The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quit your BS with the TTC pricing add on for PC...

Bryanonymous
Bryanonymous
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, first, I just want to say, no disrespect to the author of this add on or any add on authors. I know you put in your own time for free to give to the community, and we all appreciate it. However, blind faith in anything can lead to some very big mistakes. The following is an example of one of those mistakes...
76q8DhW.jpg
RQRhsrK.jpg
So Let's look at that site...
p10UTJK.jpg
Xj24rk3.jpg
And the listings in the game...
nX4r48Y.jpg
XQqT1z4.jpg
As for that third listing, how was it seen 3 hours ago in a location that the guild is not at?
lJTfmxL.jpg
chcAj0f.jpg
In conclusion... Just stop. If you don't know how to price stuff, stop trying to tell others how to. You use a pricing add on because you don't know if an item might be worth something, and now you know that this site calculates thousands of duplicate listings and never knows when they end up sold.
Edited by Bryanonymous on November 18, 2016 9:32PM
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    isn't travelling merchant eu pc server, you look like your on ps4/pc na
    Edited by azoriangaming on November 18, 2016 8:24PM
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    isn't travelling merchant eu pc server, you look like your on ps4/pc na

I'm on PC/NA. I use an add on to show the PlayStation buttons and ds4windows for my PS4 controller. And the other two guilds with 1 listing are PC/NA. I know there is a guild on PC/NA called Traveling Merchants, but they are not at the Belkarth location right now.
    Edited by Bryanonymous on November 19, 2016 9:27AM
  • X3ina
    X3ina
    ✭✭✭
    I guess you're on pcna that's why you can't find ttm in craglorn.
    SW GoH > ESO
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    X3ina wrote: »
    I guess you're on pcna that's why you can't find ttm in craglorn.

If you go to TTC, it has you sort by NA and EU before you start. Are you trying to tell me it gives prices across all platforms, and that accross all platforms, EU only had 1 listing while PS4 and XBox had none? So TTC is also giving listing on other servers. K. Not likely.
    Edited by Bryanonymous on November 18, 2016 10:45PM
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya, I really liked TTC until recently. There are a few bugs and if you don't know the what the information you have means...

When someone scans a store it takes note of what is there. Sometimes (all the time?) when someone scans it again it registers that as new listings. It also is not smart enough to remove listings that have been sold, which makes it a nightmare to actually look through the website for popular items. What end up happening is people over-price their goods, and when it doesn't sell and gets duplicated the add on is tricked into thinking that item is a fair price. Which then tricks players into thinking it's a fair price. I was in Rawl'kha and some guy found an impenetrable soulshine chest and asked what it was worth. Someone linked TTC which said 85k as a suggested price. Ofc the guy was happy to hear that but... I was looking for that same gear piece just an hour before in TTC and it was full of the same item priced near 90k which wasn't selling. Go figure. All the others were 10-20k which sold quickly. So it's probably worth more than 20k, but no way in heck was it worth 85k.

People need to realize that MM is a lagging indicator of price and TTC is a leading indicator, so both of them together give a much more accurate picture. That, and the bugs in TTC make it not particularly reliable, especially when the price seems high.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    people use it to manipulate sales in zone chat as well.
    it is almost useless and just destroys sales in zone chat. i have had times where i was in the middle of a sale and trading with a person and some one listed in zone chat a false price and the guy changed his mind because of this addon.
    it simply is not a good thing to have in an mmo that has no auction house.
    hate this addon and any other one that effects sales,
    please get rid of both Master Merchant and also Tamriel Trade Centre
    sorry. just my opinion.
    Edited by Gilvoth on November 18, 2016 9:10PM
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I don't like or trust Tamriel Trade Centre. The prices that exist in a totally separate world (EU/US/PS4/XBox) and economy from your own should have no bearing, in my opinion, on what I am paying/selling for items. You may as well compare prices with other MMOs. Plus, I don't care what people list items for. I want to know what they sell for. I'll stick with Master Merchant, thank you.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Both TTC and MM are fine in the right hands. And both are extremely bad in the wrong hands.

Going blindly on either of them is bad for both buyers and sellers.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've moved this discussion to the Add-ons and UI forums since it's about a specfic add-on. :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hadn't heard of this TTC addon until now. I agree it could seem misleading and somewhat inferior to MM. I do understand what people are saying though, that together they could be useful, if done correctly. Quite insightful screenshots/analysis @Bryanonymous!

I would just like to shoutout Player 4 from the second screenshot, because damn that made me laugh so hard...
    "Hocus Pocus Spamus Stopus!" Right in the middle of the argument :D That made my night! If this was on EU, I'd ask if you could PM me his name just so I could say thanks for the laugh :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The idea behind the project is good. But it is not used a by a lot of people and therefore has completely ridiculous prices.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish that traders had a better public statistics API like GW2. The statistics most likely already exist for ZOS internal use.
    Edited by timidobserver on November 22, 2016 2:42PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Lolssi
    Lolssi
    ✭✭✭
    You sir have a potty mouth!
  • rcrandall85
    rcrandall85
    ✭✭✭
    Quit my BS with the TTC add-on? I don't know how many times this thing has saved me from being taken for a ride by some jerk trying to sell me something for WAY more than what I should be paying! And 9 times out of 10, even when it does give me a duplicate listing, I can almost ALWAYS show up at the vendor and at least one of the item is there at the price I expect.

It does return your cheapest results first so there's no question about whether or not I'm getting the best deal I can find, short of trawling chat for hours to find someone selling at the price I want.

Having someone change their mind because you tried to take them for a ride isn't a BAD thing. It saves people time that they could be putting into going after other items they want at the right price, with the gold they have on hand. MM is good, but really, anything that gives you a wider sample of what is currently selling is a great tool.

Whining about someone creating an add-on that beats you at your game with minimal effort...

HAH HAH!! You're funny...
    With Steel and Stone,
    Blood and Bone.
    We safeguard this Land,
    Our Heart and Home.
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, TTC is awesome. Props to the addon author.
  • WilliamofSomeRenown
    I agree that TTC does not work well as a pricing tool, but I just want to say one thing about the website:

The really nice part about TTC's website is that it makes it a lot easier to find something that you are looking for. If someone is selling an item you need, it will likely show on the website and if you filter by "last seen" so that recent listings show up first, it makes finding your item super easy.
    Edited by WilliamofSomeRenown on July 17, 2017 7:03AM
    Uncertain about uncertainty in Belkarth
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MM is better
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MM requires you to be in top end trader guilds, no thank you, TTC all the way. It may not be perfect but neither is the game, can't really have a perfect add-on with that.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, first, I just want to say, no disrespect to the author of this add on or any add on authors. I know you put in your own time for free to give to the community, and we all appreciate it. However, blind faith in anything can lead to some very big mistakes. The following is an example of one of those mistakes...
    76q8DhW.jpg
    RQRhsrK.jpg
    So Let's look at that site...
    p10UTJK.jpg
    Xj24rk3.jpg
    And the listings in the game...
    nX4r48Y.jpg
    XQqT1z4.jpg
    As for that third listing, how was it seen 3 hours ago in a location that the guild is not at?
    lJTfmxL.jpg
    chcAj0f.jpg
    In conclusion... Just stop. If you don't know how to price stuff, stop trying to tell others how to. You use a pricing add on because you don't know if an item might be worth something, and now you know that this site calculates thousands of duplicate listings and never knows when they end up sold.

Omg, the effort for some pixel gold in a videogame. I'm quite impressed, no joke.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    078009936-necroposting.jpg
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find this a great tool for finding where I might find particular items.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lJTfmxL.jpg

Coming back to this, almost a year later, that is weird. Angry Unicorn is an NA guild, TTM is a EU one. How did they both return on the same query? (Unless, Angry Unicorn also has an EU branch I'm unaware of? I guess that's possible.)
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is an EU AUT, it is completely unaffiliated with the NA AUT. Not that being affiliated would offer much benefit, I just mean that neither myself, AUT's other co-GM, nor any of our officers are affiliated with an EUROPEAN sister guild.
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is an EU AUT, it is completely unaffiliated with the NA AUT. Not that being affiliated would offer much benefit, I just mean that neither myself, AUT's other co-GM, nor any of our officers are affiliated with an EUROPEAN sister guild.

If I had to guess, someone got their server mixed up and was reporting your data to the EU database, or vice versa.
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That moment when you want to sell an item for 1 gold above the average price and the whole chat is filled with people spamming their TTC/MM info and calling you a scammer... Gotta love this community.
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That moment when you want to sell an item for 1 gold above the average price and the whole chat is filled with people spamming their TTC/MM info and calling you a scammer... Gotta love this community.

And people wonder why I don't carry out transactions in zone. :p
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Merchant is kind of like a Caddy in Golf, in my mind. An assistant who is familiar with the market who makes suggestions about how to sell things. But, no means an expert. TTC is just a listing agent that shows you the stuff that is still for sale because it was priced too high to move.

However nothing beats knowing the market.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Master Merchant is kind of like a Caddy in Golf, in my mind. An assistant who is familiar with the market who makes suggestions about how to sell things. But, no means an expert. TTC is just a listing agent that shows you the stuff that is still for sale because it was priced too high to move.

Yeah, this is very true.
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is an amazing analogy.

A caddy that knows the course can be the difference in winning and losing a tournament. :wink:
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is an amazing analogy.

A caddy that knows the course can be the difference in winning and losing a tournament. :wink:

MM can be an invaluable tool, but it's not an infallible one. But, yeah, I like the analogy.