The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v2.6.0

• Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Papa_Hunt wrote: »
    Chori wrote: »
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    All set drops from dungeons and Trials are bind-on-pickup.
    This sounds like a mistake, if not, what the hell is that change? You want people to be broke? How do you expect people to be raid ready?

Wtf is this

Don't forget you can trade within your group.

That means nothing. Most money made by running trials is made from selling to people who are not interested at all in PvE.

This @ZOS_GinaBruno

You guys might want to rethink this one.

I've been here since beta, but this one thing will make me leave the game immediately. I have neither the time nor the inclination to PvE to compete in PvP. I like to buy my items and PvP. This change would be the last straw (I imagine for a lot of peeps). Maybe you guys don't care? Oh well, about time to move on anyway.

How about you learn to read... Most of the sets used on pvp that drop in trials will now drop elsewhere too... and it's not like you never had to do pledges to farm your monster shoulder pieces anyway. What can I say, if you never had to do that or tried to then you were not competing to begin with. These are wonderful changes for casual players and even for PvPers because I don't know about you but I rather spend 20 minutes doing a FG vet run to farm pieces I need than be forced to do a 1 hour or longer trial or buy extremely overpriced stuff from trial drops.

Dont let the door hit ya on the way out if you decide to leave.

Calm your soul! Why should I have to do ANY PvE at all to compete in PvP? I don't enjoy PvE and have limited time to play. So no, I don't want to spend even 20 minutes doing a run. I'd rather buy anything I want, when I want. Is that okay with you that I feel that way?

I'm curious, how did you become a gamer with this mindset? Are there many MMO's with the type of itemization you are in favor of? Ya you can feel that way, but every player of ESO starts as a PVE'er. When you have developed your character enough in PVE and you hit lvl 10 you get invited to Cyrodiil.
    Using the 'why should I have to PVE if I only PVP' mindset, isn't it hypocritical, since the guild skill lines and legerdemain skills you use in Cyrodiil come from PVE? And once you left PVE land and transitioned to full PVP land, besides earning AP and buying vendor items, how do you expect to outfit yourself?
    Surely you don't picture yourself in a guild, since that's from PVE, because you would be farming all your own materials in Cyrodiil, refining all the mats you farm in Cyrodiil into your own tanins and tempers, and farming your own runes to make glyphs? While being able to get only skillpoints in Cyrodiil for your crafting passives, and your weapons and armor and class skill lines?
    And gold, you get gold from quests in Cyrodiil and some gold off of the scattered delves and npc's in Cyrodiil, but that would be your only income. And you wouldn't have access to Undaunted items besides the ones the Vendor sells :)

TLDR: PVP AND PVE go hand in hand. That cruddy attitude makes you irrational and a bit of a hypocrite.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PTS finally finished downloading. "Could not unzip manifest" error pops up. Now it restarted downloading from zero percent. :'(
  • Chori
    Chori
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    This sounds like a mistake, if not, what the hell is that change? You want people to be broke? How do you expect people to be raid ready?

Wtf is this

That means nothing. Most money made by running trials is made from selling to people who are not interested at all in PvE.

This @ZOS_GinaBruno

You guys might want to rethink this one.

I've been here since beta, but this one thing will make me leave the game immediately. I have neither the time nor the inclination to PvE to compete in PvP. I like to buy my items and PvP. This change would be the last straw (I imagine for a lot of peeps). Maybe you guys don't care? Oh well, about time to move on anyway.

How about you learn to read... Most of the sets used on pvp that drop in trials will now drop elsewhere too... and it's not like you never had to do pledges to farm your monster shoulder pieces anyway. What can I say, if you never had to do that or tried to then you were not competing to begin with. These are wonderful changes for casual players and even for PvPers because I don't know about you but I rather spend 20 minutes doing a FG vet run to farm pieces I need than be forced to do a 1 hour or longer trial or buy extremely overpriced stuff from trial drops.

Dont let the door hit ya on the way out if you decide to leave.

Calm your soul! Why should I have to do ANY PvE at all to compete in PvP? I don't enjoy PvE and have limited time to play. So no, I don't want to spend even 20 minutes doing a run. I'd rather buy anything I want, when I want. Is that okay with you that I feel that way?

That's perfect man, but I would advice to re check your concepts of what to compete on this game pvp wise is. You need undaunted like it or not, and not just for monster shoulders since most meta builds use at least one monster shoulder/helm piece, or even weapons in terms of VMA. I sometimes don't have the time either to do any of that but I understand there is a side of the game that needs your dedication in order to achieve something else.

I am very calm though, I am not threatening to leave if things don't go my way. Hope you can see the bigger picture of all that.
    EP NA-PC - Invictus - Odem Mortis
    1. Stamina NB Cat - ChoriB'Good
    2. Magicka NB High Elf - Lîndara
    3. Stam Sorc High Elf - Lindara Moonlight
    4. Red Guard Stamina DK - Chorî
    5. Red Guard Stamina Templar - Choripaninikinnie
    6. Magplar High Elf - Vagitarian Sillonour
    Don't tell me you lag, I play with 200-300 ms all the time ^_^
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Legoless wrote: »
    Crafting & Harvesting
    • All harvest nodes now scale to your combat level or applicable crafting passive rank.
    Really not a fan of that...

I think the thing that *might* make that OK (I will test it if this download ever finishes) is:

When opening a Clothing, Woodworking, or Blacksmithing Writ reward box, you now have a chance to obtain a shipment of 25 refined materials from a previous tier of materials.
    These shipments appear whenever you do not obtain a Survey Report.

This, I find quite a relief, actually.

But something does bother me, does every single item you can wear in the game scale to 150/160? Like, even items you craft, be they set pieces or not?

You will still be able to craft for any level, drops will be scaled to your character level

But they all scale to the max, so no feeling gimped in combat?

The scaling will almost certainly work the same way as it does on live servers in DLC zones currently.

ie. any gimping you feel as a lower level character will be due to not having certain skills unlocked etc.
    Edited by Epona222 on September 2, 2016 9:07PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for fixing Eidetic Memory as much as you could and leave open the chance for us to communicate what is missing!
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    PTS finally finished downloading. "Could not unzip manifest" error pops up. Now it restarted downloading from zero percent. :'(
    This is the same issue I had. I closed the downloader, restarted it, then it had repair. Tried to hit repair, and it wanted me to download a 36GB file at 300kb/s.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Defeating monsters in Orsinium’s public dungeons now grant 40% less experience, bringing them more in-line with other public dungeons.

Explains a lot.
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @ZOS_GinaBruno :)

Lots of awesome stuff!
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    This is the same issue I had. I closed the downloader, restarted it, then it had repair. Tried to hit repair, and it wanted me to download a 36GB file at 300kb/s.

Don't repair, try launching the game direct from the .exe file - there is a separate .exe file for the pts client.
    Edited by Epona222 on September 2, 2016 9:16PM

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since they're not dropping gear in impenetrable, can we be able to craft oblivion's edge?
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had the chance to test, let alone evaluate the changes here. However I will say many of these changes strike me as good intentioned and, if done correctly, should make the game more fun to play.

Next patch, can you please address skill/class imbalance?.
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Wtf is this

@Nifty2g this is bollux. Absolutely ridiculous. There is no way to make money from end game PVE anymore.... No way for folks who haven't done trials to gear up... Smh common ZOS. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Don't repair, try launching the game direct from the .exe file - there is a separate .exe file for the pts client.

I tried that. Bombed out immediately with the white popup that asks what you were doing when game crashed.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that gear sets from trials are all going to BOP worries me - I don't have much opportunity to do trials, but I do farm and sell a lot of alchemy mats to people who do - if people don't have the opportunity to make good wedge from doing trials to offset their potion/gem costs, then that is going to impact on me (and a lot of other people). It is not just a trials issue.

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Wtf is this

This change ruins the whole update for me. It removes all incentive to do endgame content.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is gonna be an awesome update.
  • Medieval_Miss81
    Medieval_Miss81
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I guess I'm not going to be able to test it. :(
    I waited in the load screen to load my character in for 10 minutes and still not loaded.
    Co-GM of Cor Leonis
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orchish wrote: »
    You increase the cost of dawn breaker and rightly so as somebody who uses this it was pretty damn amazing for just 100 ult, yet you do not increase the cost of incapacitating strike which gives so much for a mere 50 ult? Sometimes i wonder if the people in charge of balance even play this game.

Incap can be dodged, unlike dawnbreaker. Incap doesn't have a DoT unlike dawnbreaker. Incap is not an AOE unlike dawnbreaker. Dawnbreaker is so much better that most nightblades dropped Incap to go with it... and with all those points your discussion ends.

Dawnbreaker needed a nerf.

NB's dropped Incap for DB because they were planning on trying to 1vX or because they are bad. Incap is amazing, yeah it can be dodged but setting it up with a CC like I dunno fear, means they cant dodge it. at 50 ult cost you can use it virtually every time CC immunity is down, 6 seconds of 30% reduction to healing and 20% more damage from everything you do is ridiculously strong and dwarfs DB.

90% of Cyrodiil can be dropped with a simple, fear>Incap>SA>SA, if you are missing with Incap its because you aren't setting it up right or using it properly.
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on September 2, 2016 9:49PM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Wtf is this

This change ruins the whole update for me. It removes all incentive to do endgame content.

Yup, the new sets coming from dongeon needs to be really OP, there's currently a way too big gap inbetween normal and veteran mode Inside trial and as far as I can see, and not enough incentives to do normal trial anymore except for those level 10 crafting tome farmer.

So overall, kind of believe your average inbetweener (inbetween veteran and normal trial) group will fall appart. They can't achieve vet and yet they receive Nothing worthy from normal... and it cost them gold to do it....

I won't compute the equation for you, but guess !

EDIT: YOU REALLY NEED TO INCREASE INCENTIVE FOR NORMAL RAID SINCE THOSE ARE PUG GROUP LEVEL AND BELOW ! I NOONE IN HELL WILL WANT TO DO THOSE ANYMORE ! REALLY WONDER IF TRIAL GROUP ARE GOING DOWN TO WHERE THEY WERE BEFORE THIEVES GUILD ... at least those without veteran capacity yet....

FROM THE WAY I SEE IT, YOU GUYS PLAYED WAY TOO MUCH BORDERLAND BOTH GAME MODELS FEEL ALIKE ATM !

Edited by potirondb16_ESO on September 2, 2016 9:56PM
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You increase the cost of dawn breaker and rightly so as somebody who uses this it was pretty damn amazing for just 100 ult, yet you do not increase the cost of incapacitating strike which gives so much for a mere 50 ult? Sometimes i wonder if the people in charge of balance even play this game.

Incap can be dodged, unlike dawnbreaker. Incap doesn't have a DoT unlike dawnbreaker. Incap is not an AOE unlike dawnbreaker. Dawnbreaker is so much better that most nightblades dropped Incap to go with it... and with all those points your discussion ends.

I never said that incap was better than dawnbreaker, i said that for what you get for 50 ult.. FIFTY ULTIMATE it is insanely good. Deny it all you want but incap also needs it's cost increased. As i said dawnbreaker needed a nerf and so does Incap. Try reading before replying next time.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I tried that. I just got Error 11s when updating the client after the patch was finished. Redownloaded the patch, Error 11. Did a repair, then bam... the 36GB file.
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Item Sets will now drop for every item slot."

I really dislike this one. Gets rid of a lot of interesting choices on gear. IMHO this was already a problem.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I really dislike this one. Gets rid of a lot of interesting choices on gear. IMHO this was already a problem.
    I'm quite the opposite. I think this opens up a whole new world of gear diversity, and gear diversity has been something that's been lacking for a while. Imperial City almost killed it completely (if you weren't using Agility, Endurance or Willpower you were incredibly constrained). Each DLC after it has improved it bit by bit but this gives HUGE diversity to the game, and that's been lacking.

This really opens up a huge new menu of build opportunities.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Thank you for the Patch Notes but I do have a quick question.
    ONE TAMRIEL

Itemization Changes
    In order to support One Tamriel which allows you to go anywhere, we needed to make several significant changes to itemization and item sets. In general, each zone and dungeon in the game will now drop 3 sets – one for light, medium, and heavy armor – and all set drops in the game will scale up to CP160.
      [*]Item Sets will now drop for every item slot.

Does this include the old Tel Var sets from Imperial City as well (Black Rose, Shield Breaker, etc)?
      Argonian forever
    • MissBizz
      MissBizz
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

They added a crazy amount of sets though... pretty sure it'll take awhile before people figure out the OP mixtures. lol
      Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    • Chori
      Chori
      ✭✭✭✭

NB's dropped Incap for DB because they were planning on trying to 1vX or because they are bad. Incap is amazing, yeah it can be dodged but setting it up with a CC like I dunno fear, means they cant dodge it. at 50 ult cost you can use it virtually every time CC immunity is down, 6 seconds of 30% reduction to healing and 20% more damage from everything you do is ridiculously strong and dwarfs DB.

90% of Cyrodiil can be dropped with a simple, fear>Incap>SA>SA, if you are missing with Incap its because you aren't setting it up right or using it properly.

Imma highlight what you think of when you can use incap, you must be living on a virtual reality, really
    • Essiaga
      Essiaga
      ✭✭✭✭
      @ZOS_GinaBruno

Wtf is this

eff that. It's total BS to vendor purple set jewelry when it in such high demand. Will purple jewelry drop in Zones now? Why?

What does this accomplish? Trial runs will DRY UP if there's no value to drops outside of group.

"Hey bill want to do a nSO run?"

"Why would i waste the time to when I don't need anything from there?"

"So you can trade with in the group."

"And get what? Do people walk around with lots of gold on them? No thanks. I'll be grinding Stone falls. I can sell crap from there."

ZOS just went through all the trouble opening up content ... so they can create an expiration on Trials, including DSA runs. Smart like Box.
      Edited by Essiaga on September 2, 2016 10:58PM
    • Chori
      Chori
      ✭✭✭✭

I never said that incap was better than dawnbreaker, i said that for what you get for 50 ult.. FIFTY ULTIMATE it is insanely good. Deny it all you want but incap also needs it's cost increased. As i said dawnbreaker needed a nerf and so does Incap. Try reading before replying next time.

So you want a non AOE class ultimate cost increased to do the same regardless of all the cons to using the skill right now as a nightblade because honestly, dawnbreaker will still be better. And btw you dont have to say you think one is better than the other, you brought yourself with the comparisson on the first place so unless you bring more sense to this nerf claim attempt of yours so instead of asking me to read, I will ask you to go make your own nerf incap thread and bring a better argument than the poor explanation back fire attempt you have made on the forums.

cheers
    • Enodoc
      Enodoc
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Looking forward to testing the new Guild dailies and Craglorn :)
      Well done ZOS on getting PTS up before the weekend; for a while it didn't look like you were going to make it!
      UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
      Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    • driosketch
      driosketch
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I'm going to need a spread sheet to figure out which sets to buy, farm, sell now, and which to wait on.
      Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
      ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●