The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Quit your BS with the TTC pricing add on for PC...

• Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This addon is rubbish, it sends you to the wrong merchant, the guild they say is supposed to be there never is. Its the least reliable trade addon out there, stick to MM.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betheny wrote: »
    This addon is rubbish, it sends you to the wrong merchant, the guild they say is supposed to be there never is. Its the least reliable trade addon out there, stick to MM.

You sure you have the right server selected? If you're in PC/NA, the PC/EU listings won't do you much good, and will result in issues like you're describing.

Also worth remembering, if something is the cheapest listing on TTC for your server, there's a real possibility it won't be around for long. It's not uncommon to check TTC and then find the first few listings have already sold.
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTC has really been of immeasurable help the couple times I've wanted to track down really specific gear pieces. I typically sort by date seen, and focus on checking the guild stores where the item was last seen "now". Because MANY other people are doing this, there have been a few times that what I'm looking for is no longer there, so I go to the next listing.

I don't mind traveling around to every kiosk in the game when I'm just browsing for nothing in particular, but when I want something specific, and I've already exhausted my own guild stores, TTC is where I turn for help.

More annoying (to me) than an item being sold by the time I get there is that there seems to be quite a few duplicate listings on the website. That's bad for buyers, and it's bad for sellers using this tool to help determine pricing.

minor edits for grammar
    Edited by sylviermoone on July 26, 2017 12:48AM
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You sure you have the right server selected? If you're in PC/NA, the PC/EU listings won't do you much good, and will result in issues like you're describing.

Also worth remembering, if something is the cheapest listing on TTC for your server, there's a real possibility it won't be around for long. It's not uncommon to check TTC and then find the first few listings have already sold.

Yes of course I'm sure - the addon just doesn't work. Has BS information.

As I said - the guild doesn't even have a merchant there in that area...let alone at the merchant they claim to have it listed at. And this is about a listing that was just posted, not one that had been there a while.

The whole addon is bogus.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As I said - the guild doesn't even have a merchant there in that area...let alone at the merchant they claim to have it listed at. And this is about a listing that was just posted, not one that had been there a while.

@Bethany, that really sounds like you selected the wrong server when you were looking it up on the site. It's information isn't 100% up to date at any given moment, but it is, generally accurate. In fact, I've used it recently to find specific items. So, it clearly does work. Rather well, in fact.

The amusing irony is, if you're not selling anything, you don't even need the addon. The website will cover your needs quite nicely... if you can take a moment to figure out how to use the search function, anyway.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More annoying (to me) than an item being sold by the time I get there is that there seems to be quite a few duplicate listings on the website. That's bad for buyers, and it's bad for sellers using this tool to help determine pricing.

Usually with these, I'm left wondering if there's some glitch, where it doesn't properly cull duplicate entries if the user uploaded it, and then another user scanned it shortly after that.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Bethany, that really sounds like you selected the wrong server when you were looking it up on the site. It's information isn't 100% up to date at any given moment, but it is, generally accurate. In fact, I've used it recently to find specific items. So, it clearly does work. Rather well, in fact.

The amusing irony is, if you're not selling anything, you don't even need the addon. The website will cover your needs quite nicely... if you can take a moment to figure out how to use the search function, anyway.

I used the website, not the addon.

I was searching on the correct server on the website.

The addon doesn't work if the information it sends to website is incorrect...either that or the addon authors are faking their information to do what the OP says (fix prices).
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The addon doesn't work if the information it sends to website is incorrect...either that or the addon authors are faking their information to do what the OP says (fix prices).

Then clearly this is a user error on your end, or more people would be reporting this issue. You do understand that you're not the only one using the site, right? If you're looking to get something cheaply, you're in competition with anyone who walks past the kiosk, and everyone using the site, meaning some stuff will be gone before you get there.

Also, seriously get an addon like AwesomeGuildStore, it makes searching the kiosks way faster.
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't care about whatever gripes you have with this. It's great. I've gotten many items for extraordinarily cheap thanks to it. Charge a reasonable price and you won't have an issue selling. ~Pibb
    Edited by ThePrinceOfBargains on July 26, 2017 7:18PM
  • Kurkikohtaus
    Kurkikohtaus
    ✭✭✭
    I am not a fan of TTC, I do not use the add on and only occasionally check the website if I need to buy something specific, but if only to play devils advocate, the add on DOES do its job SPECIFICALLY in the context that the OP is griping about.

Someone tries to sell something in zone chat, while someone else points out that the item is CURRENTLY on sale at a lower price. It doesn't matter if there is one such item, 12 such items or duplicate listings returned by TTC. The point is that there IS an item CURRENTLY listed at a lower price.

This is like real shopping. A street vendor offers you a watch for 50, you pull out your phone and see that a shop down the street is selling the same watch for 39.99. Or in this case, a random passer-by pulls out his phone and tells you that information. With all its inherent flaws, TTC empowers the buyer.
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did I write that slooowly enough for you to understand this time?

[snip]

There are other possibilities (without knowing the addon or using it. and I won't install this one as well). Anyway, at this point I doubt any discussion would make much sense as you would ignore my arguments anyway, right? ;)

[Edited for flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on July 27, 2017 1:37PM
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Then clearly this is a user error on your end, or more people would be reporting this issue.

Other people do report the issue, the OP reports the issue, why are you in this thread if you can't be bothered reading what people are writing?
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then clearly this is a user error on your end, or more people would be reporting this issue.

Other people do report the issue, the OP reports the issue, why are you in this thread if you can't be bothered reading what people are writing?

lol this is awesome. [snip] Oh man, this is gold :)

And yet, you still lack some technical knowledge to fully understand all of this, while it might be true that the website contains invalid data.

[Edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on July 27, 2017 1:39PM
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not a fan of TTC, I do not use the add on and only occasionally check the website if I need to buy something specific, but if only to play devils advocate, the add on DOES do its job SPECIFICALLY in the context that the OP is griping about.

Someone tries to sell something in zone chat, while someone else points out that the item is CURRENTLY on sale at a lower price. It doesn't matter if there is one such item, 12 such items or duplicate listings returned by TTC. The point is that there IS an item CURRENTLY listed at a lower price.

This is like real shopping. A street vendor offers you a watch for 50, you pull out your phone and see that a shop down the street is selling the same watch for 39.99. Or in this case, a random passer-by pulls out his phone and tells you that information. With all its inherent flaws, TTC empowers the buyer.

While this is true, it does get out of hand sometimes. Though, usually, when that happens, it's someone with MM data that they're latching on to blindly. I kinda suspect the separate .exe, combined with the additional technical threshold to get TTC working, cuts out a lot of that kind of user who takes MM data as gospel.
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While this is true, it does get out of hand sometimes. Though, usually, when that happens, it's someone with MM data that they're latching on to blindly. I kinda suspect the separate .exe, combined with the additional technical threshold to get TTC working, cuts out a lot of that kind of user who takes MM data as gospel.

Might be... Having to run an additional exe file for an addon is an absolute no-go in my personal opinion.

There are other issues with it as well, respectively the data collected and how it is worked with the data. That is problematic as soon as third party services are involved.

Addons:
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Might be... Having to run an additional exe file for an addon is an absolute no-go in my personal opinion.

There are other issues with it as well, respectively the data collected and how it is worked with the data. That is problematic as soon as third party services are involved.

Yeah, that's an entirely reasonable position. What I honestly laugh at, and will usually say as much in zone, is when you've got someone citing their MM data when they're not in a public guild. Or when their MM data is just botched. I remember seeing someone flip out over an offer of tempers in chat, because their MM data was stupidly low. 200-something, I think. Zone massacred that guy.
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that's an entirely reasonable position. What I honestly laugh at, and will usually say as much in zone, is when you've got someone citing their MM data when they're not in a public guild. Or when their MM data is just botched. I remember seeing someone flip out over an offer of tempers in chat, because their MM data was stupidly low. 200-something, I think. Zone massacred that guy.

Yes, but to be honest, If I want to manipulate the market or come up with fake data it might be easier by using an addon that relies on a third party instead of using MM. But again, I don't want to go into detail here.

Addons:
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are other possibilities (without knowing the addon or using it. and I won't install this one as well). Anyway, at this point I doubt any discussion would make much sense as you would ignore my arguments anyway, right? ;)

Stray bit of weirdness, TTC is an addon that's, arguably, more useful without installing it.

TTC does three things, except the addon only does two of them: It allows you to scan and upload the contents of a guild store with a public kiosk, and it generates a price range based on the number of examples of that item for sale in public kiosks.

The first one is useful, but it doesn't require you to do it.

The second one is not. Think of it like a crowsourced MM, except instead of what's actually selling, it'll tell you what people are asking for an item. If you want to hide in the pack, or undercut everyone on the forums, this part is useful... but you don't actually need it.

The thing the addon doesn't do is provide a searchable database of every scanned item that's been put up for sale. You can get that from the TTC site. That part is stupidly useful. If you spend a lot of time trading, you should have a pretty good idea of what something is worth. But, the ability to find something specific, like a purple recipe you're looking for? That's useful. It's also what @Betheny is talking about. Not the addon itself, but glitches in the search, or someone scanning and uploading a kiosk's data while the addon is set to the wrong server.

That said, accidentally getting listings from the wrong server is fairly rare in my experience. The site's here, if you want to take a look and poke it with a stick. No seperate .exe required. There's some quirks in how it functions, as I've said in this thread. For example: when something's sold, it's not always, automatically removed from the database. But, it can be a very useful tool.
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stray bit of weirdness, TTC is an addon that's, arguably, more useful without installing it.

TTC does three things, except the addon only does two of them: It allows you to scan and upload the contents of a guild store with a public kiosk, and it generates a price range based on the number of examples of that item for sale in public kiosks.

The first one is useful, but it doesn't require you to do it.

The second one is not. Think of it like a crowsourced MM, except instead of what's actually selling, it'll tell you what people are asking for an item. If you want to hide in the pack, or undercut everyone on the forums, this part is useful... but you don't actually need it.

The thing the addon doesn't do is provide a searchable database of every scanned item that's been put up for sale. You can get that from the TTC site. That part is stupidly useful. If you spend a lot of time trading, you should have a pretty good idea of what something is worth. But, the ability to find something specific, like a purple recipe you're looking for? That's useful. It's also what @Betheny is talking about. Not the addon itself, but glitches in the search, or someone scanning and uploading a kiosk's data while the addon is set to the wrong server.

That said, accidentally getting listings from the wrong server is fairly rare in my experience. The site's here, if you want to take a look and poke it with a stick. No seperate .exe required. There's some quirks in how it functions, as I've said in this thread. For example: when something's sold, it's not always, automatically removed from the database. But, it can be a very useful tool.

As I said, I don't know the addon and the site. But there are flaws due to the design of it (as long as I didn't get anything really really wrong here regarding the addons functionality - and I'm not discussing this here publicly - feel free to directly contact me via private message if you want to know more about what i'm talking).

[snip]

[Edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on July 27, 2017 1:41PM

Addons:
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use a hammer smash a screw into to wall but would you trust the screws to hold something heavy and valuable.

TTC is a tool and like any tool knowing how to use it can bring significant benefit to a player and the guilds the belong to. As many of our fellow players have pointed out, you should question the results of the add on results whether it be MM, TTC, or DataDaedra.

Personally, I found the website useful enough to join the TTC and commit to scanning a block of traders on a daily basis. Below are my observations while using it.

The scanning process can be a lengthy process as the larger guilds can have more the 60 pages of listing. A couple of common scanning issues are
    1. Exceeded the transaction limit for the addon. Now, I clear my cache after large guilds to eliminate this problem.
    2. Doing the scans while doing something else and forgetting if the scan was done. You have to reloadui or logoff to trigger upload.

The upload and the download of its price list are dependent on the EXE. So it is possible for results to be delayed until the next time the EXE is run. There's is an option to start up TTC with the game. I personally prefer to start it before scanning sessions. I suppose it is possible if scanner plays on both PC Megaservers it could taint the upload, however, I do not know for certain. Also, I'm not certain how often the local price list is updated.

The exe window suggests it removes my sales from the database. I see my recent sales in the exe window being listed.

If items are listed in a Guild without a kiosk and the user is logged in to the website, TTC will list items displaying the username.

Overall, TTC is great for finding items (if you sort by last seen). Its popular and frequently used by bargain hunters and resellers. Trade guild that frequently scans their listings can benefit from the website traffic to increase their sales. While it collects data from the greatest number of sources of the available add-ons, the large dataset introduces a lot more outliers at low and high ends of pricing which makes me wary of the averages. Whenever I sell, I check the website, sort by last seen, look for multiple zones, and use a competitive price within the display results. I have been successful selling items from my hoard faster than any feelings of listing regret, so no complaints here.

With regards to the OP zone chat origins, it is great to "callout" a player trying to maximize their income with a high price to take advantage of inexperienced buyers, but don't rely solely on addon stats.
    Edited by BenevolentBowd on July 27, 2017 11:57AM
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What I have found with this issue with TTC:

1. Wrong Merchant. Its Monday. The TTC database does not clear out the old guild until its nightly database maintenance, on Monday night, while the guild lost the trader Sunday night. But, the scanners run their manual scans when they can (since they are volunteers) which is Monday morning.
    2. Item TTC says is there is not. Well.. you know.. you are not the only person out of the 10k people playing on the server. Someone beat you to it.
    3. Least reliable.. err.. other posters have covered how it can have greater outlier prices, due to pulling from a larger group of traders. Best to compare the two and use your own dang mind to set the price.

BTW, yall still have not caught on the most of the first part of this thread is from 2016?
    Edited by Darlgon on July 27, 2017 1:10PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have had to remove some combative and off-topic comments in this thread. Please keep to the topic of the thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    We've moved this discussion to the Add-ons and UI forums since it's about a specfic add-on. :)

Question ... How can it be about a specific add on when console don't have add ons..

This game needs more help with things like this for console users

Though I do worry console user would get a crappy economy if left to outside sources

Example gold temporing materials such as wax and rosin go for 1k on console and 3k on pc

People are looking on sites and checking add ons from pc and setting prices on console that are just not realistic

The game needs whatvthebop suggested building in to the guild store UI as a standard feature
  • Zyaedra
    Zyaedra
    ✭✭✭
    I have been a PC/NA TTC website user for a couple months as a buyer--I don't like to browse, I like to find what I need, buy it, and move on.

First and foremost: It's awesome that people have dedicated their time for this site/add-on's creation, updates, and use. Thank you, I appreciate it.

I have noticed a couple issues with the TTC website:
    1: Inaccurate low-ball pricing. It's obvious that people are attempting to manipulate the market here by listing items way cheaper than normal--items that are never actually found on the vendors, no matter how fast you get there.
    2: Guild traders are sometimes not found. Just last week I was searching for Motifs and at least 3x the traders were not in the cities the site listed them in.

I agree that ESO should implement a standard feature that allows users to view up-to-date market information. Until ESO does this, I'll continue using TTC and/or others like it because, frankly, I have to if I don't want to spend hours visiting every single trader out there to find what I need at a decent price. Even with the issues I've noticed, it's still a time-saver as a buyer.
  • reddog1948
    reddog1948
    ✭✭
    I have been in communication with the author about the dup problem. It seems to be related to the reported item expire time as reported by the API. He/She? says that it is very inconsistent I looked at the saved variable table and it has a 10 digit number (i.e. 15039939990.) I'm from the Liinux world where Seconds Since the Epoc is used a general time value I tried to find the specific API Name that returns the time that the item expires but had no luck after over an hour on eso api wiki..

Can any one provide a link to the docs for this variable and its name?

I think that if the expire time issue and a "clear vendor" was done on a "read all" update would go a long way to resolve the major short comings of this otherwise fantastic add on. The time saved trying to find a specific item outweigh any pricing issues and if the dups and sold items could be cleared up - work almost as good as an auction house.
  • Tacit_MT
    Tacit_MT
    Soul Shriven
    Zyaedra wrote: »
    <cut>
    2: Guild traders are sometimes not found. Just last week I was searching for Motifs and at least 3x the traders were not in the cities the site listed them in.
    <cut>

Often when I run across this issue where the trader seems to be missing is when they reside in the Outlaw Refuge of the town. If there were a way to display this on the web page it could clear up some confusion.
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reddog1948 wrote: »
    I have been in communication with the author about the dup problem. It seems to be related to the reported item expire time as reported by the API. He/She? says that it is very inconsistent I looked at the saved variable table and it has a 10 digit number (i.e. 15039939990.) I'm from the Liinux world where Seconds Since the Epoc is used a general time value I tried to find the specific API Name that returns the time that the item expires but had no luck after over an hour on eso api wiki..

Can any one provide a link to the docs for this variable and its name?

I think that if the expire time issue and a "clear vendor" was done on a "read all" update would go a long way to resolve the major short comings of this otherwise fantastic add on. The time saved trying to find a specific item outweigh any pricing issues and if the dups and sold items could be cleared up - work almost as good as an auction house.

The API call is GetTradingHouseSearchResultItemInfo():
    GetTradingHouseSearchResultItemInfo(number index)
    Returns: textureName icon, string itemName, number quality, 
                   number stackCount, string sellerName, number timeRemaining, 
                   number purchasePrice, number CurrencyType currencyType

As you can see it doesn't actually return the absolute expiry time but the timeRemaining in seconds from the "current" time. You can figure out the expiry time from the current time and the timeRemaining value but this number can vary by several dozen seconds in the worst case.

What I did for http://esosales.uesp.net is round to the nearest 10 seconds which gets rid of most duplicates but not all.

Edited by Reorx_Holybeard on August 6, 2017 8:20PM
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Erekon
    Erekon
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen a lot of people on this thread calling MM and TTC BS and I'd like to address that.
    No, TTC isn't BS. Neither is MM. They are both invaluable tools that make your life ( in ESO) easier.

However, a lot of people that use these add-ons forget that these are mere tools. Any tool has its limitations, its shortcomings. As a user of that tool, it is your responsibility to learn what it can do and what it cannot. It's a tool, not magic.

Let me get a bit more specific here.
    TTC is really helpful if you're looking to buy a specific item. It might happen that the item it is showing isn't there or is already sold ( and not all items are listed on TTC anyway), but it gives you a list of potential traders where you can check first. It saves you some time and at least tells you where to start your search for that specific item.

MM keeps a track of the guild trader sales for every item. It requires you to be a member of a good trading guild ( probably 2-3). I've noticed that most of the people just blindly quote the MM price without understanding how old or relevant their data is. They don't even bother looking at the little graph that you get at the bottom of the item description window. It gives you an idea of the price of the item you wish to buy/sell and also, how often it is sold or traded. You must also keep in mind the fact that MM doesn't auto-delete old data that's more relevant to the previous patch. Your MM might suggest that the Stygian sharpened sword that you just found will make you rich. But no, it will not.

In the end, you will have to use your brain in order to benefit from these tools.

PC EU
    @ybbarc

• Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    I getting a little confused with the mm and tcc
    Add on but I use it to find gear instead of travel to every trader in eso
    But it's not tracking every sale as there's no zos api if I understand it correct so cuddos to the maker of this ad dons and hm a little ? _to zos why no api ?
  • Ekadzati
    Ekadzati
    ✭✭✭
    All of this would be a non-issue if ZOS would provide SOME method of whole-world view on the market.

That said, at the end of the day, buying from zone chat seems to inevitably mean you're getting ripped/gouged on price, so I just don't do it.

THAT said, I'm pretty well over the constraints on access to player markets via guilds, particularly given that no one ever seems to sell other than CP160 items and any realistic chance to make a reliable living on crafted items has deteriorated for it as well. (By this I mean that, unless you're crafting set pieces, nirnhorned, or trait items for learning, no one seems to even TRY looking for/buying lower level crafted items anymore.)
    Registration date: November 2013
    Geek since 1974.
    Girl Gamer since 1976.
    Granny since 2014.
    Gut shooter since forever.
    Don't say you weren't warned.
    (Now where's my cane and why are you on my lawn?)