Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Magic Sorcs need some MAJOR help and it can't wait until the next update

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Sureshawt wrote: »
    Mulcibur wrote: »
    @Dracane

"Daedric Curse: The damage done to the primary target can no longer be blocked for this ability and its morphs. The area of effect damage to all secondary targets can still be blocked."

I saw it. My comment was the first on the patchnotes.

Stam on the other hand has so much more passive mititgation and they have healing over time. So they have lots of space to go offensive. Shield users either spam them, or they die instantly.

What is this passive mitigation you speak of? I want it :p

Guess it was only my imagination, that medium armor offers more resistance than light armor :)

Oh my bad....I guess it must have been the "so much more.." part that threw me or perhaps it was the fact that everyone knows that passive armor mitigation is pretty much useless unless stacking heavy....LOL

You guys really look silly trying to get your still OP class back to over the top OP status again.

I always exaggerate :) looks more dramatic you know ? I am a dramma queen afterall.

Anyway, they do have more mitigation and it's not to be ignored.
    Magicka Sorcerer is the bottom of everything right now. They excel at nothing anymore and have no backbone anymore (which used to be hardened ward, after everything was taken away)

That is odd since I regularly see them on the battlefield tanking 1vX with ease until someone comes along with shield breaker or shattering blows to actually put some pressure on them only to have them streak away unless another sorc can catch them with their own streak. Sorcs still have the strongest shields that effectively give them 100Ks of Hit Points which is hands down the best mitigation in the game. The only difference now is they have to refresh their shields more often. Sorcs also have some of the best burst when they time their combos properly. They also have some of the best mobility in the game with streak.

You guys are not fooling anyone except yourselves :smile:

Uhm no. Please, exaggerating is good and such.
    But 100k is really too exaggerated. Most Sorcs I see, have 23k if they stack 2 shields.

And that's it, shieldstacking is the only way to survive. Try playing with 1 shield and you will not tank anyone.
    It's easy to tank low damage opponents with shields. But when under attack by average or higher dps, shields become the worst survival tool. Because you just can't get rid of the pressure.

Sorcs are 3rd worst when it comes to burst. All stamina builds and magicka nightblades outperform them by far when it comes to this. Only magicka templar is worse with burst, followed by Dk.
    Even though Magicka templar could have access to awesome burst, it's just too stupid to use in my opinion.

Yup, i front bar Hardened Ward, but the moment im pressured severly im forced to sheild stack, strak to LOS, drop Mines and try to make things manageable.

Oh and Greater Storm Atro can be a lifesaver not so much for damage but using him as a LOS tool so your enemies have a harder time targeting you...but Sheild Stacking Sorcs aren't tanking much at all these days....thats for sure.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dracane

"Daedric Curse: The damage done to the primary target can no longer be blocked for this ability and its morphs. The area of effect damage to all secondary targets can still be blocked."

Stam on the other hand has so much more passive mititgation and they have healing over time. So they have lots of space to go offensive. Shield users either spam them, or they die instantly.

Guess it was only my imagination, that medium armor offers more resistance than light armor :)

Oh my bad....I guess it must have been the "so much more.." part that threw me or perhaps it was the fact that everyone knows that passive armor mitigation is pretty much useless unless stacking heavy....LOL

You guys really look silly trying to get your still OP class back to over the top OP status again.

I always exaggerate :) looks more dramatic you know ? I am a dramma queen afterall.

Magicka Sorcerer is the bottom of everything right now. They excel at nothing anymore and have no backbone anymore (which used to be hardened ward, after everything was taken away)

That is odd since I regularly see them on the battlefield tanking 1vX with ease until someone comes along with shield breaker or shattering blows to actually put some pressure on them only to have them streak away unless another sorc can catch them with their own streak. Sorcs still have the strongest shields that effectively give them 100Ks of Hit Points which is hands down the best mitigation in the game. The only difference now is they have to refresh their shields more often. Sorcs also have some of the best burst when they time their combos properly. They also have some of the best mobility in the game with streak.

But 100k is really too exaggerated. Most Sorcs I see, have 23k if they stack 2 shields.

And that's it, shieldstacking is the only way to survive. Try playing with 1 shield and you will not tank anyone.
    It's easy to tank low damage opponents with shields. But when under attack by average or higher dps, shields become the worst survival tool. Because you just can't get rid of the pressure.

Sorcs are 3rd worst when it comes to burst. All stamina builds and magicka nightblades outperform them by far when it comes to this. Only magicka templar is worse with burst, followed by Dk.
    Even though Magicka templar could have access to awesome burst, it's just too stupid to use in my opinion.

Yup, i front bar Hardened Ward, but the moment im pressured severly im forced to sheild stack, strak to LOS, drop Mines and try to make things manageable.

Oh and Greater Storm Atro can be a lifesaver not so much for damage but using him as a LOS tool so your enemies have a harder time targeting you...but Sheild Stacking Sorcs aren't tanking much at all these days....thats for sure.

Shield stack can help you survive in a 1v1. But in 1vx, the next CC kills your, no matter what you stack :D
    And that's why I decided to only use 1 shield. Trying to kill the target and not to turtle too much myself. Because once I let them force me into defense, it's over anyway.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Dracane

Oh please that is a single stack. When I say shields of 100Ks I mean how many stacks a sorc can easily refresh without breaking a sweat. I think 5 refreshes is on the conservative side given how much magicka can be stacked not to mention cost reduction/magicka regen. So yea easily in the 100K range. I've seen plenty do double that number and still have magicka for multiple repeated streaks even with the new 50% penalty. So yea they can get away when pressured.

3rd in burst...LOL ....pull that one out of your arse did ya? I don't know where you get that information from but there are plenty of recent videos (Sypher etc.) showing how to setup excellent burst and this is without overload,which I wont even get into. It is about the timing of the damage so it all hits together in one very nice burst.

It is true though that magicka sorcs are no longer a faceroll the keyboard and win over the top OP class like they used to be, however, either you are not doing it right or you are being dishonest about the true state of magicka sorcs.

Edited by Sureshawt on September 20, 2016 5:27PM
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4190125.jpg
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dracane

Oh please that is a single stack. When I say shields of 100Ks I mean how many stacks a sorc can easily refresh without breaking a sweat. I think 5 refreshes is on the conservative side given how much magicka can stacked not to mention cost reduction/magicka regen. So yea easily in the 100K range. I've seen plenty do double that number and still have magicka for multiple repeated streaks even with the new 50% penalty. So yea they can get away when pressured.

3rd in burst...LOL ....pull that one out of your arse did ya? I don't know where you get that information from but there are plenty of recent videos (Sypher etc.) showing how to setup excellent burst and this is without overload,which I wont even get into.

It is true though that magicka sorcs are no longer a faceroll the keyboard and win over the top OP class like they used to be, however, either you are not doing it right or you are being dishonest about the true state of magicka sorcs.

Because it's true. How about you play the class instead of watching your favorite streamers ? That's where pugs get their builds and ideas from.

The problem with Sorc burst, is that it is the most predictable of all. You see the curse and know when it explodes, you also see the fragments proc. So you can easily do something to evade the "burst" and even if it hits: The times when curse and frag were enough to bring someone in execution range are long gone. Luckily, curse being unblockable now makes our burst a bit harder to mitigate. But it still won't change our position.

Look at nightblade on the other hand: Soul harvest and assassin's will not only hit harder each, but are also as good as impossible to predict. You can barely react to it.
    And I don't need to talk about stam and their burst combos.
    Edited by Dracane on September 20, 2016 5:30PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

• Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Dracane

Oh please that is a single stack. When I say shields of 100Ks I mean how many stacks a sorc can easily refresh without breaking a sweat. I think 5 refreshes is on the conservative side given how much magicka can stacked not to mention cost reduction/magicka regen. So yea easily in the 100K range. I've seen plenty do double that number and still have magicka for multiple repeated streaks even with the new 50% penalty. So yea they can get away when pressured.

3rd in burst...LOL ....pull that one out of your arse did ya? I don't know where you get that information from but there are plenty of recent videos (Sypher etc.) showing how to setup excellent burst and this is without overload,which I wont even get into.

Because it's true. How about you play the class instead of watching your favorite streamers ? That's where pugs get their builds and ideas from.

The problem with Sorc burst, is that it is the most predictable of all. You see the curse and know when it explodes, you also see the fragments proc. So you can easily do something to evade the "burst" and even if it hits: The times when curse and frag were enough to bring someone in execution range are long gone. Luckily, curse being unblockable now makes our burst a bit harder to mitigate. But it still won't change our position.

Look at nightblade on the other hand: Soul harvest and assassin's will not only hit harder each, but are also as good as impossible to predict. You can barely react to it.

I don't have to play them to know as I fight them on a regular basis. I know very well what their capabilities are and they can be summarized as follows:

1) Hands down best mobility with streak
    2) Best mitigation in the game with shield stacking that also allows them to go offensive
    3) Some of the best timed burst in the game
    4) Hard hitting class ultimate (one of the best)
    4) OK healing with Surge ( a passive free heal just for critting - LOL)

There is nothing in this game that you want in your character that the Sorc cannot provide and it is in fact the most well rounded and versatile class in the game.

Oh and trust me if ZoS were foolish enough to listen people like you and restore them to being over the top OP status then you will see me on one. I never played a Sorc because it is not my play-style and was obvious easy mode.

Shields Up >>Pew Pew>> Get in trouble then just Streak Streak away.

Edited by Sureshawt on September 20, 2016 8:02PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dracane

I don't have to play them to know as I fight them on a regular basis. I know very well what their capabilities are and they can be summarized as follows:

2) Best mitigation in the game with shield stacking that also allows them to go offensive

There is nothing in this game that you want in your character that the Sorc cannot provide and it is in fact the most well rounded and versatile class in the game.

Oh and trust me if ZoS were foolish enough to listen people like you and restore them to being over the top OP status then you will see me on one. I never played a Sorc because it is not my play-style and was obvious easy mode.

It used to be quite easy. But this was long ago.
    Sorcs are the most overnerfed class. No other class received so many direct hits without any compensation.

Streak is so expensive, that everyone can catch a streaking Sorc. Because they can't get far with it and then they are free AP, as their magicka is drained for nothing.

Sorc shields require full attention. You have to recast them every second while under attack, you have no space to go offensive. Stamina on the other hand can simply pop Vigor, a dodge roll here and there. Giving them a huge time frame to attack without the need to recast anything. Which is also very good for ressource management.

Power Surge is poor. Only crit surge is somewhat good

A hard hitting ult, that announces itself with a giant loud explosion and shoots giant glowing orbs at you. All it takes is to dodge, reflect, shuffle or whatever. And then you can go for the offense yourself.

Maybe you are just not as good as you think honey.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Sureshawt

You do know Sypher re-rolled his Magicka Sorc (Sypher Sensei) to a Stam Sorc...you do realize that right?

He also re-rolled his Magblade to a Stam Blade last week on his steam because Magic Builds are rubbish in Cyrodiil with the exception of tanky Templars...I play Magicka DK and Magicka Sorc to go against the grain, but they are both rubbish compared to stamina...magic was never this OP ever in the history of this game.

All Sorc's shields done was help mask the clear weakness of a magic build which is low stam pool...Templars are currently masking that with very large heals and use of Malabeth....they are doing the same thing Sorcs did with shields, just with healing instead....its the same thing..Templar is only the best magic build in PVP because they can mask most of the weakness of a low stam pool with damage mitigation and healing

Its impossible to run a stam build out of stam, they outheal DOTS, they dish out more damage, they are more mobile, and they only weak to channelled attacks like Resto staff heavy, Lighting Staff Heavy, Soul Assault, and Radiant...and 2 of those 4 channels(Resto and Lighting) are a joke and are easily out healed with Vigor and rally....

Us magic builds have always had clear weaknesses in our Stamina pool, Sorcs in particular but for whatever reason many never capitalized on that...

Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on September 20, 2016 9:00PM
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Dracane

1. You are kidding yourself. A sorc that is rooted\snared is going to be OOM in literally 7 casts of streak (if they are at full magicka with no magicka poisons effecting them) while a stam build can simply cast shuffle, dodge roll, and go about their business kitting.

2. Have you heard of stacking healing buffs with heavy armor? And before you say but major defile even with someone running 100 in defile CP tree major defile will still not do anything against heavy builds stacking major vitality + mending with various hots.

3. Some of the best yes, but insanely predicatable and easily countered by stam\mag plar with purify.

4. Overload is just eww. In certain situations its certainly really effective but against most specs\those that run reflect its borderline useless or completely useless. I would personality like the ability to be reworked but that's another subject entirely.

4b. Ok (actually quite good) healing on a stam sorc, meh on a magicka sorc.

And all of this is coming from someone that just re rolled their magicka sorc to stam for reasons different but related to those above. Sorc is by no means bad in 1vX\VERY small group situations in which most people find themselves. You're certainly not at the level of say stamplar but its not like the tool kit isn't decent.
    Edited by The-Baconator on September 20, 2016 9:00PM
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sureshawt

You do know Sypher re-rolled his Magicka Sorc (Sypher Sensei) to a Stam Sorc...you do realize that right?

He also re-rolled his Magblade to a Stam Blade last week on his steam because Magic Builds are rubbish in Cyrodiil with the exception of tanky Templars....Templars are the best Magic Build, Magic Sorc is tied with Magic Nightblade for 2nd best...but that second best is a long ways apart...im talking...like from New York to California in distance between 1st and 2nd. To a Stam build its not even close...

I want to go back to New York with you, Rinaldo :(
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dracane

Oh please that is a single stack. When I say shields of 100Ks I mean how many stacks a sorc can easily refresh without breaking a sweat. I think 5 refreshes is on the conservative side given how much magicka can be stacked not to mention cost reduction/magicka regen. So yea easily in the 100K range. I've seen plenty do double that number and still have magicka for multiple repeated streaks even with the new 50% penalty. So yea they can get away when pressured.

3rd in burst...LOL ....pull that one out of your arse did ya? I don't know where you get that information from but there are plenty of recent videos (Sypher etc.) showing how to setup excellent burst and this is without overload,which I wont even get into. It is about the timing of the damage so it all hits together in one very nice burst.

Imho someone referencing other peoples videos when commenting about the state of classes they´re clearly not playing (edit: hahaha you even admit you have no experience whatsoever - you´re like that guy on the sofa yelling orders at the tv because his favorite football team is loosing and he´s played a lot of madden nfl on his console) should be a little less loudmouthed in voicing their uninformed opinions.
    Edited by Derra on September 20, 2016 9:43PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Sorcerer
    Daedric Curse: The damage done to the primary target can no longer be blocked for this ability and its morphs. The area of effect damage to all secondary targets can still be blocked.

There you go QQ sorcs, huge buff.

My Blocked Velicious Cirse hits for 6-7k on live...i'll easily get 10-12k hits out of this next update :)

Stop murdering level 10 recruits please.

Reading the patch notes, it sounds like ZoS reverted a sorcerer nerf. Was there a change in management or something?
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Daedric Curse: The damage done to the primary target can no longer be blocked for this ability and its morphs. The area of effect damage to all secondary targets can still be blocked.

My Blocked Velicious Cirse hits for 6-7k on live...i'll easily get 10-12k hits out of this next update :)

Reading the patch notes, it sounds like ZoS reverted a sorcerer nerf. Was there a change in management or something?

True.
    I say, it was our holy lord and father Auri-El. Praise him in the highest !
    Edited by Dracane on September 20, 2016 10:01PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer

Hehe hey now! No one asked me what level they were! ;)
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    @Dracane

Imho someone referencing other peoples videos when commenting about the state of classes they´re clearly not playing (edit: hahaha you even admit you have no experience whatsoever - you´re like that guy on the sofa yelling orders at the tv because his favorite football team is loosing and he´s played a lot of madden nfl on his console) should be a little less loudmouthed in voicing their uninformed opinions.

LOL ...Do really think it is necessary to play a class to understand and observe what they can do when currently fighting them daily on the battlefield? I may not have experience playing a top level sorc but lots fighting them.

Sypher has lots of builds and experiments like most of us do. Referencing him as the one that shows how it is done is plenty valid. I initially thought Dracane needed help but it turns out he admitted he was just exaggerating.

Although trust me if they buff sorcs back to faceroll the keyboard and win OP status I will finish leveling up mine. I will be joining you guys in Elder Sorcs Online and we can all run around shield stacking - pew pew - streak streak :smile:
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dracane

LOL ...Do really think it is necessary to play a class to understand and observe what they can do when currently fighting them daily on the battlefield? I may not have experience playing a top level sorc but lots fighting them.

Sypher has lots of builds and experiments like most of us do. Referencing him as the one that shows how it is done is plenty valid. I initially thought Dracane needed help but it turns out he admitted he was just exaggerating.

Although trust me if they buff sorcs back to faceroll the keyboard and win OP status I will finish leveling up mine. I will be joining you guys in Elder Sorcs Online and we can all run around shield stacking - pew pew - streak streak :smile:

Dracane is a girl. Yeah I think it's necessary to play a class to understand any struggles the class may have. Else if you see a sorc getting facerolled you might just assume they're a bad player, and conversly if you saw a sorc doing well that would probably lead you to the conclusion that sorcs were fine. You don't have to play a class to see what they're capable of, but I do think you have to play the class to know what that player had to go through to get to where they were. I have a max level templar that I grinded through cadwells silver and gold, but I have never pvp'd with him so I wouldn't even consider commenting with any authority on their pvp capabilities.
    PC | EU
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That curse buff... My DW yolo build might actually survive the upcoming Sword and Board abuse next patch lol.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It won't wait until the next update......

.....because it'll never happen.

#BuffStamina
    #ZOSlogic
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dracane

Yes i really think it is necessary to play a class to understand what they´re capable of.
    Simply for the reason that you will never understand how the class plays as a whole. You only get a small glimpse at sorcs when fighting them with 1 or maybe 2 out of 8 classes that you´re pvping with on a regular basis.

For this very reason i try avoid comments on templars and DKs - i have no pvp experience playing them. I can come up with ideas for buffs for things i think the class is underperforming in. Or i comment on bugs like honor the dead still ignoring line of sight completely. Or NB (which i have atleast some experience on) cloak still not having any ranged counter ability but countless melee ones (hard and softcounters).

You come here and try to tell actual sorc players that sorc burst is awesome and overload is a good ultimate. This just proves the point everyone here is making: You don´t have any experience with the class at all and only playing against them does not provide experienced to voice an informed opinion.
    Sorcerers burst is as widely telegraphed and delayed by atleast 3.5 seconds when your character starts to glow in a purple cloud. Any experienced player will avoid the sorc burst combo for that reason.
    Same goes for overload. Sure it´s awesome on paper. Using it on the other hand... I would ask you if you tried it - but you have not. 1h and shield reflect is becoming increasingly popular. 100% hardcounter for overload. Permablock is back with a vengeance - with overload being a projectile you might aswell throw cotton balls. Cloak makes the projectiles miss even when you have an active detect potion (bug if you ask me). Every magica build has access to harness magica. Lastly overload projectiles are horribly slow and a single dodgeroll will evade atleast 3 of them at range.
    Overload is basically only good if you´re outnumbering your opponent and they cant focus on you; against magica builds without harness or permablock or against stamina builds with really low stamreg without perma block.

Aaaand of course against bad players. Sorcerer in general is the noobstomper class. It still performs incredibly well against scrubs but falls off more than any other class with increasing skill of the opponent (or against specific builds because all you really need to do to never ever die to a sorc is hold block and have enough stamina to walk to the next resource holding block).
    Edited by Derra on September 21, 2016 7:34AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Special_Bradley
    Special_Bradley
    ✭✭✭
    The points you've made are true a part from the Shields. I always thought that the Shield duration nerf would be the end but really it was the start of something new for Sorcerers. It has made Sorcs more skilled in combat PvP and trust me, it's made me less lazy. I've always wanted to do a Summoning build but still aren't good enough for PvP. Good points though :smile:
    Ebonheart Loyalist - Xbox One EU

High Elf Magicka Sorcerer - Yeldarb The White
    High Elf Magicka Templar - Selena Moretz
    Nord Magicka Templar - Defencive Statue
    Argonian Magicka Templar - Julacules
    Dark Elf Magicka Dragon Knight - Yeld The Fire Lord
    Breton Magicka Night Blade - Chloe Gomez
  • Special_Bradley
    Special_Bradley
    ✭✭✭

I run with one shield now and I find it completely fine. I replaced Harness Magicka with Inner Light, so my Hardened Ward is much Stronger. However I recently notice that the Tool Tip for Hardened Ward is incorrect.

If you cast Hardened Ward then quickly check the Tool Tip, it says it's true value. Since Consoles don't have the Value of the shield over the health bar not (if none) Sorcerer players know about this. Sorcerers are just hard to play because you constantly focusing on the combo timing and shielding.

You are right about the burst though :smile:

Edited by Special_Bradley on September 21, 2016 8:52AM
    Ebonheart Loyalist - Xbox One EU

High Elf Magicka Sorcerer - Yeldarb The White
    High Elf Magicka Templar - Selena Moretz
    Nord Magicka Templar - Defencive Statue
    Argonian Magicka Templar - Julacules
    Dark Elf Magicka Dragon Knight - Yeld The Fire Lord
    Breton Magicka Night Blade - Chloe Gomez
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seriously, yesterday's unblockable curse is HUGE. on top of that, I am very happy to see more penetration sets added to the game. after all, penetration doesn't hurt you when running shields. I think the only thing that's missing is added more critical damage to sets (or to slightly tune down impen / transmutation) and shields, and thus sorcs, would probably be in a fairly good spot again.

that said, I really feel that pet AI should be improve (reliably get off walls, an option to always follow the sorcs targets, not only the current passive vs crazy-aggro modes). as you can see in duels (and somewhat even IC) pets aren't bad at all. They're just completely incompatible with the zergy battle between keeps, towers, walls and other obstancles that is today's cyrodiil
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »
    seriously, yesterday's unblockable curse is HUGE. on top of that, I am very happy to see more penetration sets added to the game. after all, penetration doesn't hurt you when running shields. I think the only thing that's missing is added more critical damage to sets (or to slightly tune down impen / transmutation) and shields, and thus sorcs, would probably be in a fairly good spot again.

that said, I really feel that pet AI should be improve (reliably get off walls, an option to always follow the sorcs targets, not only the current passive vs crazy-aggro modes). as you can see in duels (and somewhat even IC) pets aren't bad at all. They're just completely incompatible with the zergy battle between keeps, towers, walls and other obstancles that is today's cyrodiil

But they are bad, considering that they cost 2-3 slots each. For what it takes to maintain them, they must be improved.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

• Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glantir wrote: »
    - change curse to a normal DoT
    - remove casttime and knockdown effect of crystalfrag
    - reduce sorc skill costs

Problem solved :D

I wish it would be so easy but I think it isnt..... but would be nice if we didnt forced to use force pulse....

6 pages on this post but ... i agree with you man . your solution is short and exactly what we want !
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's disgusting to look at some people point out sorcerer weaknesses. We all have our weaknesses. There's a lot of insanely strong sorcerers dueling out there who are just wrecking the *** out of some stamina builds.

#IamsorcererandIcomplain
    #sorcs are fine.

(PVE) Best Ranged DPS in the game = SORCERER

And now tell me you don't need Ranged DPS. And now tell me stamina sorcerers are not powerfull, both in PvE and PvP. Magicka sorc PvP is WEAK?!?!?!? please. Go and use some of the new undaunted sets, use ice staff for a change and you'll see what a good magicka sorc can do to you in PvP.

Go fu** u*
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • Glantir
    Glantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's disgusting to look at some people point out sorcerer weaknesses. We all have our weaknesses. There's a lot of insanely strong sorcerers dueling out there who are just wrecking the *** out of some stamina builds.

#IamsorcererandIcomplain
    #sorcs are fine.

And now tell me you don't need Ranged DPS. And now tell me stamina sorcerers are not powerfull, both in PvE and PvP. Magicka sorc PvP is WEAK?!?!?!? please. Go and use some of the new undaunted sets, use ice staff for a change and you'll see what a good magicka sorc can do to you in PvP.

Go fu** u*

In my opinion the magblade is stronger in pve because of funnel health, siphoning attacks, merciless resolve, impale and the passives especially the ulti reg of nightblades is stronger than the cost reduce of sorcerers....
    Glantir Sorcerer ~ Ebonheart Pact (EU)
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure they are pulling some crazy dps right now i think i saw some one pull a 49k i would think its fine right now.
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glantir wrote: »

#IamsorcererandIcomplain
    #sorcs are fine.

Go fu** u*

In my opinion the magblade is stronger in pve because of funnel health, siphoning attacks, merciless resolve, impale and the passives especially the ulti reg of nightblades is stronger than the cost reduce of sorcerers....

Magblades sustain more easily, Sorcerers depend more on the supports, but with good supports they're doing more single Target DPS. Or atleast in my experience. Magicka NB's are still strong to play on Trials tho I agree and a good ranged option. Well there's really only these 2 options on ranged since both DK's and Templars on the magicka side are melee, and bow is still not competitive on ranged.
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »

But they are bad, considering that they cost 2-3 slots each. For what it takes to maintain them, they must be improved.

i wouldn't go as far as to simply say "bad", but it's true that they're not really worth all the slots. however, if you compare pets performance in a duel vs their performance somewhere where they can be line of sighted, I think making them good enough for "normal" pvp would take FAR more (and especially AI changes) compared to making them obviously worth their slots in duel-like situations.

I tried to play with twilight only (to benefit from necropotence but stay close to a non-pet playstyle and avoid pets using up all my slots) and I found it absolutely infuriating what pets did when an enemy LOS'es. Emulating a "stay by my side and attack when LOS allows" AI setting with the current keys is just me breaking my fingers (and I generally enjoy micro-intensive play-styles in other games but pet controls just feel really bad and lack some feedback, often I wasn't even sure if my command worked or not).
    Edited by Kas on September 21, 2016 2:47PM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Dracane

It used to be quite easy. But this was long ago.
    Sorcs are the most overnerfed class. No other class received so many direct hits without any compensation.

Streak is so expensive, that everyone can catch a streaking Sorc. Because they can't get far with it and then they are free AP, as their magicka is drained for nothing.

Sorc shields require full attention. You have to recast them every second while under attack, you have no space to go offensive. Stamina on the other hand can simply pop Vigor, a dodge roll here and there. Giving them a huge time frame to attack without the need to recast anything. Which is also very good for ressource management.

Power Surge is poor. Only crit surge is somewhat good

A hard hitting ult, that announces itself with a giant loud explosion and shoots giant glowing orbs at you. All it takes is to dodge, reflect, shuffle or whatever. And then you can go for the offense yourself.

Maybe you are just not as good as you think honey.

Power Surge is amazing. Not a main heal anymore, but in places like vMA/vDSA I'm always at full health. You don't even need shields in PvE anymore because of how good this ability is.

You don't streak to run away, you streak to buy time or to stun/meteor.

If you time your Overload with Frags, its insta kill. I have a clip of me getting ganked by a NB, he comes are me with a Ambush and Incap. I CC break watch him roll dodge, go into overload apply defensive rune empower my frag and shoot it out at the same time as an Overload light. 23k Instant damage. Hard to pull of, but worth trying.

Shields are a magicka drain. Look at NBs they only play with Healing Ward and they are perfectly fine. Yeah they have cloak, but we have crit immunity. As a sorc if you let your shields go down for a second (even way before DB) you were good as dead. Why? 20k health, no resists at all, no crit resists at all. Now I run my sorc with 25k health and 30% crit mitigation. I'm even thinking of rolling a heavy armor sorc with the Lich+Kagrenac's Hope+Engine Guardian when One Tamriel hits live on consoles. I already can't get one shot simply cause I have too much health under the shields. You don't have to keep your shields up 100% of the time, nor do you have to refresh them every second. You pop a shield and you start placing your burst and waiting for that little mistake. Sorcs are hard to play, but when you know how to do it, its very very lethal.

Stamplars are hard to kill because of their healing buffs and the snare from Jabs. Magplars are much much easier (Overload+Frags just one shots them) and radiant isn't a problem because shields. Stam sorcs are hard to out survive so you have to catch them Dark Dealing with that Frag, Hurricane eats your shield constantly so those are very important to take out quickly.

@ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade