Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• PemPem
    PemPem
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, people actually care about who wins the campaign? :o
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crazy thing is, @vamp_emily , is that nobody is complaining about DC being relatively dominant with their morning caps. Sure, it makes it a bit of work to get off of our gates, but at least the fight is always at our front door. I know I have enjoyed most of the PvP I've had in BwB because it's so easy to find a fight. I literally 1v6'd a group of DC that was camping our eastern gate siege training area. Now, some would think that that's unhealthy for the campaign (and I'd agree), but I found it pretty fun to not even have to ride to a keep to find a fight.

I think your core members will come back if the PvP seems fun. I can't imagine most of the classy folks that have switched from DC and are playing other factions would find a lot of joy popping back and forth between gate keeps to find small fights. Just thinking about how much bloodporting that would take is nauseating.

I PvP'd way too much early today, but I haven't been able to play in the campaign too much lately. When I have gotten on I've been really happy to fight outnumbered. I would bet that folks like @Raknosh and @Stridig would say the same.

Plus, it's not like any of your DC emps do much more than provide the emperorship health bonus to their players.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time I played BwB it was in a group of 4. We had some really good outnumbered fights. We ended the group about an hour later. The consensus of the group was that it was a little too zergy to have much fun. The zerg was the alliance we were playing. Slim pickins.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody here know much about networking? The lag was even worse for me tonight, with my latency going all the way up to 999+ multiple times. I had been pinging google.com through command prompt while I was playing, and the pings rarely went above 150 ms even when my in-game latency was at 999+, which suggests to me that it is an issue with ZOS, but I don't see anybody else complaining about unplayable lag, which suggests to me that it is an issue with my own internet connection, and I honestly don't know enough about networking to know what to make of all that...
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anybody here know much about networking? The lag was even worse for me tonight, with my latency going all the way up to 999+ multiple times. I had been pinging google.com through command prompt while I was playing, and the pings rarely went above 150 ms even when my in-game latency was at 999+, which suggests to me that it is an issue with ZOS, but I don't see anybody else complaining about unplayable lag, which suggests to me that it is an issue with my own internet connection, and I honestly don't know enough about networking to know what to make of all that...

Yea I had some troubles too lately. To a point I was just boycutting pvp. Crashes, loadingscreens, huge lag spikes, it was unplayable some day...
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In regards to the lag, it seems to be very random to me. Some days it runs crystal clear, others I get booted 4 times in the same 4-5 hours.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• gadrïïr
    gadrïïr
    ✭✭
    ok i don't post in forums much, but I just wanted to give my 2 cents on a few things, and my DC friends don't take this the wrong way, cuz I love DC, but honestly the reason DC has been so dominant in BwB lately is the nightcapping. when a faction caps the map at night with no resistance, and holds the map for 8, or so hours while the other 2 are sleeping they end up getting a lot of points that night. if thats done every single night, then u end up having one faction start to dominate the scoreboard. AD has been doing very well during prime time. in fact the emp AD crowned yesterday has been the only time I have seen an emp crowned during prime time in a while if I remember correctly, besides when DC did it when I emped on my mag sorc a month, or so ago.

in regards to the people hopping factions. I used to be one of those people who were against it, and still am not too keen on it even tho I have jumped to AD this week. I don't like the fact people can play 1 faction one minute, and then log over to another character the next minute, and play for another faction. bottom line is tho. BwB needs some sort of balance. its not healthy for the newer players who come in, and get dominated week in, and week out, and have to fight their way out of their gates every morning, cuz one faction zerged the map down while the other 2 factions were sleeping. this is why im on AD, cuz I feel bad for the newer players on the other factions. Sora wanted me to play AD, cuz of that very reason, but at first I couldn't bring myself to do it. I caved in, cuz I realized he is right.

Edited by gadrïïr on March 19, 2017 8:20AM
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couple things:

Contrary to popular belief, there's plenty of fighting to be had at night. Especially DC vs EP action, and what tends to happen is that the losing faction after a major fight logs off. Usually it`s EP, but some nights, like tonight, it`s DC. AD usually starts to move the map in the morning/noon, and DC doesn`t log in until like 5PM. Each faction takes advantage of its respective population cycle advantage, and there really is no shame in doing that. If DC had emp in the morning, 90% chance we are back to 1 or 2 emp keeps by the afternoon because everyone logged off. Hard to emp in 'primetime' when you`re defending emp and/or 6 scrolls already. Guild groups have flipped the map in a matter of a couple hours during 'primetime' and can do it again if needed. There`s just no sense of urgency to do so at the moment.

Not to mention that time we held emp/ghost emp for more than 5 days last week, and regained the inner ring at least three times that I`m aware of...

Edited by gabriebe on March 19, 2017 9:45AM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    gadrïïr wrote: »
    ok i don't post in forums much, but I just wanted to give my 2 cents on a few things, and my DC friends don't take this the wrong way, cuz I love DC, but honestly the reason DC has been so dominant in BwB lately is the nightcapping. when a faction caps the map at night with no resistance, and holds the map for 8, or so hours while the other 2 are sleeping they end up getting a lot of points that night. if thats done every single night, then u end up having one faction start to dominate the scoreboard. AD has been doing very well during prime time. in fact the emp AD crowned yesterday has been the only time I have seen an emp crowned during prime time in a while if I remember correctly, besides when DC did it when I emped on my mag sorc a month, or so ago.

When did you guys Emp AD on prime time? Was this after I went to bed? I wouldn't really consider that prime time ( after 2 am ) but then I may be totally wrong. I just remember DC had Emp during the day, then I took a cat nap and came back, and nobody had Emp. Not sure when AD Emped during prime time.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I made a big mistake.

When we had double AP week I bought 2 gold Worm rings. I think I payed a million AP for both of them. My intentions were to sell them in world. I looked at my inventory last night and both rings are bound to my account. I , for some reason, thought those rings you buy were BoE.

Now I have 4 gold worm rings :( I hate BoP.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird. The gold necropotence rings I bought are BoE. But I equipped that stuff for my vMA pet farm build.
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I am decidedly NOT weak minded, and I want to participate positively in BWB.

I admit I have not been playing much in BwB. I come in for an hour or two before I head to bed. I pay attention to population and stuff like that. I don't see a problem. DC is such a strong allaince because we are tested at both sides of the map. Of course we will win when population is balanced, unless EP and AD work together.

I have a question for the flip floppers that are sports fans. Do you guys change teams when your team is winning? Or if your team is loosing do you find another team to support?

I want balance too. You can have a noob but give our core DC members back.

Wait. Are you personally insulting me?
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's an insult. She's sort of trying to call people bandwagon but they're all hopping off the DC bandwagon.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wear a Seattle Mariners hat. They haven't won anything. Ever.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I don't think it's an insult. She's sort of trying to call people bandwagon but they're all hopping off the DC bandwagon.

I hope not.
    Stridig wrote: »
    I wear a Seattle Mariners hat. They haven't won anything. Ever.

Plus taking the baseball analogy, we are more like players aren't we? Players switch teams all the time, and I'm sure they play against friends on a regular basis.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a side note, Draugr Hulk necklace is VERY hard to come by.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭
    Drop rate?
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draugr necklace is super hard to come by. And I want to run that + a shield + a sharpened 1h in no-CP.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draugr necklace is super hard to come by. And I want to run that + a shield + a sharpened 1h in no-CP.

I have a full set but I want the neck. I have a dirty plan.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the gold vendor, it sells monster helm that are all BOP (just like in 4 man dungeon) and it sell 2 kind of jewelry, one that are BOE (just like those set drop in zones) and another BOP (just like those set drop in 4 man dungeons)

Regarding the crossfaction, you guys need to stop worrying about it so much. It's not like we deleted all our DC to switch to EP... Personally, I have 5 DC BwB toons and I'm clearly not gonna delete all that work. If we have been loyal DC for do long, we will certainly come back and sooner than you think.
  • Silky
    Silky
    ✭✭✭
    Did I miss the hardcore faction loyalty *** again? Damn.

Edit: ZOS plz no censorino
    Edited by Silky on March 19, 2017 5:16PM
    The Most Diabolical Hater In Tamriel
    GM of SADBOYS
    Living Dumpster Fire

"If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce."

• Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭

I thought I gave you one that time we grinded it together? I hope you didnt sell it by mistake :tongue:

Hey I though you were against using overland set in bwb :tongue:
    Edited by Raknosh on March 19, 2017 5:40PM
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »

I thought I gave you one that time we grinded it together? I hope you didnt sell it by mistake :tongue:

Wait.... what character was I on? They are BOP so I can't sell it.

That's it. I was on my healer. Adenoma was with us. I will have to check that toon.
    Edited by Stridig on March 19, 2017 5:41PM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »

Wait.... what character was I on? They are BOP so I can't sell it.

That's it. I was on my healer. Adenoma was with us. I will have to check that toon.

I meant sold to NPC. But yea I hope you didnt grind that one necklass for too long xD
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

in regards to the people hopping factions. I used to be one of those people who were against it, and still am not too keen on it even tho I have jumped to AD this week. I don't like the fact people can play 1 faction one minute, and then log over to another character the next minute, and play for another faction. bottom line is tho. BwB needs some sort of balance. its not healthy for the newer players who come in, and get dominated week in, and week out, and have to fight their way out of their gates every morning, cuz one faction zerged the map down while the other 2 factions were sleeping. this is why im on AD, cuz I feel bad for the newer players on the other factions. Sora wanted me to play AD, cuz of that very reason, but at first I couldn't bring myself to do it. I caved in, cuz I realized he is right.

I generally agree with your sentiment about nightcapping, but at the same time its one of those things that is tough to actually blame people for doing. I mean, if one alliance happens to have a lot of people that play at a certain time, you can't really expect those people to simply not play the game. I personally tend to play between midnight and 4 AM EST, and I certainly wouldn't want to quit PVPing because AD has a lot more players at that time. I think one of the best ways to alleviate the issue is for a nightcapping alliance to pragmatically allow the other alliances to retain their tri-keeps so other players are more encouraged to stick around and fight when they log on and see a map dominated by one alliance. Unfortunately that relies on the cooperation of plenty of people who don't read the forums, and quite frankly don't care about the health of the campaign either. Can nightcapping be a problem? Sure. But I don't know that a good solution to it actually exists...

As far as faction hopping goes, the only time I really have an issue with it is when people leave a losing faction to join a winning one. It seems like a lot of people in this thread do enjoy playing the map and trying to win campaigns, and subsequently tend to have quite a bit of faction loyalty, but we need to remember than not everybody plays to win the campaign. There are lot of people who play for the fighting itself, and couldn't care less who actually wins or loses the campaign, nor do they care which faction they are playing on as long as they are finding fun fights. And if a player wants to switch factions so they can play with friends on a different faction, fight new players, or even just for a change of pace, I say more power to them. I plan on rolling an EP toon eventually just so I can fight all the AD players I've never fought before, because that is what sounds fun to me. I also think that switching from a dominant faction to a weaker faction is definitely a fair thing to do. As I said, not everybody plays to win campaigns, and there are players who would rather participate in a tough, balanced campaign than just simply win the campaign over and over again. And again, if those players want to switch factions to help achieve that goal, I say more power to them.
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭

I generally agree with your sentiment about nightcapping, but at the same time its one of those things that is tough to actually blame people for doing. I mean, if one alliance happens to have a lot of people that play at a certain time, you can't really expect those people to simply not play the game. I personally tend to play between midnight and 4 AM EST, and I certainly wouldn't want to quit PVPing because AD has a lot more players at that time. I think one of the best ways to alleviate the issue is for a nightcapping alliance to pragmatically allow the other alliances to retain their tri-keeps so other players are more encouraged to stick around and fight when they log on and see a map dominated by one alliance. Unfortunately that relies on the cooperation of plenty of people who don't read the forums, and quite frankly don't care about the health of the campaign either. Can nightcapping be a problem? Sure. But I don't know that a good solution to it actually exists...

As far as faction hopping goes, the only time I really have an issue with it is when people leave a losing faction to join a winning one. It seems like a lot of people in this thread do enjoy playing the map and trying to win campaigns, and subsequently tend to have quite a bit of faction loyalty, but we need to remember than not everybody plays to win the campaign. There are lot of people who play for the fighting itself, and couldn't care less who actually wins or loses the campaign, nor do they care which faction they are playing on as long as they are finding fun fights. And if a player wants to switch factions so they can play with friends on a different faction, fight new players, or even just for a change of pace, I say more power to them. I plan on rolling an EP toon eventually just so I can fight all the AD players I've never fought before, because that is what sounds fun to me. I also think that switching from a dominant faction to a weaker faction is definitely a fair thing to do. As I said, not everybody plays to win campaigns, and there are players who would rather participate in a tough, balanced campaign than just simply win the campaign over and over again. And again, if those players want to switch factions to help achieve that goal, I say more power to them.

I pretty much always agree with you point for point.
  • gameswithaspoon
    gameswithaspoon
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote:

When did you guys Emp AD on prime time? Was this after I went to bed? I wouldn't really consider that prime time ( after 2 am ) but then I may be totally wrong. I just remember DC had Emp during the day, then I took a cat nap and came back, and nobody had Emp. Not sure when AD Emped during prime time.

Minc Vinyl became AD Emperor at about Friday noon EST and held until about 9 pm? Sorry if you missed the de-emp at Roe because it was a hilarious fight. Spoon hopes you had a good nap.

So how about that EP scroll run last night? AD was confused you ran into Bruma when it was D.C. but good recovery.

Spoon-no-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Templar AD BWB
    Spoon-ware-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Stamplar AD Bahlokdaan
    Guild Leader Imperium of the Eagle Ravenwatch NA-PC
    Takes Drive-Thru Orders for This is a Wendy's.
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭
    odd111out wrote: »
    vamp_emily wrote:

Minc Vinyl became AD Emperor at about Friday noon EST and held until about 9 pm? Sorry if you missed the de-emp at Roe because it was a hilarious fight. Spoon hopes you had a good nap.

So how about that EP scroll run last night? AD was confused you ran into Bruma when it was D.C. but good recovery.

My understanding from zone chat ( I was capping DC the whole time) was that the group of DC that took back the scroll, decided to stop and do the dolmen. This gave EP enough time to return and retake it. Needless to say zone chat was pretty funny for a bit after tht.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I`m pretty sure what happened is that each group thought the other group was gonna escort the scroll, and we all ended up going to DC.
    Edited by gabriebe on March 19, 2017 11:45PM

The traitor

• Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doing a dolmen with scroll is silly. I remember once with The fourth faction, we almost wiped the zerg escorting the scroll that stopped for Nik dolmen. Scroll runner was fast tho, he managed to get away.
This discussion has been closed.