The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Homestead on the PTS

• Hellsbunnies
    Hellsbunnies
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just hoping they use actual pricing, so we know what the cost on Live will be.

The same here. I'll be doing a couple of videos and articles off this, so I hope the pricing is accurate. I've been saving gold for the last six months!
    Most known on PC EU server as The Samurai Pizza Cat.
    Twitter @HellsbunniesTV
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see the balance changes, buffs and nerfs.
    I hope, this pts release goes more smoothly than the last one and that we don't have to wait too long until they publish the patchnotes. :)
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Expect crushing disappointment, be optimistic for changes that don't totally empty the population (I preemptively cancelled my sub since it was coming up for renewal and this patch could go so wrong).

Yup, I did the same when I heard about the proc set nerf. Haven't started the game since. If it's actually true that all my farming of Undaunted keys and Viper set parts was in vain, it'll stay that way it'll be time to move on to another game.

Let's hope that the dev team will be able to avoid a complete blunder like that.
    Edited by Loc2262 on January 3, 2017 10:29AM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Assilma
    Assilma
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to reading the first major patch notes since I returned to ESO ;p
    I'm back!
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just hoping they use actual pricing, so we know what the cost on Live will be.

The same here. I'll be doing a couple of videos and articles off this, so I hope the pricing is accurate. I've been saving gold for the last six months!

I haven't got much saved...stupid nirnhoned :neutral: I may need to go on a massive stealing spree.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • Kevin_of_Devinshire
    I'm camping my favorite house and just finishing some work.

x8xROz-hGFkweUflMlPeF9pjONOmsGIsDMEI9HGQGIE?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3
  • Hellsbunnies
    Hellsbunnies
    ✭✭✭
    A thought just occurs to me, we'll probably not get the house prices as purchases in PTS generally cost one gold (unless we get million and millions of gold).
    Twitter @HellsbunniesTV
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A thought just occurs to me, we'll probably not get the house prices as purchases in PTS generally cost one gold (unless we get million and millions of gold).

It's likely we'll get the prices in gold as you are given ~10mil with each template so you can get as much gold as you like.

Crowns however, everything costs one Crown, so we won't know for sure.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is probably so yes and as this is top of the list of things many wish to know this one she hopes they might be good enough to let us know in either these patch notes or before launch at least yes.

This one assumes they at least have an idea of what the pricing it may be.

Khajiit may need some time to 'acquire' the necessary funds ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when is PTS supposed to be updated today????

• jasann
    jasann
    ✭✭✭
    3PM GMT maintenance starts on PTS
  • Hellsbunnies
    Hellsbunnies
    ✭✭✭

@SantieClaws

*waggles halloy paw*

I just want a hutch to call my own!

@Paulington

Please don't say ten mil. :pensive:

Twitter @HellsbunniesTV
  • Hellsbunnies
    Hellsbunnies
    ✭✭✭
    PTS is up but not updated.
    Twitter @HellsbunniesTV
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably it was just unavailable perhaps while the rest of PC Tamriel it was asleep?

Realistically khajiit is not expecting it to be a quick update and is not expecting to get any testing done tonight.

This one she does though look forward to perusing the Natch Potes later on today.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭

and they dropped the yellow banner that earlier this morning said PTS update is 10 AM EST Strange..

nvm
    Edited by Fudly_budly on January 3, 2017 1:16PM
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maintenance hasn't even started yet.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i get into pts but cant see anything its all black
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a hype thread? You know what that means!
    IcOqh.jpg

Cinbri wrote: »
    I really hope that part of the balance update will be that daggers increase spell crit as well as weapon crit.... the fact that i have 2 sharpened daggers from the set i have been farming and no sharpend sword is a complete coincidence!
    I hope all dual wield will become usefull for magicka users.
    If you've got a dagger in both hands, how are you going to be casting any spells?
    Kids these days... no concept of the simple basics of spellcasting... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Gold prices are usually as-is. It's Crown Store stuff that all costs 1 Crown. Although Crates were full price, so maybe they'll keep houses full price too, so we can see what they are.
    Edited by Enodoc on January 3, 2017 1:47PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Hellsbunnies
    Hellsbunnies
    ✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »

No, it was down earlier on, with the maintenance banner on the launcher.
    Twitter @HellsbunniesTV
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »

No, it was down earlier on, with the maintenance banner on the launcher.

Maintenance for live was done, the one for PTS hasn't started and is scheduled for 10am EST.

You have a large yellow banner up there^
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Gold prices are usually as-is. It's Crown Store stuff that all costs 1 Crown. Although Crates were full price, so maybe they'll keep houses full price too, so we can see what they are.

We generally start with some insanely huge amount of gold, too.

Hopefully, they won't decide to keep the actual housing prices a secret until the last minute, but it is possible that they (1) don't know what they will cost, or (2) don't want us to be able to prepare for them.

With Crown Crates, of course they wanted us to know so that people would know how many Crowns to buy.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Crown Crates, of course they wanted us to know so that people would know how many Crowns to buy.

I think they also wanted to limit the number of crates we would be able to buy on the PTS so that we couldn't get accurate drop rates from it. Yes, I know the drop rates on the PTS do not matter, they can be changed at any time, etc etc, but if we were all able to test by opening 5500 crates a day instead of 13 a day we would have more fuel to oppose them.
    Edited by Abeille on January 3, 2017 2:13PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

I think they also wanted to limit the number of crates we would be able to buy on the PTS so that we couldn't get accurate drop rates from it. Yes, I know the drop rates on the PTS do not matter, they can be changed at any time, etc etc, but if we were all able to test by opening 5500 crates a day instead of 13 a day we would have more fuel to oppose them.

That is more likely I think, yes.

There's not really any harm in letting us see the gold price of the houses. People have prepped a ton already, the economy on the live servers has been depressed ever since we found out they are bought with gold as people are hoarding it in preparation for housing.

The question is whether the Crown price has been finalised, but even if it has they will still likely be one Crown on the PTS.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Launcher update detected...
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit would love to see a, bleeped where required, video of the 20 minutes before the severs go down and then come up again with something new.

This one she wonders if it really is like movie NASA with lots of big screens and pacing and coffee and anxious spouses and maybe even a countdown yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• Hellsbunnies
    Hellsbunnies
    ✭✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »

Yup and server down in ten minutes. :P
    Twitter @HellsbunniesTV
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »

I was hoping we would get the server light back with it :(
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Khajiit would love to see a, bleeped where required, video of the 20 minutes before the severs go down and then come up again with something new.

This one she wonders if it really is like movie NASA with lots of big screens and pacing and coffee and anxious spouses and maybe even a countdown yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Not as much with PTS, but this is essentially what it's like when we publish a new update/DLC to the live servers! When we have a big publish to the PTS, though, a lot of the devs anxiously await the natch potes publish so they can watch everyone's reactions. It's fun. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Page 5 please? :)
  • SG_Celerrimus
    SG_Celerrimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Not as much with PTS, but this is essentially what it's like when we publish a new update/DLC to the live servers! When we have a big publish to the PTS, though, a lot of the devs anxiously await the natch potes publish so they can watch everyone's reactions. It's fun. :)

Speaking of natch potes...... Natch Potes?