The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Barber Shop prices revealed

• Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kinda feel like dlc aside nothing in the game should cost over 1500crowns they'd sell so much more if they'd lock the price limit at 1500crowns I mean one 15 $ buy is a months sub back when it was pay to play but I'd rather spend 4000 crowns on tons of stuff that adds up than a lame mount reskin or a terribly ugly clipping costume. I'd rather change several characters races for 6k crowns but 3k a peice no just no lost all interest I'd rather just get hair cuts
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    I had several changes planned. But seeing these prices, I've scrapped all but one. Good job, you just lost revenue.

^ This. ^

I had two characters with maxed mounts waiting to be changed. I tested the changes I wanted to make to them on the PTS until I was satisfied, then I would know what tokens I needed.

On seeing this pricing, I deleted both of them. Even though they had maxed mounts. It's only game money. However, as a retired older lady, my real money has to be spent wisely and carefully.

Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit believes there is an old saying that is applicable here:

Shooting oneself in the tail in order to spite the ears.

The money department they shoot the tail and so the ears of the dev department they hurt.

The world it is good yes but in order to make shiny gold the business department they also make bad feelings among the people of Tamriel. Thus hurting the world and the devs and ultimately themselves.

Khajiit will resume drinking now.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will keep my 4 bretons, and even now i do not want to change my khajit templar (which i was eagerly waiting to change)
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 27, 2016 10:53AM
  • snakester320
    snakester320
    ✭✭✭✭
    petraeus1 wrote: »
    Aeladiir wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/S5-t8WSQafM

Appearance Change: 1000 tokens each => you need to buy atleast 1500 crowns (13 €)
    Race Change: 3000 tokens each => you need to buy 3000 crowns (21 €)
    Name Change: 2500 tokens each => you need to buy 3000 crowns (21 €)
    Hair styles: 200+

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/07/26/update-11-guide-eso-style-parlor
    Am I only one who feels that this is, like, kind of overpriced? Even as an ESO Plus member, I feel like this would be a huge waste of crowns and money. I mean, okay, I might be able to understand why you don't want people to change their races all the time, but why would you do that for names and appearance? I'm sure I wasn't the only one who wanted to perfect his current characters with the help of the style parlour, but I don't think I'll be making any now.

With these prices, I'm kind of done with barber shop and it's not even come out yet. They teased it on ESO Live for months, now it only feels like a mindless cash-grab instead of a welcome feature.

You're not the only one, but at the same time these prices do not surprise me.

ZOS has shown they will put anything cosmetic in the Crown Store: costumes, mounts, pets (all for continually increasing prices), now dyes and the barber shop too. When they put a motif in the game, it's increasingly a grind to get that motif: they split it in pages, the pages in fragments, the style materials in other fragments and they put everything behind daily quests in a DLC zone. Or you buy it from the Crown Store.

I exaggerate perhaps, but only slightly. Character customization for me is a major part of playing any RPG. But in ESO it's turned out to be ZOS' cash cow. That takes the fun out of it entirely.

If the game were F2P with free content updates I'd keep my mouth shut, but given the fact nothing comes for free in this game, except for the bugs and crashes, I am disappointed, though again, not surprised.
    Its the only way this game keeps going seriously anyone that would pay a sub for this mess has issues!! Like EA they dont care you dont pay sub/buy crown store crap who cares!! SOME IDIOT WILL.. and lets be honest HOW IN GODS NAME IS EA STILL A COMPANY.. beacuse theres always some idiot supporting there crap!! IF everyone stoped subbing and didnt buy stuff out of the crown store it would fail and the game would disappear!!
  • Captain8504
    Captain8504
    ✭✭✭
    The only reason I see that all of the are so expensive is because if everyone on eso would start changing name/race/hair it could possibly crash the servers..so it being a new item, its going to cost more in the beginning. So patience, it'll drop in price in time when it want be so new.
  • Captain8504
    Captain8504
    ✭✭✭
    petraeus1 wrote: »
    Aeladiir wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/S5-t8WSQafM

Appearance Change: 1000 tokens each => you need to buy atleast 1500 crowns (13 €)
    Hair styles: 200+

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/07/26/update-11-guide-eso-style-parlor
    Am I only one who feels that this is, like, kind of overpriced? Even as an ESO Plus member, I feel like this would be a huge waste of crowns and money. I mean, okay, I might be able to understand why you don't want people to change their races all the time, but why would you do that for names and appearance? I'm sure I wasn't the only one who wanted to perfect his current characters with the help of the style parlour, but I don't think I'll be making any now.

With these prices, I'm kind of done with barber shop and it's not even come out yet. They teased it on ESO Live for months, now it only feels like a mindless cash-grab instead of a welcome feature.

You're not the only one, but at the same time these prices do not surprise me.

ZOS has shown they will put anything cosmetic in the Crown Store: costumes, mounts, pets (all for continually increasing prices), now dyes and the barber shop too. When they put a motif in the game, it's increasingly a grind to get that motif: they split it in pages, the pages in fragments, the style materials in other fragments and they put everything behind daily quests in a DLC zone. Or you buy it from the Crown Store.

I exaggerate perhaps, but only slightly. Character customization for me is a major part of playing any RPG. But in ESO it's turned out to be ZOS' cash cow. That takes the fun out of it entirely.

If the game were F2P with free content updates I'd keep my mouth shut, but given the fact nothing comes for free in this game, except for the bugs and crashes, I am disappointed, though again, not surprised.
    Its the only way this game keeps going seriously anyone that would pay a sub for this mess has issues!! Like EA they dont care you dont pay sub/buy crown store crap who cares!! SOME IDIOT WILL.. and lets be honest HOW IN GODS NAME IS EA STILL A COMPANY.. beacuse theres always some idiot supporting there crap!! IF everyone stoped subbing and didnt buy stuff out of the crown store it would fail and the game would disappear!!

Exactly, I mean that's probably the only way that ZOS is getting funds lol they don't make you buy a sub, so they have to turn to alternate alternatives for income to keep the game up and running. It's not cheap to keep a server farm up 100% of the time.
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my frined bought the game 35 euro whole game:D...now will paya 21 euro just to change race???? whoaaaaa

it is like u buy a car 1000 euro then pay for gas 750 euro every time:D
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is probably a testing ground for TES6's microtransaction powered chargen.
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is absolutely INSANE! Zenimax is FORCING people to buy this...

Huh?

Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but it seems that it has the effect over and over which is : MORE SUBS than non subscribers. This does not excuse the cash shop prices going higher and higher or that ZOS needs the money because they dont get any. No. Most people pay monthly for this game. Monthly for getting strange costumes. Monthly for bugs that have been there for a few years.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/280932/are-you-a-subscriber/p1

I hope you don't think that proves anything at all apart from "the majority of people who responded to your poll were subscribers". I was under the impression it was pretty well known fact that forum-goers are a tiny percentage of total players for any game ever, let alone MMO's.

If you really think in a Buy to Play game the majority of players (let alone a "vast majority") are also FURTHER paying a subscription... well... I've got some magic beans to sell you and I assure you they're not made of jelly.

The majority of all players? No. The majority of active players that are in the game longer than a few weeks? Yes, I can see that. The majority of players likely to be using the style stuff? I can see that, too.

And... speaking of this, where do I sign up for 60 days of ESO Plus for $18?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Caffeinated_Dani
    Caffeinated_Dani
    Soul Shriven
    I said this in the Black Desert forums, and I can't believe I'll have to say it in here:
    When you set lower price of certain things, costumers are more inclined to purchase multiple times. It is common psychology. We are more likely to buy cheap stuff in bulks than we are with very expensive stuff. ZOS you need to have in mind, that the majority of your buyers are players who have multiple characters. I was going to buy crowns for Update 11 thinking that the prices would be reasonable, but now I have to retract until you take us into consideration.
    Oh, and to the people who keep saying: get a job/ get a better job...I have a question for you:
    Do you value your money? because I know I do.
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The majority of all players? No. The majority of active players that are in the game longer than a few weeks? Yes, I can see that. The majority of players likely to be using the style stuff? I can see that, too.

I could understand that line of thinking if ESO was Free to Play, but it's as much as a Paid Title/Buy to Play title like almost every other game in existence... except it's also a MMO so has content added steadily. So I'm not sure the logic of players paying money for a game, playing "a few weeks" then suddenly dropping it... just throwing away cash at that point and surely that many people couldn't pay money for it and hate it that much.

I mean I've only just really finished the base game (1-50, Cadwell's Silver and Gold) after several months of playing, and I play daily for hours at a time just knocking out quests and have barely PvP'd at all, and I like to think I'm going through them faster than most first timers since I read faster than NPC's talk so I'm half-skipping their spoken dialogue and just reading it all. The base game alone, no DLC, took a few months to complete so I'm not sure what these supposed "play for 2 weeks then leave" you're suggesting are? 1-50 story then gone? Not even reaching that?

I know some people throw their disposable income around, sure, but a few weeks is a small percentage of ESO's base game (of course ESO players with alts will speedrun it the 2nd+ time), so I don't get the logic of "anyone who plays longer is probably a sub"... ESO's base game isn't bad by any means and doesn't at all require a sub on top of Buy to Play fee. The kind of person you're suggesting sounds sort of nonsensical, like someone who buys any video game and quits after the 3rd level just because...

Any elaboration would be most welcome, since to be honest "if you've played for more than 2 weeks you're probably a sub" seems kind of nonsense for a paid game. That's how Free to Play games work, they trial/preview and if they stay they probably sub (usually because the non-sub option isn't worth playing).
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I am glad I had no intention of changing my race, name or base appearance 'cos those prices are daylight robbery.

And that is coming from someone who has bought all the mounts and assistants so I don't mind dropping some cash but these rates are just offensive. I feel sorry for people who have been anxiously awaiting this update to 'fix' bad choices on fully leveled characters they don't want to dump.

The most I could see myself doing is maybe grabbing a specific hairstyle that fit a particular look I was trying to get on a character because 200c is not too bad...
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first glance these seem like unreasonable prices:

Appearance Change: 1000 tokens each => you need to buy at least 1500 crowns (13 €)

Maybe even at second glance as well, but I think Name Change should at least be somewhat expensive to prevent players from misbehaving and changing their name to hide their identity. This way players will only change their name if they really want to for "good" reasons.

I'm a little surprised at how much the race change costs though to be honest. Race change comes with an appearance change, so I guess one could look at it as a 2000 crown upgrade to an appearance change? I will probably change my main Bosmer Nightblade to an Altmer because I just like Magicka Nightblade better now, and I want to continue to get achievements and titles on that character. I would think if they made it a 2000 crown purchase they would sell a lot more though.

@ztyhurstub17_ESO someone else pointed out, if race changes were cheap, we'd probably see pseudo-elitests getting really snobby about race picks in pugs. So, that's probably to discourage players from swapping their race to flavor of the week, and expecting the same from others.
    Edited by starkerealm on July 27, 2016 1:30PM
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I said this in the Black Desert forums, and I can't believe I'll have to say it in here:
    When you set lower price of certain things, costumers are more inclined to purchase multiple times. It is common psychology. We are more likely to buy cheap stuff in bulks than we are with very expensive stuff. ZOS you need to have in mind, that the majority of your buyers are players who have multiple characters. I was going to buy crowns for Update 11 thinking that the prices would be reasonable, but now I have to retract until you take us into consideration.
    Oh, and to the people who keep saying: get a job/ get a better job...I have a question for you:

As a commercial outfit, you can be sure that ZoS will have done their homework and will have assessed how much cash they can make out of providing these services. And after having seen how much people will pay for cosmetics like mounts, pets and costumes, I imagine they've set prices accordingly.

There was a time when there was a big debate about the introduction of the Crown Store, that it would detract from developers developing new playable content. Well, those who wanted the Crown Store got their way.

Then there was a debate about changing races. Again, they got their wish. And now you know the price.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nine9six wrote: »
    I think this is absolutely INSANE! Zenimax is FORCING people to buy this...

Huh?

ZOS's armed and armored enforcement squad hasn't shown up at your house yet? No one is holding you at gunpoint to force you to buy this stuff yet? Obviously an oversight on ZOS's part. Better send them the address again.... Yes, that was sarcasm.

You missed TEH DRAMA!!!! and TEH EMPHASIS!!!! that using CAPS is trying to show. If the person who posted that can't get others to realize that totally optional changes are vitally important, those others might not be ready to rent the torches and pitchforks to storm ZOS. Really. When I made my characters I chose what I wanted to play, so no race changes to the flavor of the month. I created names I could live with, so I don't need to change anything like BUTTMUNCHKITTY I saw running around Glenumbra the other day.

I'll look at the hairstyles; maybe that might be worth it for my longest running characters that I've had since early access. But if I don't buy any, I sincerely doubt I'll have ZOS's ninja teams showing up at my door to force me into a purchase.....

• Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The ultimate insult.

This thread has been moved to "The Crown Store" subforum :neutral:
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit she maybe knows why Molag Bal was really willing to return our souls.

He has found another way to obtain them yes? In exchange for the promise of a change of the race or a smaller nose.

Yours with paws - and a soul
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    The ultimate insult.

This thread has been moved to "The Crown Store" subforum :neutral:

Yeah they don't want us in the spotlight. Meh, my complaint was directed towards ZOS anyways.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess this is probably a better subforum for it if we're talking strictly about relevance, but mrhhh. I wish I could see their data that suggests that 2.5k crowns to change a string value (considering console players may have dumb names that they thought would never see the light of day, or poor people with special characters who can never be invited to groups) was going to lead to financial prosperity. Really glad I'm happy with my names.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems a lot of effort is going into silencing the feedback on displeasure with another crown store situation.

At least we can all discuss here:

=Face, hair, make-up, skin, physique should all be in-game gold (less than 20k)

-Crown = name, race, gender (all as one token, not broken up) 500 crowns max per token
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • thestampede38
    They don't surprise me at all because I and I assume multitudes of people have ask for this and they thought"Hey lets get as much a we can out of them" I put a ticket in in May and June to change race and they said no and have no plans to
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think these prices are very sensibly pitched so as to strike a balance between offering the facility for those who feel they need it but not enabling people to change everything each time a minor tweak is made to the game.
  • thestampede38
    Hi ZOS
    Will you please lower the prices on the race change or offer a crown sale before that? I feel like the crown sale will be very beneficial if you don't lower the prices!
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The people who think it is Zos's job to prevent mass switching of race with any re-balancing are wrong. That is "control how others play" type of behavior.
    Xbox NA
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At first glance these seem like unreasonable prices:

Appearance Change: 1000 tokens each => you need to buy at least 1500 crowns (13 €)

Maybe even at second glance as well, but I think Name Change should at least be somewhat expensive to prevent players from misbehaving and changing their name to hide their identity. This way players will only change their name if they really want to for "good" reasons.

I'm a little surprised at how much the race change costs though to be honest. Race change comes with an appearance change, so I guess one could look at it as a 2000 crown upgrade to an appearance change? I will probably change my main Bosmer Nightblade to an Altmer because I just like Magicka Nightblade better now, and I want to continue to get achievements and titles on that character. I would think if they made it a 2000 crown purchase they would sell a lot more though.

@ztyhurstub17_ESO someone else pointed out, if race changes were cheap, we'd probably see pseudo-elitests getting really snobby about race picks in pugs. So, that's probably to discourage players from swapping their race to flavor of the week, and expecting the same from others.

Not sure who the "pseudo-elitests getting really snobby about race picks" are. I have never played with anyone that cared one way or the other, and I play with some pretty hard core players. If groups I run with are going to do any screening it is more by user names of people we trust to have proper gear, do their job well, and know the mechanics of the fight than what race they are rolling.

Ideally we should get 1 free race change per account with all the changes to passives and classes that have been done since the game launched. I know people that rolled a race at launch later to have the reason they rolled it "nerfed" or learn more about the game and realize the mistake they made and have to live with it because they already had so much game progress on the character (like my Bosmer Magi-blade).

I'm sure ZOS won't do it, but I would love to see the statistics of how many race changes there are and what becomes the most popular and least popular races after race change becomes available.
    Edited by kojou on July 27, 2016 4:02PM
    Playing since beta...
  • Caffeinated_Dani
    Caffeinated_Dani
    Soul Shriven

As a commercial outfit, you can be sure that ZoS will have done their homework and will have assessed how much cash they can make out of providing these services. And after having seen how much people will pay for cosmetics like mounts, pets and costumes, I imagine they've set prices accordingly.

There was a time when there was a big debate about the introduction of the Crown Store, that it would detract from developers developing new playable content. Well, those who wanted the Crown Store got their way.

Then there was a debate about changing races. Again, they got their wish. And now you know the price.

This differs greatly from when Crown store was first introduced. We are talking about how outrageous these prices are. Furthermore, looking back at some of the "decisions" they have made, it is very doubtful they have done any homework at all. So far, most of the decisions they have made has been catered towards players who only come to the game once a new DLC is introduced and then leave once they finish it. We are talking about loyal and existing subscribers who constantly pay monthly subs, constantly buy crowns whenever they release new items. Yes there is a portion who has bought 40 dollar mounts, but most of those people already had crowns to spare from subbing for a long time. Yes, we did ask for the ability to change race, names and appearance, but we didn't ask to worth as much as a DLC.
    Edited by Caffeinated_Dani on July 27, 2016 4:21PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I could understand that line of thinking if ESO was Free to Play, but it's as much as a Paid Title/Buy to Play title like almost every other game in existence... except it's also a MMO so has content added steadily. So I'm not sure the logic of players paying money for a game, playing "a few weeks" then suddenly dropping it... just throwing away cash at that point and surely that many people couldn't pay money for it and hate it that much.

I mean I've only just really finished the base game (1-50, Cadwell's Silver and Gold) after several months of playing, and I play daily for hours at a time just knocking out quests and have barely PvP'd at all, and I like to think I'm going through them faster than most first timers since I read faster than NPC's talk so I'm half-skipping their spoken dialogue and just reading it all. The base game alone, no DLC, took a few months to complete so I'm not sure what these supposed "play for 2 weeks then leave" you're suggesting are? 1-50 story then gone? Not even reaching that?

I know some people throw their disposable income around, sure, but a few weeks is a small percentage of ESO's base game (of course ESO players with alts will speedrun it the 2nd+ time), so I don't get the logic of "anyone who plays longer is probably a sub"... ESO's base game isn't bad by any means and doesn't at all require a sub on top of Buy to Play fee. The kind of person you're suggesting sounds sort of nonsensical, like someone who buys any video game and quits after the 3rd level just because...

Any elaboration would be most welcome, since to be honest "if you've played for more than 2 weeks you're probably a sub" seems kind of nonsense for a paid game. That's how Free to Play games work, they trial/preview and if they stay they probably sub (usually because the non-sub option isn't worth playing).

I never said "2 weeks", I said "a few weeks".

The majority of active players that are in the game longer than a few weeks? Yes, I can see that.

Once we get past the people who are just in the game to "conquer" it, leave, and never return (Firor's "hardcore" gamer), and those who discover that they are not interested in the game, a few weeks have passed. They have been playing long enough to decide they like the game. If they are trying to conquer it, they aren't being very aggressive about it. If they hate it, I am not sure why they are still here. If they like the game, they are going to add it to their regular, or periodic, play list.

In this group, I expect to see an increase in ESO Plus subscriptions. Not much of a revelation. These are the longer term players that intend to be around for a while, in one form or another. Among these players, I would not be surprised at a majority (50.1%+) of players using ESO Plus, either continuously or on-and-off. These are the players that have the most to gain from ESO Plus while they are playing and are engaged enough with the game to find value in a subscription to a "free to play" game.

It is from this group of players that the forum draws people who vote in polls. This is why 80% of the people voting in one poll are happy with the game and why 80% of the people voting in another thread subscribe to ESO Plus.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Gwythyr
    Gwythyr
    ✭✭
    I wish there was a option to buy a bundle pack that would allow you to either change all your character's races or appearance.
    Server: EU PSN
    Champion Points: 502

AD - Breton Sorceror
    EB - Templar Bosmer
    DC - Altmer Dragonknight
    AD - Khajiit Nightblade
    AD - Khajiit Templar
    DC - Dunmer Sorceror
    AD - Khajiit Warden