Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    This just happened to me at ash in vivec lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i2yhjaPzY4

okay, first things first - what is it you would prefer to be called: haley, star or jake?

it's always hard to tell with gamer tags and different ID's...

now to the business at hand - cool and fun looking fight - thanks for sharing :)

ugh, i know how frustrating it is to all of a sudden be the only thing on the screen moving - except for those annoying matriarch wings (nothing seems to be able to crash them)...

lastly, granted i'm off work and home medicating (superman o gee :o) and marinating (mo-del-o)...

so, take this as it is - that was really freaking cool with the sound effects and watching you walk around...especislly the sound effects...

I got this weird wish to hear folks scream when I pour flaming oil on them...

don't judge...

man, i got a bunch of those kinda clips saved...

hope you at least got some AP and the castle when you came back in...

You can call me Jake I actually prefer it better the only reason my psn is Haley is because I started out on that psn it was actually a troll psn not meant to be my main but by the time I wanted to switch to my other psn I had already gotten well know on the Haley one so I just stuck with it lol unfortunately tho I didn't get no ap after I disconnected after I came back the keep was already flipped yellow :neutral: but I've become use to not getting ap do to disconnects on PS4 I just wished somewhere down the line they would improve the server's on PS4 or something even tho pvp is hectic for some it's the only part of eso I actually enjoy the most it makes it extremely hard to like playing something that lags this bad tho

Well this is the thing. Despite it's flaws, ESO is still the best PVP out there. It was definitely a missed opportunity though.

missed opportunity is a really good way of putting it...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 2, 2018 9:30PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭
    When y’all say “not even a coordinated group can’t whype that Zerg” I cringe because a coordinated group can take out a destro group.
    This is a 11 man, but if you notice, they’re stacking heals, they’re stacking dps, listening, moving quick (reaction time) etc.
    different strokes for different folks, but this is why I play pvp. https://youtu.be/ymAzOca58Ko
    (Soulless Knights)
    AD Stoneey DK (Vr16) homeless
    AD StoneyHeals Templar (Vr16) homeless
    AD Stoknee NB (v1) Training
    AD Psychosis Sorc (37) Training
    Options
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thats basically Atrocity on PS4 NA, Nesquik's guild that is usually dominating, but the one in the video leaves a slightly smaller trail of bodies, haha! Good stuff though. Negate root spammer, probably a defile tank in their group as well, and all AOE dps w/ 2 healers looks like as well. Very optimized.
    Options
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched the first 5 mins of the video. It shows a group doing co-ordinated zerg balling on disorganised players. Yes that works on disorganised players but ask organised groups how they go against organised groups 2-3 times their size.

A certain red Emp is running an organised ball group this campaign in Vivec. It works against disorganised groups but ask him how he goes against an organised group twice his size (12 v 24).
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I count 15, but just nitpicking! lol
    Options
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭
    I count 15, but just nitpicking! lol

Wrong video that’s awkward.
    Thats basically Atrocity on PS4 NA, Nesquik's guild that is usually dominating, but the one in the video leaves a slightly smaller trail of bodies, haha! Good stuff though. Negate root spammer, probably a defile tank in their group as well, and all AOE dps w/ 2 healers looks like as well. Very optimized.

You add 1 organized group within that mass group of unorganized groups, that group will whype period.
    Stop with the excuses , I gave you guys a solution to counter them but you guys say “ball group”

I love fighting against organized groups, can’t wait for Aoe caps and I’ll be leading again, I never had A issue with gooches group, only when it’s gooch AND the alliance, Overly hyped
    Edited by Stoney_McGeee on February 4, 2018 2:29PM
    (Soulless Knights)
    Options
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭
    Also they’re not 24 deep. They’re maybe 14
    Deep.
    Nessquick Goes back to the baconator days, this game is built around counters.
    24 vs 12 next patch the 12 will
    Come
    Up on top because of the debuff 24 gets.
    Get more organized let’s kill the Meta of 1vX solo’ing
    Pointless in open world vs zergs .
    (Soulless Knights)
    Options
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also they’re not 24 deep. They’re maybe 14
    Deep.
    Nessquick Goes back to the baconator days, this game is built around counters.
    24 vs 12 next patch the 12 will
    Come
    Up on top because of the debuff 24 gets.
    Get more organized let’s kill the Meta of 1vX solo’ing
    Pointless in open world vs zergs .

Yep haven't seen Gooch with more than 12. That was the point, against an organised 24 he is getting wiped even with Emp. Will wait and see how the changes go. Looking forward to AoE cap removal

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
    Options
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure what you're on about, what are you even saying? Nobody was complaining... I run in organized groups, why would I have a problem with them? Can you please read?

So you're against people 1vXing? Why is that such an issue?

Nowhere have I ever said an organized group of players couldn't do something. I've always said organized groups are the only ones able to do anything actually, so before you go off on me, inform yourself and recognize who you're speaking to. I'm not involved in whatever discussion you were having before. I complimented the video, silly. English not your first language or what?
    Edited by Abysswarrior45 on February 4, 2018 10:39PM
    Options
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭
    Not everything i said was 100% directed to you.
    Stop taking things so personally.
    I’m not against 1vXers I’m against people being full of themselves and thinking “zerging” means unskilled.

If the meta changed to more organized groups, and ultimates in rotation, Hots morphed stacked, pvp would be way more interesting.
    A Emp group with 12 can and should take on 24, Idk what your pvp experience is but you can do that without emp.
    And madden isn’t a coordinated 24 man group. He yells “proxy , says drop ultis and says stack on crown”
    Proxy’s aren’t even synchronized, ultimates are randomly being dropped nothing called.
    All you have to do is wait for their ulti drop and after push into them.
    @Abysswarrior45
    (Soulless Knights)
    Options
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m not against 1vXers I’m against people being full of themselves and thinking “zerging” means unskilled.

If the meta changed to more organized groups, and ultimates in rotation, Hots morphed stacked, pvp would be way more interesting.
    A Emp group with 12 can and should take on 24, Idk what your pvp experience is but you can do that without emp.
    And madden isn’t a coordinated 24 man group. He yells “proxy , says drop ultis and says stack on crown”
    Proxy’s aren’t even synchronized, ultimates are randomly being dropped nothing called.
    @Abysswarrior45

Thats an opinion and you need to understand zerging and organized groups are very different. When someone says "zergling" they're referring to a player running in groups with no knowledge of the game or organization who spam 1 skill and ball up mindlessly pushing whatever. That doesn't require any amount of skill. Anyone can grab a controller and tab 1 button amongst 70 people and kill 1 guy or several.

Furthermore, I still don't know what you're on about when you start talking about people being successful in outnumbered odds. Nobody in this forums to my knowledge has said its impossible to do or dissed organized groups. Why do you keep saying as a group of 12 you should do X Y and Z against 24? We're all very happy with the AOE removal changes and we understand what it means. I'm still very confused on what you're on about.
    Options
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭

@Abysswarrior45

Thats an opinion and you need to understand zerging and organized groups are very different. When someone says "zergling" they're referring to a player running in groups with no knowledge of the game or organization who spam 1 skill and ball up mindlessly pushing whatever. That doesn't require any amount of skill. Anyone can grab a controller and tab 1 button amongst 70 people and kill 1 guy or several.

Furthermore, I still don't know what you're on about when you start talking about people being successful in outnumbered odds. Nobody in this forums to my knowledge has said its impossible to do or dissed organized groups. Why do you keep saying as a group of 12 you should do X Y and Z against 24? We're all very happy with the AOE removal changes and we understand what it means. I'm still very confused on what you're on about.

People in game and in this thread has been just complainng about DC zergs and Groups like Baconator / nesquick / gooch/ smurf squad / Zerg squad / banana squad.
    It isn’t a new way of playing, just console is slow at coordinating.
    I’m simply stating how to counter those 40man zergs like madden.
    (Soulless Knights)
    Options
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    People have been complaining about zergs and gooch, not everything else you mentioned. Just so you know, not all zergs are possible to take down with 12 people. Especially with all the tanks rolling around lately. And I disagree with any complaints towards Gooch since the guy usually runs very small groups and leaves solo players alone, but thats been said by geonsocal too. Not every complaint is serious, sometimes its just banter or venting and I think its ok to complain about the whole bandwagon thing with everyone hopping over to DC and EP lately.
    Options
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I certainly wasn't complaining about Gooch. I think he is a good player and he pulls other good players with him to run small to medium groups. I was only referring to him as an example of a current ball group.

Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm so excited - had the god kids over this weekend, so, haven't had a chance to get in to cyrodiil and play...getting ready to bring them on back home - whew, this parenting stuff ain't no joke...ugh, so much work :#

it's funny, my god daughter, who's 16 now, never really took to video games...she would usually get frustrated easily and not want to play...she's started playing a little NBA 2k now...

my god son though has been gaming since he was three...six now and he loves gaming...big spiderman game fan...actually puts up a pretty good fight 1v1 in disney infinity :)

I'll let him play eso and do a little farming or play the werewolf and fight monsters occasionally...

he's watched me more than a few times play in cyro...usually just trolls me and tells me i die a lot, cuz, he'll want to play a different game...

I have no idea how real parents can play with their kids around - it's a challenge...

one time I had him following a zerg in cyro and help zerg down other players...it was too funny to think of a six year old zerging down some other folks...

definitely a good commentary on mmo pvp...

I'll check on the score later and see about putting in some time...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 5, 2018 8:18AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    picked up the gold netches touch necklace...i don't have any other pieces yet - but, i can see some fun with an all electric build on my mag sorc at some point...

came up on a set of spell power cure...had about 1,500 or so keys, teeth, claws and what not - so bought 10 chest keys and came away with the needed weapons, 5 pcs of armor, and a ring...

want to use it on my mag warden, but, he's still only level 38...gonna give it a try on my magplar with either elegance, transmutation or VD...haven't decided yet...

ugh, I've finally come to accept that I need to get back to pugging certain pledge dungeons...even got my tank set up...i've only really either tanked or healed before in groups...

need a mighty chudan hat so I can take off the impregnable set on my mag sorc (thinking of going 2pc chudan, 5 pc spinners, 5 pc julianos - on SnB bar)...

at least once or twice a year I try to switch things up on all my characters...
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i really don't get too upset when weird things happen anymore - been trapped in the inner keep of ft. alewell for about 15 minutes...

initially I just couldn't get out the doors (target out of range), then when I tried jumping over the wall - it kept porting me back to the stairs inside the keep...

at times there would be partial freezes - siege engine working, but nothing else moving...

made it to the aleswell farm once, but, got a loading screen and ported back to the inner keep...

tried walking to glademist (kept getting that message - unable to mount in this location)...made it almost all the way to the glademist mill before getting the load screen and getting ported to the top floor of aleswell...

I think I may have to log out - or die somehow...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 5, 2018 8:48PM
    Options
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing better in this game than running in a small organized group. It really is fun when everything clicks and everyone knows what they're doing.

That said, some of the best times I've had in the game was back in the old Freelance days, running in a full group with Fatkids at the helm. Good times good times.

On another note, I picked up the PSVR system. OMG is it crazy good.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    latest cyrodiil related PTS notes:

You will no longer fall through Outpost or Keep grates when hit by abilities that cause knockbacks.
    - well, that stinks :s

Fixed an issue where quests obtained from Mission Boards were not consistently available.

Oil will now correctly pour through gatehouse grates at Fort Aleswell, Blue Road Keep and Castle Roebeck.

Cross-alliance groups can no longer group queue for Cyrodiil. When queuing in this situation, you will now be entered into your respective alliance solo queue.
    - nice to see them closing that loophole...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 5, 2018 7:28PM
    Options
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cross-alliance groups can no longer group queue for Cyrodiil. When queuing in this situation, you will now be entered into your respective alliance solo queue.[/color] - nice to see them closing that loophole...
    Excellent.

PS4NA
    Options
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    Cross-alliance groups can no longer group queue for Cyrodiil. When queuing in this situation, you will now be entered into your respective alliance solo queue.[/color] - nice to see them closing that loophole...
    Excellent.

I totally imagined you saying that like Mr Burns
    Options
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭

Last night, EP queue was 30+ after 9pm MST. Only two keeps. DC had four keeps. AD had so many enemy keeps under attack. Chat was asking where did all these AD come from? I said EP must be in the sewers. But someone countered with the exploit of queuing in AD with EP player. Ahhhh....

PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    happy friday everyone - whenever in the world you may be :)

yay, just finished the dark brotherhood storyline...it was a lot of fun...kept me out of cyrodiil a bit - but, i enjoy completing some of the content on occasion...plus - my magblade really really needed that robe...

might try to finish the wrothgar story line next...

good to see EP out in front (about a 1k lead on AD and DC last i looked, 20 or so days to go)...so far this campaign i've played a little yellow, but mostly blue...probably wait until the last 10 days or so to get on red...

a few times during the week we've got kicked off the map - i'll tell ya though - after that beat down that DC put on the map last campaign - it's really nice to see AD and EP taking it to DC...

currently changing up my gear sets and skills on my magplar and mag sorc...i'm gonna try to be smart and take them through some public dungeons before rolling them through cyrodiil again - or - i may just leave it exciting and try to figure things out in combat...

oh yeah - public service announcement to all - about 9 out of 10 times while in combat if you get a group on the run - it's perfectly fine to zerg them down and shoot em all in the back :D

however, 1 out of those 10 occasions - those folks that you're chasing will stop, turn around, and then let loose all their ultimates all over you...

yep, standing underneath a flame shower is not good for your characters health...ugh, i swear - it almost always happens when i first log on, and, i'm way too aggressive - but, freaking gooch has got me just about each night...

considering i play all sides - it amazes me that i spend so much time running in to that freaking guy on other alliances...

yeah, nothing makes me feel more like a potato than running headlong in to someone's eye of flame :p

oh yeah - got a chance to say hello to a few regular forum folks last night - always good to see some friendly names...

have fun out there...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 9, 2018 6:47PM
    Options
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny how easily EP slides into 1st place as soon as Atrocity and Fatality play their reds. EP zergs have always been completely useless and small groups have always carried the alliance.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP hasn't had a leader or anything to focus them together for a long time not since Azura's.
    Edited by TequilaFire on February 10, 2018 1:26AM
    Options
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it has, they're still running zergs at this very moment. They just fail to see how unnecessary massive groups are... not to mention they just aren't any good at the game. They don't understand basic game mechanics and have awful leadership like any zerg leader tbh. The only reason EP has ever been so far behind the other alliances is because it has always had the fewest good players. That is a simple fact.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it has, they're still running zergs at this very moment. They just fail to see how unnecessary massive groups are... not to mention they just aren't any good at the game. They don't understand basic game mechanics and have awful leadership like any zerg leader tbh. The only reason EP has ever been so far behind the other alliances is because it has always had the fewest good players. That is a simple fact.

Who? The guild who is sitting out because of Gooch?
    The guild who only plays if their leader gets on who rarely does?
    The guild that farms their own scroll for AP?
    The guild lead by the pug master leader?
    I don't buy it Abyss, we have always had tenacious players just no organization and small scale players whose ego doesn't allow them to work with the rest of the faction - fact.
    Edited by TequilaFire on February 10, 2018 12:11PM
    Options
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭

I don't buy it Abyss, we have always had tenacious players just no organization and small scale players whose ego doesn't allow them to work with the rest of the faction - fact.

That issue is in almost all alliances.
    Groups/zergs have no structure because some crowns shouldn’t be crowns.

As far as small scale egos I’ve been saying that forever.
    This is a war, not mortal combat.
    (Soulless Knights)
    Options
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭

I see them running every time I get on, lol. They're doing what they always have done. PvDoor and wipe. And if they're sitting out because Fatality and Atrocity are playing EP, not only is that petty, but it means they were "trucking" before he switched and we were last. Either way, small groups carry the alliance and zergs are just meat shields and a good distraction.
    Edited by Abysswarrior45 on February 10, 2018 7:15PM
    Options