Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Azura's Star NA PC Thread

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    What do you guys think of outright disabling emperorship on Azura's until/unless it becomes a competitive and more populated campaign?

All I see in this thread are complaints by emp guild groups that they aren't getting competitive fights and complaints by new players that the emp groups are no fun to get farmed by.

There are many new players on Azura's who cannot mount a defense against an organized guild push. These players become discouraged and leave the campaign when they get pushed off their emp ring keeps, or after too many deaths to a defending emp group.

I feel like it would alleviate frustration on both sides. There would be little incentive to push the map in off-prime hours, resulting in a more even map during prime time, and new players wouldn't have to fight unbeatable (by them) emp groups all the time.

Thoughts?

EP crowning emp was for 2 reasons.

1. it is Patrick Scotts first reign, ever. (hard to believe with how good he is, but its true)
    2. We really needed a goal to rally the natives around who had been demoralized by AD gatecamping for weeks.

Then we left it at that, just defending the ring. The reason I bring this up is because Azuras could quite easily be 100 percent red right now, but I aint about that crap like the last AD emp was. I had to fight for Kings and Farr vs 40+ AD with emp on our first day Homed here, to me that just tells me the mentality of who I am fighting. No mercy, no quarter, because if yellow crowns again, the map goes back to status quo and we start all over. When DC had emp, Subtomik left it to his ring, too (props for that).

I dont trust AD with emp. History has shown me they will take every single thing and sit at spawn on us, the smallest faction in Azuras, if given the opportunity. It happened on Haderus, Axe, Thorn, old Azuras before the CP change, and on and on. Not TM so much, mind, though ive seen them take advantage of that AP farm when we struggle to take Arrius, but the pugs that inevitably seem to follow them everywhere, nuh uh, I aint doing that again. This is why I brought 20 to shut down the AD emp push at 1pm today (daycap?)
    Edited by Rylana on August 3, 2016 8:03AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    What do you guys think of outright disabling emperorship on Azura's until/unless it becomes a competitive and more populated campaign?

All I see in this thread are complaints by emp guild groups that they aren't getting competitive fights and complaints by new players that the emp groups are no fun to get farmed by.

There are many new players on Azura's who cannot mount a defense against an organized guild push. These players become discouraged and leave the campaign when they get pushed off their emp ring keeps, or after too many deaths to a defending emp group.

I feel like it would alleviate frustration on both sides. There would be little incentive to push the map in off-prime hours, resulting in a more even map during prime time, and new players wouldn't have to fight unbeatable (by them) emp groups all the time.

Thoughts?

The AD pugs would still get discouraged and leave. This is not an era of the game where people who don't know what they're doing stick around when they get beaten over and over. They just leave.

This is why guild groups are just ruining the map if they run more than 12 or so. Any more and you crush any non guild opposition. But on the other side of the problem, if you run less, you're at risk of getting beaten down yourself because the sheer number of players that all swarm together is ridiculous. It's like if a group has the numbers to compete with the giant swarm, the swarm just quits. But then if you run less so you don't run them off, they run you over with numbers. At least that was my experience during the few days I played last campaign.

Thats exactly it.

id run 12 if it was JUST tertiary meat I had to fight, but add the Firebeard zerg and the other pugs on top of that? That can be 40-50 guys. With 12? On non CP? You kidding? Thats every single person in my group fighting 4 people at once.

I mean I dont run many more than 12 as it is, 16-20 during prime is pretty average, and that is difficult enough. Krothas group plays weird hours and sizes, and isnt all that dependable, they do their own thing, and thats fine. the pugs are even less dependable. Most of the time the only organized force on the field is us, and if we are hitting objective X with 15 people vs 30 defenders, and TM has 12 guys they can just outcap us on everything while the AD pugs mercilessly pound us with siege. its an all or nothing sorta deal. I dont mind it too much, but to be complaining to me that we outnumber anyone is pretty... lame.

Yeah sure, we are on top right now, and it seems like AD lost a little steam because its not easy-mode "keep defense for every time red shows their face", but it only takes one hour, on a slow day, to reverse everything we have gained. Honestly I am dreading it, but I know it will come.
    Edited by Rylana on August 3, 2016 8:01AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭
    The AD that are on the server spend half their time trying to farm now rather than push objectives. Perhaps if they stopped trying to farm for while they might get somewhere.
    And idk what DC are doing lol They just show up wherever there might be some AP xD
    Edited by Caza99 on August 3, 2016 7:57AM
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    You wanna know why it's dead on the AD side? 2 hours of roebeck LM tower farming that the emperor of red and others including you participated in Rylana, that was pretty unsportsmanlike . Then when you guys did decide to attack blue decides to screw with you guys as well as us. So it was basically a Purple Alliance attacking there. Blue even sieged the front door down and I died by 6 of them trying to repair that too. Ever since that night it kinda just slowly died and I don't blame it for doing so.

The only reason we were pushing to home keeps on the red side last time was because of the low population boost that kept occurring and almost made us become 3rd place last campaign.

Also lol @ you guys supposedly staying away from home keeps during being emperor. You do realize i got a 9k tick from an attack that happened on fare tonight right? Also reds were in the fare mine trying to tower farm for almost an hour tonight too. Don't try and play it so noble. You lost that right with the roebeck LM tower farming crap the other night. Although I will say it was more classy then when Blue emp was gate camping for 2 days straight last campaign
    Edited by Mutagem on August 3, 2016 8:07AM
    Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
    Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
    Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mutagem wrote: »
    You wanna know why it's dead on the AD side? 2 hours of roebeck LM tower farming that the emperor of red and others including you participated in Rylana, that was pretty unsportsmanlike . Then when you guys did decide to attack blue decides to screw with you guys as well as us. So it was basically a Purple Alliance attacking there. Blue even sieged the front door down and I died by 6 of them trying to repair that too. Ever since that night it kinda just slowly died and I don't blame it for doing so.

The only reason we were pushing to home keeps on the red side last time was because of the low population boost that kept occurring and almost made us become 3rd place last campaign.

Also lol @ you guys supposedly staying away from home keeps during being emperor. You do realize i got a 9k tick from an attack that happened on fare tonight right? Also reds were in the fare mine trying to tower farm for almost an hour tonight too. Don't try and play it so noble. You lost that right with the roebeck LM tower farming crap the other night. Although I will say it was more classy then when Blue emp was gate camping for 2 days straight last campaign

As the main raid lead for Darkest Requiem, I can tell you completely honestly and bluntly, that DR was not at Fare a single time tonight. The only time we engaged yellow at all today was when we shut down you little 1pm emp push, and then killed an alessia attempt a couple hours later. Our group disbanded before 10pm actually due to the lack of PvP on Azuras and we didnt want to take Ash. (we discovered when we took aleswell, that the DC force that had taken those keeps was less than 10, so we didnt want to shove them totally off the map)

The Roebeck LM thing you bring up, here is a funny story about that - You had over 40 AD in that keep, all sitting on the walls shooting dozens of siege, throwing yourselves at us. You think i am not gonna farm that? I mean we couldnt even get a piece of siege up without getting 7 trebs hitting it simultaneously. Well done, but then it becomes a farm if I cant get in there.

Besides, for that incident, the DR group was exactly four people. Most of the people you were fighting were Krotha's group. We were mostly fighting the blues on the back side of the LM the whole time.

Now let me get this one point straight @Mutagem - you knowingly gate camped a faction with a sum total of 12 regular players last campaign because of the scoreboard? Youre that kinda dude? So concerned with "score" that youll stamp out any and all PvP for an entire faction... wow man. just fricken wow. I have zero sympathy. Maybe if you didnt stack 3-poplock all day you might not see low pop bonuses happening. You do realize the low pop bonuses are actually AD's fault, right?

That statement alone, makes me regret telling DR to back off of pushing south once the ring is secure.

But no worries, EP is legit kicking your ass on score now, no low pop anymore.
    Edited by Rylana on August 3, 2016 8:33AM
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Rylana You were in some EP ball that kept wiping in the DC scroll temple a night or two ago. You seemed pretty happy to push past our gate that night. I spent less than a half hour on Azura's after logging in to that mess.

Look past the emotion man. You don't breathe life into a dead campaign by getting revenge for being pushed to your gates. Azura's is BwB minus the teaching guilds, of which there are several. You're fighting with and against a lot of impressionable, leaderless new players. You need to recognize that any faction could have ended up pushing the others relentlessly like AD has done. Those EP that you are righteously motivating are the same exact types of people pushing in 30 man AD zergs -- they just happened to pick a smaller faction. AD only dominated because they have elves and khajiits, which are more attractive than Skyrim and.......DC land...to new players now. They got numbers.

The point is the AD are not bad people, and EP and DC do not need revenge. The map needs balance and educational guilds to develop more robust players and groups. What we're seeing on Azura's right now is entropy -- the untaught masses let loose without discipline or guidance, and one side happens to have greater numbers. They're new and they're winning, even if they zerglord to do it. Winning makes them feel strong and accomplished and improved, so they zerg onward.

TLDR Stand as a role model in EP to maintain map balance, not to paint AD as malicious and get revenge against them.

I just figure that if no one got emp, the map would be balanced more often and easier to return to balance when someone pushes to enemy gates. I'm not asking you to defend having emp. I'm pointing out that emp isn't helping the situation as a whole.
    Edited by KenaPKK on August 3, 2016 8:39AM
    Kena
    Former Class Rep
    Former Legend GM
    Beta player
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP wanted scroll, and there were a ton of DC to fight. I havent been up that way since. As it was, we never got the damn thing. (did i mention i hate siege)

Point taken Kena, but a good deal of these AD arent as new as people claim though, heck some of them I remember from TKO 2 years ago.

But its all good. Zerg is zerg and whatnot, but I dont think ill be artificially limiting group sizes when i see masses the size ive seen this week. Today was a very weird day, post patch maybe something to do with it.

We shall see as the month continues.
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭

lolz we didn't need to farm them....they kept killing themselves. We were heavily outnumbered, the only reason we were able to farm is because only about half of the AD there actually came out to fight. The rest hid inside the keep, shooting siege in random places or trying to snipe from the wall. And the blues you mentioned? They had been messing with us the whole time, even before we started sieging. So not only were we wiping AD, but we had an organised group of DC picking people off and taking the mill behind us. So not exactly purple alliance lol

If that farm was unsportsmanlike, I'd hate to know what you thought of the 3 months prior to DR homing on AZ, where AD would nightcap the whole map then gate camp us. Seriously we could be doing a lot worse. So you guys are just gonna stop playing AZ because you got outplayed hard by semi-organized EP, most of which weren't even in the same TS? Lol.

Before more EP groups homed on AZ, EP couldn't even get past KC and Farra without being zerged down by 40+ AD or DC, whichever owned the map at any particular time. Now you getting all salty cos we farmed you at Roe? C'mon man....

The fare sieges are almost 90% of the time PUGs looking for something to do because you guys are too busy trying to farm Alessia farm or flipping resources at glade or aleswell. You might find if you all actually push objectives instead of half of you farming on the other side of the map, you might get somewhere.

PC NA - @MercerESO
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    EP wanted scroll, and there were a ton of DC to fight. I havent been up that way since. As it was, we never got the damn thing. (did i mention i hate siege)

Point taken Kena, but a good deal of these AD arent as new as people claim though, heck some of them I remember from TKO 2 years ago.

But its all good. Zerg is zerg and whatnot, but I dont think ill be artificially limiting group sizes when i see masses the size ive seen this week. Today was a very weird day, post patch maybe something to do with it.

Indeed, a majority of the players I see consistently on AZ are not new players. Most are experienced players that are tired of the imbalance that the CP system has created in PvP, or just seek less 'zergy' PvP.
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caza99 wrote: »

lolz we didn't need to farm them....they kept killing themselves. We were heavily outnumbered, the only reason we were able to farm is because only about half of the AD there actually came out to fight. The rest hid inside the keep, shooting siege in random places or trying to snipe from the wall. And the blues you mentioned? They had been messing with us the whole time, even before we started sieging. So not only were we wiping AD, but we had an organised group of DC picking people off and taking the mill behind us. So not exactly purple alliance lol

If that farm was unsportsmanlike, I'd hate to know what you thought of the 3 months prior to DR homing on AZ, where AD would nightcap the whole map then gate camp us. Seriously we could be doing a lot worse. So you guys are just gonna stop playing AZ because you got outplayed hard by semi-organized EP, most of which weren't even in the same TS? Lol.

Before more EP groups homed on AZ, EP couldn't even get past KC and Farra without being zerged down by 40+ AD or DC, whichever owned the map at any particular time. Now you getting all salty cos we farmed you at Roe? C'mon man....

The fare sieges are almost 90% of the time PUGs looking for something to do because you guys are too busy trying to farm Alessia farm or flipping resources at glade or aleswell. You might find if you all actually push objectives instead of half of you farming on the other side of the map, you might get somewhere.

He also fails to mention that during the final inner siege of roebeck, you me and about 3 other red stopped 15 blues from taking aleswell.

i got back JUST in time for the 31k o-tick at roebeck. (after the 6k dtick of ales + about 8k worth of AP from killing the blues and repping, omnomnom)

50k ap in 10 minutes? 10/10 would do again. (the ride from Alessia to Roe after riding from Ales to chalman to port to alessia was nailbiting cause the apse at roe had already flipped, kek)
    Edited by Rylana on August 3, 2016 9:00AM
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭

He also fails to mention that during the final inner siege of roebeck, you me and about 3 other red stopped 15 blues from taking aleswell.

i got back JUST in time for the 31k o-tick at roebeck.

I missed the tick, was getting rid of some random DC that somehow managed to survive the defense :(
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Rylana consider capping groups at 12 and then forming second groups entirely to go hit another objective. With time doing that, all factions will spread out, and the map will be more dynamic and balanced overall.
    Kena
    Former Class Rep
    Former Legend GM
    Beta player
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Indeed, a majority of the players I see consistently on AZ are not new players. Most are experienced players that are tired of the imbalance that the CP system has created in PvP, or just seek less 'zergy' PvP.

And no, it's not about majority. It's about proportion. Sure, there are a lot of experienced PvPers. There are a lot of experienced PvPers in all campagins. But in Azura's, there are markedly more low cp players as a portion of the population. I'm talking double digit CP up to 200. They're everywhere.
    Kena
    Former Class Rep
    Former Legend GM
    Beta player
  • Uncle Sheo
    Uncle Sheo
    ✭✭✭
    Let me leave this here,
    I don't look at forums much at all. But to be honest the way @Rylana talks is like you have the potential to control any campaign.
    I do agree that I wasn't crowned in American prime-time this campaign, I am from Australia so it was my prime time. But was crowned within first day and held back multiple attempts from your DR, Krotha and friends. Plus getting pushed from DC on the other side and fell down to Roebeck multiple times and still couldn't be taken during prime time hours. This couldn't have happened with TM and us running anywhere up to 12 members at our peek. I do recall wiping your entire guild on breaches quite a few times. You think AD are good AP, you should've seen my screen when a DR group runs through a breech. Surprised I can hit anyone with the AP rolling up the screen.
    Honestly the only serious threat on that campaign is Braidas and his group which work very well together and give them full credit.
    At no stage was I part of taking any home keeps from DC or EP unless it was Arrius or Glademist which was already taken and defended because that's where the action was. Unfortunately with work commitments I can't keep playing as you can see I haven't made points for quite a few days and have been testing out a nightblade which is a different concept to playing a mDK.
    I'm sure that you'll justify something in your mind and dispel it all in your head. As I know you like to run your mouth. But please to save us all of your unnecessary bickering and egotistical behavior just stop. Truth is your barking like a german shepard and look like a chihuahua.
    NA - PC
    AD Uncle Shèo - Magicka DK
    EP Uncle Sheö - Magicka Sorc

RAGE - RIP
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uncle Sheo wrote: »
    Let me leave this here,
    I don't look at forums much at all. But to be honest the way @Rylana talks is like you have the potential to control any campaign.
    I do agree that I wasn't crowned in American prime-time this campaign, I am from Australia so it was my prime time. But was crowned within first day and held back multiple attempts from your DR, Krotha and friends. Plus getting pushed from DC on the other side and fell down to Roebeck multiple times and still couldn't be taken during prime time hours. This couldn't have happened with TM and us running anywhere up to 12 members at our peek. I do recall wiping your entire guild on breaches quite a few times. You think AD are good AP, you should've seen my screen when a DR group runs through a breech. Surprised I can hit anyone with the AP rolling up the screen.
    Honestly the only serious threat on that campaign is Braidas and his group which work very well together and give them full credit.
    At no stage was I part of taking any home keeps from DC or EP unless it was Arrius or Glademist which was already taken and defended because that's where the action was. Unfortunately with work commitments I can't keep playing as you can see I haven't made points for quite a few days and have been testing out a nightblade which is a different concept to playing a mDK.
    I'm sure that you'll justify something in your mind and dispel it all in your head. As I know you like to run your mouth. But please to save us all of your unnecessary bickering and egotistical behavior just stop. Truth is your barking like a german shepard and look like a chihuahua.

How you doin without that malubeth crutch?

Oh you explained it in the part where youre not playing DK anymore, I see I see.

To be more serious about it - sure, its easy to wipe a group on a breach when you have 40 guys stacked there + siege. No big deal, it happens, but catch you open field? hahahahahaha you died so many times as emp despite wearing malugarbage (as emp) with your little templar buttbuddy (also in malubeth) holding your hand the whole way.

I am thinking of that drakelowe fight vs 4 DR where you refused to come off that wall, as Emp, with Purus there, until 15 more AD came down with you. That was.... sad. Really sad.

All of this while sitting at poplock vs 1 bar EP and 2 bar DC during primetime.

So at the end of the day, you still got deposed despite having twice as many numbers as the other two factions combined.

I also like how youre sucking up to Braidas' group there, I like fighting them too, but you came off sounding like a tool just now, fyi.

"Only serious threat"

Ill fight you even numbers any time mate. Any time. You seriously, and I mean seriously underestimate what a 12man DR group can do. hell most of the time thats all weve had out there, even vs TM and all your puglings.

This is what, Tertiary Meat vs DR/GoS round 10 or something? We arent exactly new rivals or anything.

Let me make it more clear. Akarios, Sippy Cup, Marek, a couple of the other guys, we cool, I like TM even if we disagree on some things, I dont like you or your hysterical maluemp dk build (the epitome of crutch)
    Edited by Rylana on August 3, 2016 9:58AM
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭

And no, it's not about majority. It's about proportion. Sure, there are a lot of experienced PvPers. There are a lot of experienced PvPers in all campagins. But in Azura's, there are markedly more low cp players as a portion of the population. I'm talking double digit CP up to 200. They're everywhere.

A majority of the players that consistently PvP there are. Pat Scott, Mikmak, Rylana and DR, Sub, Braidas, Prett, Calamity, Purus, Jayone, Prim, etc. Sure there are plenty of newbies too but a lot of them tend to drop in now and then, have a bit of fun then leave for a few days and come back later on.
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A majority of the players that consistently PvP there are. Pat Scott, Mikmak, Rylana and DR, Sub, Braidas, Prett, Calamity, Purus, Jayone, Prim, etc. Sure there are plenty of newbies too but a lot of them tend to drop in now and then, have a bit of fun then leave for a few days and come back later on.

Kena
    Former Class Rep
    Former Legend GM
    Beta player
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭

Apologies, I misread what you said originally :P
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many quotesssss

There, i fixed it.
  • Cypriot122
    Cypriot122
    ✭✭✭
    "Tertiary Meat vs DR/GoS round 10 or something" Do you mean our 10 vs your 20 in prime time? We know how even fights end up ;)
    :p:p:p
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Caza99 :P
    Kena
    Former Class Rep
    Former Legend GM
    Beta player
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thanks to the EP who defended Alessia last night. That fight was epic. I had so much fun Cold Fire Trebbing you guys on the Mill Side wall. Even Mikmak paddywack came out to the tower to try to get me to stop. He got me for sure but the others got him and rezzed me so I could do it all over again! I must have sieged for over a half hour, it was a ton of fun!

Awesome fight even though AD got pushed back. I'm not sure how it ended out as I had to go make some armor.... DOH!
    NA Server - Kildair
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    My thanks to the EP who defended Alessia last night. That fight was epic. I had so much fun Cold Fire Trebbing you guys on the Mill Side wall. Even Mikmak paddywack came out to the tower to try to get me to stop. He got me for sure but the others got him and rezzed me so I could do it all over again! I must have sieged for over a half hour, it was a ton of fun!

Awesome fight even though AD got pushed back. I'm not sure how it ended out as I had to go make some armor.... DOH!

I couldn't get the PUGs to leave siege and push AD back out when they were weak, DR showed up and pushed AD back to the farm and we got a >11k DTick. Alas, I had set up 80k worth of forward camps and lost both my cold fire ballistas when people took them over.

So that was you on the cold fire. I gotta hand it to AD... ya'll can siege and it seems like even the rawest of recruits gets the memo to plop some down. It's insane how much siege AD will bring to a fight. And where do you get all that cold fire anyway? It's pretty hard to run a stone treb when there are 4 cold fire trained on you every time you get close to it. :'(

@KenaPKK I would not be adverse to trying turning off emp, but I wonder if it might demotivate the new players even more. When pop-locked AD was ruthlessly gate camping 1 bar of EP for a solid week, there were plenty of people crying in chat asking why EP sucks. Getting emp has been a shot of encouragement to EP. Some of those people are actively forming their own groups and trying to push objectives now.
    @Rylana consider capping groups at 12 and then forming second groups entirely to go hit another objective. With time doing that, all factions will spread out, and the map will be more dynamic and balanced overall.

I don't think it would work. DR picks up followers; no surprise when they are they most active and vocal EP guild on the server. Any group of 12 DR is probably actually 20 in prime time. If they split into 2 groups, they'll pick up more followers and some of those EP trying to run other groups will probably follow DR instead.

So now EP and DC both have some visible guilds that help provide structure. I see some of the same guild tabards pop up on AD looking like they are trying to run small groups. Azura's doesn't need more AD, so moving a guild into the server would probably make it worse, but maybe some of those young AD guilds could use some mentoring?
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Rylana you have to admit. At some point a 12 person organized group with TS is seal clubbing against AD pug zergs.

I only hope they come back at some point. Their tactic of leaving and boring you to death seems to be working though.
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    @Rylana you have to admit. At some point a 12 person organized group with TS is seal clubbing against AD pug zergs.

I only hope they come back at some point. Their tactic of leaving and boring you to death seems to be working though.

The best of irony of all of this is that TM actually ran on EP on azuras before the zergs came and ruined our farm. Group of 8 vs 40 AD, easiest farm since 1.5 EP Azura's star and DC chillrend buff servers. We were level 30s getting 75k/hr AP, 600 kills with under 10 deaths in 1.5 hours. Then official haxus raid came over and fighting beside them was bizarre and not fair, then DR started showing up so we decided to get back on AD.

Fast forward to 2 nights ago, seeing 16-20 man DR emp raid, handful of unofficial haxus 2-4 size, Krotha's group 4-8, some of aggripa's guild (who might have been in with the haxus group), easily 30+ skilled EP with emp and 10+ additional pugs moving together from objective to objective since our group of 8-10 AD can't spare the numbers to hit multiple objectives.

Last night I was doing PVE and wanted to slit my wrists.

So having been on both sides of the coin, it is hilarious to whine about 40 AD zerg on azuras because I've farmed them hard - this is not an accomplishment. They are useful on defenses with siege but otherwise they are useless for keep takes against defended keeps - push in, stand in oil in breach and die.

So yes, if TM isn't running (maybe 2-3 times a week) and bringing an 8-10 to spice it up, you will be very bored on azuras. Running over TM with 30+ plus emp is also not an accomplishment and will take 60 secs to wipe instead of 5 secs like the normal AD pop.

I did tell another AD guild (Vexed) about azuras who said they were having fun there last night when they first ported over but will have to check to see how they liked it after staying a while.

I am tempted to spin off and take in the locals and train them but I'm not sure I want to put that level of effort in unless it's a strict RP guild that does things mostly for the lulz. Like RP walk with /drum and /drink3 combo down the road.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

I couldn't get the PUGs to leave siege and push AD back out when they were weak, DR showed up and pushed AD back to the farm and we got a >11k DTick. Alas, I had set up 80k worth of forward camps and lost both my cold fire ballistas when people took them over.

So that was you on the cold fire. I gotta hand it to AD... ya'll can siege and it seems like even the rawest of recruits gets the memo to plop some down. It's insane how much siege AD will bring to a fight. And where do you get all that cold fire anyway? It's pretty hard to run a stone treb when there are 4 cold fire trained on you every time you get close to it. :'(

@KenaPKK I would not be adverse to trying turning off emp, but I wonder if it might demotivate the new players even more. When pop-locked AD was ruthlessly gate camping 1 bar of EP for a solid week, there were plenty of people crying in chat asking why EP sucks. Getting emp has been a shot of encouragement to EP. Some of those people are actively forming their own groups and trying to push objectives now.

I don't think it would work. DR picks up followers; no surprise when they are they most active and vocal EP guild on the server. Any group of 12 DR is probably actually 20 in prime time. If they split into 2 groups, they'll pick up more followers and some of those EP trying to run other groups will probably follow DR instead.

So now EP and DC both have some visible guilds that help provide structure. I see some of the same guild tabards pop up on AD looking like they are trying to run small groups. Azura's doesn't need more AD, so moving a guild into the server would probably make it worse, but maybe some of those young AD guilds could use some mentoring?

@NBrookus Yeah, that was me on the Cold fire treb. I went through about 50 repair kits keeping that sucker healed up. in the end I ended up losing it but that was on the huge push you guys made about 40 minutes into the battle. Luckily I still have more!

I get them from all over, Dolmens, guild traders, anyplace I can! I love them. They work great with Vicious Death sets also but luckily for you guys I didn't have mine on.... :D
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

@NBrookus Yeah, that was me on the Cold fire treb. I went through about 50 repair kits keeping that sucker healed up. in the end I ended up losing it but that was on the huge push you guys made about 40 minutes into the battle. Luckily I still have more!

I get them from all over, Dolmens, guild traders, anyplace I can! I love them. They work great with Vicious Death sets also but luckily for you guys I didn't have mine on.... :D

I got three cold fire trebs last night bored dolmen farming. I have a full VD set, now I'm going to have to try that XD
  • E-Zekiel
    E-Zekiel
    ✭✭✭
    @Rylana I have to say I'm glad to see someone thinking this way, particularly since I'm on the same faction as you. My biggest issue with DC has long been exactly that - there is little to no sportsmanship, meaning literally taking EVERY keep, EVERY resource, just EVERYTHING.

I was "glad" when AD broke DC a few times because initially they seemed more sportsmanlike but they really went overboard last week >_>

I'm glad to see with us pushing hard though, there are people that remember it's a video game and it's meant to be fun. It's no fun when you completely cripple the opposition to the point they don't even want to try.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@Robbmrp You probably got me - I died 3 times in that battle; twice I had just put a fresh camp up and was suicidally trying to get EP to push, but the first time I got nailed with 4 cold fire at once and no amount of mist forming and a tripot was fixing that!

@Minalan Flaming oils over breaches, too.
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    lol im not gonna create a giant quote train quoting Raylana's silly nonsense

I'll just lay out the hypocrisies he/she does and says.

1. the roebeck LM farming excuse was "waaa we were outnumbered and people were sieging us on the wall inside the keep".....yet you successfully take the keep 2 hours later after farming which nulls and voids that excuse. If you would have just sieged up and taken it I wouldn't have said anything but instead you guys farmed AD pugs for 2 hours there. That's the kinda *** that kills campaigns. EP is notorious for tower farming. I have yet to be in an AD group that actually does successfully tower farm people and I've pvp'ed a fair bit.

2. You praise patrick scott calling him a great player surprised he hasn't been emp yet. Then criticize sheo for using malubeth....which patrick scott uses too lol

3. A lot of people also don't know all the crying and whining you did on Haderus AD chat last year when people from Australia would play. Which you STILL DO, I stopped playing for a year and saw you posting and knew your name looked familiar. A week or so ago you started calling us the chinese zergers lolol

You clearly have delusions of grandeur and even now you speak like some sort of representative for all of EP by claiming no one is invading the home keeps...yet when called out on it you say your guild hasn't lol
    Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
    Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
    Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal
This discussion has been closed.