The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v2.6.2

• Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Rich Hundo is my hero
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES

Undaunted Plunder
    We've heard your feedback regarding the inability to make money by running Veteran Trials, and added Undaunted Plunder to the Veteran mode of all Trials.
    • By defeating bosses in the Veteran-mode Trials, you'll earn Undaunted Plunder – valuable items that can be sold to merchants for 1000 gold each.
    • Each boss you defeat will drop an increased amount of Undaunted Plunder that you can sell.
    • We're continuing to keep an eye on these rewards, and will continue to adjust them as needed.

QFhhrIo.gif

Lord FENGRUSH here to pillage and plunder
    Comin for dat booty and im'a go down under
    @FENGRUSH Time to do some trials
    ivGXYrb.gif

Maw hard mode?
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Real question, do you all have an economist on staff? That can explain to you the undaunted plunder addition. And how it is good/bad? If not, great time to have a community outreach and think this one through. It is an interesting change, I am not kicking it, I just want to make sure you all thought this big change through.
  • koendrenthe8neb18_ESO
    Fix those crown crates. They are ridiculously overpriced for a box where your biggest chance of reward is a box full of stupid consumables noone wants.

Kayila is my main bae - lvl 50-> - stamina nightblade pve - Bosmer - but for the covenant - With me since day 1.
    Qorith is my invention - lvl 50-> - stamina sorcerer - pvp - Breton - sorcies are fun to play.
    Zinfaren is my gardener lvl 50-> - magicka warden healer - Bosmer - all within nature's grasp.
    Alayaan is my priestess lvl 50-> - magicka templar healer - Breton - Gifts from the Gods.
    Bryenh is my summoner lvl 50-> - magicka sorcerer solo - Breton - Summons an army to defeat an army.
    Mareiss is my shield of ice lvl 50-> - magicka warden tank - Nord - Keeps allies safe with freezing cold.
    Mindra Attiel is my defence beyond death lvl 50-> - magicka necromancer tank - Breton - What is dead can never die.
    Palarain is my rally howl lvl 50-> - stamina templar pve - Redguard - Unleash the wolf within.
    Saalynna is my elemental smile lvl 50-> - magicka sorcerer pve - Breton - It's raining fireballs and lightning strikes.
    Viryne is my flame in the darkness lvl 50-> - magicka dragonknight pve - Dunmer - Nothing a little bit of fire won't fix.
    Viola Nobleborn is my rock lvl 50-> - stamina dragonknight tank - Imperial - From a noble family to a noble cause.
    Ariviane is my chaos unleashed lvl 50-> - magicka necromancer pve - Breton - There's no such thing as casualties.
    Kaystin is my pumping heart lvl 50-> - magicka nightblade pve - Breton - innocent with a bloody appetite.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

Thanks for the insight.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Draugr Hulk set nerf is just a big slap in the face. This wont change anything. Big woop 500 stamina.

Edit: If you want to know what to change, change 1 of the set bonuses to weapon damage and reduce the 5 piece to 2k max stam to compensate. The problem this set creates is with passives that scale with max stamina (Battle roar, Adrenaline Rush). 500 stamina wont change anything.

that set is screaming STAM DK! STAM DK!
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone found the party tent in Windhelm yet or the scroll in the Crown store to start the quest. This one she can find neither.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Where's the damn "pavilion outside Windhelm" ??? :'(

Err... I think I've got this one :smile:
    New Life Festival (9/21-9/28)
    Visit the pavilion outside of Windhelm to participate in testing the events for the New Life Festival!

Look at the dates... I guess we should both learn to read while we wait :D
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: Redundant question.
    Edited by Dunkmeister on September 20, 2016 6:18PM
    Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cruel Flurry (Maelstrom Dual Wield enchantment): Reduced this enchantment’s bonus to Weapon and Spell Damage on your next single-target damage over time ability to 2003 from 3096.

Why are all stamina DPS based classes being nerfed instead of just Dragonknights? No one is pushing numbers like them, and you've effectively reduced Stam DPS to the point where you can only be a DK to stay relevant.

StamDKs have more class DoTs so this affects them more than other stamina builds.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*]Infernal Guardian: Fixed an issue where this item set’s mortar damage would target players and monsters that were not already in combat with you.

I understand why this change was made for PvP, but why for PvE? It's not as fun now.
  • Mulcibur
    Mulcibur
    ✭✭✭
    The graphics on the equipment bonus stars look cheap. Like stars from an older game.
    Edited by Mulcibur on September 20, 2016 6:30PM
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cruel Flurry (Maelstrom Dual Wield enchantment): Reduced this enchantment’s bonus to Weapon and Spell Damage on your next single-target damage over time ability to 2003 from 3096.

ZOS many will cry about this. But it is a right step. These weapons were far to overtuned, and quite honestly I don't think this is a big enough nerf. I grinded the weapons out, and while it sucks that my dps will fall. I really understand and aprreciate this nerf. No Item should add this big of a gain to dps. It really should IMO only be 1200 added however this is a great step. I wish it came with a bonus to master weapons and the maelstrom staff. But babysteps.

STAY WITH IT AND JUST SOAK IN THE HATE

I like the maelstrom nerf
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone found the party tent in Windhelm yet or the scroll in the Crown store to start the quest. This one she can find neither.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Where's the damn "pavilion outside Windhelm" ??? :'(

Err... I think I've got this one :smile:
    New Life Festival (9/21-9/28)
    Visit the pavilion outside of Windhelm to participate in testing the events for the New Life Festival!

Look at the dates... I guess we should both learn to read while we wait :D

Khajiit she bugged this but at least the bug report might raise a smile.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Mulcibur
    Mulcibur
    ✭✭✭
    Those stars
    Edited by Mulcibur on September 20, 2016 6:31PM
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what about Dragon Blood?
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Undaunted Plunder
    We've heard your feedback regarding the inability to make money by running Veteran Trials, and added Undaunted Plunder to the Veteran mode of all Trials.
    • By defeating bosses in the Veteran-mode Trials, you'll earn Undaunted Plunder – valuable items that can be sold to merchants for 1000 gold each.
    • Each boss you defeat will drop an increased amount of Undaunted Plunder that you can sell.
    • We're continuing to keep an eye on these rewards, and will continue to adjust them as needed.
    Can't play PTS but this should be put as a developer note and held up as an example to the community and to ZOS! Other than WW change on beserker (didn't personally care, vamp for life baby), this is the single best patch update based on community feedback I've seen.

Please Please Please be more transparent with us in a tracker thread for each year which tracks bugs, features, issues, QOL changes and tracks them to completion. Seriously, this is done in many games (Gamestop actually just wrote a major article on Destiny's new patch based on this exact type of bug tracking and fixing format) and we do this all the time at work. When we take airline owners and operators to see it, they are soooooo happy and excited because they know its open, honest, and actually being managed.

ZOS: you could of been reaping the rewards from this before the One Tamriel articles really started flowing just by announcing this once you were investigating.

I really hope you guys start this. Great game, but the developer interaction to the community needs to be improved and I promise this will help. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Deltia
    Deltia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to test crates.....
    In-game @deltiasgaming | deltiasgaming.com for Elder Scrolls Online [ESO / TESO] Guides
    "It's a good day to be alive"
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    That Draugr Hulk set nerf is just a big slap in the face. This wont change anything. Big woop 500 stamina.

Edit: If you want to know what to change, change 1 of the set bonuses to weapon damage and reduce the 5 piece to 2k max stam to compensate. The problem this set creates is with passives that scale with max stamina (Battle roar, Adrenaline Rush). 500 stamina wont change anything.

Its screams.. hey im a use black rose and draugr hulk as a red guard and have inifite sustain with 0 regen..... ZOS balance...

i gotta get my hands on some velidrith to combo with my viper. its time to fight cheese with more cheese.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on September 20, 2016 7:03PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Rich Hundo is my hero
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

Undaunted Plunder

QFhhrIo.gif

Lord FENGRUSH here to pillage and plunder
    Comin for dat booty and im'a go down under
    @FENGRUSH Time to do some trials
    ivGXYrb.gif

Maw hard mode?
    Meh, too easy
    #MOREORBS
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quests & Zones

Cadwell’s Silver & Gold
    • Updated Meridia’s Charm of the Dawn and Meridia’s Emblem of Searing Light, the items received for completing Cadwell’s Silver and Cadwell’s Gold, to scale to your level and CP at the moment of quest completion. We also updated the quality of these items to purple from blue.
    Not a major thing, but any chance we could get an mailer 1x to get the actually usable weapons from this if we've already completed it?

I wont QQ over it, but would be kinda cool to own, even if I'll never actually use them.

Also, thank you for the Maelstrom dagger nerf. IMHO they were overtuned and outclassing monster helms. If done right, this should help bring back the choice and build/set diversity. Bravo.

PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quests & Zones
    General
    • The wayshrines in the first zones for all three alliances have been unlocked.
    The starter areas (stros m'kai, betnikh, bleakrock isle, bal foyen, khenarthi's roost) are all missing wayshrines. Not a big deal, since there are navigators, but wasn't sure if this was intentional.
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Good Point

1. Lowering Maestrom Weapon, I do have to agree with that move even if my main DPS is using them, I do Wonder how hard it will hit me since I'm a crappy maestrom BiS finder but still with the new CP cap I think some class such as DK would just have become ridiculously strong now that they can push even further their thaumaturge and there precise strike.

2. Keep an open mind about reward Inside veteran trial

Bad Point

1. Adding more raw-money making scenario isn't that interesting. Even if a player could get 10k gold per run, there would still be just way more money Inside the game which would create an overall increase of mats cost and will also generate even bigger expense.

I agree that with the new model, reseller will have their ass handed to them which to me is an amazing point ! I hate those guys ! Always Had. But not sure if they would not simply take other thing to do it with and will start increasing temper and everything... As a matter of fact even if I get 10k gold per run, I'm currently only able to buy one tempering allow !

2. Do believe the merchant system need to be change, those guys need to find Something to do instead of travelling through the world from week to week.

3. No itemization change for the normal trial set ?

I was hoping to see those set receive Major and Minor bonus treatement in order to help player without organise group setting or with lower experience in buff holding

Overall

Nice job for the lighting staff revert, that staff is now still an interesting option ! Nice job on balance, will help the overall dps balance, still do hope to see stamina hitting harder then magicka build in the long run do count on you !

Overall questionning, well I often repeat myself so :smile:
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its screams.. hey im a use black rose and draugr hulk as a red guard and have inifite sustain with 0 regen..... ZOS balance...

i gotta get my hands on some velidrith to combo with my viper. its time to fight cheese with more cheese.

You do realive that Viper, Veledrith, etc. are already being actively cheesed while Draugr Hulk isn't even live for another month, right? I think you have the cause and effect reversed.

I agree that the balance is messed up but let's not mistake an active problem with a potential one.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Undaunted Plunder is a nice band-aid and it solves the issue I had, but the removal of BoE is still kind of annoying. As it stands I won't even look at the loot I pick up in vet trials once this update goes live because I will know for a fact that nothing of value dropped. BoE drops served to keep people interested in gear drops even after they completed their personal gear sets.
    Edited by timidobserver on September 20, 2016 7:42PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, you'd get wiped pretty convincingly with viper's, veli agaisnt black rose and draugur hulk..
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nerf to the maelstrom weapons hurt 1 class more than any other, and that is StamDK. They suffer the most from this, as they get more dps from this. So this has brought them down a little in line, but still.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »

Honestly, you'd get wiped pretty convincingly with viper's, veli agaisnt black rose and draugur hulk..

Not if i can drop them 100-0 in one go. If i dont your prob right.

You do realive that Viper, Veledrith, etc. are already being actively cheesed while Draugr Hulk isn't even live for another month, right? I think you have the cause and effect reversed.

I agree that the balance is messed up but let's not mistake an active problem with a potential one.

Yes i know... i have stayed away from veli but after this... i probably wont. I dont have Velidrith yet. This will be the new cheese for sure though. It wont be burst cheese like Veli, it will be perma block infinite sustain cheese.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on September 20, 2016 11:35PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • arckaine547
    arckaine547
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Is gold quality set items going to be a possibility for overland drops? The 2.6.0 patch notes said green, blue, or purple were going to be possible drop quality and that the Treasure Hunter passive would increase both chance and quality of drop, but is it possible to have a drop better than purple?
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good number of fixes overall, but have some feedback.

1. Can we have some buffs to dungeons and trials that aren't simply stat buffs like increases to health and damage? I really don't want the old dungeons to be ridiculous damage fests like the vROM and vCOS dungeons. Would like a nerf to those two as well.

2. It's good that you're increasing gold rewards for vet trials but do note that if not done properly this can lead to severe inflation as you are essentially printing 12k gold minimum every time a boss dies. The cost of potions is going to go up further rendering your fix useless. Try investigating ways to reduce potion/consumable related costs instead as that seems to be the root cause. Maybe increase the duration of potions, make potions more like food or drink? Reduce health and resistances of mobs in trials so that potions aren't needed all the time?

3. Writs are consuming too many materials, and with drop rates of surveys getting nerfed overall this is going to impact crafters greatly. When the number of tries at the RNG limited per day I will always prefer something with a high chance but low payout rather than vice versa.

4. The Crown Crates are an absolute ripoff. 400 Crowns for 1 mimic stone and 15 Crown Invis potions. What the actual.

5. Hope there's a way to obtain MA weapons more easily in the future. It's been long enough, vMA needs a nerf.
    Edited by Contraptions on September 20, 2016 9:03PM
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    Padhraigh wrote: »
    So there will be no Undaunted Plunder dropping from MA/vMA, correct? Only from group trials?

Correct. It will only drop from Trial bosses in Veteran difficulty.

This is bad, it should drop from VMA too since that costs a lot in resources as well, and everything is is BoP there.

Also would you mind explaining the adjusted drops on Normal Maelstrom Arena? Surely weapons don't drop there now?

No, weapons do not drop in Normal mode now. We didn't change what types of items drop in Normal MA, just that they'll now scale to CP160.

damn u...
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SO there isnt anything to make balance again about magicka ..Still too weak compared to stamina

lets wait for next patch notes... we are going to see if things happen like @ZOS_GinaBruno says...???!!!

people want more balance in this patch
    nobody wants to wait 4 months more..
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE