The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v2.6.2

• RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Restro have any damage abilities?

Do you know that spell damage affect healing too ?
  • deadlychaos1991
    deadlychaos1991
    ✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    Thanks for the great updates. I think this is the first time that I have seen patches within a PTS cycle have significant changes, which suggests you all are working really hard to take into consideration feedback and perfect the update.

A lot has been done already, but if there's any chance that we can be blown away with another awesome revision of the PTS, I'd like to see:

1. Nerfing (don't have a nicer way of putting it) the 2h ultimate and S&B. They are way too overtuned with the return ulti factor.

2. More mirror sets for magicka types that resemble some of the new stamina sets (i.e. a monster helm that acts like Velidreth and gives spell damage with its 1 piece bonus (that isn't Kena - that gives both).

3. Look into some artifact sets, like Ice Furnace, that have trait bonuses that are no longer relevant. Ice Furnace has a 4 piece bonus that gives weapon damage (ummm).

4. Some sets had spell damage and weapon damage increased to 450 from 400. Ok. Can we make sure that all other similar sets receive the same boost?

5. Consider our feedback before going live with the loot crates the way they are. This is a huge business decision, and it's not only going to affect the game's balance, and whether or not people will continue playing the game. It will affect your reputation as a company and whether or not people well...

6. I'm also in favor of seeing maelstrom weapons become more accessible to the general population. Keep the solo arena hard if you want, and incentivize it with something - titles, sellable loot, or bragging right or something, but not the BiS weapons that create a gap in both skill AND build between the haves and havenots.

I'm in favor of everything you put except for the last one. They're called best in slot for a reason. As it stands the only way that anyone has to EARN best in slot gear is the weapons, I.E. Vmsa and vdsa. Everything else is Craftable or easily farmable. If there's no real tangible incentive to run hard content aside from bragging rights, what the hell's the point? If I want bragging rights I can take all my CP away and solo vet dungeons naked or something. There's gotta be a reason to want to run the challenging content or this game will turn into a casual-scrub fest.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equipment Bonus Indicator
    Added an indicator to your Character window that shows how effective your equipment is at your current level. Higher level and quality equipment will provide a larger bonus. Equipment with traits, enchantments, and/or item set bonuses will also provide a larger bonus.
    "Bonus" might be the wrong word; does this actually do anything? If not, there's not really any bonus. If I understand Battle Leveling correctly, gear is scaled based on the respective difference between gear level and player level, and this is therefore an indicator of effectiveness only. Having a small player-to-gear level ratio and higher quality gear doesn't provide any bonuses, it's just more effective.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Arthur_Spoonfondle
    Arthur_Spoonfondle
    ✭✭✭✭
    All these changes are all well and good but, when are there going to be some more new zones opening up?

Zenimax promised that the whole of Tamriel would be made available to play. So far, we have Craglorn and Cyrodiil with the Imperial City.

Looking like a promise that will never be kept...
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these changes are all well and good but, when are there going to be some more new zones opening up?

Zenimax promised that the whole of Tamriel would be made available to play. So far, we have Craglorn and Cyrodiil with the Imperial City.

Looking like a promise that will never be kept...

Hew's Bane, Gold Coast, Wrothgar...
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax promised that the whole of Tamriel would be made available to play.
    They promised no such thing.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "New Life Festival (9/21-9/28)
    Visit the pavilion outside of Windhelm to participate in testing the events for the New Life Festival!
    To begin, you can either travel directly to the Windhelm pavilion, or obtain the quest scroll via the Crown Store.
    Enjoying a drink from the keg at the pavilion will award you with a double XP bonus for 2 hours.
    Note: Indulging in another drink will simply refresh the XP buff.
    There are nine daily quests associated with this event themed for each of the Tamrielic race’s celebrations of New Life.
    You can obtain each quest from Breda, located at the pavilion in Windhelm.
    The quests grant various different rewards including new mementos, recipes, consumables, motifs, achievements, and even a hat!"

Is this only for PTS?
    Sorry for my *** self.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanSan wrote: »
    "New Life Festival (9/21-9/28)
    Visit the pavilion outside of Windhelm to participate in testing the events for the New Life Festival!
    To begin, you can either travel directly to the Windhelm pavilion, or obtain the quest scroll via the Crown Store.
    Enjoying a drink from the keg at the pavilion will award you with a double XP bonus for 2 hours.
    Note: Indulging in another drink will simply refresh the XP buff.
    There are nine daily quests associated with this event themed for each of the Tamrielic race’s celebrations of New Life.
    You can obtain each quest from Breda, located at the pavilion in Windhelm.
    The quests grant various different rewards including new mementos, recipes, consumables, motifs, achievements, and even a hat!"

Is this only for PTS?
    Sorry for my *** self.
    Yes, because it's there for testing. Assuming it passes testing, it'll be on Live in December.
  • Chilla_Deluxe
    Chilla_Deluxe
    ✭✭✭
    KNOWN

[*]Maelstrom Arena currently provides twice as many rewards as intended.
    [/list]

You could..... you know..... not fix these. I don't think anybody would mind if you just went ahead and ignored it for a while....

It prolly doesn't apply to the last weapon chest.
    ✭✭✭
    Please, restore Bound Aegis eye glow! I love this effect.
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alexium wrote: »

Did they do something with it? Nothing about this in the patch notes.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »

The announced and executed change took place with the HIST DLC.
    But currently there is a difference between live and PTS, as you can see from the screenshots below.
    However, it looks to me that the difference of the eye glow is coming from the general difference between live & PTS in colors, brightness, whatever.

see for yourself:

live screenshot:
    GYgMT6J.jpg?1

PTS screenshot:
    Tv6vKLx.jpg?1

Edited by hrothbern on September 26, 2016 11:23AM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »
    Dymence wrote: »

The announced and executed change took place with the HIST DLC.
    But currently there is a difference between live and PTS, as you can see from the screenshots below.
    However, it looks to me that the difference of the eye glow is coming from the general difference between live & PTS in colors, brightness, whatever.

see for yourself:

live screenshot:
    GYgMT6J.jpg?1

PTS screenshot:
    Tv6vKLx.jpg?1

Yeah I know it changed with hist, but the poster I replied to seemed to imply the eye glow was removed entirely. Doesn't seem to be the case, can't see much/any difference in your screenshots at least.
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    The_Saint wrote: »
    Undaunted plunder:

Vet mode cp 10 and vet mode cp 160 give the same amount of plunder?

From lvl 3 motif farm runs to low cp lvl gold farm?

There is no Vet mode CP10 anymore. The game scales everyone to CP160 all the time :)

Does hard mode change the amount of plunder?
    @ZOS_Finn

No, but Hard Mode gives you the item worth 10k Gold once every 5 Days as it currently does in addition to the Plunder.
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The_Saint wrote: »
    Undaunted plunder:

Vet mode cp 10 and vet mode cp 160 give the same amount of plunder?

From lvl 3 motif farm runs to low cp lvl gold farm?

There is no Vet mode CP10 anymore. The game scales everyone to CP160 all the time :)

Does hard mode change the amount of plunder?
    @ZOS_Finn

No, but Hard Mode gives you the item worth 10k Gold once every 5 Days as it currently does in addition to the Plunder.

I recommend that you consider adding a few additional plunders to HM completions given that they take longer.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn @ZOS_GinaBruno

Having inner light on one bar (major prophecy), take a pot with major prophecy and switch to other bar without inner light i still lose major prophecy...
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis