The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Homestead on the PTS

• Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome news! While I don't play on the PTS, I will be reading the patch notes and everyone's posts/videos on housing for sure! :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm ready to be salty
    #MOREORBS
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkheart wrote: »
    House pricing is the first thing i'm most interested in. And then how furniture can be crafted and it all works. :smiley:

As much as I'm excited about house prices, I wouldn't be surprised if they were sold for 1 gold a piece in PTS. Let the hype carry on!
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • O-Los_Zulis
    O-Los_Zulis
    ✭✭✭
    Sigma957 wrote: »
    Awesome can't wait to see what things have changed and to test housing in all it's intricate wonders :smiley:@ZOS_GinaBruno how big will the download be?

It'll be around 4GB.

Once this goes live, I hope you don't dump the whole 4gb on us all at once. Is the plan is to push some of the fixed datasets out to live client before the release date? Some MMO's 'patchers' do this in the 'background' as you are playing.
    Tyger Blue Eyes

"My words mean nothing if you never listen."

-=15+ Toons=- cp1300+ Master Crafter+ 12+AD 1DC 1EP=-

• Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome can't wait to see what things have changed and to test housing in all it's intricate wonders :smiley:@ZOS_GinaBruno how big will the download be?

It'll be around 4GB.

Once this goes live, I hope you don't dump the whole 4gb on us all at once. Is the plan is to push some of the fixed datasets out to live client before the release date? Some MMO's 'patchers' do this in the 'background' as you are playing.
    Probably because of how big Housing is going to be.
    #MOREORBS
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It'll be around 4GB.

Patching is always the same, you will get the full 4GB at once as usually happens unless ZOS want to try something new.

Thankfully it's around 4GB this time instead of 10+ GB. :smile:.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »

It'll be around 4GB.

Probably because of how big Housing is going to be.

This is not housing but the nerfs that weigh a lot :smiley:
  • Edrein
    Edrein
    ✭✭✭
    Is the balance patch also being included in this pts?

Yup!

I've just finally been able to make a forum account; is the balance patch going to include 'ice magic' (AKA: The datamined readding of the Warden class skill lines?). I love the game but I'm rather sick of the four current classes and would love to change it up.
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    So excited about housing that I downloaded PTS and played for a few hours yesterday even though Homestead is not there yet. To any player thinking about getting involved in the PTS when Homestead drops I just wanted to give you some detail.
    Suggest:
    - use the drop-down at the top left of character build screen. Doing so means you will arrive in game with Uber gold, Mega crowns, more motifs, mats, potions, and crown boosts than you can hold in your inventory and/or bank.
    - expand both of these two maximum. Even doing that you still will not have enough space to unlock all of the character options and buffs available to you.
    - the world into which you are dropped is unknown to you so you can't just pop through wayshrines to anywhere that you want to go. Look for the little "covered wagon" icon on your map to make it easier to get where you want to go quickly. Even so, expect to do a little running so invest all of the crown riding lessons early on. For example, I wanted to get to malabal tor. To do so I had to use the navigator "covered wagon" in Wayrest to get to Grahtwood and then jump another navigator to malabal tor and then mount my horse and run to the Bandari trading center.

Hope these tips help any fellow PTS noobs.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edrein wrote: »

Yup!

I've just finally been able to make a forum account; is the balance patch going to include 'ice magic' (AKA: The datamined readding of the Warden class skill lines?). I love the game but I'm rather sick of the four current classes and would love to change it up.

A new class wouldn't be added through a balance patch like this. It's too big of a deal.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • blur
    blur
    ✭✭✭✭

Yup!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Could you put up the PTS notes today instead of waiting until we can log into the PTS and figure it out for ourselves? It kind of defeats the purpose.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    I'm ready to be salty

When arent you salty?
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    blur wrote: »

Yup!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Could you put up the PTS notes today instead of waiting until we can log into the PTS and figure it out for ourselves? It kind of defeats the purpose.

Theyve addressed this before, they wont put up patch notes until they have everything that would be listed properly loaded in. In the event that something they in PTS wont load properly, they can remove it and rework it for the next PTS update.
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Coming in this month's balance patches, calling it now, they're nerfing magicka sorcs because people complained about stamina sorcs.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    any chance you can change battle spirit in cyrodiil to toggleable buff with 3(or more) choices( only 1 can be active at the time), like sigils in maelstrom arena, on top of 50% outgoing damage decrease for every1

options e.g
    1) reduce your damage vs players by further 20% but increase all recoveries by 35%, increase all stats by 10%, reduce critical damage received
    2) increase your healing by 20% and shield strenghts by 10%, decrease incomming damage by 5%, decrease damage done by 20%, increase all recoveries by 20%
    3) increase your damage by 10%, decrease your recoveries by 20%, increase your ulti regeneration by 1p/s in combat , increase your crit damage by 10%, increase sneak damage by 10%

would help to differentiate holy trinity and or allow some more hybrid builds
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope that part of the balance update will be that daggers increase spell crit as well as weapon crit.... the fact that i have 2 sharpened daggers from the set i have been farming and no sharpend sword is a complete coincidence!
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really hope that part of the balance update will be that daggers increase spell crit as well as weapon crit.... the fact that i have 2 sharpened daggers from the set i have been farming and no sharpend sword is a complete coincidence!

I hope all dual wield will become usefull for magicka users.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

I hope all dual wield will become usefull for magicka users.

true!
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    Reco wrote: »
    Will the "balancing" mean I shouldn't bother with monster sets anymore? If the "proc sets" dont crit even in PvE, why should I slot two pieces of them? I can go for 5+5+1 (Mael weapon) and it'll be more interesting. Good bye Undaunted dailies.

If there is nothing to compensate the loss of crit from monster sets in PvE, I will totally go for 5+5+1. The answer to this should be in the patch notes so let's wait for them to be 100% sure.
    I'm interested to see how this goes also, as someone who has never bothered with the monster proc sets. I have just kitted out my newest character with 5+5+1 and am very happy with the results in PVE.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Xeroxed
    Xeroxed
    ✭✭✭
    In a way I'm dreading the fact that this is so fast after the holidays - it feels like they're rushing things when I'd rather they take their time to do them better out of the gate. Too many lingering bugs that I have no clue as to whether they're working on them or even have them on their radar (like my Heavy Belt of the Pariah STILL not showing up at all when my character is wearing it, and I sent in a bug report ages ago I thought). I know that a steady flow of new content is important to keep a strong player base and all, it's just REALLY hard to keep the faith right now between their Crown Store decisions as of late and rather obvious bugs that have been around for ages that haven't been addressed (like the one where the character model runs on top of the mount at times? I mean c'mon).

That said I'm looking forward to seeing the housing system, hopefully they won't disappoint with this one.
    More of me on the 'Net: Julia Grammer
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeroxed wrote: »
    In a way I'm dreading the fact that this is so fast after the holidays - it feels like they're rushing things when I'd rather they take their time to do them better out of the gate. Too many lingering bugs that I have no clue as to whether they're working on them or even have them on their radar (like my Heavy Belt of the Pariah STILL not showing up at all when my character is wearing it, and I sent in a bug report ages ago I thought). I know that a steady flow of new content is important to keep a strong player base and all, it's just REALLY hard to keep the faith right now between their Crown Store decisions as of late and rather obvious bugs that have been around for ages that haven't been addressed (like the one where the character model runs on top of the mount at times? I mean c'mon).

That said I'm looking forward to seeing the housing system, hopefully they won't disappoint with this one.

They were ready before the end of the year. They simply put Homestead on the shelf until they got back to full strength after the holidays. My guess is that if it had not been for holidays, they would have dropped it on PTS a week or two ago.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel a little like a kid on Christmas. Please be a lego set please be a lego set, please don't be sweater.

I'm excited to pick out my house, have a dps test dummy for the first time since Ninglenele to answer some of the questions I have about the new item sets, and see if those proc sets are going to be worth a darn (being a magica NB I really doubt it).

My wish list:
    -Please end Cheat engine
    -Please fix useful weapon drop rates for the new sets and for vMA / vDSA
    -Please make infal proc for all heavy and light attacks and only proc once for shock staves.
    -Now that we have a reason to use it please automatically switch pts over every week from EU to NA and back and grab new account images each week so that it becomes a valuable theory crafting tool.
    -Storage and quick change dummies (hit button to drop off a whole gear set or pick one up) in housing.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    Eager to see what the balance team has cooked up for 2017. They have made so many great improvements over the years, and have managed some of the fastest response to player feedback I've seen in a long while. Here's to hoping for a new build to be excited about and some actual content to use it in.
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keen to see the changes to cold skills and how viable it will be....

Plus seeing this is the housing update can't wait to see the Templar House skill changes, this is our patch!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    Unless mirage/evasion and morphs have the same duration as shields, I call BS on balance :tongue:
    RIP Ellania Delome
    June 9, 2015-June 14, 2016
    A skilled crafter, competent sorcerer, and denizen of the night
    Along came the Dark Brotherhood and summarily ended it all
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plus seeing this is the housing update can't wait to see the Templar House skill changes, this is our patch!
    I hope too that Homestead update will allow templars to finally build their small portable house anywhere in Cyro.
  • Hellsbunnies
    Hellsbunnies
    ✭✭✭
    Do we have a time for the PTS update? Will it be after the mainenance?
    Most known on PC EU server as The Samurai Pizza Cat.
    Twitter @HellsbunniesTV
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Banner says 10:00AM EST, i.e. pts maintenance will start in 6 hours from this post.
  • Hellsbunnies
    Hellsbunnies
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

Banner says 10:00AM EST, i.e. pts maintenance will start in 6 hours from this post.

What? Am I expected to actually do some work, for the next six hours or something? This is wholly unacceptable! :open_mouth:
    *flounces*
    Cheers mate.
    Most known on PC EU server as The Samurai Pizza Cat.
    Twitter @HellsbunniesTV
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just hoping they use actual pricing, so we know what the cost on Live will be.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil