The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The Impenetrable Trait & Item Sets

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
There has been a longstanding request from some of our players to consider adding the Impenetrable Trait to item sets that drop from end-game PVE content. We’ve read arguments for and against making this change, and have discussed options among the team here. We’d like to share with you what we’re currently considering.
  • Add Impenetrable as a valid Trait for all item sets in the game, regardless of where they drop
  • Add Impenetrable as a valid Trait for all item sets in the game, except those that drop in Trials
  • Remove Prosperous and Training as valid Traits from Trial item sets
Thoughts?
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove prosperous and training , replace both with impen on the RNGesus slot machines .

Edit to add
    Make bind on equip and vICP and vWGT pieces available .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on July 15, 2016 7:58PM
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please remove training and prosperous from relevant loot drops... including group dungeons.
    PC-EU
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there some hidden community that's really excited about the prospect of getting a dropped item with Prosperous or Training?
  • Targuris
    Targuris
    ✭✭✭
    Get rid of training and prosperous and add impen
  • GeneralFlogger
    GeneralFlogger
    ✭✭✭
    Please remove prosperous and training, at least from cp 160 drops!
  • Mady
    Mady
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like impen. Tested PvE and PvP with it. I'm a divined fan. o:)

But yes, please remove training and prosperous oO

Edit: remove them from all group content. Not just from trials.
    Edited by Mady on July 15, 2016 6:51PM
    Discord HypeSquad Member
    Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
    Feel free to join!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    Remove training and prosperous from all end game gear, (except crafting)

Add impen to all loot tables

Done
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best idea and good compromise for everyone
    Remove prosperous and training and add impen.

Everyone wins.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's the poll?

Remove prosperous and training, add Impen.

+1
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Removing prosperous and training from trials gear alone isn't enough. It should also be removed from the loot table from veteran dungeons, undaunted chest, daily coffers, and anywhere else that people are trying to get loot for end game builds.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »

Everyone wins.

+1
    Because I can!
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , additionally, it would be nice to see a greater variety of traits sold from the Cyrodiil monster helm vendor. Perhaps it could also be considered to add good trait monster set items from the random dungeon daily. Doing so in the right way could bolster group finder use.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even as a person who does not PvP much, Impenetrable needs to be added to the Valid Traits. Why was it ever left out?

Training is a Trait that is needed early in the game, or for grinding, it has no real value for people in PvP or chasing Trials times or doing any End Game content. Remove it from the Valid Traits for Gear Drops from Trials and Dungeons.

Prosperous? This trait has limited benefit in any situation, acquiring Gold is not an issue in this game through other means. This trait needs to be re-thought anyway. Remove this from the Valid Traits for any set gear anywhere that is dropped.

Edited by Nestor on July 15, 2016 8:18PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Jimmy wrote: »
    Where's the poll?

Remove prosperous and training, add Impen.

+1

We'll be reading all the comments in this thread. We didn't create a poll because we'd like to encourage feedback and discussion about this topic.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Additionally, now because of the silly removal of bracing causing a reliance on Sturdy, it is now important for many set items to come with sturdy. Please add sturdy to the places that it currently isn't.
    Don't tank

• Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Wollust wrote: »

Everyone wins.

+1

+2
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • cbaudersub17_ESO
    cbaudersub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    (1) Remove training and prosperous from all end game gear, and dd impen to all loot tables.

(2) To sweeten the deal possibly, how about looking into a mechanic to choose one of 2 traits on the same gear as loot reward?

Doing (1) would be a marked improvement, and (2) might just be a pipe dream.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to presume that no one in the world wants a Prosperous drop...but no one in the world wants a Prosperous drop. Training is for crafted armor, when you're training. Prosperous is for, I don't know who.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Option 4: Give us the ability to change traits on our items at cost or let us get the exact trait we want via a token system.
  • BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Even as a person who does not PvP much, Impenetrable needs to be added to the Valid Traits. Why was it ever left out?

Training is a Trait that is needed early in the game, or for grinding, it has no real value for people in PvP or chasing Trials times or doing any End Game content. Remove it from the Valid Traits for Gear Drops from Trials and Dungeons.

Prosperous? This trait has limited benefit in any situation, acquiring Gold is not an issue in this game through other means. This trait needs to be re-thought anyway. Remove this from the Valid Traits for any gear anywhere that is dropped.

This.
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

• Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , please be aware that many players would gladly pay $50 for a forge that has the capability of changing item traits and appearances.
    Don't tank

• Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG should be eradicated and a token system in place. Get enough tokens, choose any trait you want. Better the trait, more tokens it requires
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Add Impenetrable as a valid Trait for all item sets in the game, regardless of where they drop

Yes, please do this. Even if I mostly PVE, I could figure out how to work an impen piece into a PVP build.
    • Add Impenetrable as a valid Trait for all item sets in the game, except those that drop in Trials

Why the arbitrary distinction? Certain Trials sets, such as Roar of Alkosh, are certainly geared towards PVE, but PVPers can still technically use them. At any rate, Impenetrable >>>>>> Training/Prosperous if we're going for "drops @rhapsodious doesn't particularly want from Trials".

Going to play "yes, but..."

Yes, absolutely remove them from Trial sets.

But, additionally, please also remove them from sets including, but not limited to:
    • Wrothgar coffers
    • VICP/VWGT item sets
    • Monster helms and shoulders

or, if the team can implement it, make it so that Training and Prosperous gear will not drop, at all, for a CP160+ character. Any potential benefit that a CP160 character would get from a piece with that trait is far, FAR eclipsed by how infuriating it is for everyone else. If they really want the trait for grinding, they can use a crafted set. But Training is at least mildly useful for leveling, so I wouldn't see a problem if, say, a level 46 character ended up getting a Training Briarheart Bow or whatever.

Thank you for getting this up. I hope my view made sense!
  • BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , please be aware that many players would gladly pay $50 for a forge that has the capability of changing item traits and appearances.

Changing traits, this would ruin end-game grinding. Changing appearance, i would like this for monster sets and dropped sets.

Now back to discussion.
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add Impen to everything, including trials, as a reward for the open minded portion of the playerbase that are into PvP and PvE.
    Edited by timidobserver on July 15, 2016 7:08PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There has been a longstanding request from some of our players to consider adding the Impenetrable Trait to item sets that drop from end-game PVE content. We’ve read arguments for and against making this change, and have discussed options among the team here. We’d like to share with you what we’re currently considering.
    Thoughts?

I approve of what I kept in the quote.

In fact, please consider what people have been saying about changing Prosperous entirely. It is literally and FACTUALLY useless as it is now. Exploration trait had more use.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 15, 2016 7:09PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • AdmiralSam
    AdmiralSam
    ✭✭✭
    Please remove Prosperous and Training!! And add impen for ALL sets :) It would encourage more PvE and more diversity in PvP. Impen Dragonguard FTW
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add impenetrable as a trait for all items in the game, regardless of where they drop. It opens up a lot more gearing possibilities. All the traits except training and prosperous should be on end game content gear so the traits don't determine what sets we use.
    Edited by IxskullzxI on July 15, 2016 7:16PM
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run PVE about 90% of the time, mostly Vet trials. I have zero issues with impen being in the loot table, especially if you are removing some of the, for lack of a better word, Garbage traits like training and prosperous.

My 2 Cents:

What I would like to see if you are planning on sticking to pure and unforgiving RNG, is being a little smarter with traits matching the drop. For example, light armor DPS gear should only come in Divines, infused, and Impen. Medium armor should perhaps come in the same plus well-fitted. Small pieces should never come in infused. Heavy armor should have traits like sturdy, reinforced, nirnhoned, etc. I think a little bit of common sense in the loot tables would go a long way to ease frustration. That way when I get another pair of Vicious Ophidian shoulders, for example, I have a 1/3 chance of it being a good trait instead of 1/9.

Basically, as a PVE DPS, you want EVERYTHING in divines. You can stomach infused on your big pieces, and in PVP, traits like well-fitted and impen become more desirable.

I think the much better option is to just introduce a trait change mechanic. Don't make it easy or trivial, but make it possible. You could either do it through crafting and a rare drop to unlock a trait or add it to a vendor with a decent sized gold sink attached to it.

Or as Thornos pointed out:

For the record, I would pay a heck of a lot more. I have pretty much every item I want in this game, but many traits are terrible. Rather than rerun old content until my eyes bleed (which i am never going to do), what if you introduced another means of progression to improve our gear. Sure would make me a much happier customer.

I believe that the current loot system is the fatal flaw in an otherwise brilliant game.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on July 15, 2016 7:23PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Add Impenetrable too ALL sets. Usefull trait is only reason for pvpers to do trials.
    2. Add Sturdy to all IC sets, they are outdated.