The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.6.0

• Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JasonI @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_TristanK @ZOS_RichLambert

I didn't see anything about making quests repeatable. So while theoretically my CP160+ character could run with a friend new to the game, in reality we'd only be able to run around the wildernesses areas or do daily quests together.

While this is most urgent in quests that spawn separate instances (ie clearing Velyn Harbor in Malabal Tor), really to be able to follow along and run something together we should both know what the next step is and therefore need to be on the quest again.
    Edited by Tevalaur on September 4, 2016 12:00AM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    [*]The carpenters of Cyrodiil are on strike, and Towers no longer have doors.
    Translation: "Somehow, nobody in the studio was able to fix gap closers, so we fixed it this way"
    This isn't about gap closers, this is about Tower farming.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every dropped set for every slot. Nothing about crafted sets expanded to include jewelry. :neutral:
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Translation: "Somehow, nobody in the studio was able to fix gap closers, so we fixed it this way"

And I say "Thank goodness" and "about time."

It's conceptually incoherent that (to date) the easiest way to get enough AP to become Emperor is to master the art of camping a resource tower, which doesn't contribute to your alliance in any significant way. One would think our Emperor would be someone who pitched in the most to help our faction win the campaign by taking and defending primary alliance war objectives (keeps, outposts, scrolls) and not our top-ranked resource troll.
  • GDOFWR420
    GDOFWR420
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lookin good. Im so glad for the valkyn skoria monster set buff. Dk's rule
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    And I say "Thank goodness" and "about time."

It's conceptually incoherent that (to date) the easiest way to get enough AP to become Emperor is to master the art of camping a resource tower, which doesn't contribute to your alliance in any significant way. One would think our Emperor would be someone who pitched in the most to help our faction win the campaign by taking and defending primary alliance war objectives (keeps, outposts, scrolls) and not our top-ranked resource troll.
    Still, I would have preferred they had moved the flag to inside the Tower, so it was necessary to siege the Tower down, rather than removing the door so that sieging the Tower is now pointless. That would have made Resource capture more interesting,and given defenders more time to respond.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    Need to add wrap around text in the notifications window as well. For Mac I can never see a full notification. It gets cut by ellipses and hovering over it won't show the rest of it like it should
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Non-Dungeon Bosses

We dramatically increased the chance for Delve bosses to drop a waist or feet set piece from the zone they are located in.
    Each boss also has a small chance to drop a unique set piece.
    Overland group bosses have a 100% chance to drop head, chest, legs, or weapon set piece from the zone they are located in.
    Public dungeon bosses have a much higher chance to drop a shoulder, hand, or weapon set piece from the zone they are located in.

(1) What does the term "overland group bosses" mean? Does the word "overland" refer to the group, or to the bosses instead? Apparently, these bosses are not in dungeons, so where, exactly, are they?

(2) Please explain why "public dungeon bosses" are "non-dungeon bosses",i.e., what is the difference? [Maybe you need an editor to review your posts before you post them.]

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your use of the word "overland" throughout these notes needs some explanation. An overland route is over the land, other routes are over the sea. Routes through the air are either or both. And I suppose you could have an underground or under water route, too, or even one through outer space.

But you apparently have chosen "overland" to make a distinction that has nothing in particular to do with travel. So what is your point?

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Duels may be initiated in any non-PVP overland zone against a player of any alliance.

How many different types of "zones" are now in the TESO design? How is an "overland zone" distinguishable from any other type?

• Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shadowshire I'm fairly sure "overland bosses" mean the bosses (skull & crossbones icon on the map) that are encountered in the open wilderness zones as opposed to those inside a Trial, Public Dungeon, or Delve (underground).
    Edited by Tevalaur on September 4, 2016 4:55AM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*]Viper’s Sting: Fixed an issue where this item set’s Poison Damage proc was being mitigated based on the target’s Spell Resistance instead of their Physical Resistance.

The damage of the proc is also scaling of Spell Critical and Spell Penetration, is that fixed too?
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GDOFWR420 wrote: »
    Lookin good. Im so glad for the valkyn skoria monster set buff. Dk's rule

Procs even more on a templar. :)
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • WhiskeyJac
    WhiskeyJac
    ✭✭✭
    so last boss in vet mode trials drop gold jewelry only in hard mode unlike now where we get 1 gold piece in vet trial without hard mode and 2 pieces in vet hard mode , is this right ?
  • KICHZY
    KICHZY
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best patch notes in a long time, Thank you ZOS.
  • Mos-De-Atmo
    Mos-De-Atmo
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno

I see some sets are missing from the notes like the following.

Arms of Infernace, Arms of the Ancestors, Blessing of the Potentates, Deadly Strike, The Arch-Mage, The Destruction Suite, Eagle Eye and Treasures of the Earthforge.

Are these sets purchased from gear vendors in Cyrodiil? Thanks!

Mos-De-Atmo
    ESO Academy - Up To Date Info, Guides and Tips For The Elder Scrolls Online
    - ESO Skills
    - ESO Item Sets
    - ESO Builds
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shadowshire "Overland" is a general MMO term for any location that is not a dungeon and not an interior. Overland Group Bosses are the group bosses that are located in the open world; overland zones are all the main zones, since each dungeon and interior with a loading screen is also considered its own zone.
  • ntheogenic
    ntheogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a list, checked it tw.. ah forget it. I compiled a list of what is happening to the sets with Update 12. For details see the list at the bottom. It takes into account where the sets drop now and whether they have been renamed or not.

Notes:
    • 35 Crafted sets are not included, these would count as BoE as well.
    • Several sets have not been mentioned, I assume these stay BoE/Bop as they were.
    • I assume PvP and IC sets stay BoE.
    • I assume DSA sets become BoP.
    TLDR: Compared to Update 11: BoE sets = 110 (-9), BoP sets = 120 (+56).

Basically we get 15 new BoE sets, and we still end up with less BoE sets than before, while the number of BoP sets is increased by 56. We now have more BoP drop sets than we have BoE drop sets for the first time.

I did not understand what they are trying to achieve with this change. Because..
    • It kills about 30-50% of the gear trading in the economy
    • Running a trial or a dungeon now punishes the player, you pay for repairs and consumables but you get little in return
    • People might stop running a specific instance once their sets are complete because of that
    • PvP players are looking at 56 additional sets that they cannot buy
    • The community has repeatedly requested less or no BoP at all, I don't recall anyone asking for MORE BoP
    • People running trials now basically have to farm before doing so, or go broke in the long run. This also hurts the economy of farmers, alchemists etc. (so basically the entire economy dies down at some point as there is no "cash flow" anymore).
    When I was working on my newest contraption made of cheese and tooth picks in my basement while wearing the mandatory tinfoil hat it hit me:

We are getting the new gamble boxes with consumables in them, just in time for update 12.

Sadly this is the only logical explanation that I could come up with for this change.
    Can anyone please help me out finding a better one?

Anyway.. here's the list. If you find any mistakes or if I have misunderstood the patch notes entirely, please let me know, I'll happily edit the list if that means less BoP...
    New BoE sets (15):
    Sword-Singer, Order of Diagna, Vampire Lord, Spriggan’s Thorns, Mother’s Sorrow, Plague Doctor, Beekeeper’s Gear, Green Pact, Spinner’s Garments, Skooma Smuggler, Vampire Cloak, Armor of the Trainee, Shalk Exoskeleton, Ysgramor’s Birthright (Ysgramor’s Legacy??), Dreamer’s Mantle
    New BoP sets (16):
    Bone Pirate’s Tatters, Draugr Hulk, Jailbreaker, Knight-errant’s Mail, Lamia’s Song, Leviathan, Light Speaker, Medusa, Netch’s Touch, Rattlecage, Spelunker, Spider Cultist Cowl, Strength of the Automaton, Sword Dancer, Toothrow, Treasure Hunter
    Old BoE sets that stay BoE (44):
    Bloodthorn’s Touch (was Adroitness), Meridia’s Blessing Armor (was Akatosh's Blessed Armor), Armor of the Veiled Heritance (was Armor of Rage), Hatchling’s Shell (was Armor of the Construct), Draugr’s Heritage, Queen’s Elegance (was Elegance), Wilderqueen’s Arch (was Kyne's Flight), Wyrd Tree’s Blessing (was Lord's Mail), Night Terror (was Nightshade), Night Mother’s Embrace, Prisoner’s Rags, Ranger’s Gait, Robes of the Hist (was Robes of the Onslaught), Robes of the Withered Hand (was Robes of the Necromancer), Witchman Armor (was Shrouded Armor), Senche’s Bite (was Skirmisher), Soulshine, Stendarr’s Embrace, Storm Knight’s Plate, Seventh Legion Brute (was The Brute), Thunderbug’s Carapace (was Thunderous Plate Mail), Twin Sisters, Way of Fire, Stygian, Way of Martial Knowledge, Way of Air, Fiord’s Legacy, Akaviri Dragonguard, Hide of the Werewolf, Sithis’ Touch, Flanking Strategist, Hide of Morihaus, Shadow Dancer’s Raiment, Syrabane’s Grip, Bahraha’s Curse, Syvarra’s Scales, Necropotence, Darkstride, Silks of the Sun, Coat of the Red Mountain, Salvation, Willpower, Agility, Endurance
    Old BoE sets that will be locked to BoP (28):
    Armor of True (aka Truth), Barkskin, Hircine’s Veneer, Magicka Furnace, Oblivion’s Edge, Prayer Shawl, Vestments of the Warlock, Sergeant’s Mail, Duneripper’s Scales (was Unassailable), Undaunted Bastion, Viper’s Sting, Worm’s Raiment, Undaunted Infiltrator, Sanctuary, Undaunted Unweaver, Noble Duelist’s Silks, Nikulas’ Heavy Armor, Shroud of the Lich, Ebon Armory, Ice Furnace, Dreugh King Slayer, Durok’s Bane, Knightmare, Crusader, Healer’s Habit, Robes of Destruction Mastery, Archer’s Mind, Footman’s Fortune
    Old BoP sets that stay BoP (41):
    Burning Spellweave, Combat Physician, Heem-Jas’ Retribution, Jolting Arms, Overwhelming Surge, Storm Master (was Shock Master), Vicious Serpent, Tormentor, Sunderflame, Embershield, Gossamer, Widowmaker, Hand of Mephala, Scathing Mage, Sheer Venom, Leeching Plate, Amberplasm, Aspect of Mazzatun, Spell Power Cure, Essence Thief, Brands of Imperium, Healing Mage, Quick Serpent, Defending Warrior, Destruction Mage, Poisonous Serpent, Berserking Warrior, Twilight Remedy, Moondancer, Roar of Alkosh, Lunar Bastion, Wise Mage, Twice-Fanged Serpent, Immortal Warrior, Infallible Mage, Eternal Warrior, Elemental Succession, Winterborn, Hunter Leader, Permafrost, Glorious Defender
    Old BoP sets that are unlocked to BoE (4):
    Swamp Raider (was Toxic Defiance), Trinimac’s Valor, Briarheart, Mark of the Pariah
    PvP/IC BoE sets that probably stay BoE (40):
    Affliction, Alessian Order, Almalexia’s Mercy, Arch-Mage, Bastion of the Heartland, Beckoning Steel, Buffer of the Swift, Crest of Cyrodiil, Curse Eater, Desert Rose, Elf Bane, Fasalla’s Guile, Hawk’s Eye, Juggernaut, Kyne Kiss, Leki’s Focus, Light of Cyrodiil, Marksmen’s Crest, Morag Tong, Nightshade, Ravager, Robes of Alteration Mastery, Robes of Transmutation, Sentry, Shadow Walker, Shield of the Valiant, Vicious Death, Ward of Cyrodiil, Warrior’s Fury, Black Rose, Galerion’s Revenge, Imperial Physique, Meritorious Service, Phoenix, Powerful Assault, Reactive Armor, Shield Breaker, Thews of the Harbinger, Vicecanon of Venom, Apprentice Garb
    New BoP Monster sets (16):
    Chokethorn, Grothdarr, Iceheart, Ilambris, Infernal Guardian, Kra’gh, Pirate Skeleton, Selene, Sellistrix, Sentinel of Rkugamz, Shadowrend, Slimecraw, Stormfist, Swarm Mother, Tremorscale, The Troll King
    Old BoP Monster sets (12):
    Maw of the Infernal, Mighty Chudan, Nightflame, Valkyn Skoria, Velidreth, Blood Spawn, Engine Gardian, Lard Warden, Nerien'eth, Malubeth, Spawn of Mephala, Molag Kena
    Not mentioned BoE sets (7)
    Blessing of the Potentates, Deadly Strikes, Grace of the Ancients, Eagle Eye, Vengeance Leech, Wrath of the Imperium, Saviour's Hide
    Not mentioned BoP sets (7)
    Para Bellum, Arms of Infernance, Arms of Ancestors, Destruction Suit, Relics of the Physician Ansur, Relics of the Rebellion, Treasures of the Earthforge
    Edited by ntheogenic on September 4, 2016 12:26PM
    GDBY
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can you type out what the weapon ultimates are/do? A lot of us don't have pts and want to know.

This might help:

http://esoacademy.com/news/one-tamriel-dueling-item-changes-weapon-ultimates/#weapon-ultimates
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ntheogenic wrote: »
    People running trials now basically have to farm before doing so, or go broke in the long run. This also hurts the economy of farmers, alchemists etc. (so basically the entire economy dies down at some point as there is no "cash flow" anymore).

Traders will be hurt, yes. I wonder what will be left to trade with in update 12. BoE gear easy to farm, BoP gear.. well, BoP. IC trophies will be nullified in value. VR1-14 mats won't be demanded. VR15-16 mats will be everywhere. We're left with motifs, gold tempers and alchemy.
    Alchemy will be fine as ever and even boom (given the quantity of dungeons we'll have to run. And people with 30K+ DPS all rely on pots and want to pull those 30K even where it's not required, so they'll sip pots anyway).

Trials guild, yes, have a problem. Maybe they could sell runs ? Or, more elegantly, recruit people dedicated to provide them with ingredients and potions - in return they'd be considered part of the heroes" guild and be accepted ("carried") into vet trials even if they don't actually comply with the guild's requirements ?
    Just some suggestions, not sure what they're worth.

Economy won't die. Economy never dies, it just changes. People adapt - or don't.
  • ntheogenic
    ntheogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ntheogenic wrote: »
    People running trials now basically have to farm before doing so, or go broke in the long run. This also hurts the economy of farmers, alchemists etc. (so basically the entire economy dies down at some point as there is no "cash flow" anymore).

Traders will be hurt, yes. I wonder what will be left to trade with in update 12. BoE gear easy to farm, BoP gear.. well, BoP. IC trophies will be nullified in value. VR1-14 mats won't be demanded. VR15-16 mats will be everywhere. We're left with motifs, gold tempers and alchemy.
    Alchemy will be fine as ever and even boom (given the quantity of dungeons we'll have to run. And people with 30K+ DPS all rely on pots and want to pull those 30K even where it's not required, so they'll sip pots anyway).

Trials guild, yes, have a problem. Maybe they could sell runs ? Or, more elegantly, recruit people dedicated to provide them with ingredients and potions - in return they'd be considered part of the heroes" guild and be accepted ("carried") into vet trials even if they don't actually comply with the guild's requirements ?
    Just some suggestions, not sure what they're worth.

Economy won't die. Economy never dies, it just changes. People adapt - or don't.

OK, I agree.. maybe I was being a little dramatic :) But if I think about how I will adapt, then i'll probably not sell golden tempers and alchemy ever again, because I can't buy much for the gold. Motifs are usually farmed easily with very few exceptions. Maybe some PvP gear and IC items ? Why should PvP be the only way to make gold now? So I don't know how those 30K+ DPS people will pay for their potions in the long run.

And selling slots in trial and dungeon runs ? I'm really not looking forward to Craglorn and Undauted zone chats.. ;)
    GDBY
  • bt86bt
    bt86bt
    ✭✭
    KICHZY wrote: »
    Best patch notes in a long time, Thank you ZOS.

Yes thanks! :smiley:
  • Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    @Nifty2g If I'm interpreting the notes correctly, they've removed the BoE sets from trials, leaving only the BoP stuff. If you want Ebon for your tank, you get it from CoH, and if you want Worm for your healer, you get it from VoM; they no longer drop from MoL. So the only sets left in the trials are the stuff that's always been BoP.

I do agree, though, that this seriously hampers the money-making capacity of endgame PvE players--selling a gold Warlock ring is how we pay the flower pickers who supply our potion addiction.

And we flower pickers are in turn buying your gold jewellery as we're too busy procuring plant life by ourselves to nurture friends to run trials with. :smile:
    Which of course leads to the probability that we pickers will not have yourselves to purchase trial pieces from, which makes us sad, and demotivates us to bother farming when there is nothing to spend our gold upon. :disappointed:

Seriously though, @ZOS_GinaBruno, if one ignores the elitism of being the only person standing around Deshaan with a particular set piece for a week, BOE is the cornerstone of the motivation of many in this game to *insert their particular gold making activity*. I'm not convinced you can overstate the positive impact upon the game that BOE has, and hence, should be expanded.
    II Swindy II

Australian on Xbox NA (ex EU)
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*]Grahtwood: Shadow Dancer’s Raiment, Wilderqueen’s Arch, Beekeeper’s Gear
    [*]Greenshade: Syrabane’s Grip, Ranger’s Gait, Green Pact

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Not sure which is wrong - the notes or the PTS - but these two "lines" are vice-versa on PTS.

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dog tongues will now be a more natural color of pink. :smiley:
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Swindy wrote: »
    code65536 wrote: »
    @Nifty2g If I'm interpreting the notes correctly, they've removed the BoE sets from trials, leaving only the BoP stuff. If you want Ebon for your tank, you get it from CoH, and if you want Worm for your healer, you get it from VoM; they no longer drop from MoL. So the only sets left in the trials are the stuff that's always been BoP.

I do agree, though, that this seriously hampers the money-making capacity of endgame PvE players--selling a gold Warlock ring is how we pay the flower pickers who supply our potion addiction.

And we flower pickers are in turn buying your gold jewellery as we're too busy procuring plant life by ourselves to nurture friends to run trials with. :smile:
    Which of course leads to the probability that we pickers will not have yourselves to purchase trial pieces from, which makes us sad, and demotivates us to bother farming when there is nothing to spend our gold upon. :disappointed:

Seriously though, @ZOS_GinaBruno, if one ignores the elitism of being the only person standing around Deshaan with a particular set piece for a week, BOE is the cornerstone of the motivation of many in this game to *insert their particular gold making activity*. I'm not convinced you can overstate the positive impact upon the game that BOE has, and hence, should be expanded.

Yeh, I may begin to torture myself by farming my own flowers if I am unable to make enough gold from doing trials to pay for them.
    Edited by timidobserver on September 4, 2016 6:09PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never Mind - addons involved, not vanilla GUI.
    Edited by SpAEkus on September 4, 2016 10:30PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SpAEkus Enemy levels aren't displayed any more. You must have some add-on that you're using which is causing them to appear. (All enemies are now CP160, so they completely removed NPC level from the UI.)
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Enodoc ,

Thanks I was just about to update my post. I went back in and turned them all off so yes it is an addon.

New players just going to rush in to any pre-50 zone/any content expecting that they can kill anything in front of them because they have been battle-leveled?

And it looks like the Overland Thread has the Scaling notes so I'll push over there.

Edited by SpAEkus on September 4, 2016 10:37PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treasure chests found in the world have a chance to grant any set piece that can drop in that zone.

@ZOS_GinaBruno What is implied by this? If you open a treasure chest in a zone, will you have a chance of getting a set piece from a dungeon in that zone or does that only include the overland sets?

PC EU
    PvP only