Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Azura's Star NA PC Thread

• Ringsel
    Ringsel
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone, im new here
    First EP Stamblade Emperor in more than 1 year @ No-CP, and First and Only Emperor in the first campaign of Sotha Sil.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    hi and herro
    Edited by Armitas on August 10, 2016 11:36AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    anyone wanna see DR not zerging, hop on azura right now

I feel like the guar is your spirit animal xD

Reliable, strong, loyal, dependable, friendly.

I'll take it
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • ChrisXO
    ChrisXO
    ✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    Haha yeah. I literally got t-bagged by EP zerglings more last night than I did in 8 months in BwB. Kids will be kids I guess.

I watched a DC learn how to teabag the other night. Watched the lightbulb come on over his head. He was sitting there watching somebody else do it, so he knelt down, paused a moment, brought himself back up, paused a moment, and began practicing putting the 2 together. I was happy for him, he was obviously very proud of this accomplishment.

D'aw. Like watching your child get on the bus for the first day of kindergarten. *tear*
    - ad scrub -
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChrisXO wrote: »
    Haha yeah. I literally got t-bagged by EP zerglings more last night than I did in 8 months in BwB. Kids will be kids I guess.

I watched a DC learn how to teabag the other night. Watched the lightbulb come on over his head. He was sitting there watching somebody else do it, so he knelt down, paused a moment, brought himself back up, paused a moment, and began practicing putting the 2 together. I was happy for him, he was obviously very proud of this accomplishment.

D'aw. Like watching your child get on the bus for the first day of kindergarten. *tear*

More like a short bus, full of many other 'special needs' children.

I don't get how people feel the need to teabag a kill that isn't theirs to begin with. Guys that never even got in a hit are bagging it up. It's like saying... "I disrespect your skills. You know, the skills that I apparently don't have because I could never kill you myself. But this is funny and it makes you mad right?"

No. Not really.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    ChrisXO wrote: »

More like a short bus, full of many other 'special needs' children.

I don't get how people feel the need to teabag a kill that isn't theirs to begin with. Guys that never even got in a hit are bagging it up. It's like saying... "I disrespect your skills. You know, the skills that I apparently don't have because I could never kill you myself. But this is funny and it makes you mad right?"

No. Not really.

I just laugh at those fools....
    NA Server - Kildair
  • lepemetus
    lepemetus
    ✭✭
    @bitaken, I remember starting out in Azura's star when I first came to Cyrodiil (around 300CP or so at the time), and had a lot of fun learning the basics there - I remember your group was always a lot of fun and always very helpful to newer players.
    I since moved on to Trueflame, and then Haderus, as I started theorycrafting different builds with CP points. I was always of the mindset that CP allows you to do more combinations and therefore gives you more options for customizing.
    Unfortunately there seems to be a lot of negativity in those campaigns with players simply taking themselves way too seriously - it's just a game after all.

So now I stumbled upon this post and am thinking it'd be a good idea to go back to Azura to test out how my build stacks up without any CP. Are you guys still active?
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lepemetus wrote: »
    @bitaken, I remember starting out in Azura's star when I first came to Cyrodiil (around 300CP or so at the time), and had a lot of fun learning the basics there - I remember your group was always a lot of fun and always very helpful to newer players.
    I since moved on to Trueflame, and then Haderus, as I started theorycrafting different builds with CP points. I was always of the mindset that CP allows you to do more combinations and therefore gives you more options for customizing.
    Unfortunately there seems to be a lot of negativity in those campaigns with players simply taking themselves way too seriously - it's just a game after all.

So now I stumbled upon this post and am thinking it'd be a good idea to go back to Azura to test out how my build stacks up without any CP. Are you guys still active?

Omg yessssss there are way too many people who prefer this game to real life and take the game and their toons insanely seriously. Smfh.
    Edited by God_flakes on August 11, 2016 12:52AM
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭

The campaign is still very active tho I don't think bitaken still runs there
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »

Omg yessssss there are way too many people who prefer this game to real life and take the game and their toons insanely seriously. Smfh.

Real life sucks, it's viscious and full of death.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    God_flakes wrote: »

Real life sucks, it's viscious and full of death.

i see what you did there.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was a great weekend with Emperor Subtomik.

For the record, he (and many others) refused the calls from the DC dipsh**s that wanted to focus on AD home keeps. They were left to die out there, while the rest of us held what we could on the ring.

Other than that, It was great fun this weekend, I think I even got Rylana's people once.
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    The map this morning lol

Gate camping at it's finest, Was going to gank a couple but realized my food buffs ran out :/

Probably going to play on a different server for awhile though. The AD chat has become so toxic that no one gets anything done anymore. It even reached an all time low making fun of a player with Autism, I was also insulted by a former emp with something very personal to me and I got pretty upset in real life and they wouldn't even apologize for it.

Edit: Oh I never insulted them either.

Screenshot_20160817_101115.png
    Edited by Mutagem on August 17, 2016 5:03PM
    Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
    Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
    Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mutagem wrote: »
    The map this morning lol

Gate camping at it's finest, Was going to gank a couple but realized my food buffs ran out :/

Probably going to play on a different server for awhile though. The AD chat has become so toxic that no one gets anything done anymore. It even reached an all time low making fun of a player with Autism, I was also insulted by a former emp with something very personal to me and I got pretty upset in real life and they wouldn't even apologize for it.

It will be nice when all of the 12 year olds are back in school next week.....
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I refuse to be anywhere near these people and havent touched a scroll since I have been crowned. I and many others do our best to reel them in but its impossible.

The most frustrating part is, they are no where to be found when we actually need help, all they want to do is outnumber and crush the opposing faction. All 3 factions have these players and they are beyond toxic to the health of the realm.

Im currently going to take a nap and enjoy this summer rain shower until AD at least pushes the triangle.

As for the real life insults. Get those people banned. Its one thing to throw shade for fun to those in on the banter, what you are describing is abhorrent.
    MAIN: Subtomik |DC| Templar| Grand Overlord| Magicka since release(GET RID OF RD and give me back blinding flashes!)
    Scrubtomik|EP |Templar|Rerolled to help outnumbered EP
    Urban Youth|DC | Nightblade|AVA RANK 15| Stam
    Not A Racist |EP|Nightblade| Magicka| Maelstrom farmer
    Triggered Liberal|DC| New maelstrom farmer lol
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

GM of Full Metal Carebears
    No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

Gone but not forgotten, Braidas, Marku, and a dozen other heroes
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gate camping? Is that what happened after the nightcap? Classy. I would have cold fire'd them.

Azura's has turned into nothing but a zergfest lately.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really disappointed this happened, though not surprised. Would not be surprised if AD did it rather than DC. We've had some pretty nice balance for the most part the past week or two, even if it's zergy sometimes.

AD zone chat was a mess last night though, filled with bickering and infighting. Maybe they've got it out of their system now, but I feel it had a big impact on our population and our pugs' morale.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    The map this morning lol

That looks like a picture from the gates of Bloodthorn.

... which is not a compliment...

Those DC could really be used on Trueflame to help pull them up out of 3rd place. They had a strong showing last night with Subtomik's group guesting over, but it tapered off by today.

Come play over on True, DC. Leave the smaller groups to run around Azura's and DO NOT camp gates like that. It's the surest and quickest way to drive players out of your campaign permanently. That ruins everyone's fun.

Stay classy. Have fights. Have fun.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The map this morning lol

Those DC could really be used on Trueflame to help pull them up out of 3rd place. They had a strong showing last night with Subtomik's group guesting over, but it tapered off by today.

Come play over on True, DC. Leave the smaller groups to run around Azura's and DO NOT camp gates like that. It's the surest and quickest way to drive players out of your campaign permanently. That ruins everyone's fun.

I've done the same. I'm hoping @Rylana And his people re-crown and kick DC to the gates for a bit until the kiddies leave. Then it'll get more interesting.

Where are all of the Reds?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The map this morning lol

This^. When I said everyone should play on Azura, I didn't mean only DC lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping @Rylana And his people re-crown and kick DC to the gates for a bit until the kiddies leave. Then it'll get more interesting.

Well, I left for Had last night about the 5th time I got zerged down by 30+ blues. @Rylana could say for sure, but I don't think DR will be running a big group again until Friday. The other EP guilds are just not big enough or organized enough to pull off a dethrone alone. DR isn't quite either, but the pugs will follow their lead.

But let's please NOT escalate the situation by making gate camping the normal thing.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Word is, there is actually a group of Blues called the Bandits or something that routinely switch to whatever side is on top. They were in EP zone last night bantering about how awesome it is to make the populations skew in favor of the winning side at the time.

@rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    Word is, there is actually a group of Blues called the Bandits or something that routinely switch to whatever side is on top. They were in EP zone last night bantering about how awesome it is to make the populations skew in favor of the winning side at the time.

Wow. What a bunch of preening tryhards.

WTB Dynamic population caps to prevent this type of foolhardiness.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also regarding the gate camping issue, I am currently talking to the other leaders of the guild and we dont condone gate camping, and most likely wont do it ourselves, but i will gladly humiliate and farm these scrub blues that are causing problems.

@rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Wow, that's terrible.

The game is ten times more fun fighting an ocean of AD. And winning.

Or you know. Make it so you can't have two characters from different factions in the same campaign. It wasn't that bad of a problem then..
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭

Wow, that's terrible.

The game is ten times more fun fighting an ocean of AD. And winning.

Or you know. Make it so you can't have two characters from different factions in the same campaign. It wasn't that bad of a problem then..

I think restricting us from having multiple faction characters in the same campaign would be an issue while we only have 3 level 50+ campaigns and only 2 CP-enabled ones. Players like myself with multiple characters in DC and EP would probably not be happy with that :P I like the idea and think it should be a thing but it would prevent me from playing how I please. It might stop the people who jump factions to the winning side, but it also affects the players who do the 'right thing' so to speak.
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the campaign had a healthy regular population, one group hopping from fation to faction wouldn't make or break the campaign, and honestly, I wonder if these "bandits" actually do. Do we know who they are? Don't jump to conclusions that if we were all under some dynamic pop cap or faction lock rules, the game would be roses. Big government is never the answer, kids.
    Kena
    Former Class Rep
    Former Legend GM
    Beta player
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the camping was a surprise when I saw it.

I was asked about my stance on the current Emp, and I'll stand by my thoughts: I was wrong about his gameplay before; he's a man of his word. My wife and I were questing and ran into him, and he left us alone, focusing more on defending. And I've not seen him or his group do anything shady. At all.

And I'm AD.

As for the toxicity in AD zone chat: The person who was "made fun of" for "being autistic" brings 99% of the cancerous chat to AD zone. Sorry. And I'd kinda like to have RL proof that he's autistic, because it wouldn't shock me at all, if he did NOT have it. And THAT would disgust me.

The map will balance itself out, and gameplay seems to be without as much exploiting/cheating... though I'm sure it's still there.

The battles at Allessia and Roe last night, though they left me disgusted with many ADs failure to charge forward through a breach, were fantastic. Yeah... AD lost. But there were lessons learned.

To finish this: I'm starting to see EP zergs that are much larger than any AD pug group out there, so hopefully we won't have to hear anymore of this "... the Pact only runs in small tight knit groups and never zergs." LOL

Lets stop the cancerous zone chat, then the faction-hopping... and just get it on for 2 weeks. Cheers,
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭

They're just focusing on pushing more "South" than "West." lol

Trust me, though, the Reds are here. In force.

Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    lol @ the 12 year olds in school comment
    Chuga_Rei wrote: »
    I refuse to be anywhere near these people and havent touched a scroll since I have been crowned. I and many others do our best to reel them in but its impossible.

The most frustrating part is, they are no where to be found when we actually need help, all they want to do is outnumber and crush the opposing faction. All 3 factions have these players and they are beyond toxic to the health of the realm.

Im currently going to take a nap and enjoy this summer rain shower until AD at least pushes the triangle.

As for the real life insults. Get those people banned. Its one thing to throw shade for fun to those in on the banter, what you are describing is abhorrent.

You've always been solid in my eyes Subtomik and I know when I saw that that you had absolutely no power or intent for it to happen so no need to justify it in my eyes.

As for what was said towards me I took screenshots of it if necessary. It wasn't one of those insults that was a very aggressive tone it was just something that hit home for some of my past I have had to deal with and it really upset me. I don't doubt that the intent wasn't that malicious, however for the person to flat out refuse to apologize when I whispered them, told zone chat, and he just refused to even talk to me after shows the magnitude of the toxicity of the chat.
    Heike wrote: »
    Yeah, the camping was a surprise when I saw it.

I was asked about my stance on the current Emp, and I'll stand by my thoughts: I was wrong about his gameplay before; he's a man of his word. My wife and I were questing and ran into him, and he left us alone, focusing more on defending. And I've not seen him or his group do anything shady. At all.

And I'm AD.

As for the toxicity in AD zone chat: The person who was "made fun of" for "being autistic" brings 99% of the cancerous chat to AD zone. Sorry. And I'd kinda like to have RL proof that he's autistic, because it wouldn't shock me at all, if he did NOT have it. And THAT would disgust me.

The map will balance itself out, and gameplay seems to be without as much exploiting/cheating... though I'm sure it's still there.

The battles at Allessia and Roe last night, though they left me disgusted with many ADs failure to charge forward through a breach, were fantastic. Yeah... AD lost. But there were lessons learned.

To finish this: I'm starting to see EP zergs that are much larger than any AD pug group out there, so hopefully we won't have to hear anymore of this "... the Pact only runs in small tight knit groups and never zergs." LOL

Lets stop the cancerous zone chat, then the faction-hopping... and just get it on for 2 weeks. Cheers,

I hope you're joking, If you seriously believe that then wow. okay where to start

First off, I did value your input on the keep attacks and what to do differently. That was all good

Secondly, why should someone have to "prove" they have autism? Also why would you add quotes to "making fun of" when it was actually that? Making fun of Autism should be intolerable, period, end of story and to hear you justifying it occurring makes me sick.

Also 99%...really? What about the one person who made a mock guild to troll another guild that was running things and said guild mocked is now leaving at the end of the campaign because of it.

The whole reason I was insulted in the first place was because I was telling the person who was antagonizing the person you mentioned in question not to add to the problem and stop adding fuel to the fire. So 99% yeah right lol That's the jist of it, I am not gonna go on and on about it though

Edit: Actually why did I even bother typing all that out....you justified that it's okay to make fun of someone with Autism.
    Edited by Mutagem on August 17, 2016 11:48PM
    Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
    Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
    Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal
This discussion has been closed.