Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ofSunhold wrote: »
    @Adenoma wrote: »
    I think it was the third time that DC brought 20+ and emp to our 5-6 man that we said screw it.

I'd make a joke here that your 6-man must be just that threatening, but nah. I've seen worse numbers mismatches than that in BwB - for lumber mills. Sometimes that's just the milieu.

Nine days to 4v4v4.

Yeah, it was just a particularly zergy night. All good.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a ton of fun in a different campaign tonight. Pop locked and tons of action. It may be time to try new things.
    Edited by Stridig on May 13, 2017 4:47AM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    I had a ton of fun in a different campaign tonight. Pop locked and tons of action. It may be time to try new things.

We also migrated to a poplock server tonight. Good times were had.
  • Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I think it was the third time that DC brought 20+ and emp to our 5-6 man that we said screw it.

I don't really know what to say otehr then possibly work together with the rest of your faction? It works pretty well.

If you personally don't want to do it, then don't get upset when the other faction does it to you.

A number of players on DC have started popping up that are starting to lead groups and they communicate with one another. Teamwork between groups is becoming a trend I guess?

This week campaign score speaks for itself. This is not just the result to "night capping" It was 7pm pst when this went down that Adenoma is talking about. Where DC had eyes on key keeps and snuffed out resistance as soon as it was spotted.

At present time, it is 1am PST, 3am EST. with with all 3 factions at 1 bar. This is what the map looks like:

AOmqT64.png

Why is it that that the EP and AD at 1am (3am) are doing better than EP and AD did all day when supposedly everyone plays?

Did we play our defense, "too good" today? Because the dresses weren't here? (Missed you guys, btw. We've had some great fights lately.)

Whatever the reason, at present time, EP and AD are simply kicking our ass tonight; and it's been a lot of fun.
    Edited by Azurulia on May 13, 2017 9:41AM
    Criminal Scum:
    50 Breton Templar Healer: Olivine Azshara | 42 Orc Dragonknight Tank: Olivine Claremont | 50 Kahjiit Safe Cracker: Cracks-The-Safes | 50 Kahjiit Serial Killer: Cereal-The-Killer <Current Bounty: 1,231,318 gold>

"Whoever said crime doesn't pay clearly hasn't met Azu." -@Sloris
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭

But at the same time, why would you blame a faction to defend his scrolls? And why would you assume that we know already what kind of numbers each side have there? Personally I logged on, saw Warden flagged, went there to see whats up and saw you leaving as soon as I arrived there. Why should I have ignored you? So you can farm double/triple numbers once you guys are in place, making our other keeps vulnerable? Doesn't sound good for DC if you ask me
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Raknosh , you weren't a problem.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Azurulia wrote: »

I don't really know what to say otehr then possibly work together with the rest of your faction? It works pretty well.

If you personally don't want to do it, then don't get upset when the other faction does it to you.

A number of players on DC have started popping up that are starting to lead groups and they communicate with one another. Teamwork between groups is becoming a trend I guess?

This week campaign score speaks for itself. This is not just the result to "night capping" It was 7pm pst when this went down that Adenoma is talking about. Where DC had eyes on key keeps and snuffed out resistance as soon as it was spotted.

At present time, it is 1am PST, 3am EST. with with all 3 factions at 1 bar. This is what the map looks like:

AOmqT64.png

Why is it that that the EP and AD at 1am (3am) are doing better than EP and AD did all day when supposedly everyone plays?

Did we play our defense, "too good" today? Because the dresses weren't here? (Missed you guys, btw. We've had some great fights lately.)

Whatever the reason, at present time, EP and AD are simply kicking our ass tonight; and it's been a lot of fun.

The leaders of AD often dont lead on purpose. You dont want us to be organized. Trust me on that.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time we got organized things were boring because we owned all the map.
  • Silky
    Silky
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, with ADs pop its better that they stay disorganized. I remember the days of pop locked AD with 3-4 raids running. It was boring as hell.
    Edited by Silky on May 13, 2017 6:54PM
    The Most Diabolical Hater In Tamriel
    GM of SADBOYS
    Living Dumpster Fire

"If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce."

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We only got pop locked because it seemed like everyone and their mother rolled AD after they were tired of getting rolled when we had 2-3 bars.
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Raknosh , you weren't a problem.

Avoiding my questions :tongue:
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

lol, just lol. AD organized is a poplock. You rage quit yesterday when the bars were 2/2/2. How do you think EP feels when you guys push for Emp and take chal and brk when they have nobody to defend. For a minute did you guys stop and say "Hey, everyone back off only 2 people try and take BRK and do not attack Chal until EP is free to defend."

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

AOmqT64.png

The leaders of AD often dont lead on purpose. You dont want us to be organized. Trust me on that.

Sure we do. I don't mind losing against some organized opposition. This makes for some great fights.

Sounds like a fun challenge to me.
    Silky wrote: »
    Yeah, with ADs pop its better that they stay disorganized. I remember the days of pop locked AD with 3-4 raids running. It was boring as hell.

It's only boring f you don't know what to do about it if you ask me.

Gorilla tactics vs a larger force can be a ton of fun.
    Edited by Azurulia on May 13, 2017 11:52PM
    Criminal Scum:
    50 Breton Templar Healer: Olivine Azshara | 42 Orc Dragonknight Tank: Olivine Claremont | 50 Kahjiit Safe Cracker: Cracks-The-Safes | 50 Kahjiit Serial Killer: Cereal-The-Killer <Current Bounty: 1,231,318 gold>

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I might be wrong but I don't think you were around when AD was poplocked everyday. Everybody quit, pugz almost folded. You couldn't find anyone to group with and even if you did try and take a resource you would instantly die to 20 AD. LoL at trying to flag a keep, they had guards on every keep. I went broke because of them.

I finally gave up and lived in IC for 3 months, and there was a point I almost quit the game because I didn't enjoy PvE.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭
    I can imagine what it would be like. However I'm more so surprise at how anything beyond "everyone attack X" is considered advanced strategy.

Like when Gottbeard was camping DC's tri-keeps last week and dc was "stuck" there. I logged in, formed a group, and went behind everything and FD'd brindle just before people started showing up. From there, kept poking at keeps down south until DC up north gained a bit of a foothold.

This isn't some amazing in depth strategy, it;s mostly tactical play. It's something anyone can do. It just takes a bit of reading the map and using your head.

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." -Sun Tzu.
    Criminal Scum:

• Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can imagine what it would be like. However I'm more so surprise at how anything beyond "everyone attack X" is considered advanced strategy.

Like when Gottbeard was camping DC's tri-keeps last week and dc was "stuck" there. I logged in, formed a group, and went behind everything and FD'd brindle just before people started showing up. From there, kept poking at keeps down south until DC up north gained a bit of a foothold.

This isn't some amazing in depth strategy, it;s mostly tactical play. It's something anyone can do. It just takes a bit of reading the map and using your head.

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." -Sun Tzu.

I think you arent understanding. There was nothing either faction could do at the point we are speaking of. If you think that Pugz of Daggerfall and other fantastic groups didnt use tactical play, well thats just not the case. AD would overwhelm the map, the entire map and quickly. We never want to see AD in that sort of shape on bwb again, last summer was absolute hell for everyone who loved this campaign, BYTE quit running and left to do pve things for a long time so that we wouldnt contribute to the problem. As did other AD guilds. Em is right about how it killed the campaign, something we dont wish to see happen again. For any side.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »

I think you arent understanding. There was nothing either faction could do at the point we are speaking of. If you think that Pugz of Daggerfall and other fantastic groups didnt use tactical play, well thats just not the case. AD would overwhelm the map, the entire map and quickly. We never want to see AD in that sort of shape on bwb again, last summer was absolute hell for everyone who loved this campaign, BYTE quit running and left to do pve things for a long time so that we wouldnt contribute to the problem. As did other AD guilds. Em is right about how it killed the campaign, something we dont wish to see happen again. For any side.

Ah. I get what you guys mean now. Thanks for the clarification.
    Edited by Azurulia on May 14, 2017 1:24AM
    Criminal Scum:

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PUGz never almost folded by the way. People did PvE and played different campaigns for a while.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a real taboo about over-organization in AD these days, lol.

But seriously, the yellow summer was pretty bad. So no, we aren't going to wrangle zone pugs into a comparable group. And we aren't going to encourage others to do it while we work back line stuff to let them wave over frontkeeps.

The issue isn't that we aren't doing "tactical" stuff (and honestly, if anybody--myself included thinks they have come up with a "new" strategy in an MMO that hasn't had the open world PvP structure reworked in 3 years, that's a special kind of stupid), it's that a proper faction zerg kills literally every playstyle. Either you get zero response because the faction zerg is busy elsewhere, or you get hit by 30/40/50.

Again, 1/2 my guild and most of the bytes literally quit playing because AD was doing it last summer.

But this is another example of the conversation that cycles around, what, every 50 pages or so? It doesn't matter.
    vamp_emily wrote: »

I might be wrong but I don't think you were around when AD was poplocked everyday. Everybody quit, pugz almost folded. You couldn't find anyone to group with and even if you did try and take a resource you would instantly die to 20 AD. LoL at trying to flag a keep, they had guards on every keep. I went broke because of them.

I finally gave up and lived in IC for 3 months, and there was a point I almost quit the game because I didn't enjoy PvE.

Pretty much spot on.

To clarify, I'm not complaining, just clarifying that I (and, I think, @Adenoma ) don't think anything was out of the ordinary that night. Just a little more zergy than usual, and that kinda nips fun in the bud.

EDIT: removed hyperbole and overused adjectives.
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on May 14, 2017 1:51AM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyRecluse said it well. Basically, what has been happening from the DC side is that fun is nipped in the bud. And if that's the way that you guys want to play, then we can nip fun in the bud too. We're relatively experienced at doing/planning that. But honestly, I don't like doing that and don't want to escalate things along those lines because that's not what this campaign is about.
    Edited by Adenoma on May 14, 2017 1:56AM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyRecluse said it well. Basically, what has been happening from the DC side is that fun is nipped in the bud. And if that's the way that you guys want to play, then we can nip fun in the bud too. We're relatively experienced at doing/planning that. But honestly, I don't like doing that and don't want to escalate things along those lines because that's not what this campaign is about.

Eh, I wouldn't go throwing vague threats like that around, tbh. I'm not going to go out of my way to counterzerg, I doubt anybody like @Valen_Byte is either. Like @Stridig said, there are other campaigns. Allegedly.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH, we'd just move campaigns. Like last night. I'm too lazy to change the way I play in BwB.
  • Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like the only way for people to "have fun" is for everybody to "not try" to actually win. If that's the case, that might explain why everyone plays at the strategic level of a potato here.

I got the strangest mail today. It made me stop and think for a moment. Someone sent me a mail titled "Leadership" asking me how do I get everyone to listen to me like I do. That it's like trying to herd free range chickens when they lead. I've also gotten a number of whispers from people I do not know asking if I plan to pvp soon or lead a group, as well as over 15 friend requests this past week.

I honestly don't know how to express, explain, or talk about this sort of thing without sounding as if I am coming off as big headed, arrogant, or bragging. When in reality, I just want to have fun. Kicking ass, getting my ass kicked, it's all the same to me if it's a good time. I like to play to win, but not at the cost of things no longer being fun.

Am I the one who's just trying too hard here? That what I'm doing is ruining everyone ele's fun leading like I do even during the day?

I'm honestly frustrated and feeling conflicted. It's hard for me to "get over myself" when people have begun to directly say that I am "the problem" with the campaign right now.

Criminal Scum:

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like the only way for people to "have fun" is for everybody to "not try" to actually win. If that's the case, that might explain why everyone plays at the strategic level of a potato here.

Lol, you aren't wrong.

I'm honestly frustrated and feeling conflicted. It's hard for me to "get over myself" when people have begun to directly say that I am "the problem" with the campaign right now.
    You aren't. Brush of haters, play the way you like.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ipotato S6
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Swaye
    Swaye
    ✭✭✭
    [snip]

AD/EP I will go out of my way, spend all my gold, spend all my ap, to help my friends emp, you''re gonna hate the next campaign:)

If I have any influence over DC and I suspect it's not a lot, I will go out of my way to make sure AD/EP are camped night and day. So we're sure about what's happening here, DC is done with NICE and FAIR

:) Im ok with that now.

Emily what says you ? ?

[Edit for Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 14, 2017 4:19PM
    Swaye.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nvmd lol no one cares
    Edited by Valen_Byte on May 14, 2017 3:57PM
    GM of BYTE
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come to Trueflame. Much more fun
    Ours is the Fury
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. I guess I have managed to anger somebody while in PvE for the last couple weeks. I guess if you need to vent, this is the place to do it.

Edit: You're welcome for all those rezzes during your last Emp push. Scrub
    Edited by Stridig on May 14, 2017 4:17PM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmfao Classic.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
This discussion has been closed.