Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Cheating and Exploits

• Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altercator wrote: »
    KramUzibra wrote: »
    People were told along time ago on the forums , going into enemy keeps without siege is not intended play . People were given more warnings recently and people laughed and made jokes . People got banned and now it's outrageous ?

Psssh please .

Again we are not by any means obligated to read the forums. Therefore not all players will know that it's wrong. Maybe I'm wrong but I think zos has the capability to notify use via the start up screen. You know the one that let's us all know that darkbrotherhood and other dlcs are out.

I was referring to people banned that had forum accounts , knew about it and kept doing it anyways . The only people banned so far , did in fact read the warnings and laughed them off .

As far as new people , I agree ZOS should post this information in plain sight in the game or launcher .

Or, you know, they could fix the code. They have access to it.

They're working on it . It's a buggy mess . I don't think they ever should of rolled out this patch this way in the first place but here we are .

Your right. They shouldn't have released a broken mechanic into the wild only to ban players for their own mistake. ZOS needs to take responsibility for their carelessness and fix the code instead of blaming the players.

So they should just press the magical instafix button that apparently exists instead of blaming players for taking advantage of a bug they are working on fixing? Yeah, ok. Fix all the bugs you want but players that abuse exploits will only jump at the chance to abuse more. Get rid of them AND fix the existing exploits and you fix 2 things, not just 1.

The argument going around right now is Zenimax should do one or the other, but both should be done, no ifs ands or buts. End of discussion there.

Exactly. Which has been the position that most of the really concerned players in this thread have had since the beginning.

Your car can go faster than the speed limit. It doesn't mean that just because it can, you should.
  • Altercator
    Altercator
    ✭✭✭
    People were told along time ago on the forums , going into enemy keeps without siege is not intended play . People were given more warnings recently and people laughed and made jokes . People got banned and now it's outrageous ?

Psssh please .

Again we are not by any means obligated to read the forums. Therefore not all players will know that it's wrong. Maybe I'm wrong but I think zos has the capability to notify use via the start up screen. You know the one that let's us all know that darkbrotherhood and other dlcs are out.

I was referring to people banned that had forum accounts , knew about it and kept doing it anyways . The only people banned so far , did in fact read the warnings and laughed them off .

As far as new people , I agree ZOS should post this information in plain sight in the game or launcher .

They're working on it . It's a buggy mess . I don't think they ever should of rolled out this patch this way in the first place but here we are .

Your right. They shouldn't have released a broken mechanic into the wild only to ban players for their own mistake. ZOS needs to take responsibility for their carelessness and fix the code instead of blaming the players.

So they should just press the magical instafix button that apparently exists instead of blaming players for taking advantage of a bug they are working on fixing? Yeah, ok. Fix all the bugs you want but players that abuse exploits will only jump at the chance to abuse more. Get rid of them AND fix the existing exploits and you fix 2 things, not just 1.

The argument going around right now is Zenimax should do one or the other, but both should be done, no ifs ands or buts. End of discussion there.

SO according to this argument ZOS will always write glitchy exploitable code and they will continue to ban more and more players as the game progresses. Sounds like status quo to me.

It's easy to claim something like that when you think badly of a company. Doesn't make it true though. *** happens and if it were intentional it would not be an exploit.

@UltimaJoe777 What if its a case that they have to rush the patches rather than a case of them writing glitchy code?

Then if an exploit is discovered someone will report it, and they will acknowledge it, announce it, and take action against those who ignore the acknowledgement, aka exploiters.

Psssh please .

SO according to this argument ZOS will always write glitchy exploitable code and they will continue to ban more and more players as the game progresses. Sounds like status quo to me.

It's easy to claim something like that when you think badly of a company. Doesn't make it true though. *** happens and if it were intentional it would not be an exploit.

That was your argument not mine. I paraphrased it, but that was your argument. It doesn't really matter though.

ZOS should fix the code and stop blaming the players for their mistakes. Maybe they can learn that from this farce.

And this is what you fail to see: Zenimax is NOT responsible for players abusing exploits that know full well it's an exploit because it was THEIR CHOICE to abuse it, especially for their own personal gain, instead of not abuse it. As I said before via analogy if you find a loaded hand gun lying around the consequences of your action to use it to shoot someone is on you, not whoever left it there.

I would rather ZOS fix their code and stop blaming players for their mistakes then deal with silly arguments about handguns and consequences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0lIseL-lZY

Psssh please .

Kinda like animation cancelling?

Hard to say if they intended to add that all along or if it was an accident they approved of without them saying otherwise but they acknowledge it as a legitimate mechanic so it is indeed not an exploit.
    @UltimaJoe777 Wouldn't that analogy also mean that handgun was there for months and the police know about it but can't remove it at the moment? No way would that happen in real life.

Depends on how long it was there. There are far more civilians than officers so the odds of someone getting it before the cops are high. Whether said person uses it maliciously for personal gain or hands it over to the cops is where this analogy applies.
    @UltimaJoe777 Wouldn't that analogy also mean that handgun was there for months and the police know about it but can't remove it at the moment? No way would that happen in real life.

The police don't just know about it. They are the ones that put it there in the first place.

Lost cause is lost... Seriously if you're going to be negative about Zenimax at least use logic.

It's a bad analogy and the funny thing is you don't even understand it yourself. You said someone left a gun. Who left the gun?
    ZOS left the gun. Your argument is completely ridiculous and simply derails the topic. If you want to keep banning people because ZOS is irresponsible about releasing exploitable code, then fine, more power to you.

I want ZOS to take responsibility for their game, fix the code and stop blaming players for their mistakes.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Psssh please .

@UltimaJoe777 What if its a case that they have to rush the patches rather than a case of them writing glitchy code?

Then if an exploit is discovered someone will report it, and they will acknowledge it, announce it, and take action against those who ignore the acknowledgement, aka exploiters.

Psssh please .

That was your argument not mine. I paraphrased it, but that was your argument. It doesn't really matter though.

ZOS should fix the code and stop blaming the players for their mistakes. Maybe they can learn that from this farce.

And this is what you fail to see: Zenimax is NOT responsible for players abusing exploits that know full well it's an exploit because it was THEIR CHOICE to abuse it, especially for their own personal gain, instead of not abuse it. As I said before via analogy if you find a loaded hand gun lying around the consequences of your action to use it to shoot someone is on you, not whoever left it there.

I would rather ZOS fix their code and stop blaming players for their mistakes then deal with silly arguments about handguns and consequences.

Psssh please .

Hard to say if they intended to add that all along or if it was an accident they approved of without them saying otherwise but they acknowledge it as a legitimate mechanic so it is indeed not an exploit.

Depends on how long it was there. There are far more civilians than officers so the odds of someone getting it before the cops are high. Whether said person uses it maliciously for personal gain or hands it over to the cops is where this analogy applies.

The police don't just know about it. They are the ones that put it there in the first place.

Lost cause is lost... Seriously if you're going to be negative about Zenimax at least use logic.

It's a bad analogy and the funny thing is you don't even understand it yourself. You said someone left a gun. Who left the gun?
    ZOS left the gun. Your argument is completely ridiculous and simply derails the topic. If you want to keep banning people because ZOS is irresponsible about releasing exploitable code, then fine, more power to you.

I want ZOS to take responsibility for their game, fix the code and stop blaming players for their mistakes.

Your problem is you want to state in the analogy Zenimax is the one that left the gun when in actuality they did not because it would not be an exploit if they did. Seriously man stop trying to pin any and every little thing on Zenimax because it's making you see false logic, not to mention making you look like an ignorant one-track-minded person.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 9, 2016 10:39PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Psssh please .

Well this conversation clearly shows that ZOS is not certain about their own features and terms of service.
    To make my self clear it's not Jessicas fault but it shows that ZOS has a severe problem with gap closer classifications.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3148232/#Comment_3148232
  • Altercator
    Altercator
    ✭✭✭

Psssh please .

Psssh please .

Psssh please .

Your problem is you want to state in the analogy Zenimax is the one that left the gun when in actuality they did not because it would not be an exploit if they did. Seriously man stop trying to pin any and every little thing on Zenimax because it's making you see false logic, not to mention making you look like an ignorant one-track-minded person.

I don't want anything to do with your analogy. It has nothing to do with logic false or otherwise.

You want to keep banning players, i say fine. More power to you.

You know what I want. It's really simple and I don't need stupid analogies to explain it.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Psssh please .

Psssh please .

Psssh please .

I don't want anything to do with your analogy. It has nothing to do with logic false or otherwise.

You know what I want. It's really simple and I don't need stupid analogies to explain it.

Yes I know what you want, but I am trying to explain that it in no way is being pawned off on players abusing exploits. They will fix it in due time but it is our responsibility as honest players to NOT abuse the exploit while it's around. Those dishonest enough to do so knowing full well it's an exploit get punished for their actions, not because it's there.
  • Altercator
    Altercator
    ✭✭✭

Psssh please .

Psssh please .

Psssh please .

Yes I know what you want, but I am trying to explain that it in no way is being pawned off on players abusing exploits. They will fix it in due time but it is our responsibility as honest players to NOT abuse the exploit while it's around. Those dishonest enough to do so knowing full well it's an exploit get punished for their actions, not because it's there.

Yeah I get it, you want to continue banning players when ZOS releases exploitable code. Like I have said, more power to you. You're on the winning side. I would rather ZOS fix their code and stop blaming the players for their mistakes. These are two very different points of view.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Psssh please .

Psssh please .

Psssh please .

Yeah I get it, you want to continue banning players when ZOS releases exploitable code. Like I have said, more power to you. You're on the winning side. I would rather ZOS fix their code and stop blaming the players for their mistakes. These are two very different points of view.

No we have the same view where it counts: it should indeed be fixed. What YOU fail to see though is Zenimax is not blaming their mistake on anyone. They are taking action against people taking advantage of their mistake when they could easily choose not to. Those are 2 VERY different cases.
  • Altercator
    Altercator
    ✭✭✭

Psssh please .

Psssh please .

Psssh please .

No we have the same view where it counts: it should indeed be fixed. What YOU fail to see though is Zenimax is not blaming their mistake on anyone. They are taking action against people taking advantage of their mistake when they could easily choose not to. Those are 2 VERY different cases.

Keep banning those player. Enjoy.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Psssh please .

Psssh please .

Psssh please .

Keep banning those exploiter. Enjoy.

I wouldn't say I enjoy seeing it happen, but they do deserve it.
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Psssh please .

Psssh please .

Psssh please .

No actually you come off as someone who wants more players banned regardless of the circumstance. At least that is how I read the tone of your posts. You have to admit that PvP has been a mess for a long time, it needs to be fixed. Do you even realize that there are only those who play this to experience that? Stop being a hard ass, this is mess is causing a major rift in the player base and it's not good. Ban for third party exploits not broken mechanics. At least warn people first..and if they keep doing it then ban. As gamers we should insist these things be fixed not rip each other apart.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Psssh please .

Psssh please .

Psssh please .

No actually you come off as someone who wants more players banned regardless of the circumstance. At least that is how I read the tone of your posts. You have to admit that PvP has been a mess for a long time, it needs to be fixed. Do you even realize that there are only those who play this to experience that? Stop being a hard ass, this is mess is causing a major rift in the player base and it's not good. Ban for third party exploits not broken mechanics. At least warn people first..and if they keep doing it then ban. As gamers we should insist these things be fixed not rip each other apart.

I have no sympathy for cheaters. Exploiting a bug is cheating. Play right and play honest or don't play at all. Call me a hard ass for it if you will but I stand by my beliefs. That said, I do not want anyone banned personally as everyone should be able to enjoy the game. However, cheaters to happen to influence enjoyment and that is why it cannot and should not stand. If they tried to reform after they got caught the first time I'd be tickled pink, but there are some that do not. Also you think THIS is tearing the playerbase apart? In the sense that it is dividing the good and the bad apples then yes I agree but otherwise anything serves as a fuse to ignite a "civil war" of sorts. Teabagging, racist or terroristic threats and demeanment, all sorts of things happen every day that do this so it is not a new concept. However, the tearing does not generate shreds of pieces. Pieces still remain big, and those pieces come together and bring enjoyment into their gaming experience by having fun together.
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    This here below is how a credible company handles cheating in their game ZOS! Will it completely remove cheats, exploits, etc? Of course not, but a company doesn't just put their head in the sand and pretend like it isn't happening or unban cheaters!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/blizzard-sues-overwatch-cheat-maker-claims-million/1100-6441493/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    ~a mature gaming community~
    Website
    DISCORD
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    Apparently my thread wasnt acceptable, and Im supposed to post this here???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQDm5rGhqaI

Fengrush,

I've said pretty much the same things that you said in your video about Zenimax's complete lack of communication and the damage that it has done to this game. I agree with much of what you said. The un-bannings were outrageous. The way that the writ exploits were handled were outrageous.

I must disagree with you on one point. However poorly that Zenimax communicated with the player base, and it sucked horribly, over one month ago on May 28th a Zenimax employee stated that they knew that gap closers were bugged, and that people should not exploit them to get into Keeps, etc. So this is hardly a case of them "suddenly" changing their minds. This was then repeated numerous times by various other Zenimax employees in other threads over the course of the following month. Again, the way they communicated this stunk on ice, was totally not transparent, and Zenimax's overall communication skills are the worst that I've ever experienced from any company EVER, regardless of the industry.

Those of us who had been keeping up with the PTS forum, including you, knew that gap closers were broken. It wasn't a guess. It was a certainty. They were messed up. Zenimax finally admitted to this publicly over a month ago. As a streamer who affects a large portion of the PVP community, you do bear a certain amount of responsibility during your Twitch feeds. You had the opportunity to tell people that gap closers were obviously bugged and that using them to get into places they were never intended to get them into was something they shouldn't do. Especially after the May 28th pronouncement that it was a bug, and that people shouldn't exploit it while it was being fixed. That is exactly what the TOS is saying by the way. That if you find or learn from someone else about a bug that can be exploited for personal gain, you are violating the TOS and can be banned for any amount of time, up to permanently for doing so.

So there isn't any "retroactively" going back to ban people before they knew it was an exploit. Any use of gap closers to bypass keep mechanics from May 28th on is absolutely a violation of the TOS. If there is video evidence that someone was using those gap closers incorrectly from then to now, then nothing is retroactive. It's just applying evidence of someone cheating. It would be exceedingly silly to only allow evidence against someone to be used if it had been collected that day, because using retroactive evidence is wrong. Logically, that's a bit silly.

But here's the thing. You personally ARE active on the forums. You should have seen the rulings about about the exploitation of gap closers. What you shouldn't have done was teach people how to use them, and have a blast using your "grappling hooks". This goes back to your responsibility as a streamer. You could have used your bully pulpit to warn people against using them incorrectly. You could have warned people that they could be banned for some period of time by doing so. A day, a week, or in a couple of cases permanently.

Now, about those supposedly unjust permanent bans...

We all know who one of the two people who were permanently banned is, and it's a toss up on who the second one is. Was it his partner, or another person who was posting in this thread, as opposed to Yodased's post that was originally in the General Forum, but was then closed for a short while, and then moved to the Alliance War Forum. In both cases though, the issue was almost assuredly less about them using the gap closers incorrectly, and much much much much much much more about their acting like complete donkeys about it on the forums. From taunting the players they had griefed via exploiting, to taunting and ridiculing both the people posting on the forum thread, to taunting and flat out daring Zenimax to punish them. Guess what? They got EXACTLY what they asked for, and deserved.

Seriously, if you're going to cheat, and you get caught doing so, don't come onto the forums and be a Richard Cranium about it. You're just asking for trouble, and trouble they found aplenty.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pomaikai wrote: »
    Your car can go faster than the speed limit. It doesn't mean that just because it can, you should.

Car analogies are much better than gun analogies. :smile:

Players are responsible for their actions, no matter what ZOS does, or does not do, regarding bugs. The players should be big boys and girls. They have the choice to not exploit the bug, even if everyone else is doing it. If they do it, that is on them. ZOS is responsible only for fixing the bug, not the actions of the players.

Lest anyone accuse me of wanting people banned... I would prefer it if the players abusing the exploit would just grow up and stop abusing it. There would be no reason to ban ANYONE if they would just stop doing it.

I would like to see them get a chance to stop, and so my preference is a WARNING to start things off. No reason to permanently ban anyone right away. The important thing is that they stop. If the player can act like a mature adult that is able to take responsibility for what they do, and stop doing what they should not be doing, then there is no reason to keep them out of the game.

If they can't do that, after getting a fair chance to change, ban them forever.

Edit: As for Cheat Engine, I would do the same, but start with a 72 hour Suspension instead of a warning. They know what they are doing is wrong. The ones where were not really serious about cheating will stop at this point. The rest, well, they will be banned soon enough.
    Edited by Elsonso on July 9, 2016 11:48PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @lordrichter , a person was recently permanently banned for allegedly using cheat engine, despite appealing and suggesting that their computer was scanned for cheat engine and despite having videos of their fast runs, and many of us don't want the same to happen to ourselves. This whole situation is totally out of control.
    Edited by Personofsecrets on July 10, 2016 12:04AM
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Psssh please .

Psssh please .

Psssh please .

I think you'll find that we are in favor of warnings for people who did things by accident, or just once to try it out, to bannings of various lengths, including permabans for people who are not only egregious in their abuse of the exploit, but who also are just plain jerks about it all around.

The important thing is that even for people who get a one to three day temp ban to think about what they did wrong, those banned should lose the fruits of their exploitation. In PVP, they should have their AP for a given campaign wiped, and be stricken from the leaderboard for the rest of that campaign. Especially egregious violations should have all of their AP stricken along with the rest of the above, and possibly excluded from X number of future campaigns. Getting caught cheating should hurt. A lot. In PVE, gold should be gone as well as any other ill-gotten gains, as in the Writ exploits. Leaderboard status should also be stripped. Again, in the case of truly egregious exploits, people should have everything from their entire bank accounts, crafting bags, and backpacks purged, as well as being banned from the PVE leaderboards.

But it's all about a sliding scale, even though most of those points on the scale hurt to some degree or another. The worse you exploit and cheat, the more it hurts. Brag about it and dare Zenimax to punish you? Gone forever, dreadful sorrow, Clementine.
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lordrichter , a person was recently permanently banned for allegedly using cheat engine, despite appealing and suggesting that their computer was scanned for cheat engine and despite having videos of their fast runs, and many of us don't want the same to happen to ourselves. This whole situation is totally out of control.

These problems could be solved if ZOS would actually put GM's back into the game. The complete chaos that reigns right now is 110% Zenimax's fault. They have tried to run a global MMO on the cheap, and are now learning that doing so has serious consequences that threatens the game, their company, and ultimately their jobs.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're tired of the cheating . Ban those dirty computer Hippies with their viruses and free love shareware ! Make them log off and shower with soap . Don't let them back until their clean again and virus free .

hippies-thumb.jpg

The bane of the Internet
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^^^^

Buwhahahahaha!!!!!

Man, but we needed a bit of true levity in this thread.

Thanks! :D
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a discussion from another thread that was closed for discussing this.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is a discussion from another thread that was closed for discussing this.

It was also the first disciplinary action they had ever received and the phone conversation that they had with customer service sounded actually crazy.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I originally posted this in a thread that was locked, so I'll leave it here:

OK, I just want to say something. Lots of people have been talking about how gap closers were bugged on the PTS before the DB update as if that's the ultimate argument regarding keep-jumping. IMO that's just a BS argument.

ZOS have stated officially and for over a year that bypassing walls/gates to enter keeps is an exploit. Period. These are the earliest references I could find, in February 2015 (I bolded some of the more relevant parts):
    Hey everyone. We just want to point out that the use of Teleport Strike to enter the enemy keep shown in this video (that is, using it on an enemy as they enter a keep, so that the caster ends up on the inside of the keep with the enemy) is a bug. We are in the process of investigating a solution.
    Blobsky wrote: »
    Hey everyone. We just want to point out that the use of Teleport Strike to enter the enemy keep shown in this video (that is, using it on an enemy as they enter a keep, so that the caster ends up on the inside of the keep with the enemy) is a bug. We are in the process of investigating a solution.
    Ah, it is not like leap then? I assumed that being a 'teleport' it would be useable. Is it fair to use it until patch? Or just avoid doing it from now?
    Since this is not intended functionality, continued use of this would be considered an exploit, so please refrain from doing so. Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!
    Greetings. We understand the frustration that is caused by this behavior and would like to provide some clarification as to how we are addressing it. Firstly, bypassing a closed gate from the assaulting side is indeed an exploit. As Brian explained in his post, there are acceptable ways to get through an open gate and be on the inside of a keep when it closes, but crossing it while it’s closed is not allowed. We will be taking additional measures with Update 6 to prevent this behavior from continuing, and we will of course continue to monitor the situation to see if further measures are required. Our TOS team has been monitoring abuse of this exploit, but it’s important to point out that it can be difficult to enforce across the board.

While it's true that this discussion was in the forums, which not everyone uses, and that ZOS should provide more information in the game client itself for more widespread availability, it strikes me as disingenuous to pretend nobody knew this was considered an exploit until 3 days ago. I quit PvP around the time of the posts I quoted and only just recently rejoined a small PvP guild. Yet discussions in the guild chat invariably mention the fact that there is and has been for a long time an official statement by ZOS regarding the exploitative nature of keep-jumping. I seriously doubt every single person who's been banned for this isn't in a PvP guild and never came across these discussions.

Has keep-jumping been in the game since forever? Yes. Should ZOS fix it ASAP? Absolutely! Would it have been more productive to start issuing warnings and THEN drop the banhammer (I'm assuming, based on the discussion in this and other threads, that some people were outright banned, but I can't know for sure)? You betcha.

But does any of this make keep-jumping any less of an exploit that's been officially dubbed as such for almost 1 and a half years? Nope. No, it doesn't.
  • Perpetuation
    Perpetuation
    ✭✭✭
    (Please remove, accidental comment, @ZOS_DaryaK )
    Edited by Perpetuation on July 10, 2016 3:26AM
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pomaikai wrote: »

Psssh please .

Exactly. Which has been the position that most of the really concerned players in this thread have had since the beginning.

@Pomaikai Thats one of my life mysteries! Why does a car have an ability to go that fast when your not allowed to go that fast? Is it incase of emergency?
  • Verathragna
    So basically if we critique Zenimax in a post it will be removed. That's the entirety of this thread summarized.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically if we critique Zenimax in a post it will be removed. That's the entirety of this thread summarized.

Not true. If you bash ZOS in a childish rant, it will be closed. IF you critique ZOS in a mature and professional manner it won't.
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, but if it's about a subject that they're trying to avoid, they'll bury it so deep you'll need a paid NEXUS/LEXIS account to find it.......
  • DeadDealer
    DeadDealer
    ✭✭✭
    im interesting
    if you ZOS, in the future, admitted you cannot fix it, FOR example
    and you will announce gap-close to keep intended mechanics like animation cancelling

whats then? you will unban all people you banned for it?
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why should they? It's a broken mechanic that's apparently loads of fun for the griefers, but a whole lot less fun for the people playing by the rules.
This discussion has been closed.