Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Azura's Star NA PC Thread

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man those beams though. Yeah that LM fight was really awesome, you guys definitely laid waste to probably 50 AD there, that was impressive.

I may have been murdered once or twice trying to help lol, but I can recognize a farm situation when I see one.

Not much I can do against a team of good players except keep throwing my face at you and take a couple with me LOL

I've been having a blast though, please stay.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like DC nightcapped (or perhaps early morning) for Emp again. And Emp showed up at Arrius to end what was a nice fight. Oh well.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chuga_Rei wrote: »
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    @Chuga_Rei wut? You talkin 2 me? :o I said I had a relatable experience and would like to work in software again but not for a company that was batshit crazy like my last one. I'm so confused. :confused:

No sir. A couple of angry AD perpetuate this thing that because we smack them down in game we are miserable IRL lol. Im not sure where it comes from but they sit there staring at the respawn screen for the 50th time in a night and start to psychoanalyze us. Its really, really odd lol. I couldnt begin to imagine what these guys real lives are like, I just know they are horrible in game lol.

Some AD in zone psychoanalyze Uncle Sheo whenever he picks up the scroll and doesn't run in a direct line home lol.

To the cave!
    Kena
    Former Class Rep
    Former Legend GM
    Beta player
  • Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why am I even bothering to switch to my healing set when braidas is just running CE anyway. Seems like a big waste of a lot of time spent farming and gold for nothing, not to mention the constant bar layout changes.

I dont know whether to laugh, or cry at this point.

But then I remembered when i was a EP(yes, that long ago) and we had convinced ourselves that a big group who constantly stomped us was a giant army of bots running macros.

I was also a tyro and grew out of it, but I guess not everyone did.
    MAIN: Subtomik |DC| Templar| Grand Overlord| Magicka since release(GET RID OF RD and give me back blinding flashes!)
    Scrubtomik|EP |Templar|Rerolled to help outnumbered EP
    Urban Youth|DC | Nightblade|AVA RANK 15| Stam
    Not A Racist |EP|Nightblade| Magicka| Maelstrom farmer
    Triggered Liberal|DC| New maelstrom farmer lol
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

GM of Full Metal Carebears
    No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

Gone but not forgotten, Braidas, Marku, and a dozen other heroes
  • Zuvanov
    Zuvanov
    ✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    Zuvanov wrote: »
    He's not using reactive lol and i've seen a few emps on azura since i've been playing here and they are not overpowered, but it may seem that way when a player who knows what he's doing is emp.

It is not simply a case of him being a good player and Emp. The difficulty of killing him (instantly heals to full from below 20%) is unlike any Emp I've seen - and I've played pretty much exclusively in PvP since early betas and seen many really good players as Emp.

I'm not willing to say he is using CE (others seem convinced he is) because I would hope that ZOS would have taken action in response to all the reports that have been submitted. But regardless, ZOS should take a look and address whatever combination (sets, emp, no CP) created the situation.

Or maybe you should change up your build so you're not so squishy, idk what to tell you.
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or maybe you should change up your build so you're not so squishy, idk what to tell you.

LOL. I don't think my build has anything to do with the issues. But better than a L2P response I guess. ;)
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azura's was sad and dead tonight, and it's Friday night. In about 90 minutes of looking for a fight, 2 people tried to gank me and I got 5v1'd. That's it.

I think all the EP went to Haderus, and maybe AD too. It was laggy and a 3 way zergfest but at least something was going on.
  • E-Zekiel
    E-Zekiel
    ✭✭✭
    Why am I even bothering to switch to my healing set when braidas is just running CE anyway. Seems like a big waste of a lot of time spent farming and gold for nothing, not to mention the constant bar layout changes.

I dont know whether to laugh, or cry at this point.

But then I remembered when i was a EP(yes, that long ago) and we had convinced ourselves that a big group who constantly stomped us was a giant army of bots running macros.

I was also a tyro and grew out of it, but I guess not everyone did.

The ability to spam ultimates like ice comet suggests a CE or deliberate exploitation of lag (which would lead me to think if that's occurring, lag switching to cause the lag to begin with is also likely occurring).

I'm sure some moron will chime in about how emps get double ultimate gains - yeah, no ****. That still isn't enough to let you LITERALLY spam ultimates. Use them frequently, definitely. Literally spam them back to back? No, sorry. There's a cheat/exploit occurring.

There are videos of this occurring on youtube as recently as late May early June. I sent some screenshots of it myself, but as for digging up evidence that people do it, you'll have to google it yourself...forum TOS and all.
    Edited by E-Zekiel on July 16, 2016 6:27AM
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is possible to spam ultimate back to back as emperor.

- Killing blows give 20 ultimate from combat frenzy passive (40 ultimate per kill as emperor)
    - Shooting star gives 12 ultimate per each enemy hit (24 ultimate per target as emperor)

This is on top of the usual constant ultimate gain which again is doubled as emperor.

Also as a nightblade (does not apply to the person you speak of as he is a Templar) if you have soul harvest slotted you get 10 ultimate per killing blow (20 ultimate per killing blow as emp)
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shooting Star costs 200 ultimate (192 ultimate for a Templar from restoring spirit passive)
    Which means he only needs to hit & kill three players to instantly have another shooting star to spam. (24 per target hit, 40 per killing blow)

24+24+24+40+40+40 = 192

Math is hard.

In azura's star there are a lot of under-geared new players. It is very easy to find 3 squishy dudes who will conveniently stand next to each other and eat a shooting star.
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
  • Vizeroh
    Vizeroh
    ✭✭
    I blame Stalker.
    Venatus - Officer
    RIP RAGE
  • Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    E-Zekiel wrote: »

The ability to spam ultimates like ice comet suggests a CE or deliberate exploitation of lag (which would lead me to think if that's occurring, lag switching to cause the lag to begin with is also likely occurring).

I'm sure some moron will chime in about how emps get double ultimate gains - yeah, no ****. That still isn't enough to let you LITERALLY spam ultimates. Use them frequently, definitely. Literally spam them back to back? No, sorry. There's a cheat/exploit occurring.

There are videos of this occurring on youtube as recently as late May early June. I sent some screenshots of it myself, but as for digging up evidence that people do it, you'll have to google it yourself...forum TOS and all.

I remember with dynamic ulti gen. having SEVEN count them SEVEN novas down at once and more on the way as emp.

Asgari will tlel you the side of ash looked like a mini galaxy with tons of suns floating around.

https://youtu.be/cLI0lqIMTkU

I have a pretty good idea of what is going on considering if you notice im next to him(spamming my ults the whole time as well and laughing in ts)

its great because you hear prett say "that was another time" talking about ulti gen with no aoe cap from before that LOL

So please do not speak of which you have 0 experience.

Edited by Chuga_Rei on July 16, 2016 12:28PM
    MAIN: Subtomik |DC| Templar| Grand Overlord| Magicka since release(GET RID OF RD and give me back blinding flashes!)
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

• Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    E-Zekiel wrote: »

I remember with dynamic ulti gen. having SEVEN count them SEVEN novas down at once and more on the way as emp.

Asgari will tlel you the side of ash looked like a mini galaxy with tons of suns floating around.

I have a pretty good idea of what is going on considering if you notice im next to him(spamming my ults the whole time as well and laughing in ts)

its great because you hear prett say "that was another time" talking about ulti gen with no aoe cap from before that LOL

So please do not speak of which you have 0 experience.

The good old days :'(

rip decibel
  • Vindemiatrix
    Vindemiatrix
    ✭✭✭
    I was running groups in Azura about a month and a half ago before the huge population imbalances really set in. Seemed like it was either a straight yellow map with no way to win a keep, or an all blue map with no one to fight. I preferred to play with no CP and would love to bring my guild back, but I can't home in such a bipolar campaign. Has it gotten better?
    Guildmama: AssemblyOfSafetyNSecurity
    Vindemiatrix, V16 DC DK, Master Angler
    holee hand grenade, V16 DC Templar, Master Angler
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes and no @Vindemiatrix it really depends on who is emp
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I remember that vid, and likely am in it somewhere. Back when I was even more of a nub and running with *cringe* Holy Dragon. A pretty impressive reminder of what dynamic ulti gen used to be. See also Murder Thumbs' emp vids.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • E-Zekiel
    E-Zekiel
    ✭✭✭
    Shooting Star costs 200 ultimate (192 ultimate for a Templar from restoring spirit passive)
    Which means he only needs to hit & kill three players to instantly have another shooting star to spam. (24 per target hit, 40 per killing blow)

24+24+24+40+40+40 = 192

Math is hard.

In azura's star there are a lot of under-geared new players. It is very easy to find 3 squishy dudes who will conveniently stand next to each other and eat a shooting star.

He doesn't use Shooting Star. He uses Ice Comet. Making it even harder to do what you're talking about, when I've witnessed him spamming it multiple times. Let's say he does manage an ice comet and kill 3 people.

40 + 40 + 40 = 120.

192 - 120 = 72.

Math is hard. Sorry, but the numbers don't add up.
  • Alishka_Gunter
    Alishka_Gunter
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't witnessed that myself. I usually see him Toppling Charge - > Animation Cancelled into Biting Jabs (or the other morph) - > Animation Cancelled into Ice Comet. He does that fairly quickly though, about 1 second based on logs. Having his Jabs on the other bar from charge and Comet makes it fairly simple to do as the weapon swap animation cancel seems faster then a Dodge, bash or block cancel.
    GM of Einherjar (EHJ)

Alishka Gunter - Stamina Nightblade
    Gunter Smash - Magicka Dragonknight
    Alishka Tempestas - Magicka Sorcerer
    Alishka Arrowflinger - Stamina Nightblade
    Alishka Hides In Bushes - Magicka Nightblade
    Gunter Hearts Blueberries - Magicka Templar

• Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    yodased wrote: »
    Hopefully it will change, but for the last few days Azuras has been kinda pointless from the EP perspective. I don't mind the general DC number advantage. But the current DC emp is basically unkillable. The combination of no CP, Emp, Templar Heals and the Malubeth (and probably Reactive) set is WAY overpowered.

Numerous times in the last few days small EP groups have been holding our own against larger DC groups (capturing resources, threatening Keeps, etc.) only to have the Emp show up - at which point the fight is over.

He's not using reactive lol and i've seen a few emps on azura since i've been playing here and they are not overpowered, but it may seem that way when a player who knows what he's doing is emp.
    Sorry Lord Braidas, DR was bored

Signed

Dethrone crew

<3

(i know most of you werent there, but I saw vanus there so that counts, there were also a pretty sizeable amount of randoms defending)

PS: In all seriousness though, there was a LOT of damn good combat out there tonight, DR had 12-14 and were very mobile, i think we fought basically everyone on the server at least once. To the AD at Roebeck - your AP was absolutely delicious.

Also, I got to fight Sippy Cup!!!! Where the heck has he been?

Yeah you guys took 5 keeps with no resistance till our last keep at Aleswell when we had a total of 5 pugs defending, thanks for coming only to have ad push you until you guys logged off lol. I wasn't there for the combat part afterwards, but tomorrow should be fun I'm hoping (if AD still plays without owning the map).

Well we showed up because of this thread about what 2 pages ago saying more presence was needed, so we came over to dethrone or do what we could to help, it was after 6pm eastern so I figured no foul to be called on that, being prime time for most people.

When we arrived some DC randoms were doing all they could to hold all of EP at Kingscrest, so while the pugs pushed that and Arrius, i took BRK, while the pugs hit chalman I took Ash, and it just went from there. Then we ran that scroll back and AD woke up and took Roe and Alessia in the meantime.

Nothing was undefended honestly, except Ash, that was an intentional hamstring move, so ill take the blame on that piece of PvDoor for sure. Dont think yall saw that one coming and that was the point of it. Was playing to win expecting the supertank emp to show up any minute, that and it looked like most of DC seemed to be defending Roe at that time, so I decided to cut ya all off.

Aleswell was a good fight mostly, but it was the fights with AD to the south for me that yielded real AP, we poked DC only a little at glade after the dethrone, I didnt really wanna press too hard. Thwarted on throning bit though, DC hitting us in the back at Roebeck to prevent that while Sippy Cup and crew sieged the hell out of us in front made that not happen.

After that it was just farm city at Fare and Roe for the rest of the night, and chasing DC 3-5 mans all over the place cause they kept tagging stuff.

So that was you guys who took nikel and roe and just farmed that corridor for hours last night? LoL I stayed out of that because it seemed to be a farm.

There was more red last night that I've seen in a long while, which is nice. Did have a couple of AD keep jumping though, thats unfortunate, but i'm sure they will get the point .

Of course it was us, I kept jesus beaming you all over roebeck lolz. That 40-50 ad zergblob that showed up at the LM vs the 14 of us under siege from the wall, and us winning that fight was actually the highlight of the night, i know you were there for that too.

And yeah was definitely farmfarm by that point, an hour later we called it for the night cause some of our key players have work and all that glorious stuff.

I find this very funny, considering how you complain about people hitting Jesus Beam on people from inside zergs......
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The current situation is leading [back] to a dead server. I've been around on Azuras since the no-CP change and intend to continue. But it's hard to convince many other EP that it's worth the effort to keep banging their heads against a wall.

The problem as well is DC impetus as soon as they are on the winning side. Every campaigns terribles come out the wood work once you get the enemy on its heels.

Im going to speak with the guild tonight, AD has learned their place(something about mouths, cashing checks and all that). No need for EP and DC to have a dead campaign over it.

I must say though I am very, very disappointed in a few EP who i previously respected talking about "macros" and such. but they are a minority.

AD hasn't learned anything other than how to make an entire map yellow at 5:00 AM.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    AD hasn't learned anything other than how to make an entire map yellow at 5:00 AM.
    Since EP helped with the dethrone we were hoping (and trying to get our pugs to understand) to leave their keeps alone after we emped. They still had 4 or 5 when I logged. Some of us even wanted to give EP Chim back (they already had Ghartok) but that didn't really go over well.

As far as DC goes there wasn't really any stopping AD from taking all their keeps after the gate farming AD has been repeatedly subjected to. But it's worth mentioning at the time of the dethrone, due to tactics, DC was already down to Rayles, Brindle, and Dclaw. EP grabbed Dclaw and AD took the other two.

Thanks to Venatus and their crazy shenanigans, btw, wouldn't have happened without you.

Edit: dethrone was at 1 am (central) on a Saturday night, just saying.
    Edited by Kartalin on July 17, 2016 5:42PM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »

Thanks to Venatus and their crazy shenanigans, btw, wouldn't have happened without you.

I didn't even realize we were helping a dethrone until there was just 1 or 2 emp keeps left lol. We would have stayed up north anyway since stalker has always been a scroll hungry son of a beesting

rip decibel
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭

You mean like Braidas has at 4am, 5 times in 6 weeks? Like that...?

And oh, dethrone was at 1am, not 5.
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heike wrote: »

You mean like Braidas has at 4am, 5 times in 6 weeks? Like that...?

And oh, dethrone was at 1am, not 5.

I'm not talking about the dethrone. I'm talking about every single map resource, scroll, and keep being yellow. That didn't happen at 1am, the last scrolls were taken at 5. I know because your people kept dropping the last one. Over and over. With twice as many online. Do I need to screenshot this, or will you take my word that I'm not lying.

I'm fine with it though. My post was directed at the DC folks that gave you an inch, not at the AD being themselves. I'd have kept camping you until more AD switched campaigns. So we're losing? I'll still get a small group and gank/small scale, then fade out before the yellow horde shows up. The PVP isn't bad, just different.

This is the last campaign that's any fun folks. Until they fix everything that's outright broken with the CP campaign (bugged sets, infinite regen, unkillable builds, broken one shot kills). I'm not going anywhere
  • Alishka_Gunter
    Alishka_Gunter
    ✭✭✭
    You should try facing Braidas when he's camping keeps all day lol. I'd take the 30-50 AD zerg that sometimes appears any day
    GM of Einherjar (EHJ)

• Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is great, I was afraid the AD had permanently given up, but it seems they just needed to shake off some of the shell shock.

Its nice seeing 3 bars AD on when I log in, and then not having to have them constantly told not to fight you. This is all anyone wants, fights.
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

• Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel really bad for the AD as there emp is so...LOL. if i didnt see the empress title i would never know lol

it has to be even worse living in braidas shadow, she was just trying to camp the gates and yikes.
    Edited by Chuga_Rei on July 17, 2016 8:47PM
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

• Alishka_Gunter
    Alishka_Gunter
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on the class and gear too. Nightblades will do more damage but die pretty quick. Templars in malubeth are tough to kill. Make them competant and you have a braidas situation. If I were to have emp, I wouldn't be able to play anywhere near to the level of braidas. I'm setup for a specific role in a group setting. I'd be terrible weak, probably worse then the current emp lol

At the same time @Subtomik you have to give a little leeway. Not everyone has played ESO for two years straight and had the opportunity to learn from teams like EHJ and Khole as braidas has.
    GM of Einherjar (EHJ)

• IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We only run groups on certain days because we have such a small pool of players to pull from atm which might make it look like AD has given up for like 5 days. The real venatus days ended in like october 2014 when clone quit. I recently started playing again and didn't really have an ESO guild since Rage was no longer a thing so just grabbed a few people and gonna pvp with the venatus name until we eventually go to CU. Even convinced Clone and tali to log in and play lol.
  • Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasnt talking about venatus, though you guys looked like you had at least 12+ the other night which was cool, nice seeing clone and some of the others as well. All it really takes is 4 guys with a clue and you can have a ton of fun.
    Edited by Chuga_Rei on July 18, 2016 11:27PM
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

This discussion has been closed.