Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

I just want to give a friendly tip to the eso community :)

Savage_Audacity
Savage_Audacity
✭✭✭
If you want to get rid of negativity on the forums or anywhere really, then do not address that negativity period. THINK ABOUT IT!!! Want proof? check out my thread thanking ZOS for crafting bags. I did my absolute best to not address a single negative comment and guess what... as of thursday june 2nd 2016 at 5:22 am a large majority of that thread is extremely positive and productive to my effort in thanking ZOS aka my primary goal. Again, PLEASE THINK ABOUT IT? Do your best not to overlook this simply because you think it wont help because myself and im sure many others think and feel this way. And yes, we may be wrong (which i am saying out of open-mindedness) but whos to say we are wrong until we give it 100% of our efforts and try it to try and spread the message? Dont get me wrong though! This one thread is going to end world wide negativity and may not even have any impact at all. Both are possibilities, but at the same time what is a possibility is that 5 people may have their eyes opened to how great positivity can be! All I ASK from any of you is to be considerate, open-minded, and if you feel inclined to do so then please join my effort in spreading positivity anywhere/anytime you can. If not then that is your choice and I will not tell anyone how to live their life. All i can do is my part, your part is up to you! Thanks for reading and have a great day! BUT WAIT!!! Do not forget to spread some positivity today and maybe just maybe tomorrow :)
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this one wonders - if your sugar dealer ever leaves town maybe you could consider making a purchase from khajiit or one of her associates yes?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See no evil you say?
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm so positive about all the negativity this last dlc brought us.
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reconsidered reading your text instead of tl:dr,.....

#LineBreakes for all the happy people
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, it's pretty much a fact. When you don't pay attention to trolls, they get bored. Same goes for most negative people in general.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How would we get improvements if we dont say anything negative?

Since release players complained about the limited storage space, this led to the introduction of the crafting bag.

I personally think the (negative) feedback is really good, it means that people care enough to say what can be improved.
    Fact is that not every player can pleased, that why its good we can discuss positive and negative features on this forum.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    So this one wonders - if your sugar dealer ever leaves town maybe you could consider making a purchase from khajiit or one of her associates yes?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

It took me a little while to think of an appropriate response to your question. I am no expert on this whole positivity thing but i am striving to be more positive. With that said, would you mind messaging me so I can answer your question there?

• Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    sdtlc wrote: »
    I reconsidered reading your text instead of tl:dr,.....

#LineBreakes for all the happy people
    I am not exactly sure what you just said. I am sorry.

• Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a positivity thread a couple of days before DB OP and only 1 person complained on it and I also ignored it.
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »
    See no evil you say?
    Not neccesarily but I think I am able to see the issue from your perspective.

• Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    Just to let everyone know in advance, i will not be replying to every single comment but what I will do is try my best to pick the best and most relevant comments (all subjective thoughts here) and respind to them accordingly. My hope is to try and set the best example I can for like minded readers to see what positivity can do as well as learn and see things from other peoples perspectives.
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol Zenimax are already aware that if they ignore it long enough people just give up and go elsewhere.

If there is no negativity or complaints nothing will ever be fixed or changed remember that...
    Edited by Thornen on June 2, 2016 11:16AM
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand where you are coming from and neg comments in the whole are not worth it, but saying that zos needs some neg comments in order to make there game better, stopping in game elite behaviour and the recent hacking, but in the whole neg comments are not good
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    How would we get improvements if we dont say anything negative?

Since release players complained about the limited storage space, this led to the introduction of the crafting bag.

I personally think the (negative) feedback is really good, it means that people care enough to say what can be improved.
    Fact is that not every player can pleased, that why its good we can discuss positive and negative features on this forum.
    I apologize for not being clear with my intentions. The point I was trying to get across wasnt an attack on constructive criticism.
  • Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to add that when i say "negativity" i am referring to negative intentions or maybe motives is a better word (trying to connect with most of everyone here). What I am not referring to is people who make it clear that they have good intentions or maybe even unclear intentions and mistakingly/unintentionally say or do negative things. Sorry I didnt make that more clear in my original post.
  • yiasemi
    yiasemi
    ✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Now as a Breton I can't say I've ever understood cats very well, but Santie is an old friend from thieves guild days, not that she'd ever admit to it, and I've been clean for at least six moons now, but what she's trying to say with sheathed claws was playing in a tavern in Daggerfall yesterday, after we killed the bard singing about Plane Melds.
    Some things in life are bad
    They can really make you mad
    Other things just make you swear and curse
    When you're chewing on life's gristle
    Don't grumble, give a whistle
    And this'll help things turn out for the best...
    And...
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice to see a positive thread :) I agree that you can ignore negative comments but it depends on the situation. Right now there's a few threads about the crit charge flying bug, this is an actual problem and I'm worried about getting banned for using this skill now so I don't use it very often for now. So that kind of feedback and commenting isn't what I'd see as negative but as constructive and informative to zenimax.
    But yes, I like to read threads where people are happily enjoying different aspects of the game :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to be way more whiny than I am now (shocking for those who know me).

I did notice once I stopped caring about the politics and nerfs/buffs/bugs threads and just focused on informing other players of issues or getting into friendly debates over mechanics the forums were a much more pleasant place.

It's fine to be critical and post issues, it's fine to debate with others and sometimes even have a rant post, but generally the forums and the game are more fun if you just take a step back and focus on fun.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback i am in agreeance with the last couple of comments i read!
  • Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    I also love the creativity of the roleplay perspective going on! although i must admit ive never roleplayed before.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't call it negative, to point out issues within the game. Yeah sure some people are not constructive, but many negative posts are constructive.

Watching the world through rose tinted glasses does not make the world a nicer or safer place, if anything it makes it worse. How many turned a blind eye to some of the horrific events in History....
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yiasemi wrote: »

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Now as a Breton I can't say I've ever understood cats very well, but Santie is an old friend from thieves guild days, not that she'd ever admit to it, and I've been clean for at least six moons now, but what she's trying to say with sheathed claws was playing in a tavern in Daggerfall yesterday, after we killed the bard singing about Plane Melds.
    Some things in life are bad
    They can really make you mad
    Other things just make you swear and curse
    When you're chewing on life's gristle
    Don't grumble, give a whistle
    And this'll help things turn out for the best...
    And...

Ah hah! An old friend indeed :)

That is a friend this one has known many years - not a friend of many ancient years!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To me it boils down to this:A legitimate problem does NOT legitimize bad behaviors.

There are plenty of ways to provide feedback (positive, negative or preferential) without being abusive, insulting or even out and out nuts.

One of the very first things any professional is taught is that when dealing with conflicts and disagreements, the key to success is keeping the focus on the issue and the road to ruin is putting the focus on the person.

Look around here for numerpus examples of direct insults at ESO staff/devs by name when the posters disagree eith their decisions. Thats the exact opposite of an approach that would normally lead anywhere.

On the other hand, how many threads see the employees directly insulting the players by name?

I believe that is part of the negativity the OP was referring to.

Ymmv.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    I don't call it negative, to point out issues within the game. Yeah sure some people are not constructive, but many negative posts are constructive.

Watching the world through rose tinted glasses does not make the world a nicer or safer place, if anything it makes it worse. How many turned a blind eye to some of the horrific events in History....
    Great point! allow me to reiterate a previous comment. From my perspective i am referring to negative intentions not actions/words. I can definitely see how and why people disagree. I disagree to an extent. (i know thats confusing but i am me lol)
  • Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    and to address the second part of your comment @Cherryblossom that is a very good point as well. However, it is my intent to help people change the world not just look at it differently. Does that make sense?
  • Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    To me it boils down to this:A legitimate problem does NOT legitimize bad behaviors.

There are plenty of ways to provide feedback (positive, negative or preferential) without being abusive, insulting or even out and out nuts.

One of the very first things any professional is taught is that when dealing with conflicts and disagreements, the key to success is keeping the focus on the issue and the road to ruin is putting the focus on the person.

Look around here for numerpus examples of direct insults at ESO staff/devs by name when the posters disagree eith their decisions. Thats the exact opposite of an approach that would normally lead anywhere.

On the other hand, how many threads see the employees directly insulting the players by name?

I believe that is part of the negativity the OP was referring to.

Ymmv.
    Great constructive criticism! I agree! In my humble opinion, Everyone, myself included, should make an effort to take other peoples thoughts and perspectives into their oen perspective before saying something that could be offensive.

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit has her own rules for happiness.

No calling of the names.

If something it makes the hairs on your ears stand on end then it is time to step away and go and blink in the sunlight before replying.

Get the argonian boy to hold all your elf ears while the guards are looking.

Frequent naps.

Dancing.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

Ymmv.

So true.. it's good to vent or voice your opinion, but bashing, abusing or insulting someone, are quite toxic, especially towards the developer when things get frustrated. Nobody wants to deal with a hater or help someone who is outright angry and belligerent. Sometime a good debate or a battle of the wits are healthy and could be good within a forum, so long as folks are able to keep it civil, respectful, and not negative.. unlike some of our politicians/presidential candidates. Lol!
  • Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    @STEVIL my takeaway from your comment is as follows:
    I agree bad behavior is not acceptable or justified but at the same time i believe that people can change. I know ive changed a lot. you may be able to say the same if you reflect on your life, no?

I also would like to add... in order to give constructive criticism you must be able to take constructive criticism. If and when you do not agree with it you have to deal with it appropriately (again all my opinion).
    To put that theory in action i would like to give you some constructive criticism and you may return the favor :)

In my perspective, I try to consider everyone around me to reach out to as many people as possible not just who im talking to (which in this case is you obviously) and in order to reachout to more than one person you have to be very careful with word choice, jargon, and acronymns. In your case an example is when you used OP. I know that means Original post but others may not know that for various reasons and should not be judged. So if i were the one to write your post I would have done my best (trying to be humble here) to use words, phrases, and acronymns that people who are not like minded with me can understand. make sense?
  • Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    @SantieClaws So from your perspective simplicity is better? i think thats what you are saying. If so, I can definitely see that perspective while at the same time i do not whole-heartedly agree with it. I like your way of thinking :)