Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Azura's Star NA PC Thread

• Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you can't tell someone you love them by squatting on their face, how else are you supposed to express that love and admiration?
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can't tell someone you love them by squatting on their face, how else are you supposed to express that love and admiration?

Btw, plz unblock me in game. Several times I've wanted to express my love and how much I miss you and I can't. And it's distressing. :'(
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    I said ignoring you was the better option cause you reallllyyyy don't want to know what I'm thinking about you, bud.

But ya just keep pushing don't you?

I don't have much self control, admittedly, but enough not to say everything I'm thinking or even repeat everything you over shared in zone chat about yourself.

*criticizes someone for calling zone idiots* *Is mean himself as well*

Should be a meme or something.

Nice rebuttal though. You really addressed the points I brought up so well

The better option would be to just apologize....so hard I know
    Edited by Mutagem on August 18, 2016 7:39PM
    Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
    Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
    Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Dance, at the end of my dance ( if they are still laying there ) I move my arms in the shape of a heart to show my love.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    Tbagging is always one of two things -- a sigh of affection from a friend, or an indication of salt from a foe outdone.

I'm curious, I got t-bagged by 12 players at once. Does that mean they really really love me?

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yikes! Still fishing for an apology? It's looking fairly obvious you're not getting one, for better or for worse. Probably should cut your losses and agree to disagree or whatever. Have you ever tried getting a two-year-old to apologize? Did it seem that they were the least bit sincere if/when they finally caved, especially with the incident still raw in their mind? If so, you have one special and empathetic child beyond their years. This will hold for adults, especially when belittled into the same situation as said two-year-old. IF you're getting an apology, it will be after the dust has settled and people have taken time to reflect on their actions. Rubbing salt in will not hasten this, and I'd wager you'd already precluded yourself from one in whomever's eyes.

If you really are offended, have a calm, private conversation with said person taking care to see things from their side. That's the adult way to handle this, and elicits a positive response almost exclusively. At the very least you two will have a greater understanding of one another.

Here's your soap box back, I'm done using it.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    Yikes! Still fishing for an apology? It's looking fairly obvious you're not getting one, for better or for worse. Probably should cut your losses and agree to disagree or whatever. Have you ever tried getting a two-year-old to apologize? Did it seem that they were the least bit sincere if/when they finally caved, especially with the incident still raw in their mind? If so, you have one special and empathetic child beyond their years. This will hold for adults, especially when belittled into the same situation as said two-year-old. IF you're getting an apology, it will be after the dust has settled and people have taken time to reflect on their actions. Rubbing salt in will not hasten this, and I'd wager you'd already precluded yourself from one in whomever's eyes.

If you really are offended, have a calm, private conversation with said person taking care to see things from their side. That's the adult way to handle this, and elicits a positive response almost exclusively. At the very least you two will have a greater understanding of one another.

Here's your soap box back, I'm done using it.

I actually think this is pretty on point. Just to note though I did send them a whisper to try and converse about it privately but as I stated they said ignoring it was the better option. Thanks for putting that out there though.
  • lepemetus
    lepemetus
    ✭✭
    So it's interesting to hear there are people who exclusively play in Non-CP campaigns - I guess I assumed it was mostly people who were on their way to the CP cap.

To those who do, what is your experience when you play in campaigns with CP points? Do you find that having the core non-CP solid build that allows you to be efficient in Azura's star helps you in other campaigns, or are some of these builds simply not as effective when up against specific CP combinations (like shield breakers, etc...)

I've tried every campaign in every alliance, but I haven't really settled on where I want to stay longer term, so I'm just curious what other people's experiences are -> ideally I'd like to have a setup that I can enjoy playing in CP and non-CP campaigns alike, but I don't know if I'm fooling myself thinking I could get that to work.
    Edited by lepemetus on October 8, 2016 7:12AM
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lepemetus azura to me is what PVP should be. You have resource management choices to make and you have to build around not having those CP.

I don't go into the CP campaigns because I don't like getting one-shot and I enjoy playing builds that are not meta-friendly.

I know I can't compete against 531CP players with the toolset I like to play with, so I don't try.

I don't know of anyone who uses the same setup in Azura and CP campaign, but they probably exist.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lepemetus wrote: »
    So it's interesting to hear there are people who exclusively play in Non-CP campaigns - I guess I assumed it was mostly people who were on their way to the CP cap.

To those who do, what is your experience when you play in campaigns with CP points? Do you find that having the core non-CP solid build that allows you to be efficient in Azura's star helps you in other campaigns, or are some of these builds simply not as effective when up against specific CP combinations (like shield breakers, etc...)

To me, playing with no CP forces you to make significant choices not only with your build (because you can't make up stuff that is lacking with CP), but with the skills you are using when and how much. Resource management is really important. I also feel the magicka/stamina imbalance is less.

I believe playing with no-CP is making me a better player... but no, I can't use the same build in CP versus non-CP.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great... so.... let's stop bickering and move on...

I've tried every campaign in every alliance, but I haven't really settled on where I want to stay longer term, so I'm just curious what other people's experiences are -> ideally I'd like to have a setup that I can enjoy playing in CP and non-CP campaigns alike, but I don't know if I'm fooling myself thinking I could get that to work.
    I feel like playing without CP forces people to spec out their characters less for burst but more for sustain. Also I feel like it gives smaller, skilled groups a better chance to overcome a larger group that is less coordinated, which is how our guild tends to run. You still get some lag when two larger groups clash, but overall I've had better experiences in the no-CP campaign.

For me, generally going from CP to no-CP I switch from health/stamina food (on my stamblade) to the wrothgar health/stamina regen food. Not all my builds can be so easily adapted, but that works for most of them. Really it's just my primary stat regen that I have to get to a better place. I have less stamina overall and I lose my bonus damage from CP, but I also lose my bonus mitigation from CP so that balances out a bit. But simply having less stamina, or less magicka in my templar's case, means that we have to be more careful with our resources and we lose a fair amount of damage if you compare tooltip numbers.

I think for a lot of us it harkens back to the gameplay of 1.5 that we recall fondly.
    .....also.... please.... message privately whatever nonsense issues you have with each other and let the rest of us use this forum as a... forum
    This went on for at least two evenings in zone chat, but let's hope for the best.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »

Btw, plz unblock me in game. Several times I've wanted to express my love and how much I miss you and I can't. And it's distressing. :'(

I'm willing to unblock and forgive as long as you're willing to be calm. I'm not in charge of anything anymore. I'm just me.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    Mutagem wrote: »
    Funny how Mikhail was saying "oh i'm so sorry the zone didnt give you hugs" but then its turned around when someone else isnt giving the zone hugs....

It's "Mihail," without the "k," if that helps. But then again, I don't get ass-hurt if someone botches my video game toon name.

On that note, if you're going to use parentheses around a sentence, insinuating that it's a quote, then you need to actually "quote" what was said.

What I said was, "I'm sorry that people in AD zone chat don't apologize and hug you enough." At least quote it right. Jesus... just copy/paste. It's not hard. lol

And, are you insinuating that I've sought after hugs in zone chat? lol?

As for your continued ravings about people offending you and not apologizing (that's what this is really about, isn't it?)...
    A player doesn't HAVE to apologize to you. And probably WON'T, if you keep dragging this thread through the same toilet that you do in zone.

People are going to be brutal. It's PvP.

If you can't deal with that, just leave and find something else to do in game. Christ... you already said you were leaving. So... leave.

Start your own thread about "Game Emotions" and "Personal Development."
    Whatever. But, stop trolling and fishing for apologies that simply aren't coming.
    Edited by Heike on August 18, 2016 9:32PM
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jesus, you guys are stillllllll going on about this 12 hours later?! But "I" am the one who rants for hours over nothing right lol, I ruined AD allllllll by myself.
    Former Emperor
    Animus Impetum -DC- Magplar
    Animus Impetus -AD- Magplar
    Impetus Animus -EP- Magplar
    Kryptonite Kent -AD- Stamblade
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started PvPing in Azura's for two reasons: I was not at the CP cap and I did not want to respec from PvE CP to PvP CP all the time. Way too costly. I told myself I couldn't compete with the CP players unless that I was cap, but since reaching the cap, I couldn't bring myself to switch over because things were already great without CP. Azura's suits me perfectly because I am a soloer--product of not being able to find groups when I started off. No one would invite a pug like me so I had to "git gud"--so the smaller group environment meant I could have a real impact in sieges etc if I played my cards right. No CP also means I also don't have to worry about super burst builds that require a specific counter or whatever. Damage is more balanced in Azura's (I haven't taken a 5-digit hit here) but stamina is still OP. Btw I'm a butthurt light armour magplar so take that at face value.

When visiting Haderus I find that, with PvE CP allotment, I can still hold my own just as well but have resources that's last much longer than pure CP players, if less damage, because that's how I build to survive in Azura's. My personal bias is that CP is a crutch and I pride myself in being able to not depend on it. The lack of CP has also shaped my opinion that CP is OP and we might all be better off with its complete removal. 25% bonus in any stat is a balancing nightmare.

TL;DR Azura's is fun and swapping in and out of CP isn't a handicap. I hope more people can learn to enjoy it like I do, unless they lag up my beautiful campaign.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭

.....also.... please.... message privately whatever nonsense issues you have with each other and let the rest of us use this forum as a... forum

I have yet to swap my armor sets around when hopping from AZ to the two CP campaigns. The only thing I have found that has changed with my playstyle is that my regen goes up and I can tank more. I try not and change my builds around much if/when I do go into the CP campaigns because I figure if it works without CP it will still work with CP, just a little better.

Sure I have sets/builds designed around CP, but they are the same sets everyone runs and anyone that sees me hit an entropy and a dark flare knows to expect a charge/jabs/RD combo. So I try and run things that people that know what to look for aren't used to seeing. This can also lead to a lot more deaths/resource issues, but I'd prefer to run a more difficult build with some sustain problems as opposed to being easily countered by anyone that watches a 1vX video.
    Marek
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is DC still gatecamping? I know everyone always complains about gatecampers and people who nightcap everything, but I love it! I have some of my best fights killing gatecampers. Back when Azuras first became no cp and there were usually less than 10 ep in the whole campaign at a time, killing gatecampers was all I did and I loved it. I miss the good ol days of Azuras. If you ever think you are outnumbered ever in pvp, just think to back when Azuras first started when EP having more than 10 people online was like we were pop locked.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Killing gatecampers is always good fun, because it's typically the other factions' baddies trying to do it. Got a 25k gate tick once, the second biggest tick I've gotten on Azura's after a 44k tick at Roebeck a couple months back. Always good fun, and no latent guilt for farming them as they entered a scroll-less gate.
    • PC/NA
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    Mihail respond to this first then I will consider responding to that. You don't just get to sidestep the point I made about you deeming it acceptable to make fun of Autism unless its not proven the person has it
    Mutagem wrote: »
    That he would report someone, after ripping people with hate all night, just goes to prove my point...

Your point was that 99% was one person...when CLEARLY making a mock guild, trolling with it, then getting a 72 hour ban proves its NOT 99% one person.

Because I said its true doesn't make it true you say, okay, So you're telling me that a whole guild leaving due to trolling/bullying equates to only 1% of the toxic chat...That's some flawed logic but believe what you like I suppose.

The whole point of why an insult was hurled at me last night because I was accusing others of antagonizing the situation further but instead they lash out and insult me due to me trying to get them to be accountable for antagonizing the situation further? Okay...
    Yes......... I was talking about you. Go ahead and post the screenshots of someone not being nice to you. We're all waiting. Jesus... it's like pulling teeth.

I said "I took screenshots if necessary". I don't deem it necessary to post them. I don't wish to rehash the emotions I went through last night. I'm not asking for pictures of your kids am I?
    Where do you come up with some of your thinking...? Where did I make fun of Autism? You twist what I said into THAT? lol?

I'll bow out of this now. I'm sorry people in AD zone chat don't apologize and hug you enough. smh

Again, to everyone else here: I think the campaign will level out.

Do I really have to spell it out for you again....

Your words:
    As for the toxicity in AD zone chat: The person who was "made fun of" for "being autistic" brings 99% of the cancerous chat to AD zone. Sorry. And I'd kinda like to have RL proof that he's autistic, because it wouldn't shock me at all, if he did NOT have it. And THAT would disgust me.

Your statement there deems the comments to be justified because you personally don't believe they have it. Thus stating its acceptable to make fun of autism if there's no proof of them having it. WHICH IS STILL MAKING FUN OF AUTISM DUDE! Holy...If not directly but supporting it and implying its acceptable practice. Which may as well be saying it imo

For the record said person has been rude several times but 99% is absolute garbage. People need to own up to their own actions and fueling the fire. Hell he even APOLOGIZED for it the other night and someone said "nice ass sucking there"...like yes lets troll someone owning up to their mistakes but still make it all up to be their fault. 99% right?

• LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Killing gatecampers is always good fun, because it's typically the other factions' baddies trying to do it. Got a 25k gate tick once, the second biggest tick I've gotten on Azura's after a 44k tick at Roebeck a couple months back. Always good fun, and no latent guilt for farming them as they entered a scroll-less gate.

44k tick?! Wow. I highest is like 15k.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We got a 21k tick after a roebuck defense I think 2 weeks ago, was a 2.5hour assualt
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm willing to unblock and forgive as long as you're willing to be calm. I'm not in charge of anything anymore. I'm just me.

I am also often solo or duo. I can be calm. o:)
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I have yet to swap my armor sets around when hopping from AZ to the two CP campaigns. The only thing I have found that has changed with my playstyle is that my regen goes up and I can tank more. I try not and change my builds around much if/when I do go into the CP campaigns because I figure if it works without CP it will still work with CP, just a little better.

Sure I have sets/builds designed around CP, but they are the same sets everyone runs and anyone that sees me hit an entropy and a dark flare knows to expect a charge/jabs/RD combo. So I try and run things that people that know what to look for aren't used to seeing. This can also lead to a lot more deaths/resource issues, but I'd prefer to run a more difficult build with some sustain problems as opposed to being easily countered by anyone that watches a 1vX video.

I don't swap gear between CP or non CP, just mundus stones (offense versus regen).

Between PVP and PVE, I think I drop a resto staff and one or two skills for something else. Because in a group you shouldn't be healing yourself.

Now can we steer this thread away from the trail of butt hurt tears it has become?
    Edited by Minalan on August 19, 2016 2:07PM
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    How many folks are breaking away from fights in AZ, to grab the new gear from towns? (And, is any of the PvP gear good?)

On an AP note, I ran with Disas to help her finish the quests up in Bruma, and got 3K+ AP, just standing there while NPCs fought each other. wtf? lol

Thank you to the DC that were up there and left us alone; even let us do the dolmen with them. Very, very cool.
    Mihail Heike

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heike wrote: »
    How many folks are breaking away from fights in AZ, to grab the new gear from towns? (And, is any of the PvP gear good?)

On an AP note, I ran with Disas to help her finish the quests up in Bruma, and got 3K+ AP, just standing there while NPCs fought each other. wtf? lol

Thank you to the DC that were up there and left us alone; even let us do the dolmen with them. Very, very cool.

Here's a list of everything sold:

https://m.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/4vuvo5/list_of_sets_sold_by_cyrodiil_town_merchants/

Grace of the ancients is good for a magicka build, as is the three piece archmage for non-CP (recovery and more recovery).

I don't know about Stam, but I did buy a whole ravager set for a guild mate, because she hates to PVP. I'm sitting on probably 2-3 million AP that I'll never use...
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For stam Ravager is good, and I use Morag Tong in some of my builds. Ravager is from Vlastarus and Morag Tong is from Bruma. I also picked up some Potentates jewelry for my DK from Vlastarus.
    • PC/NA
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did AD end up getting emp last night? Think they were 2 keeps away when I logged. TM had a good run though with our group varying from 10 to 14 in size, I hit 400 kills as the healer and we had several over 500. Finished 400 kills against 10 deaths.
    • PC/NA
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    Did AD end up getting emp last night? Think they were 2 keeps away when I logged. TM had a good run though with our group varying from 10 to 14 in size, I hit 400 kills as the healer and we had several over 500. Finished 400 kills against 10 deaths.

I don't know if they did or not. We all logged off at 1:30a CST, and we weren't even trying for Emp; focused on grouping for scrolls. But, RoB only ran with 12 people.

DBD didn't run last night, and QD and QE aren't running in this campaign. So, what you probably saw from AD was 95% pugs or questers.

I'm assuming DC recapped at around 4am. Again, I don't know. We had logged.

Speaking of TM, I haven't seen ANY of you running. Are you on a specific faction right now?

Mihail Heike

~Mihail Heike
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heike wrote: »

I don't know if they did or not. We all logged off at 1:30a CST, and we weren't even trying for Emp; focused on grouping for scrolls. But, RoB only ran with 12 people.

DBD didn't run last night, and QD and QE aren't running in this campaign. So, what you probably saw from AD was 95% pugs or questers.

I'm assuming DC recapped at around 4am. Again, I don't know. We had logged.

Speaking of TM, I haven't seen ANY of you running. Are you on a specific faction right now?

Remember when bleakers was yellow for no reason last night for an hour or so?

I believe this will answer your question.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He might not be into the sub portion of the face sitting kink lifestyle :(.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
This discussion has been closed.