The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Barber Shop prices revealed

• silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    senhavran wrote: »
    I'm not upset about the price but they should have added a "barber" NPC to the game to change our make up, hair style and color, things you could actually change by going to a "barber shop" (not sex, voice, etc) and make it cost in game gold, it could have added a bit more life and immersion to ESO.

Hair/face/body is like current costume/collection setup
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • L2Pissue
    L2Pissue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    these prices are a joke... why not make the price of name change 110000 crowns? because you can.
    it has been scientifically and morally proven that selling an item for 110000 crowns nets more profits than selling the same item for 2500 crowns
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And another grave disappointment. I mean, I am okay with the race change price... that one was supposed to be pricey. But... they -really- should have spent more thought on the rest...

The appereance change -would- have been okay - had there been a actual "barber" where you could make "everyday" changes like getting a haircut or changing your jewlery for gold. For a "Plastic Sorceror" to redesign your characters face, 1000 crowns would be all right. For getting one of the new hairstyles? Nope!
    (and worse, from what I saw there, you pay for the attempt... no "play around with sliders, and pay when satisfied", but you pay to play around, and have paid even if you find that the new options you thought about were no real improvement... and you would rather abort the attempt then pay the price...)

And the name change... that one is a insult, plain and simple. Most other games I ever played had that one between 500 and 1000 of equivalent cashstore currency, but nooo, ESO has to charge extra...

If the prices had been more reasonable, I probably would have spent lots and lots on the style parlor. Like this... I will be -very- reluctant to make much in the way of changes...
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've uh... got a few characters which need new names, but at that price I may just re-roll the characters...
    Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother
  • Drakoleon
    Drakoleon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you "OK" with 3k for race change??? Great !!! The new ESO special edition with all DLCs included will come out at 59.99!
    Do the math.....
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aeladiir wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/S5-t8WSQafM

Appearance Change: 1000 tokens each => you need to buy atleast 1500 crowns (13 €)
    Race Change: 3000 tokens each => you need to buy 3000 crowns (21 €)
    Name Change: 2500 tokens each => you need to buy 3000 crowns (21 €)
    Hair styles: 200+

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/07/26/update-11-guide-eso-style-parlor
    Am I only one who feels that this is, like, kind of overpriced? Even as an ESO Plus member, I feel like this would be a huge waste of crowns and money. I mean, okay, I might be able to understand why you don't want people to change their races all the time, but why would you do that for names and appearance? I'm sure I wasn't the only one who wanted to perfect his current characters with the help of the style parlour, but I don't think I'll be making any now.

With these prices, I'm kind of done with barber shop and it's not even come out yet. They teased it on ESO Live for months, now it only feels like a mindless cash-grab instead of a welcome feature.

Well if you scroll down on page the are offer Packs & Bundles which in long run will be alot cheaper but question is how many token do get in Name and Race Change Bundles deal. beside some off those price is understand the point is that we are go to change name all time or race beside i get in future we will get discount deal on Name and Race Change every other MMO that have cash shop in there game.
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    petraeus1 wrote: »
    Aeladiir wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/S5-t8WSQafM

Appearance Change: 1000 tokens each => you need to buy atleast 1500 crowns (13 €)
    Race Change: 3000 tokens each => you need to buy 3000 crowns (21 €)
    Name Change: 2500 tokens each => you need to buy 3000 crowns (21 €)
    Hair styles: 200+

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/07/26/update-11-guide-eso-style-parlor
    Am I only one who feels that this is, like, kind of overpriced? Even as an ESO Plus member, I feel like this would be a huge waste of crowns and money. I mean, okay, I might be able to understand why you don't want people to change their races all the time, but why would you do that for names and appearance? I'm sure I wasn't the only one who wanted to perfect his current characters with the help of the style parlour, but I don't think I'll be making any now.

With these prices, I'm kind of done with barber shop and it's not even come out yet. They teased it on ESO Live for months, now it only feels like a mindless cash-grab instead of a welcome feature.

You're not the only one, but at the same time these prices do not surprise me.

ZOS has shown they will put anything cosmetic in the Crown Store: costumes, mounts, pets (all for continually increasing prices), now dyes and the barber shop too. When they put a motif in the game, it's increasingly a grind to get that motif: they split it in pages, the pages in fragments, the style materials in other fragments and they put everything behind daily quests in a DLC zone. Or you buy it from the Crown Store.

I exaggerate perhaps, but only slightly. Character customization for me is a major part of playing any RPG. But in ESO it's turned out to be ZOS' cash cow. That takes the fun out of it entirely.

If the game were F2P with free content updates I'd keep my mouth shut, but given the fact nothing comes for free in this game, except for the bugs and crashes, I am disappointed, though again, not surprised.

You would think ZoS would give this to us ESO plus members this additional option for free.... but oh no. It can't be. So much for showing loyalty to your players who subscribed to your game.
  • Apocalypse1981
    Apocalypse1981
    ✭✭✭
    They see me re-rolling, they hating!
  • Kaspy
    Kaspy
    ✭✭✭
    It is not just the separate changes that are overprized, many changes will require additional costs. If I want to change a race I will be forced to buy name change too (is apparently a bundle 3500 but still it is punishing players for picking lore friendly racial bound names). The same for gender change - I can change it for 1000 with appearance but will be forced to buy 2500 name change token as well for the same reason as with race (no info on a bundle for those?).
    Additionally race change will often require adventure pack (for me all sensible race change options would) which is an additional 1900. Isn't the 3000 for race change enough that they still ahve to limit it this way?

Anyhow I still believe that ZOS wasted effort on those features. They won't bring them a lot of money as people will cancel planned changes or only use it maybe once on those things they always wanted to change and then stay away from the barber shop forever. And/or most tokens will be bought with the excess of subscription crowns.
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    It might be easier to accept these prices (not that I would ever) if the game worked properly. We have console players told not to go into a dlc they have paid for because they will get stuck, we have dozens of other bugs with are more than six months old - speed movement issue, anyone. To expect people to put up with a broken game and then ask them to pay so much to a name change is, in my opinion, insulting.

It is clear that none of these bugs will fixed and the game is in full cash grab mode to milk customers before they quit due to the bugs.
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a thread earlier yesterday out of my own curiosity, to see how many people actually support the game and how many dont. We obviously cant know the exact amount, there are plenty of members that dont use the forum, but it seems that it has the effect over and over which is : MORE SUBS than non subscribers. This does not excuse the cash shop prices going higher and higher or that ZOS needs the money because they dont get any. No. Most people pay monthly for this game. Monthly for getting strange costumes. Monthly for bugs that have been there for a few years.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/280932/are-you-a-subscriber/p1
    Edited by CherryCake on July 27, 2016 8:02AM
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but it seems that it has the effect over and over which is : MORE SUBS than non subscribers. This does not excuse the cash shop prices going higher and higher or that ZOS needs the money because they dont get any. No. Most people pay monthly for this game. Monthly for getting strange costumes. Monthly for bugs that have been there for a few years.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/280932/are-you-a-subscriber/p1

I hope you don't think that proves anything at all apart from "the majority of people who responded to your poll were subscribers". I was under the impression it was pretty well known fact that forum-goers are a tiny percentage of total players for any game ever, let alone MMO's.

If you really think in a Buy to Play game the majority of players (let alone a "vast majority") are also FURTHER paying a subscription... well... I've got some magic beans to sell you and I assure you they're not made of jelly.

• CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but it seems that it has the effect over and over which is : MORE SUBS than non subscribers. This does not excuse the cash shop prices going higher and higher or that ZOS needs the money because they dont get any. No. Most people pay monthly for this game. Monthly for getting strange costumes. Monthly for bugs that have been there for a few years.

I hope you don't think that proves anything at all apart from "the majority of people who responded to your poll were subscribers". I was under the impression it was pretty well known fact that forum-goers are a tiny percentage of total players for any game ever, let alone MMO's.

If you really think in a Buy to Play game the majority of players (let alone a "vast majority") are also FURTHER paying a subscription... well... I've got some magic beans to sell you and I assure you they're not made of jelly.

No it doesnt prove completely but it does show where it is going. I have a lot of friends that dont use the forum, are hardcore players and subscribe since day 1.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigBragg wrote: »
    Race change is the same price as Orsinium, and name change is the same price as Imperial City. I wounder what the decision making process for pricing new content is?

It's a clever one imho. "Necessary essential" stuff like DLC is cheap, giving everyone the opportunity to buy it, while unnecessary non-essential cosmetic stuff is expensive - allowing the essential stuff to be cheap.

I like that approach. Well done ZOS.

Besides, now that we are back to ESO+ since it has become a good deal with the crafting bag, for most of us these cosmetic things will cost nothing extra. It's just a crown sink for subscribers.

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [I asked who subscribes] to see how many people actually support the game and how many dont.
    This is why there's talk about ESO+ elitism on this forum...
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it doesnt prove completely but it does show where it is going. I have a lot of friends that dont use the forum, are hardcore players and subscribe since day 1.

Not really, your poll has 300 responses and it's pretty jarring to just assume anything about the other thousands/hundreds of thousands/millions of ESO players based on that. Unless you've got hundreds of friends, your view on sub numbers is about as limited as anyone else's.

Sure, ZOS is making subbing more attractive, good on them. But given this WAS a sub-only game that moved away from that model they're not going to revert to sub-only without tanking the game completely, nor completely ignore the rest of the playerbase in favor of subs. See: SWTOR this year for what going "sub only, again" crashing and burning looks like.
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭

The majority of players are buy to play. Most subscription players are vacationers, meaning you sub when hot expansion comes out and un sub when content is trickling or getting old.
    Edited by Kalifas on July 27, 2016 8:21AM
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    [I asked who subscribes] to see how many people actually support the game and how many dont.
    This is why there's talk about ESO+ elitism on this forum...

Nope xD believe me, I am not one of the people that believes you only support the game by subscribing. I think its ***, there are MANY mmos that have decent graphics, decent play story and is free to play requiring not even an optional subscription. I dont believe only eso+ memebers support the game, but everybody else says you dont support it unless you are a subscriber (I wasnt either) so I wanted to see where is it going, expecting less subscriptions but I was completely wrong.
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really, your poll has 300 responses and it's pretty jarring to just assume anything about the other thousands/hundreds of thousands/millions of ESO players based on that. Unless you've got hundreds of friends, your view on sub numbers is about as limited as anyone else's.

Sure, ZOS is making subbing more attractive, good on them. But given this WAS a sub-only game that moved away from that model they're not going to revert to sub-only without tanking the game completely, nor completely ignore the rest of the playerbase in favor of subs. See: SWTOR this year for what going "sub only, again" crashing and burning looks like.

Even when you ask in guilds, many of them are subscribers. You see PLENTY of people even without being subscribers having vanity items. Kids that just start playing for a few weeks sometimes buy dlcs. If a person buys crowns a month for 30dollars its still more than a subscription, the money still gets in game. You cannot tell me ZOS makes no money. Nothing justifies the prices they keep on putting on the crown store.
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalifas wrote: »

The majority of players are buy to play. Most subscription players are vacationers, meaning you sub when hot expansion comes out and un sub when content is trickling or getting old.

And you know this is the majority of the million/s of ESO players because.....?

Isn't a much argued reason for ESO dropping it's sub "because consoles wouldn't allow it, they'd have to pay twice!"? Starting to sound a little paradoxical there, especially since you can still sub on consoles. Now you want me to believe the majority of players, of which a good amount are console players, are paying double "subs" to play? LOL

Some are, sure, but the amount of people just buying the box and playing their heart out (buying DLC if they like) seems a lot higher...
    Edited by Transairion on July 27, 2016 8:27AM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol better off just re-rolling your character.
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalifas wrote: »

And you know this is the majority of the million/s of ESO players because.....?

Isn't a much argued reason for ESO dropping it's sub "because consoles wouldn't allow it, they'd have to pay twice!"? Starting to sound a little paradoxical there, especially since you can still sub on consoles. Now you want me to believe the majority of players, of which a good amount are console players, are paying double "subs" to play? LOL

Some are, sure, but the amount of people just buying the box and playing their heart out (buying DLC if they like) seems a lot higher...

Yeah I am paying double subs to play. I pay for the function of playing online games on PS4 and an ESO subscription. The ps4 sub is only 34dollars a year if I am not mistaken. Games such as ff14 dont require that, but ZOS does. Coincidence?
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    Lol better off just re-rolling your character.

Yeap thats what Im doing xD
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    How do you all feel about the "unlimited hairstyles" bundle for 3500? You can change your hair to any style, any number of times.

Firstly, the price of the "unlimited hairstyles" bundle was not mentioned - if you read carefully, you will find that those 3500 crowns are for a bundle of a race and name change token - you get those 2 tokens, nothing else, for 3500 crowns.

Edit: My opinion on the matter is - if that would be prices for packs of 10-12 tokens each, this would be acceptable - but for a single token this is just ridiculously overpriced - it is not any likely that I'd buy any of those token. And that the price of the hairstyle bundle is not mentioned lets me expect that bundle to be massively overpriced, even more than all the rest - overall, it really does look like I am saving a lot of crowns with the next update - I would have liked to change little things, but I'd rather buy a meal for a beggar than to pay these prices.
    Edited by Lysette on July 27, 2016 9:00AM
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YIKES, that is a lot. 1000 for an appearance change is reasonable I suppose. 3000 for a race change is pretty high. I expected it to be high, but man, that's a lot. I was hoping it wouldnt be trivial to prevent people changing their race every month, but that is pretty prohibitive.

What gets me most is 2500 for a name change. Are you *** Kidding me? That is insane. It literally takes nothing in terms of programming on their end. I had plans to rename all my toons to fit a theme, but no thanks. Not at that price.

It would be great if they introduced some bulk options at least. Like rename your whole account for X amount of crowns. As it stands now, I might not do any of it.

i was forced into changing a char name as someone reported it...when i logged on one day ZOS had re-set my name and i had to create a new one...so just get a friend to report your character name and ZOS will do the rest (no charge)
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way I look at Race Changes; it seems high..but you have to remember other games like WoW for example charge like $25 I think it is for a race change (I could be wrong on that)

At the same time unlike WoW for example if you're subscribe you get 1500 crowns per month..So basically every 2 months you're subscribed you get a free Race Change...

• kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    name change in wow $10.00 appearance change in wow $15.00 mounts range from $10.00 to $30.00 all this on top of the sub. In game barber shop in wow in game gold.

I see nothing I need to spend on money on here, and I kind of expected things to be a bit pricey, just another crown store option I do not plan on using.
  • tat2mano
    tat2mano
    ✭✭✭✭
    DeadDealer wrote: »

you forgot about time cards

and its price is much lower

3000 crowns = $18 + 60 days eso+

18 Dollar for 60 days ?
    For me it is 26 euro for 60 days...
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tat2mano wrote: »
    DeadDealer wrote: »

you forgot about time cards

and its price is much lower

3000 crowns = $18 + 60 days eso+

18 Dollar for 60 days ?
    For me it is 26 euro for 60 days...

Europe has value added tax by EU law as well for services which are offered by a company operating from outside the EU, if this company is offering their services to citizen of a member of the EU - this makes all such services more expensive in the EU.
    Edited by Lysette on July 27, 2016 10:43AM