The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v2.6.2

• Softpad
    Softpad
    ✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Shouldn't change Lamia song set for scaling. it is now from interesting set automatically went into category of usless sets :tired_face:

And withcmans set too, that is not going to be a looker either.... :(

Why do this, i miss the original Shadows set
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    @code65536

I don't PvP on my DKs. But even if I did, that is irrelevant.

Do you want to say with a straight face that a nightblade's 50 cost ultimate or a sorc's spammable overload restoring the full amount of resources is not stupidly broken?

DKs lol wow im done after this...

Ok so nightblades under dragon set 15% 7.5 out of 50 cost reduction 42.5 potentates set 10% 5 out of 42.5 to 38.5 ult. Potion every regain 20 ult every 60 seconds. Bloodspawn 15 ult over 9 seconds to make 3.5 ult. You would probably think what ult to use ? Soul harvest magic based, dragon set mag recovery, 4% healing taken, max health. Potentants set stam based stam rec, bloodspawn stam rec, witchmans stam rec, 3 wd, max health.

Where is the damage comming from sir ? I have already thought of that maybe he could have spammed an ult evry 8 seconds but they werent killing anybody ? Witchmans would have been a little better for sustainability yet would have lacked alot of damage. Reason why i tested all the sets out pre Witchmans. And went with 3 potentates 3 agility 2 bloodspawn and the final piece would have been witchmans. Ult cost 75 to 100 and 50 to 198.

And last but not least, they fixed the spammable broken bug over a year ago with overload. Please be a little bit more mathematical before assuming every set that you hear as a rumor is broken, or bugged.

"Dropping mic"

• Softpad
    Softpad
    ✭✭
    How is the scaling of these armour sets with the ultimate?

so if what it says is based of 250 ultimate, if I use a 50 ultimate skill it will only proc for 20% of what is written? dont these have a cooldown timer also? If so, can the cooldown timer be scaled too?
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Softpad wrote: »
    How is the scaling of these armour sets with the ultimate?

so if what it says is based of 250 ultimate, if I use a 50 ultimate skill it will only proc for 20% of what is written? dont these have a cooldown timer also? If so, can the cooldown timer be scaled too?

250 ult is maxed to white green blue purple and gold.

The most you could have gotten was witchmans was gold 7440 health stam back. And you can still get it back if your ult cost 250. Scaled down per ult 250 to 125 equels 3740 and so on and so forth.

So if you have an ult costing 125 new dawn breaker, your only going to get back 3740 health and stam every 10 seconds. This is a DK set now.

Edited by WeylandLabs on September 21, 2016 4:23AM
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    Undaunted Plunder
    We've heard your feedback regarding the inability to make money by running Veteran Trials, and added Undaunted Plunder to the Veteran mode of all Trials.
    • By defeating bosses in the Veteran-mode Trials, you'll earn Undaunted Plunder – valuable items that can be sold to merchants for 1000 gold each.
    • Each boss you defeat will drop an increased amount of Undaunted Plunder that you can sell.
    • We're continuing to keep an eye on these rewards, and will continue to adjust them as needed.
    Come on @ZOS_Finn @ZOS_RichLambert this is such a lazy approach and will destroy the economy even more than is already being done with everything becoming bop. The inflation that this is going to cause will be ridiculous. Pots will skyrocket in price and gold tempers will go from a ridiculous price that they're at now to almost unaffordable. Sure in the short term it will work fine because players will have some sort of income, however every single trials run will basically just be printing 120k gold and adding that to the economy where as if you gave us an item to trade to other players such as maybe flowers or so that we can either keep them and make pots or sell them to other players for gold it would be a much better solution. Instead of just causing inflation it will cause the price of pots to drop since mats will be easier to acquire and the people running trials will still be able to make money from them but just from other players with gold that is already in the economy instead of from a vendor creating new gold. As it is right now there is nothing to take gold out of the economy instead it just flows from one player to another. There is no tax or item that you need to buy from npcs for gold. Please reconsider this change and dont let it go live. Even if you need to remove any sort of income from vet trials for a period of time I would rather see that than a system that will ruin the economy in the long run.

I see it as another way to make money by playing instead of mindless farming/making pots.

The same argument could be said of when stealing came out/pvp gained that magickal trader but the price per stack/item of the most important raid/pvp items has always stayed within the 10k-30k range based on an available stock/need ratio.

In the end, the zones being open to all will either increase the price of goods or decrease them, not if raiders gain a Unique way to earn gold inside their preferred location. This will be good for the economy.

How does the magical trade which takes gold out of circulation because it allows people to spend large sums of gold at an npc for something useful compare to making large sums of gold at an npc for 0 use? They are actually polar opposites lol. Also the rate at which gold is added into circulation from stealing is nothing compared to the rate that it will be from trials. A solid raid group can complete aa and hrc in ~30-45 minutes, lets say at minimum each complete is going to give people in the raid 10 items to sell so 10k gold. multiply that by 12 for 12 raiders and thats 120k. Most raid guilds will run the trials at least 2 if not 3 or more times on raid nights. So lets say an average of 3 runs thats 360k from just one guild running trials. Now multiply that by 2 or 3 for the average number of raid days and hats 1m gold from just one group running trials being added into circulation every week and then multiply that by however many guilds run trials which is quite a few and you end up w/ a pretty extreme amount of gold being added into circulation every week. I estimate the amount of gold made in trials every week to be about 10x the gold that will be made in pvp from rewards of the worthy gold and vendoring the gear.

I am extremely disappointed by this approach that ZOS took. The gold that raiders currently "make" and the gold PvPers "make" are all gold given to them by other players in the player-to-player economy. Direct gold injection is absolutely the wrong way to solve the problem.

Instead of Undaunted Plunder, we should instead get Undaunted Supplies, a satchel containing alchemical ingredients, repair kits, and a chance at a gold crafting mat. Things that are directly useful and can be traded for gold on the player market.

Yup, would love to see some sort of supply crate from trials worth ~10k gold in value. It would allow us to make money/pots and it wouldnt destroy the economy. Hell, basically anything that isnt just a direct gold injection I would be happy with.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Cruel Flurry (Maelstrom Dual Wield enchantment): Reduced this enchantment’s bonus to Weapon and Spell Damage on your next single-target damage over time ability to 2003 from 3096.

Why are all stamina DPS based classes being nerfed instead of just Dragonknights? No one is pushing numbers like them, and you've effectively reduced Stam DPS to the point where you can only be a DK to stay relevant.

While I agree with StamDK needing a nerf, I disagree with the rest of your comment.

With the nerf to Cruel Flurry, other stamina builds are now more in line with most magic builds (#Sorclivesmatter), meaning the game is slowly becoming more balanced than it was previously. Stamina Builds still have more damage overall than magic but it's a step in the right direction.

Stamina DPS has to deal higher damage than magicka DPS to be viable. They have way more risk in trials.

Doing 15k more DPS than magic is overkill by all standards. Also, considering that some mechanics require stacking (Serpent's Poison phase) or that they only target range players (Mantikora's Spear throws), that argument is sort of invalid as ranged is put into just as much dangerous situations as melee. Then, there are Magplars and MagDK that are practically melee anyways due to their main spammables being melee ranged.

I really don't see that argument holding much water at all.
    Edited by Silver_Strider on September 21, 2016 5:12AM
    Argonian forever
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [*]Infernal Guardian: Fixed an issue where this item set’s mortar damage would target players and monsters that were not already in combat with you.

I understand why this change was made for PvP, but why for PvE? It's not as fun now.

This change is bad, i was looking for this set and new change has disappointed me and this set is now useless..
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on September 21, 2016 5:43AM
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Cruel Flurry (Maelstrom Dual Wield enchantment): Reduced this enchantment’s bonus to Weapon and Spell Damage on your next single-target damage over time ability to 2003 from 3096.

Why are all stamina DPS based classes being nerfed instead of just Dragonknights? No one is pushing numbers like them, and you've effectively reduced Stam DPS to the point where you can only be a DK to stay relevant.

While I agree with StamDK needing a nerf, I disagree with the rest of your comment.

With the nerf to Cruel Flurry, other stamina builds are now more in line with most magic builds (#Sorclivesmatter), meaning the game is slowly becoming more balanced than it was previously. Stamina Builds still have more damage overall than magic but it's a step in the right direction.

Stamina DPS has to deal higher damage than magicka DPS to be viable. They have way more risk in trials.

The 2 lowest dps classes are the ranged ones. And possible Stamplar(they need a buff ZOS). The MagDK and MagPlar are both melee range. And this nerf to the FAAAAR overtuned weapons are not going to break the current Stam meta. Stam still wins lol.

Furthermore stamina classes should not only be viable becuase of a weapon. It should be because the class works really well. And it is.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Sorcerer
    Daedric Summoning
    Daedric Curse: The damage done to the primary target can no longer be blocked for this ability and its morphs. The area of effect damage to all secondary targets can still be blocked."

I'm not sure why they're changing this; they're just going to have to nerf it next patch after all the complaints.

• LuluKreicer
    LuluKreicer
    ✭✭✭
    After this patch, i have a game crash each time when i take or put a few items from/into bank/guild bank.

Its make me a little crazy...
    Aetherius Community - Community Leader
    Wanna join? Just ask.

- World First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (1.5.8)
    - Russian First Maw of Lorkhaj Difficult Mode
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undaunted Plunder will ruin the economy. Please ZOS remove BOP !! U removed it from Wrothgar and put it into trials and dungeons. Too bad :((

Don't make the players to loose their interest to do trials.
    Edited by Agalloch on September 21, 2016 8:01AM
  • IamNoobee
    IamNoobee
    ✭✭
    Undaunted Plunder
    We've heard your feedback regarding the inability to make money by running Veteran Trials, and added Undaunted Plunder to the Veteran mode of all Trials.

yay now we are capable of making gold again! now if i could just find something to spend it on.
    PC NA ~STD and Wet Noodles~
    ~AD Main Alts - Zerog/Pyle - Magicka NB , Noobee - Stamina DK

~DC Alts - Not So Bright - Stamina Sorcerer

~EP Alts - Noobee Jr - Magicka NB

The first reset of VMA-PCNA #6 Nightblade Zerog
    In need of a PVP Guild
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Padhraigh wrote: »
    So there will be no Undaunted Plunder dropping from MA/vMA, correct? Only from group trials?

Correct. It will only drop from Trial bosses in Veteran difficulty.

Then will the drops from vet maelstrom be BOE? vMA is a time and gold sink as it is. This content is NOT rewarding. It's hateful.

RNG is a miserable system we've all been complaining about and ZOS keeps on giving us more of.

You want us to do the content. We have to WANT to do the content, rather then getting burned out chasing things that don't drop, or drop in crap traits. I'm getting burnt out on dungeons/nTrials and 'overland' content is so easy it's not worth doing. Add to that the proc, poison cancer that PVP has become and I'm running out of want to do content all together.

ZOS needs to have another look at solutions to rewarding players for doing content, so that groups can still be filled once players get their drops (Trade-able goods?). Shackles were a decent idea. Why not extend this to other dungeons and trials? Or offer Undaunted Points that can be used at Undaunted Vendors to purchase boxes of a particular set like there is in PVP.

Will PVP sets still be BOE? or do ZOS not want people doing that content?
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IamNoobee wrote: »
    Undaunted Plunder

yay now we are capable of making gold again! now if i could just find something to spend it on.

EXACTLY!!!!! This is killing the economy.
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, Stamina builds still will do more damage but think about it: Stamina builds are a lot weaker (they die more) and they're played melee. They SHOULD be stronger or we'll be back on only magicka players in Trials.
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZoM_Head wrote: »
    And nothing done for the magicka DK in terms of buffs or fixes the heals from Dragon Blood....nice.

Guess its time to re-reoll a whole new char then.

I guess you're not a really good player, Magicka DK's are owning the dueling battefield at the minute. Make them stronger and they'll just be insanely unbalanced.
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, Stamina builds still will do more damage but think about it: Stamina builds are a lot weaker (they die more) and they're played melee. They SHOULD be stronger or we'll be back on only magicka players in Trials.

Templar and DK are melee too, and sorc/NB played in melee range still does far less damage.

I agree that close range combat should reward with more damage, but give everyone magicka included good damage while in close range.
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    If the ranged vs melee is an issue why stam players think magicka should be weaker, there would be a very easy fix for it: "All spells now deal 15% more tooltip damage depending on distance to target."
    Edited by jhharvest on September 21, 2016 2:17PM
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    The_Saint wrote: »
    Undaunted plunder:

Vet mode cp 10 and vet mode cp 160 give the same amount of plunder?

From lvl 3 motif farm runs to low cp lvl gold farm?

There is no Vet mode CP10 anymore. The game scales everyone to CP160 all the time :)
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on September 21, 2016 5:30PM
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    Undaunted plunder:

There is no Vet mode CP10 anymore. The game scales everyone to CP160 all the time :)

Does hard mode change the amount of plunder?
    @ZOS_Finn
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undaunted plunder:

@ZOS_Finn

hard mode should just drop that 10k collectible.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can you tell us if there are any plans whatsoever to boost master weapons at all. It is so bad. A master destro staff does not provide any benefit vs a regular Dropped or crafted staff with a weapon damage enchant. It needs to give more magicka and have a stronger enchant
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Survey Reports
    • Survey Reports are no longer unique items, and now stack to 200. Only one Survey Report will be used each time you approach and harvest the associated survey report site.

@ZOS_GinaBruno ,
    Great practical improvement :)
    Saving transactional hassle and inventory space.

Could the same be done with Treasure Maps ?
    (they are on PTS still considered as unique items, preventing stacking)

"I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »

Survey Reports
    • Survey Reports are no longer unique items, and now stack to 200. Only one Survey Report will be used each time you approach and harvest the associated survey report site.

Ummm what would be the point of a "Treasure Map" if it dropped pointless stuff. Its a TREASURE MAP, plus if you read the patch notes for 2.6.0. You would have saw that the quality of the item is scaled of your ledgerman.

It should awlays drop a unique item in alot of players eyes or treasure maps would be worthless and ZOS wouldn't have them ?

It wouldn't be no fun to get maps in the crown store or find the them. Or purchase them in a guild trader if you got poop items. I think the argument is you dont want to increase an additional skill line to get a great item.

The point is some people like to go on treasure hunts, and see if they will get a great item to use. Its great for the economy of the game and also makes treasure maps useful again.

Thank you @ZOS_GinaBruno

• shrb
    shrb
    ✭✭

Survey Reports

Ummm what would be the point of a "Treasure Map" if it dropped pointless stuff. Its a TREASURE MAP, plus if you read the patch notes for 2.6.0. You would have saw that the quality of the item is scaled of your ledgerman.

It should awlays drop a unique item in alot of players eyes or treasure maps would be worthless and ZOS wouldn't have them ?

It wouldn't be no fun to get maps in the crown store or find the them. Or purchase them in a guild trader if you got poop items. I think the argument is you dont want to increase an additional skill line to get a great item.

The point is some people like to go on treasure hunts, and see if they will get a great item to use. Its great for the economy of the game and also makes treasure maps useful again.

Thank you @ZOS_GinaBruno

you didnt understand what he said.

Treasure map, (as in the item itself (i.e. stormhaven trasure map II), NOT what you get out from the chest), are "unique" items.

Surveys (as in the item itself, i.e. stormhaven blacksmith survey) were changed so that you can stack them up.

So, you could have 3 treasure maps in your inventory (each spawning a chest)in the same inventory slot and not clatter your inventory
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno hey can you have them check glennumbra enchanting survey map, one of the nodes is hidden or something and you can't reset it unless you log out
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Survey Reports

Thank you @ZOS_GinaBruno

@Shokasegambit1

You do not understand my question,
    If I find a Treasure map, I will save it up until I have enough Treasure Maps to go to the place to dig up the treasure.

I started yesterday checking on PTS what Treasure Maps in Wrothgar give on Wrothgar Armor sets:
    what kind of Jewelry, what kind of Traits like Sturdy on Pariah or Sharpened on Weapons
    All that to report back here on the PTS Forum

I did yesterday evening about 25 of my 50 Wrothgar Maps: 25 times logging in, 25 times logging out..... and it was time to go to sleep
    today i do the rest

It is pragmatic, it is about the transactional hassle and inventory
    NOT about semantics of Unique items that are yes or no behind a Survey or a Map.

Edited by hrothbern on September 22, 2016 6:22AM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Undaunted plunder:

@ZOS_Finn

hard mode should just drop that 10k collectible.

It only drops that once every 5 days.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Light Speaker: Increased this item set’s Spell Damage bonus to your Restoration Staff abilities to 450 Spell Damage from 400.

This set sucks wanna change it?
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »
    Light Speaker: Increased this item set’s Spell Damage bonus to your Restoration Staff abilities to 450 Spell Damage from 400.

This set sucks wanna change it?

Restro have any damage abilities?