Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    ive always been playing on ultra settings :D havent had really any issues

lucky u.

This is what I have, I know it is a few years old but I should be able to run on Ultra. Maybe it is my ESO settings.

Processor: Intel Core i7 4910MQ (Up to 3.90Ghz) (Quad Core) (8MB Cache)
    Graphics Card(s): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 8GB with NVIDIA Battery Boost + NVIDIA Optimus

I see the problem here, GTX 980M. The M means laptop, laptop are crap for gaming! I bought a 1500$ laptop in 2012 to be able to play skyrim on max setting with mods. I was surprised that I couldn't do it with such an expensive laptop. That 700$ PC I built would absolutely destroy my old 1500$ laptop.

All that being said tho, your spec looks good enough to run on ultra indeed (you probly paid that a crazy price) maybe driver issue or maybe you could change the particles manually in the settings. You could also try to monitor your resources management with MSI Afterburner and see if one of your part is bottlenecking.
    Silky wrote: »
    1440p on ultra. Its CPU bound. I have the same gpu as my old computer and it went from 20-30 fps on ultra to 70fps. It's not a core issue either, its a clock issue. My old cpu was a x5670 6 core from forever ago that capped at 3.7ghz. New processor is 4 core and goes to 4.2ghz and its night and day.

Yea most game only take 4 cores anyway so all those AMD 6 and 8 core are not necessarily better for gaming.
    I also play on 1440p and ultra. Still does not look as good as Skyrim modded tho :tongue:
    Edited by Raknosh on March 18, 2017 2:06PM
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Swaye
    Swaye
    ✭✭✭
    I feel heartbroken, some of our best DC have decided to play EP.

Some that Ive been with for years. ..... I get that this is just a game and the more I try to justify my position, the more I try to defend myself...the more I fail.

I'm just sad to see the end of another DC guild.
    Edited by Swaye on March 19, 2017 1:12AM
    Swaye.
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭
    Swaye wrote: »
    I feel like my heart is broken. Some of our best DC have decided to play EP,

Guys Ive been with for years. ..... I get that this is just a game.

And the more I try to justify my position, then more I try to defend myself.....

The more I fail.

I'm just sad to see the end of another DC guild.

Don't give in to the swamps of sadness red. An important lesson I learned from the never-ending story! First thing to go is your horse.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, whatever stops DC crowning at 6am is fine by me.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    betray-betrayal-quotes25.jpg

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And some people take video games way too seriously. I play how I want, and guess what? My true friends are still my friends. Wierd how that works.

Edit: It is a shame when guilds break up though. In my experience, they break up because of the rules that bind hem together.
    Edited by Stridig on March 18, 2017 6:27PM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Hey, whatever stops DC crowning at 6am is fine by me.
    betray-betrayal-quotes25.jpg

I swear this isn't to be argumentative but I'm not sure I see the validity of either of these statements.

On the one hand, you can't really expect ppl from all over the world to abide by specific time zones. They have a right to play when, and how they want ( barring tri keep camping, I've been zone arguing with our old friend Vurian about that this week).

On the other hand, DC has been winning WAY too much. Something needs to be done IMO. I think many of us who are considering faction swapping want to stir the pot a little. In my case, glory is the last thing on my mind, as all my friends play DC and they are pretty much all funny, nice and a joy to hang out with. If I do swap factions, it's gonna be sad.....

But something has to change.....
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    And some people take video games way too seriously. I play how I want, and guess what? My true friends are still my friends. Wierd how that works.

Edit: It is a shame when guilds break up though. In my experience, they break up because of the rules that bind hem together.

How many times do you have to tell us? We get it.. you have no commitment to anyone. You play the game the way you want to, now let us play the way we want too.

I like to RP a little, is that ok with u?

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. Take it easy. Damn

And yes.... it's ok with me. People can play how they want.
    Edited by Stridig on March 18, 2017 6:56PM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭

How many times do you have to tell us? We get it.. you have no commitment to anyone. You play the game the way you want to, now let us play the way we want too.

Lol. Take it easy. Damn

The response that both of you must immediately accept is "no". Neither one of you gets to play the way you want to. You get to play the way *I* want you to, and you'll both like it, or else.

Today's directive: cliff-jumping into slaughterfish. Get to it, you two, I expect pictures.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am upset. Darv was part on my DC family, and now I have to kill her.

I think we should all zerg down Outlaw for taking her away from us.

Edited by vamp_emily on March 18, 2017 7:13PM

• PemPem
    PemPem
    ✭✭✭
    Just because someone decides to play a different faction does not mean you can't be friends anymore, Emily.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PemPem wrote: »
    Just because someone decides to play a different faction does not mean you can't be friends anymore, Emily.

True Story
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭

Lol. Take it easy. Damn

The response that both of you must immediately accept is "no". Neither one of you gets to play the way you want to. You get to play the way *I* want you to, and you'll both like it, or else.

Today's directive: cliff-jumping into slaughterfish. Get to it, you two, I expect pictures.

Pem speaks truth! I'm gonna go find the highest cliff I can and jump into the slaughterfish this evening. Anyone know where that would be?
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I will always be Darv's friend, and I have never defriended anyone for playing on a different alliance. It is just different now. I'm not sure how you guys can relate to this, but just imagine your drinking buddy leaves you. Every night you guys went out and then one day he says sorry I can't do that any more. I'm sure you wouldn't defriend him, but you would feel kind of empty inside.

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you had a drinking problem.
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭

I will always be Darv's friend, and I have never defriended anyone for playing on a different alliance. It is just different now. I'm not sure how you guys can relate to this, but just imagine your drinking buddy leaves you. Every night you guys went out and then one day he says sorry I can't do that any more. I'm sure you wouldn't defriend him, but you would feel kind of empty inside.

Nah just kick his asss.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. I love seeing friends on other alliances. I generally try to focus them hardest. I don't understand when people get hot and bothered about fighting friends.
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You could also just start going to the new bar your drinking buddy is going to...

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. Fighting a friend on another alliance is fun, and you can always roll a new character on another alliance so you can play with them.
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn Darv went to EP? I thought she was a hardcore DC and hated crossfaction. Oh welp!

I played in EP a bit this morning cause I woke up to a Gate camping DC once again ( happens too often these day)
    We were making good progress until for some reason AD decided to troll us, backstabing us on last emp keep or attacking bleak, while they could have just went for Glade, taking their scroll and helping us dethrone at the same time...
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »
    Damn Darv went to EP? I thought she was a hardcore DC and hated crossfaction. Oh welp!

I played in EP a bit this morning cause I woke up to a Gate camping DC once again ( happens too often these day)
    We were making good progress until for some reason AD decided to troll us, backstabing us on last emp keep or attacking bleak, while they could have just went for Glade, taking their scroll and helping us dethrone at the same time...

You make good points. I said a few months back that I couldn't stand the night capping, gate camping DC. I lost a couple "friends" over that one when I made AD and EP alts. People are funny in the MMO world.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen this many times, both from AD and EP. As long as there are enough people online who care more about finding action than actually playing the map strategically, stuff like that always seems to happen. There are also plenty of times when AD players get tired of wiping trying to front door Ash or something, so they start pushing EP instead. I'd imagine the same thing happens to EP when they start pushing AD despite DC dominating the map. I've tried discouraging people from pushing EP when they should be pushing DC in zone chat before, and it never seems to accomplish anything. I've even had a group lead explain to me the reason they were trying to push BRK from Sej despite DC owning Roe, Alessia, and Fare was so they could start pushing DC emp keeps counterclockwise from BRK...God bless the players who came in to salvage the map the next morning...
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Raknosh , I kept AD pretty focused for a while, but I started grinding up my character for our little leap squad and I guess things went south after that?
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭

You make good points. I said a few months back that I couldn't stand the night capping, gate camping DC. I lost a couple "friends" over that one when I made AD and EP alts. People are funny in the MMO world.

This is my major problem at this point. Namely the gate camping. I'm tired of seeing it. We've been capping Sej lately and just waiting for good fights. This tactic has created some of the best and most prolonged fights I've been a part of in awhile.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You guys act like DC is the evil of all evils.

Lets back up in time. AD caps Emp at prime time. They have 3 bars and EP has1 bars and DC has 2 Bar. They call it an EVEN fight (pffts.. they sure don't know how to count ). Lets go even further back in time.. AD has poplock and EP/AD has one bar. AD didn't care.. u may have seen a few flip over for a fight or two, but that was about it. They enjoyed zerging over everyone, and saying "We earned that Emp push" or "We are so coordinated".

I can't believe what I have been hearing lately. DC takes map with 3 bars and everyone wants to flip to another faction, or players make comments like "Don't take Allessia because we don't want AD to quit playing". DC is filled with weak minded players. A true DC player would not flip sides, they would go help out in AS or TF.

WE need faction loyalty, not flip floppers.

And by the way all you people out there that THINK I take this game so serious. I do play with AD and EP. When I am not smashing faces in PvP, I'm in PvE running dailies, and trials with all factions. FDR is not made of 500 DC members. I know there are good people on all sides, I'm just loyal to DC when it comes to PvP.

Edited by vamp_emily on March 19, 2017 1:32AM

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Alternative facts."
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭
    You guys act like DC is the evil of all evils.

Lets back up in time. AD caps Emp at prime time. They have 3 bars and EP has1 bars and DC has 2 Bar. They call it an EVEN fight (pffts.. they sure don't know how to count ). Lets go even further back in time.. AD has poplock and EP/AD has one bar. AD didn't care.. u may have seen a few flip over for a fight or two, but that was about it. They enjoyed zerging over everyone, and saying "We earned that Emp push" or "We are so coordinated".

I can't believe what I have been hearing lately. DC takes map with 3 bars and everyone wants to flip to another faction, or players make comments like "Don't take Allessia because we don't want AD to quit playing". DC is filled with weak minded player. A true DC player would not flip sides, they would go help out in AS or TF.

WE need faction loyalty, not flip floppers.

And by the way all you people out there that THINK I take this game so serious. I do play with AD and EP. When I am not smashing faces in PvP, I'm in PvE running dailies, and trials with all factions. FDR is not made of 500 DC members. I know there are good people on all sides, I'm just loyal to DC when it comes to PvP.

Now hold on Emily. I stayed DC through the entire summer, fall and winter. For 4 or 5 of those months DC was devoid players and we only won one time. That win was actually in a large part, because we had such incredibly low numbers that we got crazy bonus that pushed us to the top.

Through all that I never complained and stayed the course. I honestly figured I would always play DC. The funny thing is, I just can't take winning every campaign. I know that seems backwards but it's really bugging me. Now I haven't flipped yet, but I'm seriously considering it. I would understand your comments if I was chasing AP or flipping to the winning faction, but that's not the case.

I do help in azura and TF, but most of my time and energy has been devoted to arming my BWB toons. As a working father of 2 children and a home owner, my time is limited.

I am decidedly NOT weak minded, and I want to participate positively in BWB.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason why DC has been dominating isn`t very difficult to replicate. Pick people up from zone, on the regular. Organize them, make them play the map. Open up your guild groups to what we affectionately call 'randoms', pick up the crown once in a while and start a group. Show them how to siege.They'll come back if they feel involved, especially if there`s a TS or Discord. We can tell the difference when ItsLahma starts a group, or Sora is leading from zone. Or when MirrorMirror brings his (pretty new) EP squad to one of our keeps. Not sure why it`s up to DC players to fix what's wrong with the other alliances. It`s not like EP or AD lacks skillful players, or that DC has an extreme population advantage. Creating an artificially competitive situation just seems like a strange concept to me; not sure I`d feel like we really 'won' a campaign if we did so only because players from AD or EP took got bored/took pity on us and joined in.

Personnally, I spent the downtime where the map is blue to gear up my vet toons and maybe, maybe eventually help Azura where DC has been getting eviscerated every time I bothered to log in.
    Edited by gabriebe on March 19, 2017 2:45AM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know Guild of Night Blader hasn't been too active of late. Most of us are deciding on vet builds and gearing vet characters. I've dipped into BwB but it's really only been solo. Otherwise, I've mostly been farming vMA which is more or less cancer.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am decidedly NOT weak minded, and I want to participate positively in BWB.

I admit I have not been playing much in BwB. I come in for an hour or two before I head to bed. I pay attention to population and stuff like that. I don't see a problem. DC is such a strong allaince because we are tested at both sides of the map. Of course we will win when population is balanced, unless EP and AD work together.

I have a question for the flip floppers that are sports fans. Do you guys change teams when your team is winning? Or if your team is loosing do you find another team to support?

I want balance too. You can have a noob but give our core DC members back.

This discussion has been closed.