Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.6.2

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Sorcerer
    Daedric Summoning
    Daedric Curse: The damage done to the primary target can no longer be blocked for this ability and its morphs. The area of effect damage to all secondary targets can still be blocked." - Bunker Buster baby

"Destruction Staff
    Tri Focus: Reverted the bug fix that caused Shock Heavy Attacks to not splash damage to nearby enemies during the entire channeled attack. The tooltip of Tri Focus has been updated to reflect this change.
    "

Best natch potes since TG <3
    Edited by Mayrael on September 20, 2016 3:34PM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Almariel
    Almariel
    ✭✭✭
    Alliance War & PvP
    General
    • Keep walls can no longer be repaired when between 95% and 100% health while under attack.

noo.. this is such an important piece of stategic defense, please reconsider that once more. :(
    @Sevryiel - daheim auf dem PC-EU Server
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno does any other new sets will get their style too? Like Shalk exoskeleton that is breton style right now but probably should be in unique ashlander style like Red Mountain set.
    Edited by Cinbri on September 20, 2016 3:37PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    OVERVIEW
    ..... hope you enjoy this latest patch which is approximately 180MB in size.
    ]

Downloader seems to be larger than 180MB

I'm currently at 31% with just over 3000mb left

Whoops, yeah. 180MB is not correct. We're working on getting a new estimate, but in the meantime we'll just remove that from the Overview. Thanks for the heads up!

Oh boy, backpeddling a bit here. 180MB is the correct patch size, but it will appear that it's larger when the patcher begins applying the patch (it will always seem bigger than what you just downloaded). It's a little confusing, but rest assured that the download is only about 180MB.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    Exploration & Itemization
    General
    Rewards in Maelstrom Arena will now reliably scale all the way to CP160 instead of stopping at CP 150 in Normal mode.

I really hope this doesn't mean Maelstrom weapons drop in normal?

And nerfing Cruel Flurry when many of us have spent 500+ runs to get the perfect weapons?!

Your weapons are still perfect, the bonus is just slightly reduced. They are still best in slot so you won't have to walk without crutches just yet.
    Edited by Hiero_Glyph on September 20, 2016 3:38PM
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Padhraigh wrote: »
    So there will be no Undaunted Plunder dropping from MA/vMA, correct? Only from group trials?

Correct. It will only drop from Trial bosses in Veteran difficulty.

This is bad, it should drop from VMA too since that costs a lot in resources as well, and everything is is BoP there.

Also would you mind explaining the adjusted drops on Normal Maelstrom Arena? Surely weapons don't drop there now?
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES

Undaunted Plunder
    We've heard your feedback regarding the inability to make money by running Veteran Trials, and added Undaunted Plunder to the Veteran mode of all Trials.
    • By defeating bosses in the Veteran-mode Trials, you'll earn Undaunted Plunder – valuable items that can be sold to merchants for 1000 gold each.
    • Each boss you defeat will drop an increased amount of Undaunted Plunder that you can sell.
    • We're continuing to keep an eye on these rewards, and will continue to adjust them as needed.

QFhhrIo.gif

Lord FENGRUSH here to pillage and plunder
    Comin for dat booty and im'a go down under
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything in this patch is perfect, I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Keep it up, ZOS!

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    That undaunted plunder though

Job well done zos, it might not seem like much but it's going to help

Stack that booty.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cruel Flurry (Maelstrom Dual Wield enchantment): Reduced this enchantment’s bonus to Weapon and Spell Damage on your next single-target damage over time ability to 2003 from 3096.

Why are all stamina DPS based classes being nerfed instead of just Dragonknights? No one is pushing numbers like them, and you've effectively reduced Stam DPS to the point where you can only be a DK to stay relevant.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rich Hundo is my hero
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

Undaunted Plunder
    We've heard your feedback regarding the inability to make money by running Veteran Trials, and added Undaunted Plunder to the Veteran mode of all Trials.
    • By defeating bosses in the Veteran-mode Trials, you'll earn Undaunted Plunder – valuable items that can be sold to merchants for 1000 gold each.
    • Each boss you defeat will drop an increased amount of Undaunted Plunder that you can sell.
    • We're continuing to keep an eye on these rewards, and will continue to adjust them as needed.

QFhhrIo.gif

Lord FENGRUSH here to pillage and plunder
    Comin for dat booty and im'a go down under
    @FENGRUSH Time to do some trials
    ivGXYrb.gif
    #MOREORBS
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    i spent many hours on test server to track different issues
    questions from PTS tester to @ZOS_GinaBruno:

1) cp160 mobs in cyrodiil still provide exp like they are cp140, intended or bug?
    2) mobs in delves around Tamriel provide same cp140 exp like mobs in Cyro, intended or bug?
    CP300 template character with exp scroll - overland regular mob - 2380-2484 exp, Cyrodiil overland+delve/Tamriel delve regular mob - 1780-2100 exp
    3) old IC sets for Tel-Var like Black Rose, Shieldbreaker and others, should come with all parts, but they didnt on PTS, intended or bug?
    I spent a few million tel var on the black rose and random reward boxes. No weapons, jewelry, shields, or sturdy.
    4) what about Coldharbour, there is no Dark Anchors, so the only way to get jewerly from overland sets - treasure maps?
    5) 3-part rare sets from dungeons will be removed completely? example what im talking about - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/289617/3-part-sets-from-dungeons-will-be-removed
    6) BOP change to current sets we have in our pockets will be retroactive? because right now its not, players who have old sets on their characters still have them BOE, when character copy was done
    7) Dragonstar Arena loot drop becomes BoP? (not specified in patch notes, and i cant test this solo)
    8) Para Bellum is also missing from the Maelstrom Arena line. Does it still drop there?
    9) how we can get gold jewerly of overland sets? The price for gold ring "Silk of the Sun" - 1+ million of gold on live servers because of this
    10) i opened advanced chests in Imperial City Sewers, but didnt get any set pieces - intended or bug? same about Imperial City Districts
    11) The Resistant CP on the PTS is granting greater values of Critical Resistance for each point invested than on live. is this intended? more info here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3352850/#Comment_3352850
    Edited by Lumbermill_Emperor on September 20, 2016 4:04PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still no Clouding swarm fix
  • NyPetiwowp
    NyPetiwowp
    ✭✭
    ZOS don't nerf! Buff what is weaker!

Give magicka ppl more things and don't nerf meal dw!
    Edited by NyPetiwowp on September 21, 2016 9:28AM
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also would you mind explaining the adjusted drops on Normal Maelstrom Arena? Surely weapons don't drop there now?

I'd imagine it's because Normal Maelstrom's gear was just vendor trash once you reached CP160 or higher, since it only ever scaled to CP150. And if you aren't capable of farming Veteran, you could never get CP160 gear of those sets... and from what I've seen, most if not all the Maelstrom sets (not weapons, obviously) are pretty bad and not highly desired at all.

I've got no problem farming Normal Maelstrom for Hunt (Stamina summon/pet based) gear... don't think I'll become OP with that set or anything.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undaunted plunder:

Vet mode cp 10 and vet mode cp 160 give the same amount of plunder?

From lvl 3 motif farm runs to low cp lvl gold farm?
    Edited by The_Saint on September 20, 2016 3:52PM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
    #BuffSam
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    DPShiro wrote: »
    Padhraigh wrote: »
    So there will be no Undaunted Plunder dropping from MA/vMA, correct? Only from group trials?

Correct. It will only drop from Trial bosses in Veteran difficulty.

This is bad, it should drop from VMA too since that costs a lot in resources as well, and everything is is BoP there.

No, weapons do not drop in Normal mode now. We didn't change what types of items drop in Normal MA, just that they'll now scale to CP160.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd imagine it's because Normal Maelstrom's gear was just vendor trash once you reached CP160 or higher, since it only ever scaled to CP150. And if you aren't capable of farming Veteran, you could never get CP160 gear of those sets... and from what I've seen, most if not all the Maelstrom sets (not weapons, obviously) are pretty bad and not highly desired at all.

I've got no problem farming Normal Maelstrom for Hunt (Stamina summon/pet based) gear... don't think I'll become OP with that set or anything.

No I don't care about any of those sets either, but it was mysteriously worded so I had to ask.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can my dk get a poison whip now that maelstrom flurry are rip, and explain the logic in magicka dps from 28 meters should have same dps as a 5 meter stam dps.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Shouldn't change Lamia song set for scaling. it is now from interesting set automatically went into category of usless sets :tired_face:

The scaling is actually fine, the amount healed just needs to be increased to compensate. That way you can use it as a large burst heal or a small one. It also has the potential to combine with other healing ultimates.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cruel Flurry (Maelstrom Dual Wield enchantment): Reduced this enchantment’s bonus to Weapon and Spell Damage on your next single-target damage over time ability to 2003 from 3096.

Why are all stamina DPS based classes being nerfed instead of just Dragonknights? No one is pushing numbers like them, and you've effectively reduced Stam DPS to the point where you can only be a DK to stay relevant.

While I agree with StamDK needing a nerf, I disagree with the rest of your comment.

With the nerf to Cruel Flurry, other stamina builds are now more in line with most magic builds (#Sorclivesmatter), meaning the game is slowly becoming more balanced than it was previously. Stamina Builds still have more damage overall than magic but it's a step in the right direction.
    Argonian forever
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wD6A4oJ.png
    #MOREORBS
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Light Speaker: Increased this item set’s Spell Damage bonus to your Restoration Staff abilities to 450 Spell Damage from 400.
    • Spider Cultist Cowl: Increased this item set’s Spell Damage bonus to your Destruction Staff abilities to 450 Spell Damage from 400.
    • Sword Dancer: Increased this item set’s Weapon Damage bonus to your Dual Wield abilities to 450 Weapon Damage from 400.
    • Sword-Singer: Increased this item set’s Weapon Damage bonus to your Two Handed abilities to 450 Weapon Damage from 400.

May I ask why similar sets that increase Spell Damage for specific elemental damage (Netch's Touch, Silks of the Sun, Ysgramor's Birthright) were not improved as well? Or is that still planned?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While I agree with StamDK needing a nerf, I disagree with the rest of your comment.

With the nerf to Cruel Flurry, other stamina builds are now more in line with most magic builds (#Sorclivesmatter), meaning the game is slowly becoming more balanced than it was previously. Stamina Builds still have more damage overall than magic but it's a step in the right direction.

The issue again is with relevance. Stamina DPS is already being tuned out of the meta due to the alarming increase of incoming damage. Stamina lacks defensive and healing capabilities in PvE compared to caster, and lowering Stamina's damage gap makes them useless. Why gain 2k DPS with a higher chance of dying, when you can no death? Magicka needs buffing, not vice versa.

On top of that, this nerf will not answer the gap at all in PvP, which is what most people complain about.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Vezuls
    Vezuls
    ✭✭✭
    Magic definitely should have been buffed, but why not take the easy way out? Not really surprised tbh.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The_Saint wrote: »
    Undaunted plunder:

It's my understanding that there will be no more lower-level/lower-CP trial runs because everything will be automatically scaled up to CP160.

RIP baby motif runs.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, you people moaning about the cruel flurry nerf make me laugh. It's still BiS, and you still are Infront of magicka builds.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they seriously make more items BoP?! I want to PvP when I have time to play, not run Dungeons.

Next patch is looking more and more depressing for my preferred playstyle. We'll see how it goes, but loosing confidence that the game will keep me satisfied if this is the direction they are moving in :-(

/sadpanda
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Saint wrote: »
    Undaunted plunder:

One Tamriel/Update 12 scales everyone up to CP150 (CP160?), there will no longer be any downscaling at all as far as I know. Any group content will ALWAYS be CP160 mobs, even if the full group is made up of level 10's: they'll just be boosted upwards.

So I don't think it'll be possible to cheese anything anymore.
  • Alanar
    Alanar
    ✭✭✭✭
    • There are nine daily quests associated with this event themed for each of the Tamrielic race’s celebrations of New Life.

What, no quest for Imperials?