Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Silky, how mucj mag regen are you used to on your dk?

Edit to say...I usualy have around 1.5k mag reg.
    Edited by Valen_Byte on May 2, 2017 5:32PM
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

I know you didn't ask me but I run with around 1.5k in non-vet and around 1k in vet. I use desert rose so the low regen is ok. I'm not entirely sure but desert rose may be broken? I never have resource issues ( mag ). Only stam issues.
    Edit: I should add that in vet I use black rose and Grothdar with the desert rose. My DPS is pretty low ( around 20k with Grothdar proc) but it seems to work well.
    Edited by Stridig on May 2, 2017 5:52PM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »

I know you didn't ask me but I run with around 1.5k in non-vet and around 1k in vet. I use desert rose so the low regen is ok. I'm not entirely sure but desert rose may be broken? I never have resource issues ( mag ). Only stam issues.
    Edit: I should add that in vet I use black rose and Grothdar with the desert rose. My DPS is pretty low ( around 20k with Grothdar proc) but it seems to work well.

Open question to all really.

Honestly, I think its all going to work out. Its all relative. Because the changes to sustain are quite sweeping, those at the top should remain at the top. I liken it to when they added all the extra 0 to all the stats. We went from thinkin 5k dps is good to 50k dps being good. But really nothing changed. Just some extra o's
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have generally run around 1200 magicka recovery on my magicka DK in non-vet. I used to play more like 2k and then I realized I don't need it because magDK doesn't spam like other classes and flip whips are fo' free.

With all that said, next patch you'll want to run more recovery (I'd run light armor and shields - different from me running heavy now) because battle roar won't return as great of an amount of magicka.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have played my non-vet MagDK's on PTS and it's feels like literally nothing has changed. One thing I did notice is the amount of damage I was able to do to high CP players. In reality I was doing roughly the same damage, they were just unable to mitigate and recover as quickly.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Might have to dust off the ol light armor....ew.
    GM of BYTE
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah ... ill be switching to destro/resto instead of dw/destro
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's how it always should have been. You shouldn't have been able to get away with wearing full heavy and running a damage build. Light and medium became irrelevant for many PvP builds which was ridiculous. DOWN WITH THE HEAVY ARMOR META
    Ours is the Fury
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I run a 100% damage build in full heavy and sustain via battle roar, pots, and heavy attacks. Constitution changes won't change that. Now, the battle roar nerf does definitely change that.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gederic wrote: »
    That's how it always should have been. You shouldn't have been able to get away with wearing full heavy and running a damage build. Light and medium became irrelevant for many PvP builds which was ridiculous. DOWN WITH THE HEAVY ARMOR META

Thats the way it used to be. Heavy armor was complete crap the first year. No one wore it. Nothing but dresses and sticks. To me, heavy armor is for pvp and light/med is for pve. No self respecting DK would wear cloth hah he would just burst into flames.

I ran a light Dk through a couple of months ago and I have to say, after a few days I started to get the hang of it a bit better and did well for the most part.
    GM of BYTE
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last toon that I brought through BwB was a few months ago and it was a light armor magdk. 5 light, 2 heavy and I never felt squishy at all. Didn't use shields other than igneous for the major mending, rip igneous shield... Yet the damage and sustain was unreal. At one point (lvl 36 with willpower and all that nonsense) I was running around with something like 4.5k spell damage and could 2 shot noobies but could hardly be killed. You don't need heavy armor to survive. I would put that dk up against any heavy armor dk. My friend muffins who has played magdk through thick and thin over the past 2 years would say the same thing.
    Ours is the Fury
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both perform different roles. Heavy armor gives me more of a capacity to block, CC break, and tank reliably. Light armor does not afford those perks right now. Besides the spell penetration given by 5 light armor there are very few perks to running light over heavy armor.
  • Silky
    Silky
    ✭✭✭

Regen on non-cp is around 1600-2kish depending on if I'm running seducers or not. In CP camps its around 2.2k since I run Rattle + Sun or VD + Sun instead of seducers.

I've started running 5 light in vet more often tho for the increased pen since most people run heavy now (or medium dodge roll builds, but there isn't really a counter to that anyway).
    Edited by Silky on May 2, 2017 8:02PM
    The Most Diabolical Hater In Tamriel
    GM of SADBOYS
    Living Dumpster Fire

"If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce."

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    Couple things:

-Most people who complain about PvDooring in the midle of the night have not been playing at night, or else they'd realize there's decent pop most of the time. Best time to PvDoor is actually 7am-2pm.

-

I thought this post was a bit random earlier today. Just got home and logged on. Now I see why you brought this up lol. Still a night cap. Still a pvdoor. ; ))
    GM of BYTE
  • Silky
    Silky
    ✭✭✭
    Daycaps are no-life caps. DC still confirmed SEA alliance?
    The Most Diabolical Hater In Tamriel
    GM of SADBOYS
    Living Dumpster Fire

"If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce."

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But can we all agree that if you DO want to PvDoor, there has been an optimal time established?
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My favorite thing about the "PvDoor" is it makes a lot more sense with the relatively recent ram changes. Before that, it often was a misnomer for "PvWall."
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But can we all agree that if you DO want to PvDoor, there has been an optimal time established?

Agreed.
    My favorite thing about the "PvDoor" is it makes a lot more sense with the relatively recent ram changes. Before that, it often was a misnomer for "PvWall."

Someone should time it. It is wicked fast now.
    GM of BYTE
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    Pugz of Daggerfall was supposed to be a DC-only guild.

As the founder of PUGz of Daggerfall, I think I'm the most well placed to know what my guild was supposed to be.

Personally, I never really cared about cross faction. I will admit, it took me a few months from when I started PvP, to understand that the players in other faction doesn't mean they are bad person or that they will spy on you. Like Wolf said, we eventually decided to make a compromise to try to please as much people as possible. As far as I know, only you and one other was bothered by that 2% of the guild that do cross faction.

You didn't like it, you left. Now get over it, we wont change just for you.
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't need heavy armor to survive. I would put that dk up against any heavy armor dk.

Is that a duel challenge!?! :tongue:
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do it! Rak is a terrible MagDK. He thinks that since he is DW he needs to wear Hundings Rage.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Ashen Grip.
    Edit: Nevermind. I have almost survived through his first rotation many times. Almost
    Edited by Stridig on May 2, 2017 9:41PM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭

Agreed.

Challenge accepted.
    Ärchøn of the Covenant - DC Magblade
    Ärchøn of the Dominion - AD Magblade
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Agreed.

I think there is a video of someone getting inside in (I think) under a minute with a full raid, front doorx2. That was with close to 20 siege up on a door though, which rarely happens.
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    That was with close to 20 siege up on a door though, which rarely happens.

We've done it a few times. Just gotta yell MOAR SIEGE! MOOOAAAAAARRRR SIEGE!
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »
    That was with close to 20 siege up on a door though, which rarely happens.

We've done it a few times. Just gotta yell MOAR SIEGE! MOOOAAAAAARRRR SIEGE!

It's more just that not a lot of front doors can FIT 20 siege, unless you just poop ballis everywhere.

Plus if you drop ram+door ballistas, its usually flagged before much more gets dropped, lol.
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on May 3, 2017 12:09AM
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, you guys have really been putting in work towards getting to 300 pages these past couple days.
    The last toon that I brought through BwB was a few months ago and it was a light armor magdk. 5 light, 2 heavy and I never felt squishy at all. Didn't use shields other than igneous for the major mending, rip igneous shield... Yet the damage and sustain was unreal. At one point (lvl 36 with willpower and all that nonsense) I was running around with something like 4.5k spell damage and could 2 shot noobies but could hardly be killed. You don't need heavy armor to survive. I would put that dk up against any heavy armor dk. My friend muffins who has played magdk through thick and thin over the past 2 years would say the same thing.

My MagDK wore 5 light/2 heavy and I still felt pretty strong on it. But I haven't played a heavy MagDK yet (I have one geared up and ready to go when I want to go back to MagDK though) so I don't really have anything to compare it to. I used to think that my medium armor Stam builds were strong until I actually played a heavy armor Stam build, so I wouldn't be shocked to find that a heavy armor MagDK performs better than a light armor one.
    You don't need heavy armor to survive. I would put that dk up against any heavy armor dk.

Is that a duel challenge!?! :tongue:

I'm still waiting for our duel...
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭

D:
    I completely forgot you.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So..... anybody else hoarding Necro gear for Morrowwind? Im not so sure that it will be best in slot for Warden but there are many who do. I plan on cashing in.
    PS the price is already starting to climb.
    Edited by Stridig on May 3, 2017 3:34AM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

D:
    I completely forgot you.

Haha that's alright. I've spent very little time even playing ESO lately, and even less time actually PVPing.

So..... anybody else hoarding Necro gear for Morrowwind? Im not so sure that it will be best in slot for Warden but there are many who do. I plan on cashing in.
    PS the price is already starting to climb.

You know, I've been meaning to start farming it, but Overland gear is just so easy to get that I haven't been in much of a rush.
This discussion has been closed.