The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you a subscriber?

CherryCake
CherryCake
✭✭✭✭✭
Just that. I dont care since when you do it, I am just curious how many people are actually subscribed.
I made the poll anonymous, but I would love it if you would state the reason why you are either subscribed or not.
Edited by CherryCake on July 26, 2016 8:32AM
I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie

Are you a subscriber? 395 votes

Yes.
78% 309 votes
No.
21% 86 votes
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes - because I realized I pay ZOS more money by buying crowns xD plus the crafting bag is probably the best thing they implemented in game since...well ever.
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I'm an ESO Plus subscriber. Since I enjoy playing the game I thought I would do my part in helping to keep the servers up and routine maintenance to keep things in order.

It cost money to do stuffs like that and I'm just doing my part.
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be a subscriber if they provided the option to pay for it with Steam wallet.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes - because I realized I pay ZOS more money by buying crowns xD plus the crafting bag is probably the best thing they implemented in game since...well ever.

^^ exactly THIS ^^
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vipstaakki wrote: »
    I would be a subscriber if they provided the option to pay for it with Steam wallet.

Oh I dont know how it works on pc :( dont you guys buy it from the crown store? In PS4 they send us from the crown store to the ps store and there we basically buy it and it renews every month.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Cancelled my sub in the middle of the cheat-exploit-wars due to the absolute lack of adequate response or meaningful communication by ZOS, along with other reasons that had already been nagging me. I'm playing out the remainder of my ESO+ time but find myself logging in less and less and I'm increasingly doubtful that I'll feel inclined to resub.
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I dont know how it works on pc :( dont you guys buy it from the crown store? In PS4 they send us from the crown store to the ps store and there we basically buy it and it renews every month.

No. You have to either provide banking or credit card information one way or another. Which i am not going to provide.
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    Nope. Cancelled my sub in the middle of the cheat-exploit-wars due to the absolute lack of adequate response or meaningful communication by ZOS, along with other reasons that had already been nagging me. I'm playing out the remainder of my ESO+ time but find myself logging in less and less and I'm increasingly doubtful that I'll feel inclined to resub.

Hello there Sir! xDDD <3 Remember we were arguing about this? You said me buying crowns instead of being subscribed was supporting a bad system, and I told you it doesnt even matter because even as a subscriber you can unsubscribe anytime just like you can stop buying crowns, and while one unsubscribes another one will and look at us... you unsubscribed and I subscribed!!! xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
  • Drakoleon
    Drakoleon
    ✭✭✭✭
    No i unsub last month because its not smart to pay for a broken game
  • logosloki
    logosloki
    ✭✭✭
    The Craft Bag. It is amazing, practically criminal that they haven't made craft bag lite into a crown store item. The 10% research trait is nice too (71 days instead of 78 days to research one item to 9).
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes... i have the 6 month option. recently re-subbed after taking a break to play fallout 4.

as said above its about supporting the game and the sub works out at less than a pound a day - where else could i get such good entertainment at such a low price?
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. You have to either provide banking or credit card information one way or another. Which i am not going to provide.

Wth? You cant use paypal?
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I'm an ESO Plus subscriber. Since I enjoy playing the game I thought I would do my part in helping to keep the servers up and routine maintenance to keep things in order.

This is exactly why I stayed subscribed, even before I knew crafting bags were coming. I believe in supporting the game
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakoleon wrote: »
    No i unsub last month because its not smart to pay for a broken game

There I agree with you, I wont stay subscribed forever either, for example now I am at a time when I dont feel like playing the game anymore that much again, but I am curious what they will do with the barber shop etc, maybe later I will move to FF14 for a few months.
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »

This is exactly why I stayed subscribed, even before I knew crafting bags were coming. I believe in supporting the game

True, but you can also do that with crowns... there are games that are not even buy to play or subscription based and they are still around.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello there Sir! xDDD <3 Remember we were arguing about this? You said me buying crowns instead of being subscribed was supporting a bad system, and I told you it doesnt even matter because even as a subscriber you can unsubscribe anytime just like you can stop buying crowns, and while one unsubscribes another one will and look at us... you unsubscribed and I subscribed!!! xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Hey there. Glad to see you're enjoying yourself. Mind you, I don't actively wish ESO any harm. I just got pushed over a line and I sincerely doubt ZOS' ability to fix serious issues with the game. I can't justify validating their development choices by subscribing right now, and as I probably said then, if I'm not subbing, I'm not playing.
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to have everything unlocked
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not yet, because of the cost of subscription, which is too high for me in my country. Awaiting time when it's lowered at least to a level of swtor for specific regions or countries. For some people $15 is just 3 beers, for me that's 20 beers, and a real difference. Also playing without subscription isn't so bad, it's just lack of access to cosmetics, better looking mounts, dlcs, imperial city and some trials. Ah and crafting bags. Experience gain isn't important since new training trait available for everyone. I can live without all these. There is still a lot of content available just for base game players, and for this I'm grateful. However I think about subbing for single month, just to get the Guar mount for "free" crowns and try all the features in this time...
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey there. Glad to see you're enjoying yourself. Mind you, I don't actively wish ESO any harm. I just got pushed over a line and I sincerely doubt ZOS' ability to fix serious issues with the game. I can't justify validating their development choices by subscribing right now, and as I probably said then, if I'm not subbing, I'm not playing.

Dont worry I know that! And I totally agree with you :)
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Not yet, because of the cost of subscription, which is too high for me in my country. Awaiting time when it's lowered at least to a level of swtor for specific regions or countries. For some people $15 is just 3 beers, for me that's 20 beers, and a real difference. Also playing without subscription isn't so bad, it's just lack of access to cosmetics, better looking mounts, dlcs, imperial city and some trials. Ah and crafting bags. Experience gain isn't important since new training trait available for everyone. I can live without all these. There is still a lot of content available just for base game players, and for this I'm grateful. However I think about subbing for single month, just to get the Guar mount for "free" crowns and try all the features in this time...

I wish ZOS would look into that and make the price lower for a monthly subscription in places where it costs that much :(... unfortunately I dont see them doing that ever... But just like you said it, it isnt so bad, its actually not bad at all. I have all the dlcs now and honestly? I am not even playing them. The main quest is more than enough, especially for altoholics ;___;
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2 words craft bags
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is my only hobby at this time, I fine paying for it.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like it, I sub to support it
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it, I sub to support it

Well if you like it than you should have put a ring on it...

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh ohhhhh

lelelelelelel plz dont hate me :'(
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes... because I was buying crowns all the time and spending a fortune, and the crafting bag is awesome!

I love this game and am happy to support it either by buying crowns or subbing - but subbing works out cheaper with more benefit for me!
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will be subbing next patch, because my inventory is becoming a nightmare to manage with all the things I'm picking up and I want to dye all the things!
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • josefcifkaeb17_ESO
    josefcifkaeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, since crafting bag came out... Untill then I was planning to buy each DLC.
    Apart from being a part of ESO + crafting bag should have been a perk one could unlock in the crowns store for 5k crowns...

By adding things like crafting bag, costume dyeing and I'm sure that soon even more, they are making it very uncomfortable for people that want simply to buy DLC's... I don't get why those features can't also be unlockable in the store...

(つ -‘ _ ‘- )つ ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subbed since day one, and have no intention of un-subbing anytime soon.

I get way too much entertainment value from such a small amount of money per month.

I like having everything unlocked, the crafting bag is AWESOME, I wish to support the game I love playing, and I get plenty of crowns to drop on any incidentals that strike my fancy. (Although I have, at times, purchased crowns packs to pick up some of the shinier bits here and there!)

Can't really go wrong with a sub... So much fun for just .50 a day! :sunglasses:
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, since crafting bag came out... Untill then I was planning to buy each DLC.
    Apart from being a part of ESO + crafting bag should have been a perk one could unlock in the crowns store for 5k crowns...

By adding things like crafting bag, costume dyeing and I'm sure that soon even more, they are making it very uncomfortable for people that want simply to buy DLC's... I don't get why those features can't also be unlockable in the store...

Because...at the beginning the game was subscription based, then they removed the sub to play, only later on realizing they did a huge mistake. Now they cant just go back to making the game subscription based or people will be confused as hell and feel the instability of the company so they want to ACT as if the game requires no subscription to play, which is true...its true, however, they will gradually make it in the way that you will need a subscription in the end to even do the most basic things, BUT have the status of saying "Well you dont need to subscribe to play", you dont, but you will not get most of the things that in the end make a lot of difference.

Its not a bad thing in the end, as subscribing is a lot cheaper than using the crown store, so players also benefit from it, but it is a bad thing showing that in the end Zos doesnt really know what they are doing, we`ve had proof of this multiple times.

To be fair, the game probably would do a lot better if it would have stayed subscription only. So...bad decision ZOS, maybe come clean about it instead of making the products in the crown store more and more expensive and things such as "dye packs" or however they are called so limited. Come clean, say you want the game to be subscription based again and we will all benefit from it. Its an mmo. Most of them out there are sub based.
    Edited by CherryCake on July 26, 2016 11:13AM
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes... because I was buying crowns all the time and spending a fortune, and the crafting bag is awesome!

I love this game and am happy to support it either by buying crowns or subbing - but subbing works out cheaper with more benefit for me!

Hello BomblePants ^___^!!! True, same here. I realized I spend a lot of money on crowns in the end, so subbing is definitely cheaper, as I receive crowns there too, plus all the other benefits!