Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Official Discussion Thread for Weapon Ultimates

• Zakor
    Zakor
    ✭✭✭
    Humatiel wrote: »
    Zakor wrote: »
    @Wrobel Some more info about the resto ult? It's also far too weak! Why do you guys always forget us healers? I took some effort to desgin a better ultimate and would like to know if you even heard about it yet or at least consider changing the current healer ult.

They've forgotten about healers so much they've made Lich more accessible, scaled up Warlock, given you Spell Power Cure and Infallible Aeither and both a masters/vma staff for your dead slot. Not to mention the healing buffs coming from the 4 new 2-Piece monster sets that let automation return stamina for you, and then the all time favorite Worm Cult.

I agree with you that the healing ult is weak, but jesus lets tone down the outcry a bit on the "the role is dead! the role is dead!".

Never done that dude, calm down a bit. I just said that they forget us healers everytime they change or "improve" abilities. Now it's the same thing with adding the new ults. 2H (dmg...) Ult is just crazy while the heal ult is... well let's not talk about it anymore.
    Fact is that the game is about dps only in many parts. You just mentioned the vma staff. Ever tried running that with a healer spec? I don't think so.... it's dps.
    So is it too much if I just want to know if the devs saw my idea to improve that damn weak ult?
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did Wrobel just Journey us?
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it remains at 250 cost :neutral:
    I don't think a damage boost alone will make it worth it for pvp. In pvp, ults that need so long to charge are never really desirable.

But I'm happy about the damage buff for soul strike. Maybe, but just maybe it'll be worth using.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Humatiel
    Humatiel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Humatiel wrote: »
    @Wrobel Some more info about the resto ult? It's also far too weak! Why do you guys always forget us healers? I took some effort to desgin a better ultimate and would like to know if you even heard about it yet or at least consider changing the current healer ult.

They've forgotten about healers so much they've made Lich more accessible, scaled up Warlock, given you Spell Power Cure and Infallible Aeither and both a masters/vma staff for your dead slot. Not to mention the healing buffs coming from the 4 new 2-Piece monster sets that let automation return stamina for you, and then the all time favorite Worm Cult.

I agree with you that the healing ult is weak, but jesus lets tone down the outcry a bit on the "the role is dead! the role is dead!".

Never done that dude, calm down a bit. I just said that they forget us healers everytime they change or "improve" abilities. Now it's the same thing with adding the new ults. 2H (dmg...) Ult is just crazy while the heal ult is... well let's not talk about it anymore.
    Fact is that the game is about dps only in many parts. You just mentioned the vma staff. Ever tried running that with a healer spec? I don't think so.... it's dps.
    So is it too much if I just want to know if the devs saw my idea to improve that damn weak ult?

thats fair, I took your words of "you always forget healers" as intended as a sweeping dramatic statement which is what made me peeved. If it was meant purely as a personal opinion to emphasize this particular update alone then I apologize for my last comment.

Of course the rest of your post seems to further prove it was meant to be dramatic so I stand by my statement.

OT: One of the main reasons you see healing hasn't received a great deal many new updates is because healing hasn't changed. they were using resource return with the same 5 abilities and healing springs in 2014 and they are doing so now. I would find it interesting should they ever decide to go a step further such as a toggle channel to return resources / shields etc. Until then though all you can really get is new gear.

Edited by Humatiel on September 9, 2016 4:11PM
    VMA | vHRC-HM | vAA-HM | vSO-HM | vMOL-HM
    700+ CP
    GM of Luxury Raids
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy bloody buggery they -lisened- to us?

IT'S A SIGN.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oblivion's foe meta
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul Strike. Now all magicka classes will have a Jesus Beam! YAY! :D
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my God @Wrobel is here! Quick tell him about the mDK's state in PVP. Oh wait....we have a thread for that.
  • Chillic
    Chillic
    ✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »

I was wondering if I am the only one who started singing that song...
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some good news for once, let's hope it's not empty promises!
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrobel wrote: »
    Guys, thanks for the detailed testing and posts here. Two major issues we’re acting on based on your feedback is giving magicka a more effective single target Ultimate, and improving the effectiveness of Elemental Storm.

Soul Strike is already a single target Ultimate, however it’s not as reliable since you can be interrupted or stunned while casting it. In addition to resolving the reliability issues, we’re also going to be increasing the ability damage to account for the fact that you’re more vulnerable while channeling.

We want Elemental Storm to remain expensive and focus on increasing its power level to make it worth 250 Ultimate. Expect to see a significant damage boost on this one.

We’re committed to making all of the Ultimates feel awesome and will continue to make improvements and fix bugs. Don’t stop the feedback and don’t stop believing.

A wild Wrobel sighting has been reported on the PTS forums.
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Update 12 could kill this game for me. I'm struggling to find any redeeming qualities about it. Stamina is already out of hand. This is ridiculous. It's as if the devs don't even play the game.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • Rykmaar
    Rykmaar
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, thanks for the detailed testing and posts here. Two major issues we’re acting on based on your feedback is giving magicka a more effective single target Ultimate, and improving the effectiveness of Elemental Storm.

Soul Strike is already a single target Ultimate, however it’s not as reliable since you can be interrupted or stunned while casting it. In addition to resolving the reliability issues, we’re also going to be increasing the ability damage to account for the fact that you’re more vulnerable while channeling.

We want Elemental Storm to remain expensive and focus on increasing its power level to make it worth 250 Ultimate. Expect to see a significant damage boost on this one.

We’re committed to making all of the Ultimates feel awesome and will continue to make improvements and fix bugs. Don’t stop the feedback and don’t stop believing.

hi @Wrobel

What is the reasoning behind elemental storm to begin with? Why did magicka builds need another AoE ultimate in your opinion? I appreciate you looking at Soul Strike, but the fact is that soul strike doesn't synergize with other factors that magicka players rely on for damage like +shock damage for a sorc, or +fire damage for a dk. That is why we think staves should get the single target ability.

Why don't we change Soul Strike to be an AoE instead?

Can you please comment on the discussions involving destruction staff usage in general? @Joy_Division 's thread is a good place to start.

Also what about the feedback on the 2h ult?
    Edited by Rykmaar on September 9, 2016 6:43PM
  • Rykmaar
    Rykmaar
    ✭✭✭

IT'S A SIGN.

They didn't yet lol. Don't get excited.

Giving a 250 ult more damage doesn't solve the problem that stamina builds are going to be in our faces with cheap ults killing us before we can charge our new ult.
    Edited by Rykmaar on September 9, 2016 6:44PM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rykmaar wrote: »

IT'S A SIGN.

Giving a 250 ult more damage doesn't solve the problem that stamina builds are going to be in our faces with cheap ults killing us before we can charge our new ult.

This is true, but hey, it's -acknowledgement-. It's at least -something-.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rykmaar wrote: »

IT'S A SIGN.

Right. A damage ultimate with 250 cost is never going to work in pvp.
    You need a reliable ult that deals fast burst damage and it needs to be recharged in time.

Elemental storm has neither burst nor a realistic uptime. As long as they don't double the damage, I can't see it being used with this high cost and 0 utility
    Soul Assault is no burst as well. I doubt it is going to work.
    Edited by Dracane on September 9, 2016 6:53PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If Elemental Storm is going to be worth 250, it needs to do significantly more damage than Meteor and you also need to add some utility to it. Meteor follows the target, does great damage, returns ultimate with right morph, costs less, increases stats for being slotted, grants empower after cast, and deals an AoE CC.

One idea: Make elemental storm increase all of your damage or crit or crit damage by x% for x seconds after casting it. This will need to not be a major or minor buff. It will need to stack with everything.

Idea2: For x seconds after casting elemental storm, magical damage done to any enemy restores x ultimate per hit. Probably needs to exclude dots to be balanced or include dots but have a proc limitation.
    Edited by timidobserver on September 9, 2016 7:49PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to talk about Reso Staff Ults. To be honest as a healing Templar in pvp I don't like this ability at all. Its to weak for what you getting out of it. I would much rather use solar disturbance or aggressive war horn as those ults effect groups and are very helpful in alot of situations.

The resto staff abilities may be good in certain pve content but even than it sucks. I would sure how they beef up the resto ults as its extremely weak.

Cheaper cost? Nah not even worth it with a cheap cost
    Aoe? Yea give the effect to multiple people, larger radius, longer duration

To be honest i hope they scrap the whole resto staff ult and start over.
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

• Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Communication! I love it!
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »

Some will win, (Stam builds)
    Some will lose, (Mag builds)
    Some were born to sing the blues! (Mag DK)
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please keep in mind Soul Strike is not a Single Target Magicka ULT in PvE, it is a waste of time. You also need to factor in the fact that you cannot cast any skills while channeling it, so while it may work in pvp, definitely useless in PvE.

The damage would have to be INSANELY boosted for it to be PvE viable.

I am fine with a pure damage buff for the new Destro Ult, as long as the damage is worth 250 ult. Right now, were looking at like 2x damage increase or more though. Remember that because of the 2 seconds before damage starts, this ult has less use in PvP. I suggest the 2 sec buildup is either removed or GREATLY compensated for with another effect (instant burst deeps for the 1st tick, or super snare/burning/concussion while in that 2 second phase.)

Also, keep in mind the stamina ults, that have some GLARING issues mentioned thus far.
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if Light's Champion mechanic is intended. It proc major buffs for 5 sec after healing, so as result when it ended it grant those buffs for another 5 sec, 10 in total. Expect ultimate generating healbots spamming this ult in PvP non-stop.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Wonder if Light's Champion mechanic is intended. It proc major buffs for 5 sec after healing, so as result when it ended it grant those buffs for another 5 sec, 10 in total. Expect ultimate generating healbots spamming this ult in PvP non-stop.

I am not anti-PvP. I have spent a lot of time PvPing over the years. That said, it is annoying that so much stuff gets nerfed over PvP....
    Edited by timidobserver on September 9, 2016 8:51PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good to hear from you. However, not sure you are totally getting this gist of the feedback from this statement.
    • There is a near consensus that the destruction staff ultimate needs to do more than just damage. All big magicka AoE ultimates in the game perform valuable secondary functions that are actually more important than their damage.
    • If you want to keep elemental storm expensive, fine, please make one morph single target and the other AoE. destro staff users want burst, burst, burst. Actually they want a lot of things.
    • Please give it a morph that's actually decent. Automatic burning condition in no way qualifies. Maybe refund the ult cost if we kill someone, reflect all projectiles, or make it last twice as long. Wut? Those sounds ridiculously powerful? Clearly not, since that's the choices stam ultimate can get.
    • Although it has not received nearly enough attention (because there are far fewer healers in the game than DPS), the resto ultimate is terrible inefficient and a colossal waste of resources. There is NO WAY I would ever consider blowing 125 ultimate to heal one single person for 5 seconds. It's overkill.

Edited by Joy_Division on September 9, 2016 10:22PM
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭

Don't know if you have this already, but it would be really nice to see morphs of the dual wield and 2 handed (or at least the dual wield) ults that scale off magicka. Spellswords are a big thing in this game just like they were in a lot of previous Elder Scrolls games, and it'd be really nice to have that reflected in the ults.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if you have this already, but it would be really nice to see morphs of the dual wield and 2 handed (or at least the dual wield) ults that scale off magicka. Spellswords are a big thing in this game just like they were in a lot of previous Elder Scrolls games, and it'd be really nice to have that reflected in the ults.

Remember that all ultimate scale on max resources, max damage and max crit. The 2H and DW one scales on max magicka. They do not scale on ele expert cp and spell pen, though.
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you checked to see if they do? Because they *seemed* like they did for my mag character. I've gotten conflicting info from people, but I think that ults may scale off whatever is your highest stat, but they still do the stated type of damage (so penetration and CP allocation would matter)?
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭

Good to hear from you. However, not sure you are totally getting this gist of the feedback from this statement.
    • There is a near consensus that the destruction staff ultimate needs to do more than just damage. All AoE ultimate in the game perform valuable secondary functions that are actually more important than their damage.
    • If you want to keep elemental storm expensive, fine, please make one morph single target and the other AoE. destro staff users want burst, burst, burst. Actually they want a lot of things.
    • Please give it a morph that's actually decent. Automatic burning condition in no way qualifies. Maybe refund the ult cost if we kill someone, reflect all projectiles, or make it last twice as long. Wut? Those sounds ridiculously powerful? Clearly not, since that's the choices stam ultimate can get.
    • Although it has not received nearly enough attention (because there are far fewer healers in the game than DPS), the resto ultimate is terrible inefficient and a colossal waste of resources. There is NO WAY I would ever consider blowing 125 ultimate to heal one single person for 5 seconds. It's overkill.

I don't think you realize there is a big difference between 'getting the jist' and agreeing with all the feedback provided.

Just because they are listening doesn't mean you will or should get everything you ask for :wink:

Edited by Sureshawt on September 9, 2016 10:02PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sureshawt wrote: »

• There is a near consensus that the destruction staff ultimate needs to do more than just damage. All AoE ultimate in the game perform valuable secondary functions that are actually more important than their damage.

I don't think you realize there is a big difference between 'getting the jist' and agreeing with all the feedback provided.

Just because they are listening doesn't mean you will or should get everything you ask for :wink:

I do.

Why bother having feedback if there is a near consensus about a change only for ZoS to ignore it because they don't agree?

I'm not asking them to agree all the feedback. If, however, they are going to ignore something that has been pointed out as deficient by many many people (some even having PTS evidence to boot), then Wrobel's very words of "Don’t stop the feedback and don’t stop believing" is worse than useless.