Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Cheating and Exploits

• XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also suggest as reading material the 'Code of Conduct'.
    "5.2 Users will not exploit any bug, or abuse any game system (such as the scoring or award systems) in a ZeniMax Game, Service, forum, or other games or services provided by ZeniMax. Users will not intentionally use or share any bug found within any ZeniMax Game, real or fictitious, regardless of whether or not it grants an unfair advantage. You will not directly or indirectly communicate the existence of any such bug to any other user of the ZeniMax Service (in game or on a ZeniMax service). "

"ZOS_AmeliaR wrote: »

Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit."
    Edited by XDragonDoomX on July 5, 2016 9:22AM
    "Forums are like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea.
    massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of
    mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it. ”

(with apologies to Eugene H. Spafford, aka Spaf)

I have the power to please one person per day. Today is not your day.
    Tomorrow... Tomorrow does not look good either.

82. Victory laps after killing the dragon with my 1d2 bow is considered in poor taste.
    83. My gnome does not like big butts and he cannot lie.
    84. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying a 220lb pull crossbow.
    85. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying an industrial strength flamethrower.
    86. Not allowed to make a superhero with a 99% chance of dodging even after the -10 penalty for a successful called shot.
    87. There is no such thing as a dwarven katana.
    88. My bard does not get a bonus to perform if she is obviously not wearing anything under her tabard.
    89. The elf's name is not Legolam.
    ** Mr Glenn's Forbidden activities list**

• LastAmbushOnEarth
    Real life example

you see a pool on the street
    and you jump over it

you see a wall same size as pool
    but you cannot jump over it

wait, you are a cripple or what?

all players in PVP - cripples?
  • LastAmbushOnEarth
    @XDragonDoomX i asked about real proof, not this
    real proof about jumping up on smthing is broke game atmosphere or nature in pvp

cmon, dont be so unclever
  • XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to try and justify for you your cheating and exploiting.

82. Victory laps after killing the dragon with my 1d2 bow is considered in poor taste.
    84. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying a 220lb pull crossbow.
    85. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying an industrial strength flamethrower.
    86. Not allowed to make a superhero with a 99% chance of dodging even after the -10 penalty for a successful called shot.
    88. My bard does not get a bonus to perform if she is obviously not wearing anything under her tabard.

• daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real life example

and you jump over it

World record for distance jumping (men): 8,95m
    World record for high jumping (men): 2,45m

Your logic is bad and you should feel bad.
  • Elohmrow
    Elohmrow
    ✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    Real life example

and you jump over it

rip in spaghetti never forghetti, that burn was so bad it made the sun jealous
    To learn more about the universe, please un-hide the following spoilers:
  • LastAmbushOnEarth
    daemonios wrote: »
    Real life example

and you jump over it

not in Tamriel
    actually its magic, not jump by legs

and i feel great when i can do magic
    Edited by LastAmbushOnEarth on July 5, 2016 9:31AM
  • LastAmbushOnEarth
    @XDragonDoomX okay, you was owned, do not start the fight if you havent any real words to defence your false position
  • XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @XDragonDoomX okay, you was owned, do not start the fight if you havent any real words to defence your false position

1. You have confessed to exploiting & cheating.
    2. You are knowingly in breach of the Code of Conduct.
    3. I don't have to defend =my= position.
    4. You are the one trying to justify your illegal actions (illegal as in against the rules of the game)
    5. Doesn't it tell you something that so many people are stating it's not intended, that it is an exploit of the game mechanics and you're the one trying to justify it.

• LastAmbushOnEarth
    avtorklif.gif

we talking not about rulers we talking about nature of pvp and ingame atmosphere

please shut up if you have nothing to say

Its cheating - its against the game atmosphere. Its exploiting - its against the nature of pvp.

Real life example

and you jump over it

Edited by LastAmbushOnEarth on July 5, 2016 9:39AM
  • Manpoints
    Manpoints
    ✭✭✭✭
    Manpoints wrote: »
    Manpoints wrote: »
    Ok I think I have a solution for keep jumpers that Zenimax can get behind without losing players (not as many anyway lol):

So someone gets caught keep jumping in Cyrodiil. Following the usual punishment methods that player could be booted from Cyrodiil and cannot return to it for an hour with a warning message saying why. If they return after the hour is up and persist I say ban that person from Cyrodiil entirely for a few days. They would be unable to enter campaigns at all until that expires, and to make the punishment stick more, for both the warning and the second punishment, it would be spread to EVERY CHARACTER in that account. A third time would result in that account being permanently kicked out of Cyrodiil, no matter how many times they delete and remake characters. This could also apply to any other exploits going on.

For cheat engine users though it's clear that the culprits need to be banned from the entire game, regardless of how many people Zenimax loses. If that many people are cheating then something went wrong in the first place, and I'd say Zenimax should take legal action against the makers of the cheat engine to get to the root of the problem. Also it's only PC players that have access to CE so at MOST they lose 1/3rd of their entire population.

There wont be legal action against CE. CE Specifically advises not to use their tool for multiplayer games and removes posts on their forums of development for multiplayer use. The problem isn't CE, its the players - ban the players, then there's no problem. YES, you will cut what I assume now is a surprisingly large amount of the population (maybe the cause of their hesitation) BUT you will help repair your damaged reputation and start to instill some level of confidence in you from your customer base.

I dont think they're going to do anything though, baby definitely got put in the corner so our complaints about the hacking are contained.

If CE is actually against their product being used on MMORPGs and advises against it then yes legal action cannot be taken and it is the sole fault of the users. However, you still have to wonder how it is able to be used that way in the first place, and how protective measures to prevent its use can be bypassed, if it has been.

Its able to be used for anything done client side - as far as Im aware the ratio of serverside-clientside information has changed in order to reduce lag, and the checks done have been reduce - but *shrug* Zos does have the ability to ban every single person who used it, they just dont want to for some reason opting instead to provide 'second chances', I honestly dont know what they think they are gaining by keeping these people around.

Paying customers, of course. With their population count far below what they want and so many using cheats and exploits they are in a bind in how to punish cheaters while not cutting out a large chunk of their playerbase.

It can't have been so big as to justify the complete disrespect of their entire player-base. They banned 40-something people, and unbanned how many? How many people do you personally know that have sworn off giving ZOS another cent until they actually enforce their rules fairly. Its still a fact that using multi-craft or roomba gets you a more concrete suspension than hacking. Character names, use of language resulting in permanent bans they're still refusing to review, but sure, the hands down multiplayer game taboo of hacking that every single publisher is guaranteeing permanent and unappealable.
    GM of Potato Syndicate, (Gone' Casual) ---- I'MZ A GOD!
    GM of Mi Amor Libre Spanish ERP ---- Shadilay
    Manpoints - Templar // Womanpoints - DK // Abopoints - NB // Manepoints - NB // Sexypoints - Sorc // Hermann Purring - DK // Browniepoints - Templar // Tigger SMB - Templar // Affirmative Actionpoints - DK // Sha Bipoints - Sorc // Hughe Mungus - DK // Rachel Dolezol - Warden??
  • XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheats & Exploits don't spoil in game atmosphere. They destroy it.

• LastAmbushOnEarth

yes, i agree with this

speedhack destroying game atmosphere
    too big damage or endless ultimate from CE destroying it also

but not a magic jump, on the same distance like in tooltip of the skill, but just in other direction(on the wall)

i prooved why

if you not getting it - you have serious problems with logic
    Edited by LastAmbushOnEarth on July 5, 2016 9:42AM
  • XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you will never got a ban for jumping to the keep walls

im doing it every day

and i feel myself very safe agains any bans

please ZOS, show me your hammer lol

but you will not
    because you cant :D

i dont care what you said
    but for me its intended mechanics and i will continue to play like that, to use gapclosers and jump to walls
    until it will not be nerfed

Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit."

Ahh yes. Logic. Wonderful stuff. Please compare.

• XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, i agree with this
    you will never got a ban for jumping to the keep walls

im doing it every day

and i feel myself very safe agains any bans

please ZOS, show me your hammer lol

but you will not
    because you cant :D

i dont care what you said
    but for me its intended mechanics and i will continue to play like that, to use gapclosers and jump to walls
    until it will not be nerfed

yes, i agree with this

Ahh yes. Logic. Wonderful stuff. Please compare.

Nuff said.

• daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry, you are unbeliavable
    cant discuss with you anymore, you are very low brain level for me, sorry again no offence
    i will not repeat what have been told already

good luck!

Are you serious? You come in this thread with shoddy logic and inapplicable "real world examples", then resort to calling others stupid when they disagree with you?

/ignored
  • LastAmbushOnEarth
    guys! ZOS said swimming is exploit! do not swim in teso, or you will break the rulers!!! :D
  • XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    guys! ZOS said swimming is exploit! do not swim in teso, or you will break the rulers!!! :D

Please provide the quote or reference for this.
    Argonians have a specific affinity for swimming.

• Elohmrow
    Elohmrow
    ✭✭

Argonians have a specific affinity for swimming.[/quote]

quote the quote? waaaaaaa?

• Elohmrow
    Elohmrow
    ✭✭
    Elohmrow wrote: »

Argonians have a specific affinity for swimming.

quote the quote? waaaaaaa?

[/quote]
    like this?

• Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

yes, i agree with this

but not a magic jump, on the same distance like in tooltip of the skill, but just in other direction(on the wall)

i prooved why

Seriously Zenimax staff? We have someone admitting to cheating openly on the thread about cheating and exploiting and you are doing nothing about it? He gets to insult people and state that you will never ban him for his cheating and you are making the honest players look like fools by proving him right...
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • LastAmbushOnEarth
    Veteran- The Daggerfall Authority
    lol
    its telling by the DA member, i was in DA raid like 6 times, few weeks ago

and all of this raid who had gapclose skills used them to up the keep walls :D

put TDA in chat pls
    Edited by LastAmbushOnEarth on July 5, 2016 10:21AM
  • Eclipse0990
    Eclipse0990
    ✭✭✭

yes, i agree with this

i prooved why

*Proved
    /Owned.
    Raid leader for Undead Nuns (DC-EU-KaalWhaterveritscallednowdays)
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »

yes, i agree with this

i prooved why

Seriously Zenimax staff? We have someone admitting to cheating openly on the thread about cheating and exploiting and you are doing nothing about it? He gets to insult people and state that you will never ban him for his cheating and you are making the honest players look like fools by proving him right...

Don't you know ZOS by now? Unless you kill their firstborns or personally threaten their financial position they just ask you nicely if you're going to do it again before letting you go on your merry way.

ZOS is the step-parent of games companies.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS have proven over and over again that abuse of broken skill mechanics or bypassing a keep wall isn't an exploit.

They have never in the two years I've played done anything about this. Nightblades have been able to teleport inside keeps since launch and they never took means to fix it nor discourage its use by stating it's an exploit.

I understand those upset about the current issues, I agree it's dumb and should be an exploit but end of the day you have to accept that it isn't because ZOS refuse to deem it one.

They have no interest/ability to enforce such things in Cyrodiil. They never have and I don't see them ever choosing it, sadly this is the path they have chosen and we have given them ample feedback for two years on why this would destroy PvP for people yet they have not cared.

My advice to those looking for competitive and fair PvP is to look elsewhere, ZOS are not going to give it to you with this game.

Edited by Turelus on July 5, 2016 10:26AM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Veteran- The Daggerfall Authority
    lol
    its telling by the DA member, i was in DA raid like 6 times, few weeks ago

and all of this raid who had gapclose skills used them to up the keep walls :D

put TDA in chat pls

DA and TDA are two different guilds BTW and although I tend to PvE rather than PvP with TDA ('cos I hate the lag on TF) I very much doubt the GM & raid leaders there would be happy with letting people exploit into keeps.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    ZOS have proven over and over again that abuse of broken skill mechanics or bypassing a keep wall isn't an exploit.

They have never in the two years I've played done anything about this. Nightblades have been able to teleport inside keeps since launch and they never took means to fix it nor discourage its use by stating it's an exploit.

I understand those upset about the current issues, I agree it's dumb and should be an exploit but end of the day you have to accept that it isn't because ZOS refuse to deem it one.

They have no interest/ability to enforce such things in Cyrodiil. They never have and I don't see them ever choosing it, sadly this is the path they have chosen and we have given them ample feedback for two years on why this would destroy PvP for people yet they have not cared.

My advice to those looking for competitive and fair PvP is to look elsewhere, ZOS are not going to give it to you with this game.

They have stated that it is an exploit.

Since this is not intended functionality, continued use of this would be considered an exploit, so please refrain from doing so. Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!"

• LastAmbushOnEarth
    ^ are you some kind of forum bot?
    this AmeliaR probably not working in ZOS anymore lol
    Edited by LastAmbushOnEarth on July 5, 2016 10:33AM
  • Eclipse0990
    Eclipse0990
    ✭✭✭
    There are two ways:

1) ZOS can accept that this is a bug and should not be exploited.
    2) Declare it totally fair and intended mechanics so that everyone else can do so without feeling guilty or burdening their conscience.
    @ZOS_AmeliaR @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Raid leader for Undead Nuns (DC-EU-KaalWhaterveritscallednowdays)
  • LastAmbushOnEarth
    while you caring about personal feelings, Cyrodiil Awaits, gap-closers!
This discussion has been closed.