Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maintenance on ESO Megaservers - 9/14/16 @ 2:00pm EDT [COMPLETE]

• Immortal_Dark410
    Immortal_Dark410
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, all NA servers are now online.

Thanks again for your patience, everyone. We really appreciate it.

Will you marry me?

LoL
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF TAMRIEL
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF NIRN
    (ALL FACTION TRADE GUILDS)

PC NA SERVER
    DC - DARKDROGO | ORC | STAM DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-GEARLT-OF-RIVIA | ALTMER | MAG SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    EP - DARK-ABYSS | DUNMER | MAG TEMP | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    DC - REAPERS-CLOACK-OF-YASSASEEN | BRETON | MAG NB | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-SLADE-WILSON | KHAJIIT | STAM NB | LVL 50 | CP 585
    AD - THE-LAST-DRUID-OF-PARANOR | ALTMER | MAG DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - GALADRIEL-LADY OF LIGHT | IMPERIAL | STAM SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285

CONSOLE PS5 NA SERVER AS WELL
  • Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    You're not going to get a cookie for mounting fallacious arguments in defense of this unscheduled, unannounced, unexplained down-time that booted everyone from the game without an in-game warning.

Unscheduled - Yes, most emergencies are.

Unannounced - True, but what use is an announcement if progress is going to be lost anyway? A five-minute warning just prolongs the inevitable.

Unexplained - Not so. The maintenance is to prevent further rollbacks and loss of character progress, as stated in the OP.

Unexplained, as in we don't know what the problem is, was, and/or continues to be. Telling us what potential consequences they're trying to avoid doesn't tell us what the problem is. If we knew what the problem was, then we might be a bit more understanding and a bit less irate.

Consider this hypothetical and see if you can spot the lack of explanation:
    Q: "Why did you burn down the school?"
    A: "If we didn't, the fish would have starved."
  • beattle
    beattle
    ✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    beattle wrote: »
    jircris11 wrote: »
    No exact time for completion, but expect it to be at least a couple hours. Sorry, guys. We're going to try and get you back in as soon as possible.

I call bul*hit! You say this every time, and the lemmings you have here supporting you keep falling for it. This has been happening for months, with the same responses, yet, during this time you have done nothing to actually fix the problem that is causing it. I said last month, once the sub I paid for is expired, I am done unless you fix what is causing this constant downtime. You have not.

Keep feeding people garbage, eventually they will get sick of it.

and i commented on that post too, if you dislike that they are actually fixing the issue then stop paying for sub and be quiet. no one cares that you think you are owed anything. As for this being the "same" issue as last month like you claim it could be or it could be something else. we do not know what is causing the issues only ZOS knows. I -do- know how ever that running a mmo is not as easy as most of the people n here think it is.

And what exactly have they fixed? Since subbing, it is the same thing, constant downtimes, for one reason or another, yet, they keep happening. How do YOU know it is NOT the same issue as last month? As I stated, once my sub is expired, I will indeed stop paying and go back to my other game. However, since I have paid in ADVANCE, I am OWED for what I have paid for. I have played many MMO's, and none I have played have ever gone down this frequently. It is people like you that tell people to be quiet for demanding something they have paid for, to be actually fixed, is the problem with the world we are living in. No accountability, only excuses for ineptness.

note: also no other game has pioneered a completely new way of running servers. most of those games you talk about you pick a server and you stuck on that server.

Look how well it is working for them, years later, with the same problems no one seems to be able to fix.
  • XrosHeart
    XrosHeart
    I'm gonna sit here until the NA XBOX and PC things are back online.DzfVJox.gif
    oh hi there im
    still a piece of GARBAGE
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    A screenshot (cropped) of mysterious activities at Chalman one night a few weeks ago.

ep-antics_zpsgtfayye6.jpg

Look at that! EP very own human centipede.

Can't trust those pesky EP . . . must be something in Morrowind's water. Volcanic ash, maybe? ;)
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000
      DC - Alena-Draco - Dunmer Magicka Templar

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vMoL HM (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
      • vHoF HM (Tick-Tock Tormentor/The Dynamo)
      • vAS HM (Saintly Saviour/Immortal Redeemer)
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)
      • vDSR (Reef Guardian HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP
      • vVA Flawless (Spirit Slayer)

Dungeons
      • vFL HM (Leave No Bone Unbroken)
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vMoS HM (Apex Predator)
      • vFV HM (Relentless Raider)
      • vDoM HM (Depths Defier)
      • vLoM HM (Nature's Wrath)
      • vMGF HM (Defanged the Devourer)
      • vIcereach HM (No Rest for the Wicked/Storm Foe)
      • vUG HM (In Defiance of Death/Bonecaller's Bane)
      • vSG HM
      • vCT HM (Bane of Thorns)
      • vBDV HM (Ardent Bibliophile)
      • vCauldron HM (Subterranean Smasher)
      • vRPB HM (Bastion Breaker/of the Silver Rose)
      • vDC HM (Battlespire's Best/The Dreaded)
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vERE HM (Invaders' Bane)
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
      • vSH HM (Magnastylus in the Making/Curator's Champion)
      • vBS HM (Temporal Tempest)
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No exact time for completion, but expect it to be at least a couple hours. Sorry, guys. We're going to try and get you back in as soon as possible.

I call bul*hit! You say this every time, and the lemmings you have here supporting you keep falling for it. This has been happening for months, with the same responses, yet, during this time you have done nothing to actually fix the problem that is causing it. I said last month, once the sub I paid for is expired, I am done unless you fix what is causing this constant downtime. You have not.

and i commented on that post too, if you dislike that they are actually fixing the issue then stop paying for sub and be quiet. no one cares that you think you are owed anything. As for this being the "same" issue as last month like you claim it could be or it could be something else. we do not know what is causing the issues only ZOS knows. I -do- know how ever that running a mmo is not as easy as most of the people n here think it is.

And what exactly have they fixed? Since subbing, it is the same thing, constant downtimes, for one reason or another, yet, they keep happening. How do YOU know it is NOT the same issue as last month? As I stated, once my sub is expired, I will indeed stop paying and go back to my other game. However, since I have paid in ADVANCE, I am OWED for what I have paid for. I have played many MMO's, and none I have played have ever gone down this frequently. It is people like you that tell people to be quiet for demanding something they have paid for, to be actually fixed, is the problem with the world we are living in. No accountability, only excuses for ineptness.

Hate to break it to you but we don't live in a perfect world where nothing goes wrong. If you try to get through life with this kind of attitude then I feel sorry for the life you will or do lead. In fact, it's even WORSE when a GAME is what you are like this to, because it's not even a MANDATORY part of life. Unless your career revolves around it lol but in this case it does not.

You are absolutely correct, we do not live in a perfect world. However, business' that continually give paying customers lack of service they are providing, tend not to be business' very long. You may say this game is going strong, but, how many past, present, and now future paying customers have they lost, and will never get for lack of service they are paid to provide?

I am not sure what "attitude" I am displaying. I was not aware being upset for something one pays for, and not get, was the norm in todays society. If I pay someone in advance for shoveling my driveway of snow for the up coming winter, and they don't show up come the first snowfall, because they couldn't get there because of the snow, should I just let them keep my money? Money does not grow on trees for some people, and those people expect to get what they pay for.

I paid for the Imperial Edition for this game when it launched on console. I bought the first 4 DLCs flat out, 1 or 2 in the bundles, as well as various other Crown Store items. I sub, and have ever since Crafting Bags. As a PS4 player I am required to purchase PSPlus in order to play the game. PC doesn't have to do anything like that.

All this said, I in no way feel like I have NOT gotten what I have and am not paying for. Why? Because I can play the game. Just because there are moments when I cannot, or issues arise, doesn't mean I am not getting what I pay for. You take the bad with the good, always. Nothing in life can ever compensate you when nothing beyond expected faults are present. It's an MMO, it WILL have downtime, and there is nothing that will ever change that. The sooner you accept that fact the better off you'll be, or you can quit playing MMOs entirely. Your call.

P.S. This game has constant incoming traffic. It is in no way dying.
    ajback_ESO wrote: »
    Okay ladies, it's time to stop whining. You mean you just want problems to continue to persist? Let me direct you to a once glorious MMORPG from the mid 1990's; Ultima Online... Sub required and you'll get to enjoy all the *** experiences with no down time. Be greatful that ZOS recognizes problems and goes in to fix them instead of letting problems persist.[
    Consider the alternative for a minute. The earlier login issues are fixed and you can get back into the game. The root cause of the login issues remains unfixed, but ZOS wants you to be able to play.

Because they did not fix the root cause, everyone keeps getting indeterminate and spasmodic rollbacks. Which is worse - indefinite rollbacks until the next scheduled maintenance, which is five days away, or maintenance now to fix the root cause, and no more rollbacks?

It's not that they didn't fix the root cause, it's that, historically, they CANT fix the root cause of pretty much anything.

Past bug fixes they DID fix beg to differ. Seriously stop being so bitter, you're making medicine look yummy.

You're going to defend anything and everything that ZoS does, so I really could care less about how bitter you think I am.

I defend anything and everything that is attacked for lousy reasons filled with hate. Also learn 2 quote lol

Oh snap I attacked your post! Feel free to defend it so I can disregard you always defending your posts as per your logic.

Keep up the white knight act. Maybe you'll get a phone number out of it.

Good luck with your black knight act, see how many people you get to never take you seriously anymore. I know I sure don't.

Me? LUL! You've spent this entire thread making sure everyone knows to never take you seriously again.

XBox NA
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AJTC5000 wrote: »
    A screenshot (cropped) of mysterious activities at Chalman one night a few weeks ago.

Can't trust those pesky EP . . . must be something in Morrowind's water. Volcanic ash, maybe? ;)

Move along, outlander.
  • Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭
    So much blame getting tossed around, insults and other trash talk. Like, seriously there is a such thing as patience and life outside of video games. An online game down isn't the end of the world. I promise. Go outside, check and see. My words hold truth.

o.o You're words hold no truth. What is this 'patience' and 'life outside of video games' you speak of. And technically it is the end of the world. Have you not read all the hateful and flaming comments? Clearly peoples' world's are ending lol.

Also, what is this 'outside' you speak of?
    Edited by Chaos0720 on September 14, 2016 8:06PM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tat2mano wrote: »
    Okay ladies, it's time to stop whining. You mean you just want problems to continue to persist? Let me direct you to a once glorious MMORPG from the mid 1990's; Ultima Online... Sub required and you'll get to enjoy all the *** experiences with no down time. Be greatful that ZOS recognizes problems and goes in to fix them instead of letting problems persist.[
    Consider the alternative for a minute. The earlier login issues are fixed and you can get back into the game. The root cause of the login issues remains unfixed, but ZOS wants you to be able to play.

Because they did not fix the root cause, everyone keeps getting indeterminate and spasmodic rollbacks. Which is worse - indefinite rollbacks until the next scheduled maintenance, which is five days away, or maintenance now to fix the root cause, and no more rollbacks?

It's not that they didn't fix the root cause, it's that, historically, they CANT fix the root cause of pretty much anything.

Past bug fixes they DID fix beg to differ. Seriously stop being so bitter, you're making medicine look yummy.

You're going to defend anything and everything that ZoS does, so I really could care less about how bitter you think I am.

I defend anything and everything that is attacked for lousy reasons filled with hate. Also learn 2 quote lol

Oh snap I attacked your post! Feel free to defend it so I can disregard you always defending your posts as per your logic.

It is quite insulting how you call these legit complains "lousy reasons filled with hate".
    And he is right about that you defending everything that ZoS does,

The only legit complaint is people are frustrated about there being no warning. That said, there was a reason for it, and it is acceptable. People simply choose to NOT accept it.

Also you are wrong about me defending everything Zenimax does. Here is why:

- I was against them doing away with the Weighted Trait.
    - I am against them removing level progression in One Tamriel to open the entire world to free exploring.

There are other things I was against too, but don't recall at this time. So yeah keep trying to deny my words just because you THINK I'm defending Zenimax when in actuality I am ATTACKING unnecessary hate. Have you not read my sig?
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on September 14, 2016 8:06PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • knightfell
    knightfell
    Soul Shriven
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the way people think that bringing servers down over and over and over again is "ZOS doing their job". NOT bringing down servers all the time and keeping services running is doing your job.
    Sure, because keeping a malfunctioning service running is a great idea.

You know what? Other games, GW2 and Warframe seem to manage it. You know what else? Companies with far less resources running far more critical services manage to do it.

IF this was once or twice you wouldn't (and in fact haven't) of heard a peep from me, but this is now becoming a constant feature.

Needing to bring down services over and over again because of problem after problem with no warning AND no real information to the customer about why this keeps happening is not doing your job.

I agree, I think you should become a network manager or systems admin and go to work for them! Show these professionals how its done! Mr. End User.

I am.

We have 100% up time over 3 years.

If our services go down, it's possible lives could be lost.

We do it with far far less money and resources than ZOS.

If our services fail, we run multiple redundancies, and our server load is likely as heavy as any MMO.

*very very slow clap*

Again, this is happening over, and over, and over again. Not every now and then, not once in a while. Over and over again.

i find this post to be full of ignorance. 1. this is a video game and not only that with a completely pioneered server setup. 2. systems that this quoted person talks about are completely different set up. zos cannot bring down 1 server computer without bringing down the entire system unlike a nonvideo game network that only has to maintain a connection for people to reach the system. also their networks have less demands placed on them by an individual client and can more easily run parallel servers that can pick up the load while 1 server is down. a video game cannot do this. as it would cost too much to run 2 or more servers for each game server to be more costly vs the income generated by the players the server supports.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
  • ajback_ESO
    ajback_ESO
    ✭✭✭

You're loved Gina.
    Certifications:
    CompTIA A+
    CompTIA Network+
    CompTIA Security +
    Cisco CCENT
    Cisco CCNA
    Microsoft MTA
    Microsoft MCSA

Dual ASUS 27" VE278H Monitors
    Razer H-440 Case (Whats Inside?)
    GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 Motherboard
    i7-6800 CPU
    MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GPU
    Corsair H115i Cooling System
    Corsair CS750M Power Supply

Peripherals
    Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma
    Razer Leviathan
    Razer Firefly
  • DarknessShallFall
    DarknessShallFall
    ✭✭✭

Hmmm smells like rotten eggs, yum. That's why we kick butt in Haderous, because the enemies cant stand our smell :P
    I have been a member of ESO since April 4th 2014 but didn't get a code until recently when I asked.
    My @ name on ESO is the same as on here.

• SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos0720 wrote: »
    dotlife wrote: »
    I gotta say that I personally dont belive they are going to really truely fix it. This will remain unstable and the upcomming 'fix' will just plove the way for yet another soon to come fix. It seems like its spinning out of control. I am glad I dont have any money invested.

You honestly think they cannot fix a rollback issue? I can't even properly respond to that because it's beyond illogical. They run this game for a living, of course they can fix the issue. After all, not being able to would mean the game's literal demise.

Like they fixed gap closers, cheat engine, and movement speed bugs right?

GG

/End Discussion

Makes sense. Blame the developers because people have nothing better to do than to break the game.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/289173/bugs-and-ninja-nerfing-lightning-staff-fighters-guild-speed-and-pets-what-else#latest

I've already ready that thread. It's more cancerous than this one.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/289376/movement-speed-fix
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/267495/slow-movement-speed-fixed
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/258827/eta-on-broken-movement-speed-has-zos-even-acknowledged-it
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/251466/compilation-of-tg-bugs-in-pvp-current-bug-counter-89-op-reformatted-4-10-16
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/262365/gap-closers-are-still-broken
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/240922/gap-closers-then-and-now
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/269462/video-this-is-what-the-new-gap-closer-changes-make-pvp-look-likehttps://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/270960/gap-closer-major-bugs

GG
    Edited by SwaminoNowlino on September 14, 2016 8:09PM
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭
    YAY Servers are up. Now you all can stop complaining and go play the game. *comes back 3 hours later* Wait you all are still complaining? But you were bitching about down time and still on here instead of playing? What? So confused.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zolron wrote: »
    tat2mano wrote: »

It is quite insulting how you call these legit complains "lousy reasons filled with hate".
    And he is right about that you defending everything that ZoS does,

+1 Hater (me)

FTFY.
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭✭

Love you Gina ❤️
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP

Dungeons
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vSG HM
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had this one lined up to post earlier, forgot about it :stuck_out_tongue:
    Bangkorai is one of my favourite landscapes.
    ON-place-Bangkorai.jpg
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • tat2mano
    tat2mano
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're not going to get a cookie for mounting fallacious arguments in defense of this unscheduled, unannounced, unexplained down-time that booted everyone from the game without an in-game warning.

Unscheduled - Yes, most emergencies are.

Unannounced - True, but what use is an announcement if progress is going to be lost anyway? A five-minute warning just prolongs the inevitable.

Unxplained - Not so. The maintenance is to prevent further rollbacks and loss of character progress, as stated in the OP.

Hate to break it to you but we don't live in a perfect world where nothing goes wrong. If you try to get through life with this kind of attitude then I feel sorry for the life you will or do lead. In fact, it's even WORSE when a GAME is what you are like this to, because it's not even a MANDATORY part of life. Unless your career revolves around it lol but in this case it does not.

You are absolutely correct, we do not live in a perfect world. However, business' that continually give paying customers lack of service they are providing, tend not to be business' very long. You may say this game is going strong, but, how many past, present, and now future paying customers have they lost, and will never get for lack of service they are paid to provide?

I am not sure what "attitude" I am displaying. I was not aware being upset for something one pays for, and not get, was the norm in todays society. If I pay someone in advance for shoveling my driveway of snow for the up coming winter, and they don't show up come the first snowfall, because they couldn't get there because of the snow, should I just let them keep my money? Money does not grow on trees for some people, and those people expect to get what they pay for.

I paid for the Imperial Edition for this game when it launched on console. I bought the first 4 DLCs flat out, 1 or 2 in the bundles, as well as various other Crown Store items. I sub, and have ever since Crafting Bags. As a PS4 player I am required to purchase PSPlus in order to play the game. PC doesn't have to do anything like that.

All this said, I in no way feel like I have NOT gotten what I have and am not paying for. Why? Because I can play the game. Just because there are moments when I cannot, or issues arise, doesn't mean I am not getting what I pay for. You take the bad with the good, always. Nothing in life can ever compensate you when nothing beyond expected faults are present. It's an MMO, it WILL have downtime, and there is nothing that will ever change that. The sooner you accept that fact the better off you'll be, or you can quit playing MMOs entirely. Your call.

Good luck with your black knight act, see how many people you get to never take you seriously anymore. I know I sure don't.

Me? LUL! You've spent this entire thread making sure everyone knows to never take you seriously again.

+1
  • Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭

*Takes a giant swig of Morrowind water* I know not of what you.... wait what was I saying?
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toybot wrote: »
    I worked in software and system testing in two large companies (one national and one multinational) and we implemented countless projects, updates, patches, etc. Every project we did utilized the network team in some capacity, some of them more prominently than others. And it was a rare occurrence to have the amount of issues ZOS has on such a regular basis. If we had half the problems ZOS has with any of our online systems that dealt with the customer base we would have lost countless customers and lost untold millions (likely in double to triple digit millions) in losing those accounts. Therefore this level of incompetency would have never been tolerated. But because this is a gaming company that has zero concern about losing customers because of their prepaid monthly subscription, this sort of thing happens far more frequently than it ever should.

I don't care how people justify or excuse it. Because their customer base is largely kids and young adults, they get away with murder. The companies I worked for would have fired people for such incompetency or would have bit the bullet and upgraded systems as needed if they were failing that consistently. We're just one big paying beta group to them. Prepaid in many cases with the multimonth subs. In pretty much every other business model the kind of downtime we have seen would cause a huge loss in consumer faith, in consumer loyalty and in business revenue. It would possibly even leave the company in dire straight.

Think I'm exaggerating? What if went to amazon, netflix, or whatever other business you might frequent were offline as much as we are down with 'maintenance' here? Well on those two the stocks would likely begin to take serious hits and you'd begin to see a slow and steady mass exodus of consumers. Here? Because the demographic is teens and young adult oriented? They get away with murder.

TOTALLY agree, I've said it before and you've said it here it's shocking what computer game companies get away with, in comparison to other networking teams.

I work on a large software development project for a cloud-based product and there is NO WAY our customers would tolerate the frequency nor duration of these maintenance windows.

Those that defend and support this practice as being acceptable are only contributing to the demise of this game because this is an exploit opportunity for a competitor to come along and offer a better service.

By speaking up against this and demanding better, we are defending this game and our community.

This is unacceptable!!!

I agree, I think the main reason I stuck around in this thread wasn't for the ZOS bashing, it's the "omg trying being a network adminz it r hard" comments.

The reality is that often us network admins get annoyed at just how bad some computer game companies run their services. We'd be sacked in other industries!
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭✭

Move along, outlander.

I'll have you know I hail from Morrowind! However I pride myself on drinking only the finest water the Iliac Bay has to offer.
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP

Dungeons
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vSG HM
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    I starting to think that forum QQing is full time job for some people.

"Some"? lol

More than half this thread is salty QQing and hating. Think it's about time a mod stepped in, locked the thread, and removed every post that is flat-out hating. *prepares the summoning ritual*

@ZOS_DaryaK @ZOS_AntonioP @ZOS_CoriJ @ZOS_PeterT
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Look at all these white knights. ZoS isn't going to sleep with you guys. You know that, right?

So I guess that makes you a black knight then? If that's the case we may as well call racism.

You would say that, wouldn't you?

Long as you keep insisting on using the term white knight... Yes, yes I would. You reap what you sow.
  • Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭
    Random question: If I ignore someones profile will I still have to see all there posts?
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElBiggus wrote: »
    I love the way people think that bringing servers down over and over and over again is "ZOS doing their job". NOT bringing down servers all the time and keeping services running is doing your job.

But if they were doing their job it would not be malfunctioning.

Imagine I ran a train company, and three or four times a week I took all my trains off the track (sometimes during peak commuter time), throw any passengers out wherever the trains happen to be, mumble that I don't know how long it'll take, and then do a rubbish repair job so that they'll all just break down in another day or so and I'll have to do it again. Would you say I was doing my job? No. My job is to run trains, and if you were a passenger you'd be entitled to complain.

For some reason there's a percentage of gamers who will vehemently defend business practices that in any other field would put you out of business really quickly: failing to deliver on promises, selling products that don't work properly, providing terrible customer service, and a whole host of other failings are apparently something we have to put up with, and I don't see why. If you're not annoyed then great, good for you, but don't you dare tell me I'm not allowed to be annoyed and that this kind of service is not only acceptable, but is in some way how it's supposed to be.

eh problems with a program ( a game is a program) exists due to errors in the coding, errors introduced while program is running, and various other reasons that do NOT exist in an environment such as transportation as FREQUENTLY, but it does HAPPEN. i have personally been delayed 2 days because my connecting flight was cancelled. 2 days in a hotel on my way to a job because an airline company said hey we cancelled your flight and there is no flight until 2 days from now. so get off your high horse.
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stardark wrote: »
    Yes, but they do work on fixing it every time it happens. That is all they CAN do and all WE should expect them to do.
    What world do you live in?

You don't expect them to create a stable system in the first place and put backup plans in place to avoid these kind of issues? Please never get a job as a manager in any company I work for.

I live in an imperfect world where people that expect perfection get disappointment-slapped harder than anyone else. Therefore I do not set my expectations high as I know what to expect from this world. You, on the other hand, clearly do not.
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Signed in on PS4 NA, within 10 seconds was kicked to title screen with "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."

ZoS, for the life of god, would you please fix this damn train wreck!
  • Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭
    Random question: If I ignore someones profile will I still have to see all there posts?

Nevermind. Apparently not. Well there goes half the replies on this thread lol.
  • beattle
    beattle
    ✭✭

I never said the game was dying, I only said the people it could have right now, if it wasn't for all this nonsense. The people who stopped playing, potential paying customers, would have added to the coffers to keep servers well maintained. I, myself, only started playing a few months ago, and do enjoy the game. However, when I do find time to play, the servers are more down then up.

You may have money to burn, but don't you ever assume everyone else in this world does. Some play games, and sub for them, to avoid going out in a world that is designed for you to spend money a whim.
This discussion has been closed.