The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v2.6.2

• The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can my dk get a poison whip now that maelstrom flurry are rip, and explain the logic in magicka dps from 28 meters should have same dps as a 5 meter stam dps.

when you now do the same dps with you stam dk as a range magicka you do many things wrong...

Edited by The_Saint on September 20, 2016 4:08PM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Saint wrote: »
    Undaunted plunder:

Vet mode cp 10 and vet mode cp 160 give the same amount of plunder?

From lvl 3 motif farm runs to low cp lvl gold farm?
    It's my understanding that there will be no more lower-level/lower-CP trial runs because everything will be automatically scaled up to CP160.

RIP baby motif runs.

Edit: Someone beat me to it D:

One Tamriel/Update 12 scales everyone up to CP150 (CP160?), there will no longer be any downscaling at all as far as I know. Any group content will ALWAYS be CP160 mobs, even if the full group is made up of level 10's: they'll just be boosted upwards.

So I don't think it'll be possible to cheese anything anymore.

Edited by Transairion on September 20, 2016 4:09PM
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undaunted Plunder
    We've heard your feedback regarding the inability to make money by running Veteran Trials, and added Undaunted Plunder to the Veteran mode of all Trials.
    • By defeating bosses in the Veteran-mode Trials, you'll earn Undaunted Plunder – valuable items that can be sold to merchants for 1000 gold each.
    • Each boss you defeat will drop an increased amount of Undaunted Plunder that you can sell.
    • We're continuing to keep an eye on these rewards, and will continue to adjust them as needed.
    Come on @ZOS_Finn @ZOS_RichLambert this is such a lazy approach and will destroy the economy even more than is already being done with everything becoming bop. The inflation that this is going to cause will be ridiculous. Pots will skyrocket in price and gold tempers will go from a ridiculous price that they're at now to almost unaffordable. Sure in the short term it will work fine because players will have some sort of income, however every single trials run will basically just be printing 120k gold and adding that to the economy where as if you gave us an item to trade to other players such as maybe flowers or so that we can either keep them and make pots or sell them to other players for gold it would be a much better solution. Instead of just causing inflation it will cause the price of pots to drop since mats will be easier to acquire and the people running trials will still be able to make money from them but just from other players with gold that is already in the economy instead of from a vendor creating new gold. As it is right now there is nothing to take gold out of the economy instead it just flows from one player to another. There is no tax or item that you need to buy from npcs for gold. Please reconsider this change and dont let it go live. Even if you need to remove any sort of income from vet trials for a period of time I would rather see that than a system that will ruin the economy in the long run.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    Padhraigh wrote: »
    So there will be no Undaunted Plunder dropping from MA/vMA, correct? Only from group trials?

Correct. It will only drop from Trial bosses in Veteran difficulty.

This is bad, it should drop from VMA too since that costs a lot in resources as well, and everything is is BoP there.

Also would you mind explaining the adjusted drops on Normal Maelstrom Arena? Surely weapons don't drop there now?

No, weapons do not drop in Normal mode now. We didn't change what types of items drop in Normal MA, just that they'll now scale to CP160.

Thank you for confirming.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this patch, and grinding dungeons gives me a reason to get my undaunted level up on my alts.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't seem to have any quest markers for the Holiday Event, as of now its trial and error on finding what I need
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can my dk get a poison whip now that maelstrom flurry are rip, and explain the logic in magicka dps from 28 meters should have same dps as a 5 meter stam dps.

Stam will still out DPS every magic class except melee magic dk. The nerf is going to cause DKs to lose ~5k dps if that and the other classes 3-4k dps. As it is on melee advantageous fights (which is 80% of the trials fights in this game) stam is out dpsing range mag builds by 10k+ which is over a 20% dps difference between mag and stam. This will bring hat gap down to ~10% which is fair since as you mentioned stam is forced melee.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow this is the most impressive patch i have ever seen so far. Good jpb ZOS so many of my concerns were fully addressed... #Hyped
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES

Undaunted Plunder
    We've heard your feedback regarding the inability to make money by running Veteran Trials, and added Undaunted Plunder to the Veteran mode of all Trials.
    • By defeating bosses in the Veteran-mode Trials, you'll earn Undaunted Plunder – valuable items that can be sold to merchants for 1000 gold each.
    • Each boss you defeat will drop an increased amount of Undaunted Plunder that you can sell.
    • We're continuing to keep an eye on these rewards, and will continue to adjust them as needed.

QFhhrIo.gif

Lord FENGRUSH here to pillage and plunder
    Comin for dat booty and im'a go down under

Rec for Flynt Flossy.
  • FLambda
    FLambda
    ✭✭✭
    Alanar wrote: »
    NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES
    • There are nine daily quests associated with this event themed for each of the Tamrielic race’s celebrations of New Life.
    What, no quest for Imperials?
    Ouch, poor Imperials!
    Remember: there's no such thing as the Universal Standard of Descriptional Qualifications and Metrics.

The Wisdom of M'aiq the Liar:
    • You wish to become a lich? It's very easy, my friend. Simply find the heart of a lich, combine it with the tongue of a dragon, and cook it with the flesh of a well-ridden horse. This combination is certain to make you undead.
    • M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Increased the experience gained in Cyrodiil from monsters, players, and quests by 25%. Experience gained in Cyrodiil Delves, Imperial City, and Imperial Sewers remains unchanged.

Are those monsters only non-human overland enemy NPC or is that any overland enemy NPC?

Thanks
    Edited by SpAEkus on September 20, 2016 4:41PM
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Increased the experience gained in Cyrodiil from monsters, players, and quests by 25%. Experience gained in Cyrodiil Delves, Imperial City, and Imperial Sewers remains unchanged.

Are those monsters only non-human overland NPC or is that any overland enemy NPC?

Thanks

"Monster" often refer to all enemies including NCP one, so I suppose that overland NCP are concerned.
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    The sets that add 400 weapon/spell damage to restoration, destruction, dual wield and two hand abilities had their 5 piece bonus increased to 450. Do sets such as netch and silks of the sun have their 5 piece increased to 450 as well? Or are they left at 400? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The unique items received the dungeons listed below are now Bind on Pickup, and are now part of the item sets for their dungeon.
    Banished Cells II
    City of Ash II
    Darkshade Cavern II
    Elden Hollow II
    Fungal Grotto II
    Spindleclutch II
    Wayrest Sewers II

Does this mean the sets in these dungeons are bop now? Or something else
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IxskullzxI wrote: »
    The sets that add 400 weapon/spell damage to restoration, destruction, dual wield and two hand abilities had their 5 piece bonus increased to 450. Do sets such as netch and silks of the sun have their 5 piece increased to 450 as well? Or are they left at 400? @ZOS_GinaBruno

I hope not just because of automaton, but I think frost/thunder one need a serious boost (and not only a damage increase). A boost to sun will be a little too competitive over spellweave.
  • Pepper8Jack
    Pepper8Jack
    ✭✭✭
    KNOWN

[*]Maelstrom Arena currently provides twice as many rewards as intended.
    [/list]

You could..... you know..... not fix these. I don't think anybody would mind if you just went ahead and ignored it for a while....
    Edited by Pepper8Jack on September 20, 2016 5:29PM
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay, I can finally buy pariah set. I wanted to play with it for so long, but it wasn't worth grinding for. Too many layers of bad RNG. Can these sets have their trait pool updated? I want sturdy pieces.
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    IxskullzxI wrote: »

I hope not just because of automaton, but I think frost/thunder one need a serious boost (and not only a damage increase). A boost to sun will be a little too competitive over spellweave.

True, but it's not like 2h needs morr damage than it already has. I don't think it would be unreasonable to buff silks and match as well.
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That Draugr Hulk set nerf is just a big slap in the face. This wont change anything. Big woop 500 stamina.

Edit: If you want to know what to change, change 1 of the set bonuses to weapon damage and reduce the 5 piece to 2k max stam to compensate. The problem this set creates is with passives that scale with max stamina (Battle roar, Adrenaline Rush). 500 stamina wont change anything.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on September 20, 2016 5:58PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone found the party tent in Windhelm yet or the scroll in the Crown store to start the quest. This one she can find neither.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance maelstrom arena can drop plunder as well? The current rewards from normal barely cover the costs of running it flawlessly. Maybe 1x plunder for a nmsa completion and 1x every third stage for vmsa?
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Draugr Hulk set nerf is just a big slap in the face. This wont change anything. Big woop 500 stamina.

Yep. Still too good for no effort required.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's the damn "pavilion outside Windhelm" ??? :'(
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    And nothing done for the magicka DK in terms of buffs or fixes the heals from Dragon Blood....nice.

Guess its time to re-reoll a whole new char then.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undaunted Plunder
    Come on @ZOS_Finn @ZOS_RichLambert this is such a lazy approach and will destroy the economy even more than is already being done with everything becoming bop. The inflation that this is going to cause will be ridiculous. Pots will skyrocket in price and gold tempers will go from a ridiculous price that they're at now to almost unaffordable. Sure in the short term it will work fine because players will have some sort of income, however every single trials run will basically just be printing 120k gold and adding that to the economy where as if you gave us an item to trade to other players such as maybe flowers or so that we can either keep them and make pots or sell them to other players for gold it would be a much better solution. Instead of just causing inflation it will cause the price of pots to drop since mats will be easier to acquire and the people running trials will still be able to make money from them but just from other players with gold that is already in the economy instead of from a vendor creating new gold. As it is right now there is nothing to take gold out of the economy instead it just flows from one player to another. There is no tax or item that you need to buy from npcs for gold. Please reconsider this change and dont let it go live. Even if you need to remove any sort of income from vet trials for a period of time I would rather see that than a system that will ruin the economy in the long run.

I see it as another way to make money by playing instead of mindless farming/making pots.

The same argument could be said of when stealing came out/pvp gained that magickal trader but the price per stack/item of the most important raid/pvp items has always stayed within the 10k-30k range based on an available stock/need ratio.

In the end, the zones being open to all will either increase the price of goods or decrease them, not if raiders gain a Unique way to earn gold inside their preferred location. This will be good for the economy.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Xrucible
    Xrucible
    ✭✭✭

I can pull way more dps on my Stam DK without maelstrom weapons than most of my guild's magika DDs. If you are pulling the same as a magika DD with maelstrom weapons then something else is wrong.
    On a long break from ESO.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stam will still out DPS every magic class except melee magic dk. The nerf is going to cause DKs to lose ~5k dps if that and the other classes 3-4k dps. As it is on melee advantageous fights (which is 80% of the trials fights in this game) stam is out dpsing range mag builds by 10k+ which is over a 20% dps difference between mag and stam. This will bring hat gap down to ~10% which is fair since as you mentioned stam is forced melee.

Precisely! I play both magicka and stamina, those weapons were far too overturned. The classes should be doing more damage, not weapons. Items should not dictate whether or not a class is viable. StamDK is still going to be king of the heap. StamSorc still a near second and NightBlade a near third. MagDK and MagPlar are the only high damage magicka builds, and they have to be in melee range to do that, and are not as strong.
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alcast

And folks were steamed about the $50 mount. ZOS went full ZOS and went for the $250 mount! lol
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How has the 2H ultimate (cost and effect) not been retuned yet? It's game-breaking: too cheap, too good, boosts a weapon everyone already uses and doesn't encourage diversity. @ZOS_GinaBruno Is a change something on the development slate or should we prepare for it to go live?