The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v2.6.0

• Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The Rosy Lion in Daggerfall is renovating a room and has locked it."
    @SantieClaws ;)
    Edited by Leogon on September 2, 2016 11:15PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess, the class changes went missing ? Must be somewhere on your PC :) I'm sure, you have a Sorcerer buff folder somewhere. You do, don't you ? Lady Gina ???
    Edited by Dracane on September 2, 2016 11:16PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    Well, after having tested a little, I'm actually reasonably pleased with out the scaling turns out. :)

Solo-only zones are also scaled to max, and I'm actually excited for the crafting mats scaling. :D

I was so worried I'd be forced to look elsewhere for entertainment, but so I'm glad that isn't the case.

So long as the difficulty remains at about this level, I should have very few problems with combat.

It's a great game, is ESO. :D

EDIT: Granted, I was wearing set pieces, but it shouldn't be that difficult to navigate through story and the like without them. Just one thing though, can the loss of armour rating and weapon damage as listed on the items from level to level be attributed to some catching up with those stats due to a level gain? Sort of, right hand feeding back to the left hand?
    Edited by sentientomega on September 3, 2016 7:28AM
  • ragespell
    ragespell
    ✭✭✭
    Am I missing something or there isn't anything about class balance?
    Maybe I am wrong, and everything is ok
  • MasterGohan
    MasterGohan
    ✭✭
    ONE TAMRIEL
    Crafting & Harvesting
    • Survey Reports received from Crafting Writs may now send you to any zone throughout the world.  
    • You may now pick up Crafting Writs from Writ Boards outside your home alliance.
      • Note: Deliveries sites are still determined by your original alliance.
    • When opening a Clothing, Woodworking, or Blacksmithing Writ reward box, you now have a chance to obtain a shipment of 25 refined materials from a previous tier of materials.
      • These shipments appear whenever you do not obtain a Survey Report.
    • You no longer need to be Champion 10 or above to obtain Crafting Writs for Craglorn and Orsinium.
      • Note: You still must have access to Orsinium in order to receive an Orsinium crafting writ.  
      [*]All harvest nodes now scale to your combat level or applicable crafting passive rank.

This means that all resource nodes in all areas will be just like the ones in the DLC areas and Cyrodiil I assume. Well I do not have the Orsinium DLC so right now my crafting writs are turned in in Craglorn and use CP140 materials (Voidstone, Shadowhide, Void Cloth and Nightwood) even though I am above CP160 and maxed out in all crafting passives. When this update hits I will only be able to find CP160 materials (Rubedite, Ancestor Silk, Rubedo Hide and Ruby Ash). My question is will I not be able to do my crafting writs because the Craglorn ones will require a lower level of material than I can harvest? Or will the writs themselves scale to my level/passives (please let it be this!)?
    • Epona222
      Epona222
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I'm on the 3rd quest of the main story at level 5 which is a nice surprise - no level gating for main quests any longer.
      GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    • Auldjohn
      Auldjohn
      ✭✭✭✭
      Any One Tamriel wallpapers coming?
      @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
      "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
      YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
    • Tevalaur
      Tevalaur
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Miscellaneous Systems Changes & Updates
      In addition to the above updates for One Tamriel, we’ve also made several miscellaneous changes to various systems across the game.
      • Soul gem usage has been simplified.
        • Players of all levels will receive and fill Grand Soul Gems, which can be used to revive players of any level, as well as to refill enchantments.
        • Non-grand Soul Gems no longer fill these roles, and may be sold to vendors.

Why not simply convert all non-grand Soul Gems to Grand Soul Gems instead of making them essentially worthless after lower-level characters worked to get them?

Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
    • Cody_svk
      Cody_svk
      ✭✭
      "The wings found on the Trinimac set are now attached to the chest instead of the shoulders."

Why, why? Why can't you just leave them on the shoulders? Those wings are clearly on the shoulder piece, why would you want to force them on the chest piece?

Light Trinimac Chest is my favorite style piece, and since I am no fan of those wings (which are and should stay as part of epaulets), this change will just ruin the whole chest piece (because those wings don't look like they were part of the chest, but rather just attached pieces by invisible glue)

Hopefully this will affect only the dropped set (Trinimac Valor) rather than the whole Trinimac style (Trinimac motif), when it is states as "Trinimac set" rather than "Trinimac style."

Otherwise this is literally the worst change that I have ever seen in patch notes and the only one on which I had to express my opposing opinion.
    • Shinshadow
      Shinshadow
      ✭✭✭✭
      I'm not trying to get into anyone's business, but why doesn't Werewolf get a skill set that reduces it's costs like Vampire received in this patch??
    • tinythinker
      tinythinker
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hmm...
      • Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, Undaunted Dailies.
      • Tougher overland bosses.
      • More music throughout the game.
      • Kept some Crag group content, made other content solo-friendly, added Crag overland bosses.
      • Made it so that people can play with their friends of different levels throughout the game.

Feels like a "let's start on tiny's list" update. Should be able to get the rest done by, what, Update 16? 17?
      Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
      (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    • tinythinker
      tinythinker
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      And is it me or has there been some general polishing on some of the graphics, like glowy-type things and other subtle changes?

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot, also some new minor sound effects here and there...
      Edited by tinythinker on September 3, 2016 2:25AM
      Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
      (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    • arkansas_ESO
      arkansas_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Oompuh wrote: »
      Nifty2g wrote: »
      Darlon wrote: »
      @ZOS_GinaBruno
      All set drops from dungeons and Trials are bind-on-pickup.
      This sounds like a mistake, if not, what the hell is that change? You want people to be broke? How do you expect people to be raid ready?

Wtf is this

Don't forget you can trade within your group.
      @ZOS_GinaBruno

Well that's the issue, seeing as I run high end dungeons and Trials

This mainly puts a massive hindrance on trials especially, if I was raid leading most people can't get the best gear anymore, they wont be getting invited to raids or anything like that if they are wanting to start out, I understand that the best gear is already Bind on Pickup, but your other option is Bind on Equip gear and after that is crafted gear

Not only that but right now the economy is utter crap, removing Bind on Equip from trials just ruins raiders too, we can't sell gear to the community, we can't buy anything because of it either, I just don't understand what this will achieve, are you trying to cause more PUG and group finder groups to sell your loot within groups to each other, because friends dont do that with each other, and most people wont run in them anyway because of the gear issue

That is just my opinion, personally I think it's a very unhealthy addition and will just breed more elitism and divide raiders apart from the experienced and non experienced

Actually getting the gear like the sun set for instance, won't be an issue, as it will drop in normal overland content (stonefalls) now also.

I agree it hurts people selling it though...
      Hold up guys I cant go to trials tonight I have to farm solo for my gear

Yeah, sounds good doesn't it ;) I can't support this change what so ever, just doesn't seem right, not only do I help people farm for gear and trade it with them if they are offline or something and helping friends complete gear sets who are not in my group, but now they have to farm SOLO for it, as if Maelstrom wasn't enough

Or...

Before: I got a Silks of the sun ring. I could either sell it or give it to a group mate. Theyre going for 500k, I'll sell it.

Now: I got a sills of the sun ring. I don't have a magicka dk so I'll give it the mdk in the group because it's bound.

I feel like it promotes generosity over greed imo.
      If you want trial gear, do trial content, makes sense to me

More like:

Before: I got a Silks of the Sun ring. I could either sell it or give it a group mate, but everybody in my group either already has the set or doesn't want it. That's cool, I'll just sell it, as I can use that gold to upgrade some of my gear, or help pay for repair+potion bills.

After: I got a Silks of the Sun ring. I don't want it, and nobody in my group wants it. It sits and gathers dust in my inventory for an eternity. Instead of getting gold, which I can use to improve my gear and pay for potions, I get essentially nothing. I don't see how this is meant to be anything but harmful to those who run trials often.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
    • dimensional
      dimensional
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This is completely ridiculous the class balance is worse than it has ever been and they dont change it whatsoever, for

It's not even close to being worse than it has ever been, it's quite the opposite.
    • jhharvest
      jhharvest
      ✭✭✭
      I was excited when I started reading the patch notes.

Then I realised: a bunch of sets got buffed, strong weapon ultimates added, no class balance changes at all. In a meta where everything is focused on piling up more and more damage. Eh?
    • mb10
      mb10
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Radiant destruction is still alive and well...
    • GoliathYT
      GoliathYT
      great job can't wait to see weapon ultimates
    • Asata
      Asata
      ✭✭✭
      @ZOS_GinaBruno
      This sounds like a mistake, if not, what the hell is that change? You want people to be broke? How do you expect people to be raid ready?

Wtf is this

I completely agree. This is absolutely absurd.
      @ZOS_GinaBruno

Wtf is this

Forget this trade within your group nonsense and just let us trade the stuff with anyone. Nobody likes it. Remove Bind on Pickup entirely. We should be able to trade everything except stuff we've equipped or upgraded.

The stuff that is BoP already is bad enough as it is... making virtually everything BoP is the worst thing you could possibly do. You need to do the exact opposite for the health of the game and its economy.
      Synozeer wrote: »
      Storm Knight looks like the old patch notes - that damage was increased last time. No mention of the fixes to it.

Yeah, seriously. Do they not understand how horrendously broken this set is? And they're buffing it?!
    • Wolfchild07
      Wolfchild07
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @ZOS_GinaBruno

Wtf is this

More BoP BS. They want to make us so sick from the thought of more grinding that we stop playing the game.
      @ZOS_GinaBruno

Wtf is this

Not good enough. There are so many sets in the game now that everything should be BoE.
    • LegacyDM
      LegacyDM
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      So what excuse will wrobel use this time to sneak a stealth nerf in for resource regeneration?

First time it was we converted levels from vet system to cp so we need to nerf.

Second time was we changed resource regen from multiplicative to additive due to "coding oversight" yeah right.

So what's it gonna be this time @wrobel? We all know your trying to balance damage at the expense of regen. Just be honest and transparent if you intend to nerf us again.
      Legacy of Kain
      Vicious Carnage
      ¥ampire Lord of the South
    • runagate
      runagate
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      OMG OMG OMG OMG

Eastmarch: Stendarr’s Embrace, Fiord’s Legacy, Akaviri Dragonguard

I've begged, I've pleaded, I've given this as the set I most want if I could scale anything up to max level. Some of the Set changes are amazing, a small number hilariously uninformed, but I don't even care: I get to have my CP 160 Fiord's Legacy set at long, long last!!!!!!!!!
    • Thevampirenight
      Thevampirenight
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Shinshadow wrote: »
      I'm not trying to get into anyone's business, but why doesn't Werewolf get a skill set that reduces it's costs like Vampire received in this patch??

They do have a couple of sets, one adds 5 ult per damage with a cool down of six seconds I think and the other reduces the cost of werewolf transformation. Those are already in the game.
      PC NA
      Please add Fangs to Vampires.
    • Thevampirenight
      Thevampirenight
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
      PTS finally finished downloading. "Could not unzip manifest" error pops up. Now it restarted downloading from zero percent. :'(
      Do the repair let it verify the first main file. Then click cancel, thats what you have to do with it. Then the patch will be done. Then the game is ready to play.
      PC NA
      Please add Fangs to Vampires.
    • Markdechene1
      Markdechene1
      ✭✭✭
      Love the pledge changes. Now if we could just get vicious serpent from one of the dungeons that would be perfect...!
    • Markdechene1
      Markdechene1
      ✭✭✭
      Also skoria buff will be interesting!
    • Synozeer
      Synozeer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Asata wrote: »
      Yeah, seriously. Do they not understand how horrendously broken this set is? And they're buffing it?!

I don't think they buffed Storm Knight, I'm guessing she accidently copy/pasted the patch notes from last patch (which is when it was buffed). It might have been fixed, but the notes are wrong. Haven't had a chance to get on the PTS to test it yet.
      Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
      Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
      ...and many more.
    • The_Legendary_Arya
      Question to the Undaunted keys, will the Silver&Gold keys we have atm be after the Patch both "Undaunted Key", or gold keys only? What happens with the silver keys then?
      Edited by The_Legendary_Arya on September 3, 2016 9:16AM
    • Xsorus
      Xsorus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      runagate wrote: »
      OMG OMG OMG OMG

Eastmarch: Stendarr’s Embrace, Fiord’s Legacy, Akaviri Dragonguard

I've begged, I've pleaded, I've given this as the set I most want if I could scale anything up to max level. Some of the Set changes are amazing, a small number hilariously uninformed, but I don't even care: I get to have my CP 160 Fiord's Legacy set at long, long last!!!!!!!!!

Darkstride + Fiords Legacy on my Orc Stam Sorc ftw
    • olsborg
      olsborg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Does any of these sets that drop from zones/overland or dungeons come in impenetrable trait? They definately should! @ZOS_GinaBruno

PC EU
      PvP only
    • Glamdring
      Glamdring
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Papa_Hunt wrote: »
      @ZOS_GinaBruno

Wtf is this

That means nothing. Most money made by running trials is made from selling to people who are not interested at all in PvE.

This @ZOS_GinaBruno

You guys might want to rethink this one.

I've been here since beta, but this one thing will make me leave the game immediately. I have neither the time nor the inclination to PvE to compete in PvP. I like to buy my items and PvP. This change would be the last straw (I imagine for a lot of peeps). Maybe you guys don't care? Oh well, about time to move on anyway.

You do realise that this change is alot better for us pvpers right? trial sets will now drop BoE in openworld and dungeons. Which will make em much more common and less priced. For example: Fungal Grotto will now drop Vipers Sting. Which is a fairly easy dungeon that many ppl run Daily. So viper will be much cheaper after this patch.