Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I expect a resurgence of swarm and proxi with VD builds now that AoE caps are being lifted.
    Magic DK vamps used to rule with that first year on PC.

I was talking in Guild chat the other day, and Stoney mentioned a lot of the DK's AoE's would be affected by this. I'm not sure if anyone in the PTS discussion threads have considered that. But he's right tho--- Inhale, Talons, Leap, Standard, Engulf/Noxtious are all going to be doing a lot more damage.

The changes to Off Balance, Heavy Attack mechanics and Lava Whip/Morphs is going to make DK one of those classes to look at for next patch. I think it's going to surprise some people how much better they will be.

Inhale, for sure, is probably going to be the most devastating abilities we might see next patch-- with the coming new interrupt mechanics. If a DK is surrounded by idiots using interrupt able attacks, his inhale is going to have a hey day!!!
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on January 19, 2018 4:05PM
    Options
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Campaigns are so f'd up right now lol. Pop locked 3 bars on DC with 1 bar AD and EP in Vivec. Then in Shor it's pop locked 3 bar AD, 2 bars EP, and 1 bar DC.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Campaigns are so f'd up right now lol. Pop locked 3 bars on DC with 1 bar AD and EP in Vivec. Then in Shor it's pop locked 3 bar AD, 2 bars EP, and 1 bar DC.

yeah, not a whole lot of fair fights out there right now...seems to be either zerg or be zerged...

life as a solo player is a little challenging at the moment...

Edit: I think we still have like 12 days in Vivec until the next reset...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 19, 2018 11:00PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the last few days in cyrodiil have been a bit of a traumatic experience for me...it's caused me to need to seek out assistance in the self-help book section:

c9e80991bf5da3bff8fce4b686462373.jpg

playing EP this campaign has scarred me...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 19, 2018 11:45PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah congrats to the AD and DC players that keep switching back and forth ruining the campaign.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah congrats to the AD and DC players that keep switching back and forth ruining the campaign.

paranoia.jpg?w=300

:)
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    holy cow @TequilaFire you wasn't joking...

most of the map's yellow now...they currently have 68 points for eval and 4 out of 6 keeps...queue of 74...

EP with 50 points and 2 emp keeps...queue of 20...

DC with 29 points...queue of 50...

it's funny tequila, that whole blue to yellow and back and forth thing finally dawned on me yesterday...

you all know - i'm not that tied in to the social stuff - however, when you find yourself the middle filler to a banana/blueberry sandwich enough times: you gets ta thinkin - what's really going on...

yeah, sure enough - DC ran it for a year, than afterward AD ran it for a year, now back to DC...starting to make a lot of sense now :p

oh well - thanks to all those folks with DC characters taking the night off...

after getting abused on my magplar - it'll be fun to run a bit on my DC magblade :p
    Edited by geonsocal on January 20, 2018 3:32AM
    Options
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'll have trouble wording this but...

if there is no "easy" mode, some crybabies will find it...

thus, the switchers.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
    Options
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was kiting a group at Alessia bridge earlier... landed and 18k leap on some guy. Moments later I see I received a psn message although I didn't have time to read. Figured it was more hatemail, but I was mistaken. I got some love-mail guys... someone complimented me! Whaaaaaaaat? Also the DC emp for Vivec had a group running through IC. Trying to 1vX the bunch didn't work out so I called a few buddies to assist and we farmed them. What a glorious day it was! Can't remember the last time I've had so much fun in 1 run on ESO.
    Options
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also had a lot of really nice fights today. Even pulled off a 1v6 at one point when the lag wasn't present. The others which I lost I at least got to kite around for a while, haha! I've found the secret ingredient to success on my character I think.
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Switched to my yellow toons when I saw how blue the map was. Waited in the que to see yellow took the map back :s:s:s:s:s:s :madmadmadmad:
    Options
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is horrible if the only reason ad score is going up is because ppl keep switching alliances from dc to ad I don't know tho ain't played in a week I don't understand why and what is red just chopped liver I don't get why people seem to be switching from ad to dc or the other way around and not seem to be playing red last time I was on the reds que for vivec was like 30 and in shor reds que was like 90 I don't get why there is more ep in shor then in vivec no telling why lol

Edited by Jake1576 on January 20, 2018 4:39PM
    Options
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know it was weird. The emp group and empress stayed in IC even when things started looking bad for the Blues. Either they were bored of having emp, hence the boss farming in IC, they didn't care, or judging by the lack or organization from the emp group, they likely couldn't compete with the zergs. The zergs are really thirsty lately. They'll chase 1 guy across the map all for what? 69AP?
    Options
  • wozborne
    wozborne
    ✭✭✭
    You know it was weird. The emp group and empress stayed in IC even when things started looking bad for the Blues. Either they were bored of having emp, hence the boss farming in IC, they didn't care, or judging by the lack or organization from the emp group, they likely couldn't compete with the zergs. The zergs are really thirsty lately. They'll chase 1 guy across the map all for what? 69AP?

DC is ahead by 5000 points, they’ve already won. I wouldn’t care about the map either if my faction was that far ahead.
    Options
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess thats true. I never cared much about score. Prefer the loser faction because it offers the most outnumbered action which has been EP for months, haha! One day I'll play my yellow again and Blue.
    Options
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people I know don’t care for the map anymore maybe when the game first came out, (hence why the new generation of Eso players are so hyped about the map) but we just want action.
    Whatever it takes we’ll find some action, you can’t find action if you’re on DC and the whole map is Blue, or you’re on AD and the whole map is AD, makes finding action more of a challenge.

I’d rather siege a keep or outpost and not cap the flags until reinforcements comes and see how long we can last, That’s when the pedal hits the medal for me.
    Or stopping emp pushes.
    (Soulless Knights)
    AD Stoneey DK (Vr16) homeless
    AD StoneyHeals Templar (Vr16) homeless
    AD Stoknee NB (v1) Training
    AD Psychosis Sorc (37) Training
    Options
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭
    Many of my guildies agree that playing with 24 People isn’t a challenge because that’s only Zerg vs Zerg but 12-14vs 25+ it’s more rewarding and action packed.
    All factions get 3 bars and we all can fit the same amount of people, I remember winning campaigns with 1 bar ad and 3 bars DC.
    Groups just need to coordinate instead of of filling every slot of the group.
    When I played AD we’d farm and destroy Madden guild and we didn’t ever push 24deep.

Less excuses and more coordination.
    (Soulless Knights)
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree in that I believe the game should be played to win the campaign for my faction and never have trouble finding action in doing so. But I am very old school.
    Lately being EP have been forced into guerrilla tactics or not playing at all because of the ridiculously unbalanced populations.
    Time to move on like most of the guild has I guess.
    Edited by TequilaFire on January 21, 2018 12:51PM
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    number one cause of death today - lag!!!

ugh :#
    Options
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree in that I believe the game should be played to win the campaign for my faction and never have trouble finding action in doing so. But I am very old school.
    Lately being EP have been forced into guerrilla tactics or not playing at all because of the ridiculously unbalanced populations.

After playing on all three Alliances quite a bit EP's biggest problem is their zone chat sucks in comparison to the other two. Madden has these big zergs all the time because him and CEN_TEX are always spamming chat asking who needs a group. What time I hop on EP i rarely see any guild leaders doing that on EP so you've got a lot more unproductive randoms and small groups. You can't defend against 24 player zergs if your groups are all split up and not communicating with each other.

EP needs to get over their paranoia about so called spies in zone chat and have a couple guild leaders take charge not just of the group they're in but in helping direct everyone else where to go. All the randoms and small groups need direction outside of just running to the nearest keep even if they don't all follow those directions. Some will and that makes all the difference when defending and attacking is having help outside of just your group.
    Edited by Twohothardware on January 21, 2018 8:42PM
    Options
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    It helps not to take this game so seriously. When I'm by myself and a 24 man group finds me and they all drop destro ults on one person when they could literally light attack me to death I just have a laugh, respawn and carry on. Lol
    P.s why is it always the lowest cp/rank guy at the back of said zerg that does the T-bagging. Crack up. Lol
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

After playing on all three Alliances quite a bit EP's biggest problem is their zone chat sucks in comparison to the other two. Madden has these big zergs all the time because him and CEN_TEX are always spamming chat asking who needs a group. What time I hop on EP i rarely see any guild leaders doing that on EP so you've got a lot more unproductive randoms and small groups. You can't defend against 24 player zergs if your groups are all split up and not communicating with each other.

EP needs to get over their paranoia about so called spies in zone chat and have a couple guild leaders take charge not just of the group they're in but in helping direct everyone else where to go. All the randoms and small groups need direction outside of just running to the nearest keep even if they don't all follow those directions. Some will and that makes all the difference when defending and attacking is having help outside of just your group.

As I have tried to explain before the major EP guild leaders rarely play anymore if at all and no one has stepped up to take their place. I don't disagree with you but the reality is EP is mostly pug groups and a few handful of left over die hard members of old guilds who do not communicate. What is left over in text zone chat is mostly trolls and so called keyboard warriors.

Options
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Tequila in that playing to win the map/campaign DOES matter. It's the whole point of this game mode. The same group of people who believe they are "elite" and farm people on the bridge for hours are a detriment to their team. There is no denying those players have skill and it sucks for EP (in particular) that so many of their skilled players choose to waste those skills farming scrubs on the bridge or in a tower. Just like it sucks when certain AD groups decide to have a Bleaker's party when the campaign is still in doubt. To each their own, and I understand that. However, those that brag about how awesome their 1vX skills are, are also the same group that is killing the campaign and PvP as whole. They aren't taking objectives, they aren't teaching new players, in fact they are driving away new PvP players by farming noobs. If you were new to the game would you want to play it if you and your buddies were getting wrecked by some guy on the way to the fight over and over? No. Why would you?

Those big fights, the 20 v 20, that's the magic of ESO PvP and that's what sets it apart from other PvP games. There are no maps, there is just THE MAP. That's the objective. That's the point. Complain about zergs all you want, but that's what makes ESO PvP. If I wanted to play small team against small team there are Battlegrounds, duels, and plenty of other games that are built for that sort of thing. The point of Cyrodiil IS the map.

Now you can chant "git gud" to those being farmed until you wear out the g on your keyboard but you aren't helping. That guy who camps the bridge waiting for stragglers with his insane burst build isn't good. He's bringing down the quality of the game and shortening the life of it. He's not stopping the groups, he's killing the inexperienced new blood and being proud of himself for it. Meanwhile, the groups he watches pass by are taking keeps and resources and their teams are putting points on the board. I wouldn't be surprised if the success of a faction is inversely proportional to the number of "elite 1vXers" on that faction.

Changing directions a bit here, @Stoney_McGeee it's all well and good to talk about tactics but no amount of tactics are going to overcome 5 v 40. I do like your style and I think your groups are good. I don't mind getting beat by you and I feel good when we hold your group off. But to show where the "tactics" argument falls short, there was a guy in AD chat yesterday typing away about how AD needs tactics. "Don't just zerg AD", this guy was saying. "Use TACTICS." Then a few minutes later he would complain again about how no one was using tactics. That's terrible. He's not helping anyone. He's not explaining what tactics should be used and how or why. He's not leading groups and teaching. He's just whining. He's like a head coach that tells his team to "score points". Then he gets mad because they aren't scoring points. "Hey guys? What is your problem? I told you to score points and you aren't! This is your fault, git gud team." That's not a coach. That's not a leader. He's not telling them how to score points, or what to do differently that will help score points. Tactics need to be taught. "Don't shoot at side doors" "Use regular ballistas rather than fire ballistas as they do twice the damage to walls/doors" "People with rapids, stay back a bit and hit the slower members of the group as they are the ones that need it", "In Cyrodiil buy empty soul gems from the mystic merchant in the Western gate instead of the siege merchant as they are nearly 1/3 the cost" etc...
    Options
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭
    I guess y’all never heard of Spartans or navy seals huh?
    Just because it’s a war zone doesn’t mean it’s a 20v20 game play.
    You can also 5vs20 easily with just some TACTICS and Coordination.

Groups like mine pulls aggro from the front lines and stops the momentum of the zergs pushing north or east.
    People can cry about farming groups but the reality of it is they’re helping the map just as much, because they’re holding off a Zerg or two from pushing the map.
    Instead of crying about bleakers party , use the distractions and push up.

For the record my group isn’t even a “farming group”
    20vs20 isn’t fun, doesn’t get the adrenaline pumping. Fact of the matter is majority of the pvp community zergs and doesn’t even know what they’re capable of doing which results to them zerging.
    (Soulless Knights)
    Options
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wasn’t calling you out Stoney. I don’t see you or your group tactics as a problem at all. However, the Bleakers party takes a large group of players away from where they could otherwise be useful. I’ve been to the party before to see what was going on. 20+ AD and the occasionally red or blue group of five. Meanwhile our home keeps are being taken. In this case red and blue use it as a distraction and push down.

The Spartans lost.
    Edited by Ballcap on January 22, 2018 5:33AM
    Options
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think @Ballcap point is that you change the map with a raid. You can help your Alliance holding a large group of the enemy in a location but unless someone else takes an objective the map does not change @Stoney_McGeee

5v20 in the open sure but 5v20 taking a defended keep... They would need to be some scrubs defending, no defensive siege and/or an OP Emp offensive group for that imo.

Everyone has their own style of play and you need to play the way you enjoy playing but I agree with Ballcap that if you care about the campaign the game is designed for strategic large group plays. If your Alliance are too spread out or not organised enough you won't change the map.

Certainly wouldn't call your group a farming group Stoney seeing you play on Blue just reaffirmed what I already thought that you guys play the map.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
    Options
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, t bagging...... You can taste the salt
    Options
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bhaal5 wrote: »
    Lol, t bagging...... You can taste the salt

7e4.jpg
    Edited by Curragraigue on January 22, 2018 6:20AM
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
    Options
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭
    I think @Ballcap point is that you change the map with a raid. You can help your Alliance holding a large group of the enemy in a location but unless someone else takes an objective the map does not change @Stoney_McGeee

5v20 in the open sure but 5v20 taking a defended keep... They would need to be some scrubs defending, no defensive siege and/or an OP Emp offensive group for that imo.

Everyone has their own style of play and you need to play the way you enjoy playing but I agree with Ballcap that if you care about the campaign the game is designed for strategic large group plays. If your Alliance are too spread out or not organised enough you won't change the map.

Certainly wouldn't call your group a farming group Stoney seeing you play on Blue just reaffirmed what I already thought that you guys play the map.
    @Ballcap they may have lost but you missed the point. They lost the war but won battles. Winning the war is like winning the campaign.
    If you don’t care about the campaign and in it for the action then Spartans is the best slot .

What that all comes down to is taking advantage when those groups are on and push. Let emp group handle his own emp.
    I used to like defending emp but now it’s just a lag fest and everyone of the faction is in one keep.
    It was more fun when no one knew wtf emp or D tics were.
    Now days you’ll just find me trying to rack up O tics and working on new strategies and mixing things up a bit vs the same ole tower farm or bleakers party and defending keeps <3

On a side note I agree 20+ ad at bleakers while home keeps getting taken defeats the purpose, those are wanna be farming groups.
    Edited by Stoney_McGeee on January 22, 2018 8:41AM
    (Soulless Knights)
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When the whole map is blue, I can’t make any AP. Gotta let them take something so we can take it back. I’m totally fine taking an empty keep, and have no plans of holding onto it for any longer than to flip it.

These epic battles at Alessia are terrible waste of time, but Great for the action and a lot of fun! I really don’t care for the outpost battles either because you get half the AP of a keep. Defense tick is about worthless, I’d rather go flip resources.

The pop lock is funny. I que into Shor waiting for vivec. When vivec pops, I was having such a time in Shor, decided to just stay there.

Options