Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭
    That dragonclaw fight was great. FCs dropping like candy, multiple pushes out of both breaches, repping walls, getting it torn back down, etc. We had literally just wiped an EP group when you all showed up--I think it was flagged and breached for a solid hour. Good stuff all around, glad you had fun!

And yeah, we had 13 during that one.

Trying to lead a bunch of pugs and randos vs a well-oiled-machine, organized group was so stressful lol. But the challenge was also lot of fun.

"Keep an eye on the breach, they WILL rep it." *Minuet later outer pops up* "I SAID WATCH THE DAMN BREACH!"

*People hesitating outside on breach when a charge is called* "You have 15 SECONDS to be dead on the ground PAST THE BREACH or AT ME or I'll END YOU, and your place in this group!"

I imagine half the people there thought I was a tremendous ***, or have since ignored me. :p But like I say to every group I lead, "I swear I'm not just trying to being an ***, I'm just very blunt and don't sugar coat things. I don't have time for people who do not listen and make my job harder. If you have a suggestion, speak up, don't just run off and do it."

When leading those I do not know, I rule with an iron fist, but give praise, encouragement, and positive reinforcement where applicable. Nobody wants to follow nor listen to a tyrant.
    Zakazh wrote: »
    That was one of the best fights since I came back to this game a few months ago. I was really sure we had you guys all nicely killed off, then you rascals suddenly were up on the second level cleaning us out again! You must have had a good FC someplace nearby.

We had to constantly adjust our strategy and approach, but you guys had an answer for everything.

Opening a new breach: Nope. Hard push upstairs: Nope. Heavy focus on their counter-siege: Nope. ...Farm them? Eh... that didn't really work out too well either.

I think we used 2 or 3 FC's? (as you know, we died A LOT) :D

I look forward to another good fight against ya guys. Because there is no shame in losing a hard fought battle, only lots of fun. Thanks again for the good time. :sunglasses:

Edited by Azurulia on May 10, 2017 1:00AM
    Criminal Scum:
    50 Breton Templar Healer: Olivine Azshara | 42 Orc Dragonknight Tank: Olivine Claremont | 50 Kahjiit Safe Cracker: Cracks-The-Safes | 50 Kahjiit Serial Killer: Cereal-The-Killer <Current Bounty: 1,231,318 gold>

"Whoever said crime doesn't pay clearly hasn't met Azu." -@Sloris
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I burned two FCs. It was a nice fight!
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I didnt do any testing last night. I got distracted by shiney things. I upgraded my video card to a GTX 1060 6G. So I stent all last night testing out old games using ultra settings. Like the withcher 2, I never could run it at max until now. Fall out 4 looks amazing with some graphics mods. I may have to fire up my ridiculously overly modded Skyrim.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    I didnt do any testing last night. I got distracted by shiney things. I upgraded my video card to a GTX 1060 6G. So I stent all last night testing out old games using ultra settings. Like the withcher 2, I never could run it at max until now. Fall out 4 looks amazing with some graphics mods. I may have to fire up my ridiculously overly modded Skyrim.

I've been using the GTX 1060 6G and that thing is an absolute beast for the price.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've been using the GTX 1060 6G and that thing is an absolute beast for the price.

Its amazing how it has brought my old i5 2500k system back to life.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up until recently I was still using a 660ti.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭
    It's all fun and games until Vurian runs for emp. I know what faction I'll be mainly attacking this week.

It's nothing personal to you guys on EP, it's just very personal with Vurian; and EP is just where he happens to be. :|

I'm straight up Red Sea salty with that guy, and for very good reason.
    Edited by Azurulia on May 10, 2017 8:45PM
    Criminal Scum:
    50 Breton Templar Healer: Olivine Azshara | 42 Orc Dragonknight Tank: Olivine Claremont | 50 Kahjiit Safe Cracker: Cracks-The-Safes | 50 Kahjiit Serial Killer: Cereal-The-Killer <Current Bounty: 1,231,318 gold>

• Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a psychological disorder i came up with for fun that i call emp madness. Its something that happens to most people after they gain emp for the first time. You see, sometimes, after losing emp for the first time, some tend to feel either unsatisfied with their reign or what it feels like to be a demi-god and so they start an addiction which makes them crave that power again. Most people dont stop until after their 5th crowning losing sleep, not eating right or just plain ruin their own health.
    Defialed - Former Emperor of Thornblade|Mjoll The Legend - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade| Definitely Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Probably Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Mistakenly Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Blackwater Cultist - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade | A Woman With No Name |
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns. And those who dig. You dig."
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mjollo wrote: »
    There's a psychological disorder i came up with for fun that i call emp madness. Its something that happens to most people after they gain emp for the first time. You see, sometimes, after losing emp for the first time, some tend to feel either unsatisfied with their reign or what it feels like to be a demi-god and so they start an addiction which makes them crave that power again. Most people dont stop until after their 5th crowning losing sleep, not eating right or just plain ruin their own health.

I have honestly zero interest in ever pushing emp again.

At a certain level, beating people while absurdly buffed isn't really beating people.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And then there are others who find decorating their guild hall more appealing than pushing for Emp.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been emp quite a few times, but really only intently pushed twice out of ten. It's not good for your health. I've just ended up having a lot of days where I was off on reset. One time I crowned having only earned 70k AP. AD was dominating the map and I was afraid we were going to crown a ghost emp. It's bad for your health to do that. Even when I've been emp now I don't stay up incredibly late because I've got to get up early so often.

It's fun to be emp, but it's not such an amazing experience that people need to make themselves uncomfortable.

Edit: and when I say push I mean repairing walls, collecting the AP buff, staying up for reset, etc. If I am in the first position, having fun, and only need a couple keeps of course I'll rally the troops as best I can.
    Edited by Adenoma on May 10, 2017 9:05PM
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hypothetical question: If your next character can't be on the same faction as your last one, which faction do you choose and why?!
    Ärchøn of the Covenant - DC Magblade
    Ärchøn of the Dominion - AD Magblade
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP. They have more apple trees on their side of Cyrodiil and I like apples.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DCeiver0 wrote: »
    Hypothetical question: If your next character can't be on the same faction as your last one, which faction do you choose and why?!

EP, because its not DC : ))
    GM of BYTE
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EP, because its not DC : ))

I stopped myself just in time.
    Was thinking about stoking the fire but nope.
    Edited by Stridig on May 10, 2017 9:21PM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP because dragons.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP... bc blue just doesn't look good on me. :D
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD, because you gain increased exposure to my scintillating personality.

Edit: I may have misread the question. For me personally? Probably DC just to mess with people.
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on May 10, 2017 9:45PM
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD, because you gain increased exposure to my scintillating personality.

Edit: I may have misread the question. For me personally? Probably DC just to mess with people.

Dude nobody in DC wants you. We take poor spelling very seriously.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭
    AD.

Because lets face it. The poor guys need some help. It's come to the point where I feel bad for them at how disorganized and uncoordinated they are as a faction.

Maybe a fresh characters worth of time leading and answering questions, etc. would hopefully make at least a little impact at their overall habit of working together and corodinating with one other.

AD has the numbers to be the superpower of BWB. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing that. It would be pretty damn fun to fight as the underdog.

I'll take a hard-fought loss over an easy win anyday.
    Criminal Scum:

• ItsDyvim
    ItsDyvim
    ✭✭✭
    Azurulia wrote: »
    AD.

Because lets face it. The poor guys need some help. It's come to the point where I feel bad for them at how disorganized and uncoordinated they are as a faction.

Maybe a fresh characters worth of time leading and answering questions, etc. would hopefully make at least a little impact at their overall habit of working together and corodinating with one other.

AD has the numbers to be the superpower of BWB. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing that. It would be pretty damn fun to fight as the underdog.

Last summer they were bitching we zerged them down and dominated the map. They didn't call us organized groups, they called us a zerg. I don't run groups anymore, got tired of being called a talent less zerger. I'll just run solo/small group. I like how AD is now. Get a pug wrangler and we own the map, no wrangler, I get to defend. I'm good with it.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WE ONLY ZERG. I SOLO AND I ZERG. WE ARE ALL ZERG. AD AD AD.
  • Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    WE ONLY ZERG. I SOLO AND I ZERG. WE ARE ALL ZERG. AD AD AD.

So does that make you a solo zerg?

Would that be a 1 man zerg, or soloing a zerg? :tongue:

Nah. I wouldn't say AD only zergs, but they aren't the best at split response from what I've seen the past few months.
    ItsDyvim wrote: »
    Azurulia wrote: »
    AD.

Last summer they were bitching we zerged them down and dominated the map. They didn't call us organized groups, they called us a zerg. I don't run groups anymore, got tired of being called a talent less zerger. I'll just run solo/small group. I like how AD is now. Get a pug wrangler and we own the map, no wrangler, I get to defend. I'm good with it.

For the most part people are just sore losers and don't like to admit they had been outplayed and/or out maneuvered.

when gottbeard (is that right?) Emped last week, him and his friend's response time to keeps flagging was lightening fast, making it difficult to actually split the force of AD up.

I know the feeling. I could be playing with 8 of my guildies at night sieging keeps vs 12+, yet no matter what goes down, I'm just a nightcapper that faces no resistance, apparently. It gets a little frustrating. I don't seek recognition for my efforts, more so not have it dismiss as "You only took "X" or emp'd "Y" because it was at night vs no resistance."

It gets really old after a while. Especially coming from those who are not present at those times, so it's simply based on assumption.
    Edited by Azurulia on May 11, 2017 12:47AM
    Criminal Scum:

• ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mjollo wrote: »

And that is exactly why I've never been emp.

EP, primarily because there has been a pretty intense AD-DC rivalry the majority of the time I've been in BWB, so playing as a DC would feel dirty. Plus, I finally got my irl friend to try ESO, and despite me telling him repeatedly to choose the AD alliance, he still managed to mess up and roll an EP toon, and doesn't want to re-roll despite the fact that he is only like, level 8. So I'm actually going to be making an EP toon eventually so I can show him around Cyrodiil.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Bleakers fight tho.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aleswell:

swiss_cheese.jpg?quality=98&strip=all
  • ItsDyvim
    ItsDyvim
    ✭✭✭
    That Bleakers fight tho.

Aleswell was pretty intense
    Edited by ItsDyvim on May 11, 2017 2:59AM
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of these days I will get back in Cyrodiil. The load screens drive me away almost instantly. I played for about an hour the other night and decided to just go to bed. They are terrible.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My conspiracy theory is that the better the computer you have the worse the load screens you get. I almost never get them on my Mac.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My conspiracy theory is that the better the computer you have the worse the load screens you get. I almost never get them on my Mac.

Must be. I just dropped a ton of money on my new build and I always get them. I even get them in PvE now.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
This discussion has been closed.