Update 13 - Sneak peak notes

• SunfireKnight86
    SunfireKnight86
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every time I get back on this thread I'm amazed at how many people are using the same arguments ad nasueum.

PEOPLE WILL QUIT!

CRIT IS USELESS NOW!

I HAVE TO EXPLAIN THING TO NEW PLAYERS!

This is why devs don't bother reading forums. Instead of measured discussion you weirdos jump to the most random, unlikely chain of events possible. You attack them. You *** constantly. YOU are the reason nobody listens to you.
    Options
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, good luck with this.
    Edited by xXSilverDragonXx on December 28, 2016 11:33PM
    Options
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [
    Every time I get back on this thread I'm amazed at how many people are using the same arguments ad nasueum.

PEOPLE WILL QUIT!

CRIT IS USELESS NOW!

This is why devs don't bother reading forums. Instead of measured discussion you weirdos jump to the most random, unlikely chain of events possible. You attack them. You *** constantly. YOU are the reason nobody listens to you.

Crit are not useless, but its useless on proc sets, that cannot be argued :)

I already have a bunch of other options in mind with current sets, even though I'm pretty sure other sets will come or be changed with the patch. But I can tell you right now, none of those sets are proc sets. And this change will make proc sets alot worse for sure. I personally dont have any problem with them changing proc sets, but I do think they do it the wrong way.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
    Options
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PEOPLE WILL QUIT!

CRIT IS USELESS NOW!

If devs don't read the forums why did they suddenly decide to change proc sets right when PVPers where screaming for changes in them after the Tam One release gave some sets that were wrecking them? Sorry but that doesnt' seem like it's wrong.
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just playing ESO critting with my monster set and I just realised I wont be able to do it anymore. And I got pretty upset
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    I was just playing ESO critting with my monster set and I just realised I wont be able to do it anymore. And I got pretty upset

But nifty, their overperforming!

You cant have nice things because any time you do I can make up a reason to take it away!
    Options
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can understand what some of you are saying that the Proc sets should not define the build and that we should depend more on our skills. However, my thoughts are that the best builds are a combination of skills, gear, and experience. It takes a considerable amount of time, gold, and study to make your build the best it can be. Whenever ZOS makes a major change like this that can invalidate the gear you made to gold level and farmed until your eyes bleed, then it pisses you off. What makes it worse is they have done this for about the last two updates. It gets to the point where you just don't care anymore and farming new gear is too much of a chore instead of enjoying the game.
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its funny to see so many people whine, when the full patch notes haven't been released. Its also pretty easy to see the players who see how this proc set change could be beneficial to both PvE and PvP and those who think they should work at ZOS.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • eagles9595b16_ESO
    eagles9595b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Crit are useless ?

Go do direfrost end boss with a proper tank and no crit on set or moster set.. good luck !
    Tell your wife you'll be late for dinner.

After the patch, we'll see how DLC dungeon pledge hard mode or trials vet will be completed...

Options
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    The way I see it with the proc nerf to PVE, they are basically killing content more than anything. When it comes to end-game dps, the majority of people I know are still wearing a 5 piece trial or dungeon set like VO/Burning Spellweave, a 5 piece TBS set, and vMA weapons. So for these people, the change to proc damage won't do a thing. The people it will affect are those who may not have maelstrom weapons and like to run a monster set to have almost comparable damage.

I am that way on some of my builds. I have a stam set-up that is 5 VO/5 Night Mother's Gaze with random monster set to fit my needs. When it is trial DPS, I tend to run Velidreth, Kragh, or Selene. It is still not quite up there with 5 VO/5 TBS/vMA weapons, but it is good enough to change things up a little and have some build diversity.

Problem being, if they make this change and fail to re-balance the damage numbers for many of these sets, they will fall even further behind the meta. This will cause both a loss in build diversity and a loss in people running content (daily pledges) to obtain these sets because they become useless.

TL:DR - Without a serious amount of changes and re-balancing to proc sets to go along with the crit nerf, this will kill build diversity and pledge running in PVE while having no major impact on its target PVP!
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
    Options
  • eagles9595b16_ESO
    eagles9595b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    That's being said, the solution is simple !

Some trials set give bonus against dungeon or trials mobs
    Some PVP set givebonus against players.

I may be wrong but to me it means that there is a possibility to identify where the player is and against who he's fighting (PVE mobs or PVP players).

Solution : remove all proc on any set in PVP only.
    No more 1 shoot death due to monster / armor set proc and no impact on PVE.

Apply that until you find a better solution that the one you intend to apply
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 pages and I'm still stuck in combat . Do we really need to wait a whole patch for a fix .
    Options
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to voice my concern being a player that PvEs and PvPs.

The nerf to proc sets is a mistake for PvE. My current build runs viper and nightmothers/tbs in PvE because I dont want to run the stam DPS Meta (med div Kraughs and 3 or more pieces of Vicious Serpent). So why make a major change whose only result will force MORE players to play with a single build in PvE? Moreover, for the "newer" players you so desire to keep, it is much easier for them to acquire decent proc gear and still run with good groups (harder from the to get raid gear though). But so much for diversity of options - something the proc gear offers. And what happened to your cheesy " play as you want" goal?

I do not run viper in PvP so I think this move is going in the right direction, but not if its at the expense of quality PvE.

Also, we all know that all you care about in PvP is the lag caused by large groups (you think stacking is the sole problem lol). Changing the aoe cap, like Vicious Death set and cheapening the Alliance skill line so players get Magicka Det sooner, will also backfire and not correct the problem. Why not get better servers and allow large scale battles like you originally promised?
    MMAGA - We Made Medium Armor Great Again
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule
    Options
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rest in peace undaunted pledges

For a while now they have been slowly dying with crap traits and a hefty blow was delt by the cyrodiil vendor

This nerf is you last resting place

Amen
    Options
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Riggsy wrote: »
    I want to voice my concern being a player that PvEs and PvPs.

The nerf to proc sets is a mistake for PvE. My current build runs viper and nightmothers/tbs in PvE because I dont want to run the stam DPS Meta (med div Kraughs and 3 or more pieces of Vicious Serpent). So why make a major change whose only result will force MORE players to play with a single build in PvE? Moreover, for the "newer" players you so desire to keep, it is much easier for them to acquire decent proc gear and still run with good groups (harder from the to get raid gear though). But so much for diversity of options - something the proc gear offers. And what happened to your cheesy " play as you want" goal?

I do not run viper in PvP so I think this move is going in the right direction, but not if its at the expense of quality PvE.

Also, we all know that all you care about in PvP is the lag caused by large groups (you think stacking is the sole problem lol). Changing the aoe cap, like Vicious Death set and cheapening the Alliance skill line so players get Magicka Det sooner, will also backfire and not correct the problem. Why not get better servers and allow large scale battles like you originally promised?

Pve is now almost completely useless

Maybe trials will be done by players, but i doubt it after all the nerfs

No need for anything in pve now, its just a farm fest yet again to replace broken and nerfed sets from the previos patches

No need for quests

No need for delves

Maybe duelling in pve was a good idea after all, at least your in a pve zone, doing pvp. Thats something i guess

Before long the eso life support machine will be turned off and we can all have ice cream
    Options
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im just glad i have nearly done everything in the game, so i can quit with the game finished.

Eso is a shadow of its former self. Its quite sad really
    Options
  • SkylarkX
    SkylarkX
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is just another potato patch which doesn't actually solve the problem with proc sets..

Experienced pvpers already run impen (or shields which can't be crit) so the primary beneficiaries are players who don't. The real issue is proc stacking and procs that occur when they shouldn't (e.g. viper proccing from ranged attacks).

One day ZOS will get it right, today is not that day.. @ZOS_RichLambert
    Nocturnal - Oceanic PvX Guild
    Skylärk / Dunmer DK
    Skylårk / Bosmer NB
    Skylörd / Khajiit Sorcerer
    Elizabeth Skylark / Breton Templar
    PC/NA/AD
    Options
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkylarkX wrote: »
    This is just another potato patch which doesn't actually solve the problem with proc sets..

Experienced pvpers already run impen (or shields which can't be crit) so the primary beneficiaries are players who don't. The real issue is proc stacking and procs that occur when they shouldn't (e.g. viper proccing from ranged attacks).

One day ZOS will get it right, today is not that day.. @ZOS_RichLambert

Zos wont ever get it right, they are a pitiful excuse for a company. 7 years in the making and 2 years of broken fixes and the game is still broken af.

They need putting out thier misery and so does eso
    Options
  • Lakeh
    Lakeh
    ✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »
    Worst patch for PvE . Best patch for PvP . I don't like it .

Its the only patch that has done anything good for pvp balancing. This is how we've felt almost every patch, just saying.
    PC EU Player

Artis
    Injustice
    Streaking Sorcerers
    Astrum Herois Member

Options
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For once in the life #ZOS please listen to the PVE players and leave us alone in peace. We dont need the PVP changes... PVP ers do but we not. We already losed too much thanks to keep alive the laggy pvp...
    Options
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kerioko wrote: »
    The way I see it with the proc nerf to PVE, they are basically killing content more than anything. When it comes to end-game dps, the majority of people I know are still wearing a 5 piece trial or dungeon set like VO/Burning Spellweave, a 5 piece TBS set, and vMA weapons. So for these people, the change to proc damage won't do a thing. The people it will affect are those who may not have maelstrom weapons and like to run a monster set to have almost comparable damage.

I am that way on some of my builds. I have a stam set-up that is 5 VO/5 Night Mother's Gaze with random monster set to fit my needs. When it is trial DPS, I tend to run Velidreth, Kragh, or Selene. It is still not quite up there with 5 VO/5 TBS/vMA weapons, but it is good enough to change things up a little and have some build diversity.

Problem being, if they make this change and fail to re-balance the damage numbers for many of these sets, they will fall even further behind the meta. This will cause both a loss in build diversity and a loss in people running content (daily pledges) to obtain these sets because they become useless.

TL:DR - Without a serious amount of changes and re-balancing to proc sets to go along with the crit nerf, this will kill build diversity and pledge running in PVE while having no major impact on its target PVP!

A perfect example here are me using poisoned serpent 5 piece, which is already far away from meta. Its like they remake and make new sets, and then all theese nice sets are just laying around or being deconstructed. Main reason I am in the game, are due to the theorycraftings. With theese changes, the gap between meta builds and none meta builds are getting bigger and bigger.
    Edited by OrphanHelgen on December 29, 2016 1:25AM
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
    Options
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also posting that 7-8% is no biggie with a bad warhorn rotation is just silly. Especially when people farmed minor Slayer.

However the real number will be more towards 4% as no trial player is wearing only proc sets. So we will be getting a 3-4% DPS nerf to magicka, stamina will see a smaller nerf as kraghs real benefit is the pen. But still a 4% decrease is not going to nerf anyone to the ground, but if it's so insignificant why do it? Why break CRIT up to affecting this or that? Or why stop at CRIT for proc sets, why not take it out of all outside sources of damage like spell or weapon damage, and max stats?

Just a silly band-aid that isn't even really applied on the actual wound. Which is CRIT set stacking.... Ahh silly zos

So much truth here.

"Oh guys the change is so minor you will never feel it!"

Then why the *** do it then. It will not fix anything. Just *** a lot of people off while you pretend you tried but o look it did not work.
    Options
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Is something utterly broken in PvP? Well we have the fix for you! Using our very smart developer minds, we have come up with the perfect solution. We remove proc set crits in PvE to prevent them from being broken in PvP." - ZOS
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
    World's First Dawnbringer
    World's Third Godslayer
    World's Second Immortal Redeemer
    World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
    vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
    vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
    vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
    vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
    vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor
    vAS - 4D (PC NA) - 117,014 - 2:41 Stonethorn
    vCR - Calamity (PC NA) - 136,091 - 3:45 Stonethorn
    vSS - 4D (PC NA) - 255,552 - 21:34 Greymoor
    vKA - 4D (PC NA) - 247,292 - 16:19 Greymoor
    vRG - Calamity (PC NA) - 301,438 - 24:21 Blackwood
    Options
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The proc sets have been massively overpowered since inception. When a set item can be as much as 20-30% of you damage in pve. Or 75% on an encounter in pvp. It needs changing.
    But, the current state of pvp will need a lot more than just removing crit from proc sets to rebalance it. I've been running a viper, selene proctard in trueflame while running solo. It is the only thing that will let me in and out before their 10 friends roll me. I have many other chars I would rather play, but get frustrated by the massive zerg. But, by playing a proctard I can easily drop zerg leaders and bail.

But, I'm more looking to the changes in AOE caps. Maybe we can break up some of the notorious zergling groups in trueflame.
    Options
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    As bad as all of this might end up being, I'm more concerned about the constant crashes and the never ending lag. I'm a sub and I've purchased crowns for no other reason than to support the game (because I don't even want any of the stuff that they sell), but I honestly don't know how I can keep supporting the game when I spend more time restarting my console then actually playing.
    Options
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    give us a peak on how your going to fix the VMA weapons drops, and allow stormproof to trade with each other or do 5-1 or what ever swap for the 100's of useless weapons we currently have from running it!
    Options
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As bad as all of this might end up being, I'm more concerned about the constant crashes and the never ending lag. I'm a sub and I've purchased crowns for no other reason than to support the game (because I don't even want any of the stuff that they sell), but I honestly don't know how I can keep supporting the game when I spend more time restarting my console then actually playing.

The game still crashes on console...? Damn bruh. I was hoping that some sort of hotfix or patch would've been put forward by now to at least ease some of the poor performance on console, but I suppose I was mistaken. Haven't played in a long time, so I'm out of the loop in that regards. Though it's very discouraging to know that.

Sheesh ZOS. Are you trying to kill your own game, and make your playerbase revile you? You have yet to fix performance apparently on console, and with changes like what you have planned for proc-based sets no longer being able to crit — you just keep shooting yourself in the foot.

I said it before months ago, and I'll say it again. I highly doubt you all actually play your own game, because if you did...? A lot of this nonsense wouldn't be occurring. One step forward, five steps backward.
    Options
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

The game still crashes on console...? Damn bruh. I was hoping that some sort of hotfix or patch would've been put forward by now to at least ease some of the poor performance on console, but I suppose I was mistaken. Haven't played in a long time, so I'm out of the loop in that regards. Though it's very discouraging to know that.

Sheesh ZOS. Are you trying to kill your own game, and make your playerbase revile you? You have yet to fix performance apparently on console, and with changes like what you have planned for proc-based sets no longer being able to crit — you just keep shooting yourself in the foot.

I said it before months ago, and I'll say it again. I highly doubt you all actually play your own game, because if you did...? A lot of this nonsense wouldn't be occurring. One step forward, five steps backward.

Yup. Seems worse then ever for me actually. Only when I'm in Cyro though, but since I pretty much PVP exclusively .....
    Options
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don't get it, why are they nerfing Fatebringer, Black Hammer and Gjallarhorn to bring balance to the Crucible?
    Oh wait, that was the pointless pvp nerfing of pve i quit the last game for, my bad
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
    Options
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you guys reveal more info? Like buffing up Magnbs?
    Options