Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Zakazh
    Zakazh
    ✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    My conspiracy theory is that the better the computer you have the worse the load screens you get. I almost never get them on my Mac.

I'd almost agree with that, since I have about the best PC you can buy (top-line CPU/GPU/RAM/cooling/etc.) and get more than a few per night. But others in the guild have crapola PCs and get just as many as I do.

At least with my uber system, I can Alt-F4 if a load screen takes more than two seconds and be back in game muy pronto.

Aleswell tonight was a blast! Those things always devolve into who has the most numbers, though, and AD certainly had that.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zakazh wrote: »
    My conspiracy theory is that the better the computer you have the worse the load screens you get. I almost never get them on my Mac.

I'd almost agree with that, since I have about the best PC you can buy (top-line CPU/GPU/RAM/cooling/etc.) and get more than a few per night. But others in the guild have crapola PCs and get just as many as I do.

At least with my uber system, I can Alt-F4 if a load screen takes more than two seconds and be back in game muy pronto.

Aleswell tonight was a blast! Those things always devolve into who has the most numbers, though, and AD certainly had that.

It was an impressive hold, while it lasted, that's for sure.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭
    Aleswell:

swiss_cheese.jpg?quality=98&strip=all

Yep. I'd have to say thats a pretty accurate depiction of aleswell after that seige last night lol. Was a damn fun fight!

You guys blew so many holes into the damn place! Good thing we have excellent insurance! :D

AD's siege bill however....

pile-gold-bars-14895470.jpg

Making swiss cheese is not cheap! ;)

Great fight everyone. B)
    Edited by Azurulia on May 11, 2017 5:18AM
    Criminal Scum:
    50 Breton Templar Healer: Olivine Azshara | 42 Orc Dragonknight Tank: Olivine Claremont | 50 Kahjiit Safe Cracker: Cracks-The-Safes | 50 Kahjiit Serial Killer: Cereal-The-Killer <Current Bounty: 1,231,318 gold>

"Whoever said crime doesn't pay clearly hasn't met Azu." -@Sloris
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    DCeiver0 wrote: »
    Hypothetical question: If your next character can't be on the same faction as your last one, which faction do you choose and why?!

Haha some great responses!

For me, it would be AD. They have the pretty keeps. Fare with its floaty crystals, Black Boots got lovely vines growing all over it, and even Bloodmayne, despite being in a swamp, is in the nicest swamp, on a cliff overlooking a river.

Also. I would look smokin' hot in a wedding dress.
    Edited by DCeiver0 on May 11, 2017 11:51AM
    Ärchøn of the Covenant - DC Magblade
    Ärchøn of the Dominion - AD Magblade
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol... for a while last night i was on my orc stam sorc I ended up burning 4 EP FC's and Saber took care of 2 others at the last "emp" keep .... was hilarious ... oh look... another fc.... its funny when people are trying to hit you with trebs as your on the ramparts as an orc stam sorc wearing fiords
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mjollo wrote: »
    There's a psychological disorder i came up with for fun that i call emp madness. Its something that happens to most people after they gain emp for the first time. You see, sometimes, after losing emp for the first time, some tend to feel either unsatisfied with their reign or what it feels like to be a demi-god and so they start an addiction which makes them crave that power again. Most people dont stop until after their 5th crowning losing sleep, not eating right or just plain ruin their own health.

I wont name him, but I knew a guy, who played so much to get emp and keep it, that he got super sick and couldn't come back for at least a whole day...

I remember the first time I pushed for emp, I had to win the AP war during the week even tho I was working 40h/week. The #1 was pushing hardcore as well so I had to play like 5-6 freaking hour/evening. All those effort and not knowing if we would ever manage to get it since Bwb was much more balanced back then. In the end, it was a long and stressful week, I remember telling myself NEVER AGAIN! It's a blast being emp, but I agree with Mjoll, it is unhealthy.
    DCeiver0 wrote: »
    Hypothetical question: If your next character can't be on the same faction as your last one, which faction do you choose and why?!

I'd go with EP ofc. They have been the underdog for a while. In 2 years of BwB, I think EP was dominant for only 6 month.
    Beside, I've always seen AD as the bad guys, maybe cause they are the most competitive
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB level 40, 46 impen necropotence armor. 10k a piece.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I'm making some gold tonight!
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay!
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Raknosh hehe there is a secret to getting emp that most people don't know. The secret is the less you go for it, the better chance you have at getting it.
    Defialed - Former Emperor of Thornblade|Mjoll The Legend - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade| Definitely Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Probably Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Mistakenly Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Blackwater Cultist - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade | A Woman With No Name |
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns. And those who dig. You dig."
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Raknosh hehe there is a secret to getting emp that most people don't know. The secret is the less you go for it, the better chance you have at getting it.

loll, it actually almost happened to me a month ago or so. I was just having a blast on my magsorc, getting hundred of KBs during 1 session sometime and averaging 30k AP/H not even trying to farm AP. If @gabriebe hadn't been going for emp that week, I might have got it "by accident".
  • Zakazh
    Zakazh
    ✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »

loll, it actually almost happened to me a month ago or so. I was just having a blast on my magsorc, getting hundred of KBs during 1 session sometime and averaging 30k AP/H not even trying to farm AP. If @gabriebe hadn't been going for emp that week, I might have got it "by accident".

I get the distinct impression, although I've only been really doing Cyrodiil/BWB for a couple of months, that the population is extremely low. I think the 20-60 DC we see on each night is about half the same old folks (like PUGz) and half newbies. If somebody like me who just plays a couple of hours per night is #13 on the DC ranks, there aren't that many people playing this game.

I realize I get a large number of AP/hour since I group up with PUGz, who are always highly aggressive, and mostly stick to healing (high AP) and sieging (high AP), but that's pretty bad when the total number of U.S. players playing your PvP game are counted in the hundreds.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol actually i had left the campaign that week because i wanted some sleep , paid the 100k ap, then entered the campaign again a bit later and it kept me on the leaderboard anyway. Had no more AP to leave again. Sorry I tried.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• SethESO
    SethESO
    Soul Shriven
    BwB is starting to bore me, I don't see myself coming back as often as I used to. It's costly to continue to craft gear, and being in vet encourages more diverse builds. I'll stick to azuras, but I damn well won't touch zergflame.
    Śeth, 3 time Emperor of BwB
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just need to wait for folks to spread out again. People will get a little tired of the AD/DC back and forth and EP will rise again.
  • Silky
    Silky
    ✭✭✭
    EP seems to fluctuate pop pretty wildly lately. I stopped playing BwB because there were too many ep zergs like a month ago, and like 2-3 months before that we were running groups trying to get the pop/pug skill level back to a competitive level. I haven't played other alliances in BwB in a while tho but it doesn't seem like they have the same kind of population flux that EP has.
    The Most Diabolical Hater In Tamriel
    GM of SADBOYS
    Living Dumpster Fire

"If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce."

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely agree. It seems like there isn't any guild group that's running most of the time. Probably a good opportunity for anyone looking to recruit or start one.
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SethESO wrote: »
    BwB is starting to bore me, I don't see myself coming back as often as I used to. It's costly to continue to craft gear, and being in vet encourages more diverse builds. I'll stick to azuras, but I damn well won't touch zergflame.

I used to think it was too costly, but I started saving all my gear from my last several characters, and now I have a whole bunch of Hunding's, Spriggan's, Kagrenac's, Seducer, etc. gear at pretty much whatever level I need. Outside of maybe crafting different weapons, I don't find myself needing to craft gear very often for BWB anymore.

I've also been pretty bored with BWB lately, and really even ESO in general, TBH. Outside of spending a couple hours a week farming gear for Morrowind, I don't really plan on playing until Morrowind is released. I've also been getting into PUBG lately, which is incredibly fun if you're into the whole battle royale shooter survival thing, so that's been distracting me from ESO as well.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP had that Priase the Sun (sic) guild for a while, but havent seen their pack recently. A shame because I made my mag nb bomb build specifically to kill em when they`d rush the back flags lol
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    EP had that Priase the Sun (sic) guild for a while, but havent seen their pack recently. A shame because I made my mag nb bomb build specifically to kill em when they`d rush the back flags lol

Don't let your mag nb bomb build go to waste, use it on LodG. You stealth on the rocks in front of bleakers and I stand below you in front of the rocks. Then in guild chat I will say something like: "Vurian.. I am taking bleakers". We wait and then his noob crew will show up to kill me and then you jump on them and blow everyone up. After that, I get back into guild chat and say "Seriously Vurian, did you really think you would kill me?" :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More cost reduction for DK's on the way.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @vamp_emily , you still owe me 10k gold. Bleakers was taken within an hour (but by EP).
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @vamp_emily , you still owe me 10k gold. Bleakers was taken within an hour (but by EP).

No, apparently you missed what I said ( like always ). Vurian was 6 minutes late, so no gold for you. I repeat "no gold for you".

Off topic, I waited for you most the night last night at DC, but you never showed up for your scroll. I thought you said "AD loves scrolls"?

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    lol actually i had left the campaign that week because i wanted some sleep , paid the 100k ap, then entered the campaign again a bit later and it kept me on the leaderboard anyway. Had no more AP to leave again. Sorry I tried.
    Heh don't worry, like I said, I wasn't planning to emp, it just happened that I was having too much for on my magsorc.
    SethESO wrote: »

I used to think it was too costly, but I started saving all my gear from my last several characters, and now I have a whole bunch of Hunding's, Spriggan's, Kagrenac's, Seducer, etc. gear at pretty much whatever level I need. Outside of maybe crafting different weapons, I don't find myself needing to craft gear very often for BWB anymore.
    Yep, same here!
    Edited by Raknosh on May 12, 2017 8:26PM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @vamp_emily , I studied for my final that was today. Now I'm done with ob/gyn.

Edit: plus, for our birthday week we got drunk and did PvE.
    Edited by Adenoma on May 12, 2017 10:18PM
  • Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭
    Just need to wait for folks to spread out again. People will get a little tired of the AD/DC back and forth and EP will rise again.

Not too long ago it was a pretty solid EP vs DC setup with AD just sort of being there. AD has risen up again very recently.

Like Adenoma says. The the tides are constantly changing in bwb as far as what factions are larger or more aggressive, etc.
    Criminal Scum:
    50 Breton Templar Healer: Olivine Azshara | 42 Orc Dragonknight Tank: Olivine Claremont | 50 Kahjiit Safe Cracker: Cracks-The-Safes | 50 Kahjiit Serial Killer: Cereal-The-Killer <Current Bounty: 1,231,318 gold>

• Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azurulia wrote: »

Not too long ago it was a pretty solid EP vs DC setup with AD just sort of being there. AD has risen up again very recently.

Like Adenoma says. The the tides are constantly changing in bwb as far as what factions are larger or more aggressive, etc.

Nah, EP got competitive for only 1 month since Christmas, other than that, it's always the same AD vs DC war and it's getting sad. :/
  • Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭
    Was it really only one month? It sure felt longer than that.

Then again that was right around when I started playing again, so my sense of time may be a bit skewed.
    Edited by Azurulia on May 13, 2017 12:19AM
    Criminal Scum:

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it was the third time that DC brought 20+ and emp to our 5-6 man that we said screw it.
    Edited by Adenoma on May 13, 2017 2:33AM
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Adenoma wrote: »
    I think it was the third time that DC brought 20+ and emp to our 5-6 man that we said screw it.

I'd make a joke here that your 6-man must be just that threatening, but nah. I've seen worse numbers mismatches than that in BwB - for lumber mills. Sometimes that's just the milieu.

Nine days to 4v4v4.
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
This discussion has been closed.