it's going to be out so early this year!!
    It's my mother's birthday on the 3rd of January too!!
    Guess she won't be the only one recieving gifts this Tuesday. X3
    Edited by elven.were_wolf on January 1, 2017 11:47PM
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just send it to live, feedback will be ignored anyways.
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, more like nerfage... Champion System made us stronger than they wanted us to be, so now in each major update even despite useable CP cap going up the past two times (currently have 1017 Champion Points (PS4)), they overall nerf players more than buff.

Yeah lets hope this balance Pass gives the Khajiit Race an Attribute bonus, since they are the only race without one....

Lol at this.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think Khajiits should have the ability to torture skeevers and other small rodents.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I patentily await the balance changes.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Expect crushing disappointment, be optimistic for changes that don't totally empty the population (I preemptively cancelled my sub since it was coming up for renewal and this patch could go so wrong).

I'm expecting a complete mess; would be nice to be wrong.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will wait.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK so I used to have the PTS installed, but had to build a new PC a couple of weeks ago, and as the launcher has changed since I last did it, I cannot find how to download the PTS - want to get it ready for the update on Tuesday!

Any help please?

EDIT: Found it, I think it was a case of "can't see for looking" :o
    Edited by Epona222 on January 2, 2017 3:25AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    OK so I used to have the PTS installed, but had to build a new PC a couple of weeks ago, and as the launcher has changed since I last did it, I cannot find how to download the PTS - want to get it ready for the update on Tuesday!

Any help please?

On the launcher click on the gear icon at the upper right. Enable "Show Public Test Environment"

Happy downloading!
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GMmgmfmgdkfgmfgdfgmmfgmfgmgfgdkasdjkfjskdjfjkg

(hype)
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    Is the balance patch also being included in this pts?

Yup!

Min/maxers of Tamriel be afraid... be very afraid.

giphy.gif

I for one welcome our new MagDK god-mode overlords.

(Time to go gear mine up)
  • Reco
    Reco
    ✭✭✭
    Will the "balancing" mean I shouldn't bother with monster sets anymore? If the "proc sets" dont crit even in PvE, why should I slot two pieces of them? I can go for 5+5+1 (Mael weapon) and it'll be more interesting. Good bye Undaunted dailies.
    Edited by Reco on January 2, 2017 10:47AM
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reco wrote: »
    Will the "balancing" mean I shouldn't bother with monster sets anymore? If the "proc sets" dont crit even in PvE, why should I slot two pieces of them? I can go for 5+5+1 (Mael weapon) and it'll be more interesting. Good bye Undaunted dailies.

If there is nothing to compensate the loss of crit from monster sets in PvE, I will totally go for 5+5+1. The answer to this should be in the patch notes so let's wait for them to be 100% sure.
  • cathyshively101b14_ESO
    Awesomeness
  • Darkheart
    Darkheart
    ✭✭✭
    House pricing is the first thing i'm most interested in. And then how furniture can be crafted and it all works. :smiley:
    Returning Home to Daggerfall.