Maintenance for the week of January 30:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – January 30
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – February 1, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – February 1, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)

Barber Shop prices revealed

  • Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭
    but it seems that it has the effect over and over which is : MORE SUBS than non subscribers. This does not excuse the cash shop prices going higher and higher or that ZOS needs the money because they dont get any. No. Most people pay monthly for this game. Monthly for getting strange costumes. Monthly for bugs that have been there for a few years.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/280932/are-you-a-subscriber/p1

    I hope you don't think that proves anything at all apart from "the majority of people who responded to your poll were subscribers". I was under the impression it was pretty well known fact that forum-goers are a tiny percentage of total players for any game ever, let alone MMO's.

    If you really think in a Buy to Play game the majority of players (let alone a "vast majority") are also FURTHER paying a subscription... well... I've got some magic beans to sell you and I assure you they're not made of jelly.

    No it doesnt prove completely but it does show where it is going. I have a lot of friends that dont use the forum, are hardcore players and subscribe since day 1.

    Anecdotal evidence is not hard fact.

    Also, I'm glad race change is at its listed price. To be honest, I wish it was higher. If it was any cheaper people would be changing their race for the FOTM, or more like Flavor of the Day.
    Edited by Kronuxx on July 27, 2016 10:08PM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kronuxx wrote: »
    but it seems that it has the effect over and over which is : MORE SUBS than non subscribers. This does not excuse the cash shop prices going higher and higher or that ZOS needs the money because they dont get any. No. Most people pay monthly for this game. Monthly for getting strange costumes. Monthly for bugs that have been there for a few years.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/280932/are-you-a-subscriber/p1

    I hope you don't think that proves anything at all apart from "the majority of people who responded to your poll were subscribers". I was under the impression it was pretty well known fact that forum-goers are a tiny percentage of total players for any game ever, let alone MMO's.

    If you really think in a Buy to Play game the majority of players (let alone a "vast majority") are also FURTHER paying a subscription... well... I've got some magic beans to sell you and I assure you they're not made of jelly.

    No it doesnt prove completely but it does show where it is going. I have a lot of friends that dont use the forum, are hardcore players and subscribe since day 1.

    Anecdotal evidence is not hard fact.

    Also, I'm glad race change is at its listed price. To be honest, I wish it was higher. If it was any cheaper people would be changing their race for the FOTM, or more like Flavor of the Day.

    I can switch characters and do the same, what's this issue with fotm? Jealousy? Inferiority? It's fotm because it works, balance the passives and your point is gone.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think this is absolutely INSANE! Zenimax is FORCING people to buy this and asking people to have atleast 5-10k crowns available when the Update 11 hits. A $20 DLC just turned into a $100 DLC...

    This is not some limited edition mount in the crown store.. This is something we all feel like we need. Majority of players starting out made a mistake choosing a race that's not the best for that certain class. Majority of players wants to change the look of the our characters because we've had them for 1-2 years.

    I feel sorry for people that don't have the means to spend $50-$100 on fluff.

    This is GREED. I'm usually on Zenimax's side. But this absurd and extremely disappointing.

    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

    Well no you don't HAVE to follow the "meta" so you don't HAVE to change race, no one is forcing you to do it. If the race you picked was really that terrible, you would have rerolled a new character by now. This is why you look things up when making your first character :wink: After you've got a hang of the game though I really don't see the point of changing race, because you would already know what works well with what. Appearance change is fine though 1k crowns is what you would pay for a costume, I don't think its overpriced. Name change is a bit too high for my tastes but hey I can live with it, I only display my gamer tag for simplicity's sake anyway.

    If race change was 500 crowns everyone would just change races every new patch when the meta changes.

    Bottom line is : no one is forcing anyone to do anything its your choice. I don't feel like I need to change race on any character, so don't speak for everyone.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    Crowns are different than tokens?

    So, I'm unable to use my ESO Plus crowns on the character change tokens?

    You use the crowns to buy the tokens.

    Thank you.

    I failed to read the description properly in my blind rage of the single use, 1K fee for changing my characters appearance.

    :(

    1k is what you pay for a costume...! or for experience scrolls or for 2 and a half stacks of repair kits... Its not overpriced... I mean come on if someone can buy a 2.5k mount or a 2k crappy breton costume they can surely afford a 1k appearance change
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually glad that the price is so high for most of those because it prevents it from being used whenever someones precious little snowflake character is slightly changed. If you really dislike your character then just make a new one instead. The only one that I wish was different is the hair style stuff being in the crown store. I feel like that should have just cost gold instead.
    Edited by brandon on July 27, 2016 11:14PM
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    brandon wrote: »
    I'm actually glad that the price is so high for most of those because it prevents it from being used whenever someones precious little snowflake character is slightly changed. If you really dislike your character then just make a new one instead.

    I really don't understand this mentality at all. Why should changing a race be limited? Does it really affect you and your game play? Part of this game, for me, is constantly learning and trying new things with my characters and builds. I do not see progression as a bad thing.

  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once sent a support ticket in asking for a name change and was granted that request. A few months later after they had announced they were working on adding name/race changes i created an Alt and made a spelling mistake in my name. I sent a ticket explaining and asking to change it. I got a reply this time telling me that they do not allow for character name changes despite the fact i was granted one on my main months before.

    Now i know why they changed that policy. £££££
  • Elfbait
    Elfbait
    ✭✭✭
    No word on how much they want for the base game hair pack, but they gave the price for everything else.

    My guess is like 4000 Crowns, since it has 90+ hair styles in it (an 18000 Crown value! ...ahem)

    Whoops, that was just an oversight! The hair style pack containing all hair styles from the base game will be 1000 crowns.
    1000 Crowns for over 90 hair styles works for me, even if the implementation of the feature decidedly does not.
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    So a race or name change is going to cost more than the actual DLC itself, uh? :o

    Seriously, if they would lower their price to something more reasonable, they would make so much more money with crowns.
    It's ridiculous. I for one, will NOT change race or name and I know a few others personally that where hoping to change name or race for at least one of their character. They won't anymore, not at this price.

    Before paying 30$ for a race change to switch a character from magicka to stamina, I will simply re-roll a complete new one. I already have to grind Two-Handed and Bow skills anyway.
    Edited by sluice on July 28, 2016 2:13PM
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

    Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

    Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS screwed the hell out of their cash shop again, too damn high!!!!


    a7fc014bf8488b37d60ed7dc6c76acbff5d3fb7491ff3cbd302a4a9a4743ef14.jpg
  • moonbat
    moonbat
    ✭✭✭
    YIKES, that is a lot. 1000 for an appearance change is reasonable I suppose. 3000 for a race change is pretty high. I expected it to be high, but man, that's a lot. I was hoping it wouldnt be trivial to prevent people changing their race every month, but that is pretty prohibitive.

    What gets me most is 2500 for a name change. Are you *** Kidding me? That is insane. It literally takes nothing in terms of programming on their end. I had plans to rename all my toons to fit a theme, but no thanks. Not at that price.

    It would be great if they introduced some bulk options at least. Like rename your whole account for X amount of crowns. As it stands now, I might not do any of it.

    1000 for appearance change in *entirety* is reasonable. 10$ USD if you only want to change your hair colour is NOT.
  • Blackbird71
    Blackbird71
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS again demonstrates that they have no understanding of micro transactions. If appearance changes had a low, reasonable price (100-200 crowns), I could see myself tweaking the appearance of a few alts once or twice a month each, depending on my mood. ZOS could have their 1000 crowns out of me every 2-3 months. But pricing it at 1000 crowns for a single change? I won't buy this even once. At that price, if I don't like a character's appearance, I'd rather just reroll it.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS again demonstrates that they have no understanding of micro transactions.

    I don't think these are intended to be micro-transactions....

  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am very unhappy about their price decision and that they keep deleting threads concerning this topic, to have only this one, in a register of the forums which doesn't get much attention. They, instead, do never delete other threads about "repeating topics", as "nurf radiant destruction"-threads.
    This is a clear indicator that they want their customers to shut up about this topic and the critics are kept quiet in a desolated area of the forums..

    Players like me (playing ESO since early release), who have been anxiously awaiting this update, are kicked.. I had the best hopes for this game and race change incoming, that was what kept me playing. Now, I'm even thinking about dropping ESO completely and to find sth. else to do.
    The sheer arrogance of players, who come here in this thread, just to express their happiness about the severe limitation of their comrades, who wish a race change for 10 bucks, also makes me very unhappy..

    Good luck ZOS with such policies..

    Edited by Francescolg on July 29, 2016 3:04PM
  • petraeus1
    petraeus1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I think these prices are very sensibly pitched so as to strike a balance between offering the facility for those who feel they need it but not enabling people to change everything each time a minor tweak is made to the game.

    Why would that be a bad thing? Why would ZOS care if people want to change their race 5 times; why would another player care? It does not affect anyone but the player in question themselves, and I do not believe ZOS put the price this high to 'protect' players against themselves (whatever that means in this context: making them spend less?).
    Edited by petraeus1 on July 29, 2016 3:21PM
  • Altercator
    Altercator
    ✭✭✭
    They need to slash a ZERO off the end of everyone of these options.
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's not the prices that make me disappointed, but the fact that there is no way to do little changes like hair color or make up/adornments in game with gold. Why didn't they add a face sculptor like in Skyrim? Maybe as an assistant, at least we won't have to go to the Crown Store each time we want to do a little something about our characters appearance.
    Edited by Neirymn on July 29, 2016 4:49PM
  • Bramble
    Bramble
    ✭✭✭
    This is probably the last time ESO will disappoint me, because I won't be playing the game and won't risk caring a rat's chin whisker about anything they choose to do.

    When the merchant and banker NPC were released, I sensed the writing on the wall, but maintained my subscription on its 6 month renewal plan.

    In other games where I sub, I can infinitely re-do my looks for in-game gold and not a bleemin' fortune of it, either. This game should allow one to alter most of their looks, at least, for in-game currency, especially if you're subscribed.

    I feel ESO doesn't want my subscription any longer. It's a sad thing. I wanted to love this game for years to come. But if this is how they treat the barber shop functionality, can you imagine the upcoming housing costing much less than *real* real estate?

    Making alterations to our characters very affordable or via in-game gold would encourage us to be happier and more invested in them, thus promoting more sales of costumes, mounts, and pets. But extorting 10 bucks for a little re-do of the face or tweaking the height slider? Not only won't I pay that, but I'll stop infusing the game with my money because they're only using it to develop a bigger, pricier cash shop.

    And, no, I don't care if that 10 bucks means you can wipe the slate clean and re-do EVERYTHING, because that's not what I was looking forward to, at ALL. I love so much about all my characters--it was the slightest detail here and there I looked forward to changing.

    Not anymore.

    I don't think I'm even a little surprised by this. Deep down I knew it'd just be more cash bilking and only a "service" for the few whales that ESO has on their hooks.

    This little fishie is turning her nose up at ESO cash shop worms and the barbed steel hidden at the core of this game.

    Edited by Bramble on July 30, 2016 3:36AM
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These prices make me want to give up on this game. Are you kidding me? Next thing you know they will be changing racials so much to try to get you to buy race change tokens... I just really think we should be able to change appearance for in game gold.... you would think the other prices for tokenala would be less expensive... do they want people to actually enjoy this game?
  • aria230
    aria230
    ✭✭
    Really ZOS ...? You saw us desperate and you thought to profit from it? That's a heavy hit to my adoration for you.

    Lemme propose an alien way of going about getting money and keeping your users happy too: If you set the prices high, you will get money to a small percentage of people who like to throw it away or are truly desperate. The truly desperate will buy it once and grumble about it all the way. Probably staining your reputation too.
    If you set the prices low, you are offering set item for a larger percentage of people. That means you getting a little less money from ...say... 90% (that percentage because we know the rich people are the minority in this world) of the server. Just saying, 5 people giving you 1000$ is nothing compared to 500 people giving you 200$. Not only this but due to the nature of the product, those 90% will buy it again and again over the course of months, years, however long this game lasts. Making it expensive, people will just look at the large number in fear, buy it once for necessity and will be reluctant to do so again in the near future.

    As a mmorpg player coming from other games that offer this type of mechanic for free, I feel the price is too much and not to mention hindering your income. Believe it or not, I DO want you to get rich. The most prominent reason why I love this game is because it's creators and mangers care about it, so I want them to be rich.

    But hey, don't believe me, believe the statistics. As soon as you released the prices you saw this type of comments on the forum:
    "Well, I wanted to race change my bosmer, Khajiit and dunmer, and change the appearance of my breton but since it's so pricey, I'm not gonna do that anymore." <- money lost. It's the same for me, because I'm desperate to change the appearance of my Khajiit, I will buy ONE appearance change token. And nothing else. Before I found out what the actual pricing was, I was making plans to race-change my bosmer into a breton and my orc into an Argonian. And I would have probably changed the appearance again after a month. Some players like to change it after a week even.

    Sry to see you losing money like this ZOS...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aria230 wrote: »
    Sry to see you losing money like this ZOS...

    I think that a lot of people are misunderstanding the situation here.

    I do not think the Style Parlor is intended to be bringing in a lot of revenue. I think the prices are artificially high, done deliberately, and with full knowledge that they will sell fewer of them at those prices. Why? Reasons.

    In the end, there will be people who buy these tokens and change their characters. Some will spend 1000 Crowns to tweak a few things. More will spend 1000 Crowns to buy the Hair Pack. A few will even spend the 3500 Crowns to do it all. That is probably going to be exactly what ZOS is expecting.

    The pricing is about control, not revenue.

  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't search for through all these pages, of course, but according to the text:
    Appearance Change Tokens: These tokens allow for complete modification of one character's appearance, including but not limited to hair styles and colors, adornments, face and body markings, facial features, eye color, age, body and face shape, as well as selected voice and even gender. One Appearance Change Token can be purchased for 1000 crowns.

    Race Change Tokens: These tokens grant you everything the Appearance Change Tokens do, plus the ability to change one character's race to one available for that character and account. Those that have the Explorer's Pack will be able to choose any race from any alliance; otherwise, you can choose any race from your chosen alliance. You'll be able to purchase one Race Change Token for 3000 crowns
    The Race Change Tokens is a combo of both abilities, the race changing -AND- the appearance changing.

    Well... If I'm already satisfied and/or I don't bother to change my visuals (and in the confirmation case of impossibility), won't I have access to a cheaper version, to exclusively change my race?

    If one is 1000 Crowns and the other 3000 Crowns, the common sense tells me that a version for exclusively to change my race would be 2000 Crowns, right?

    Still extremely expensive considering we would be paying to react the apparent incapacity of the company to truly balance all classes but still, it's a stab in the back that we could recover quickly.
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If no one buys any of this overpriced stuff, then perhaps ZOS will lower the prices.
    However, I predict there are plenty of people silly enough to spend 30 bucks on a race change, so prices will stay as they are.

    (I've decided to be a nicer person on the internet. Feel free to replace "silly" with the derogatory term of your choice.)
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

    My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • TrueGreenSmoker
    TrueGreenSmoker
    ✭✭✭
    Might aswell buy a character slot and lvl up a stam sorc wanted to make my DC Mag Sorc High Elf a stam sorc with a stam race.. prices are crazy...

    PS4 - NA - CP 859+
    #1 Magicka Sorc - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen
    #2 Magicka DK - AD - Dark Elf - Vampire - Flamy Burnin Alot
    #3 Magicka Temp - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen Temp
    #4 Magicka NB - AD - Breton - Vampire - Magic of the Night
    #5 Magicka Sorc - DC - High Elf - Vampire - High Old Elf
    #6 Stamina Sorc - EP - Orc - Normal - Original Herbalist
    #7 Stamina NB - AD - Redguard - Vampire - Gank and Blaze
    #8 Magicka DK - EP - Argonian - Vamp - Flamy-Tail

    PS4 - EU - CP 249
    #1 Magicka Temp - DC - Breton - Normal - Mary Healer Jane
    #2 Magicka Sorc - DC High Elf - Normal - Baked Wizard of DC

    Playing on PS4 NA
    media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgl7fwlj61ro2d43.gif
  • natewook
    natewook
    ✭✭✭
    gard wrote: »
    If no one buys any of this overpriced stuff, then perhaps ZOS will lower the prices.
    However, I predict there are plenty of people silly enough to spend 30 bucks on a race change, so prices will stay as they are.

    (I've decided to be a nicer person on the internet. Feel free to replace "silly" with the derogatory term of your choice.)

    well, i for one will not buy any of the overpriced stuff until they lower the prices. i mean think about it, player housing is right around the corner. if ESO keeps on overpricing like this, only a select few with the cash to spend on it will have houses wile everyone else will have nothing or if not small apartments.
    btw I've seen this type of housing in in other MMOS (such as aion online).... it doesn't work out well.
    Edited by natewook on August 1, 2016 3:42PM
    sometimes I'll take subjects to far and ask for an arm, leg and maybe an eye, please be patent with me.
    remember this thread people: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/193736/should-eso-turn-up-the-heat-aka-gore-revisited/p1
    necromancer? why I've neve- I would never do such a thing! XD
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Race change should be very expensive, IMO.

    But appearance change? They should have done something like SWTOR did, where tiny changes cost less than big changes. If all I want to do is make a character who looks like she's frowning all the time look a little less frowny, that seems like something I should be able to do for less than a thousand crowns.

    One more point, however, and this is a big one deserving of the all-caps-and-bold-font-thing, THOSE OF US WHO COULD NOT ZOOM IN ON OUR CHARACTERS IN CHARACTER CREATION AT LAUNCH SHOULD GET FREE TOKENS FOR THOSE CHARACTERS. There has to be a way for them to tell which characters go all the way back to the first week, right?

    Nothing should be very expensive.. they brainwashed you.

    Oh yes it should, because race change is pandering to the min/maxers who are a pox on communities. Easy race change radically increases the chances that you won't be allowed into groups because you chose your race based on what you wanted to play rather than on what the meta insists are best. At least if it's expensive you're a little less likely to be expected to do it by people who think min/maxing is the only way to play.

    Race change should be something you do because you're really serious about it, not willy-nilly--at least in a good game.

    You really should play with a better class of players.

    I don't think I've ever been denied a group because of my toon's <whatever>. But even if I have been, that's ok because I don't want to associate with anyone that petty, anyway!
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

    My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Weird how some people agree to these prices. I have money to buy these things but I put a halt on my spending. I am not going to support these crazy prices. I can live with the same hair, mount, race, and the same clothing I have now.

    I feel for the players that don't have money. The ones that play this game casually and attend school full time. Just the other day a friend of mind asked me if there was a way to win a pet in the game? I told her I don't think there is, and I know she don't have the money to buy one.

    I just want to give a vision of why the cost should be cheaper. I will use gas prices in the US as an example:

    Gas Prices:

    a) $2.00 per gallon = people were happy with the price and didn't care or track how much money they spent on gas.

    b) $3.50 per gallon = the poor people quit driving, started riding with friends to work. The other people cried about how much they paid for gas.

    c) $4.50 per gallon = economy crashes. Only rich people drove around, some people were running out of gas during their transit. People were riding the bus or bike to work.

    In the ESO world right now we are at (C) only the rich are buying things. We need to reduce the prices to (A) make it affordable for everyone.

    #Emily4President


    If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Weird how some people agree to these prices. I have money to buy these things but I put a halt on my spending. I am not going to support these crazy prices. I can live with the same hair, mount, race, and the same clothing I have now.

    I feel for the players that don't have money. The ones that play this game casually and attend school full time. Just the other day a friend of mind asked me if there was a way to win a pet in the game? I told her I don't think there is, and I know she don't have the money to buy one.

    I just want to give a vision of why the cost should be cheaper. I will use gas prices in the US as an example:

    Gas Prices:

    a) $2.00 per gallon = people were happy with the price and didn't care or track how much money they spent on gas.

    b) $3.50 per gallon = the poor people quit driving, started riding with friends to work. The other people cried about how much they paid for gas.

    c) $4.50 per gallon = economy crashes. Only rich people drove around, some people were running out of gas during their transit. People were riding the bus or bike to work.

    In the ESO world right now we are at (C) only the rich are buying things. We need to reduce the prices to (A) make it affordable for everyone.

    #Emily4President
    61529899.jpg
    Edited by Leogon on August 1, 2016 4:45PM
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gard wrote: »
    However, I predict there are plenty of people silly enough to spend 30 bucks on a race change, so prices will stay as they are.
    I predict that you will be right about your prediction.
Sign In or Register to comment.