Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

I just want to give a friendly tip to the eso community :)

• Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    Another point I would like to add that I have learned is: Know who you can and cant help when trying to spread positivity. Maybe someone can elaborate on this better than me. basically you dont want to get sidetracked from spreading positivity to people willing to accept it than people who are close minded to the idea and ate easily offended by your views. And if you cant tell either be confident or move on.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @STEVIL my takeaway from your comment is as follows:
    I agree bad behavior is not acceptable or justified but at the same time i believe that people can change. I know ive changed a lot. you may be able to say the same if you reflect on your life, no?

I also would like to add... in order to give constructive criticism you must be able to take constructive criticism. If and when you do not agree with it you have to deal with it appropriately (again all my opinion).
    To put that theory in action i would like to give you some constructive criticism and you may return the favor :)

In my perspective, I try to consider everyone around me to reach out to as many people as possible not just who im talking to (which in this case is you obviously) and in order to reachout to more than one person you have to be very careful with word choice, jargon, and acronymns. In your case an example is when you used OP. I know that means Original post but others may not know that for various reasons and should not be judged. So if i were the one to write your post I would have done my best (trying to be humble here) to use words, phrases, and acronymns that people who are not like minded with me can understand. make sense?

Makes sense.thanks for your input. We may disagree of course?
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    Just so everyone is aware i created this post with the intent to both teach and learn. I have definitely learned a few things from the comments and for that I thank all of you who commented. However, i would like to return the favor if i havent already so feel free to keep commenting. if not thats fine too obviously :)
  • Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    @STEVIL my takeaway from your comment is as follows:
    I agree bad behavior is not acceptable or justified but at the same time i believe that people can change. I know ive changed a lot. you may be able to say the same if you reflect on your life, no?

I also would like to add... in order to give constructive criticism you must be able to take constructive criticism. If and when you do not agree with it you have to deal with it appropriately (again all my opinion).
    To put that theory in action i would like to give you some constructive criticism and you may return the favor :)

In my perspective, I try to consider everyone around me to reach out to as many people as possible not just who im talking to (which in this case is you obviously) and in order to reachout to more than one person you have to be very careful with word choice, jargon, and acronymns. In your case an example is when you used OP. I know that means Original post but others may not know that for various reasons and should not be judged. So if i were the one to write your post I would have done my best (trying to be humble here) to use words, phrases, and acronymns that people who are not like minded with me can understand. make sense?

Makes sense.thanks for your input. We may disagree of course?
    Agreeing to disagree is always an option! and sometimes the best option at that. I would prefer for you to elaborate but if not i am 110% fine with it and i will respect your decision either way.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep your "friendly tip" away from my regions! :/
    Edited by Avidspark on June 2, 2016 12:53PM
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  • Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    Avidspark wrote: »
    Keep your friendly tip away from my regions! :/
    Jokes=Laughter=Positive
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to get rid of negativity on the forums or anywhere really, then do not address that negativity period. THINK ABOUT IT!!! Want proof? check out my thread thanking ZOS for crafting bags. I did my absolute best to not address a single negative comment and guess what... as of thursday june 2nd 2016 at 5:22 am a large majority of that thread is extremely positive and productive to my effort in thanking ZOS aka my primary goal. Again, PLEASE THINK ABOUT IT? Do your best not to overlook this simply because you think it wont help because myself and im sure many others think and feel this way. And yes, we may be wrong (which i am saying out of open-mindedness) but whos to say we are wrong until we give it 100% of our efforts and try it to try and spread the message? Dont get me wrong though! This one thread is going to end world wide negativity and may not even have any impact at all. Both are possibilities, but at the same time what is a possibility is that 5 people may have their eyes opened to how great positivity can be! All I ASK from any of you is to be considerate, open-minded, and if you feel inclined to do so then please join my effort in spreading positivity anywhere/anytime you can. If not then that is your choice and I will not tell anyone how to live their life. All i can do is my part, your part is up to you! Thanks for reading and have a great day! BUT WAIT!!! Do not forget to spread some positivity today and maybe just maybe tomorrow :)

Another forum moderator in hiding...
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    emily3989 wrote: »
    If you want to get rid of negativity on the forums or anywhere really, then do not address that negativity period. THINK ABOUT IT!!! Want proof? check out my thread thanking ZOS for crafting bags. I did my absolute best to not address a single negative comment and guess what... as of thursday june 2nd 2016 at 5:22 am a large majority of that thread is extremely positive and productive to my effort in thanking ZOS aka my primary goal. Again, PLEASE THINK ABOUT IT? Do your best not to overlook this simply because you think it wont help because myself and im sure many others think and feel this way. And yes, we may be wrong (which i am saying out of open-mindedness) but whos to say we are wrong until we give it 100% of our efforts and try it to try and spread the message? Dont get me wrong though! This one thread is going to end world wide negativity and may not even have any impact at all. Both are possibilities, but at the same time what is a possibility is that 5 people may have their eyes opened to how great positivity can be! All I ASK from any of you is to be considerate, open-minded, and if you feel inclined to do so then please join my effort in spreading positivity anywhere/anytime you can. If not then that is your choice and I will not tell anyone how to live their life. All i can do is my part, your part is up to you! Thanks for reading and have a great day! BUT WAIT!!! Do not forget to spread some positivity today and maybe just maybe tomorrow :)

Another forum moderator in hiding...
    It feels good to know that you think that highly of my personality honestly. But nope i assure you im no forum mod hahaha pretty clever guess tho
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly dude, I think that thread about everyone who enjoys crafting bags shows the restraint of the community of players who are dissatisfied. It's great you guys are happy but there are many of us who feel slighted by ZOS. The fact that there wasn't a torrent of players ruining your thread is a credit to those players who dislike the bags being ESO+ exclusive.
    Edited by Gidorick on June 2, 2016 1:08PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: Great point and very insightful however there are many threads that refute that very perspective
    Edited by Savage_Audacity on June 2, 2016 1:12PM
  • Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    i think 1 factor (of many) that caused members of the forums to restrain from commenting was the immediate tyrade of positivity. nobody likes feeling like they dont fit in. the possibilities are endless.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Honestly dude, I think that thread about everyone who enjoys crafting bags shows the restraint of the community of players who are dissatisfied. It's great you guys are happy but there are many of us who feel slighted by ZOS. The fact that there wasn't a torrent of players ruining your thread is a credit to those players who dislike the bags being ESO+ exclusive.

So not being sure, how many cookies should one get for electing to not "ruin" threads?

But hey, ok, i give you lauds, praises, accolades and props for choosing to not ruin one particular thread. You are a cut above. Kudos.

(Assumes you are a member of the group you discussed. If not, i take the nice things back.)

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So this one wonders - if your sugar dealer ever leaves town maybe you could consider making a purchase from khajiit or one of her associates yes?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    in my limited experience with the Khajiit (they don't often find their way to my homestead in Morrowind...); when I have coin, without fail, they have wares to sell.

;)

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭

So not being sure, how many cookies should one get for electing to not "ruin" threads?

But hey, ok, i give you lauds, praises, accolades and props for choosing to not ruin one particular thread. You are a cut above. Kudos.

(Assumes you are a member of the group you discussed. If not, i take the nice things back.)
    We are all part of the same community friend. Lets treat each other with respect?
  • SahrotRein
    SahrotRein
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread is counterproductive.
    Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines.

- A Dominion of peace. The fair and just rule of Tamriel
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

We are all part of the same community friend. Lets treat each other with respect?

So... you arent a member of the group that deserves credit for choosing to not ruin a thread?
    Is that it?

People SHOULD be treated with respect, yes, until they prove otherwise.

Ideas however have no such presumption.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Schemering
    Schemering
    ✭✭✭
    thnx 4 advice; it is appreciated:)

PC/EU AD 1500+ PC/NA 300+

Schemering - Breton magicka Nightblade
    Ambergloed - Argonian Templar Healer
    Fonkeling - Argonian Dragonknight Tank
    Twinkeling - Dunmer magicka Nightblade
    Sprankeling- Altmer magicka Nightblade
    Schittering - Redguard stamina Nightblade
    Glinstering - Khajiit stamina Sorcerer
    Spiegeling - Altmer magicka Necromancer
    Flonkering - Orc stamina Necromancer
    Glimmering - Argonian Necromancer
    Duisternis - Dunmer magicka Dragonknight
    Maanlicht - Altmer magicka Templar
    Weerlicht - Altmer magicka Sorcerer
    Zonnestraal - Redguard stamina Warden EP char
    Slagschaduw - Dunmer magicka Warden - Healer or Damage Dealer
    Ochtendgloren - Imperial stamina Templar
    Avondval - Redguard stamina Dragonknight
    Aurora Noorderlicht - Breton magicka Nightblade DC char
    Dageraad - Breton magicka Sorcerer

Wisseling - Breton magicka Nightblade NA
    Zonsverduistering - Breton Templar NA Healer
    Tinteling - Argonian Dragonknight NA Tank
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The forum equivalent of "La la la, I can't hear you!"
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    Runaan wrote: »
    This thread is counterproductive.
    Im sorry you feel that way. Not everyone does though. Its all perspective :)
  • Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭

So... you arent a member of the group that deserves credit for choosing to not ruin a thread?
    Is that it?

People SHOULD be treated with respect, yes, until they prove otherwise.

Ideas however have no such presumption.
    Im glad we are in agreeance with at least one thing. I am definitely a member of said group, and I understand what you are saying entirely. However, I wasnt trying to be negative. I was simply asking a question to try and understand your side of things better. It worked by the way. If you feel I said something I shouldnt have, then i am sorry. But to directly answer your question... No that is not it. I am no exception and am doing my best to remain positive but at the same time I am trying to keep an open mind. I shouldn't have jumped to a conclusion so quickly I admit. I will try and choose better words to convey my message in the future. But Im more of an "actions speak louder than words" guy.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On the internet? Quite a few cookies. Different kinds. With milk in which to dump the cookies.

I think it shows that even though many people are upset about the crafting bags, as we have clearly seen, they don't want to go and ruin the excitement for those that are enjoying the bag.

It's easy to be nice to one another and positive when celebrating getting something you have wanted for a long time. It's hard to remain silent when you feel the opposite.

So yea @STEVIL ... give us (yea, us because I am part of that community) lauds and whatnot for respecting our fellow player enough to just let them have their fun. I think that deserves at least as much praise as this thread is giving the original thread.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Krombie
    Krombie
    ✭✭✭
    But you metioned the negativity that can't be good.... you attracted negativity.... negativity will come...
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually i made couple of posts after frustrating with something(Group Tool) this is because i saw others posting before..

Should have a rant page to post any rant...
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    health-beauty-sex_changes-sex_life-love_life-thought-sex_change-07640563_low.jpg
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would we get improvements if we dont say anything negative?

Since release players complained about the limited storage space, this led to the introduction of the crafting bag.

I personally think the (negative) feedback is really good, it means that people care enough to say what can be improved.
    Fact is that not every player can pleased, that why its good we can discuss positive and negative features on this forum.

This so much, if you say everything is puppy dogs and ice cream, no positive changes ever get made. it takes negative comments and criticism to get things like the crafting bag made in the first place.
  • Psyonico
    Psyonico
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think the (negative) feedback is really good, it means that people care enough to say what can be improved.
    Fact is that not every player can pleased, that why its good we can discuss positive and negative features on this forum.
    Negativity and negative feedback are two very different things.

Let me give you a real world example. I manage people for a living. If I were to just say "you guys are terrible, why can't you get anything right?" No good would cover of it.

If I say "these are what I'm seeing needs improvement and here are suggestions on how you can improve" then we get somewhere.

These forums are so negative, but it isn't feedback, it is whining.
  • Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    Psyonico wrote: »
    Negativity and negative feedback are two very different things.

Let me give you a real world example. I manage people for a living. If I were to just say "you guys are terrible, why can't you get anything right?" No good would cover of it.

If I say "these are what I'm seeing needs improvement and here are suggestions on how you can improve" then we get somewhere.

These forums are so negative, but it isn't feedback, it is whining.
    You worded that much better than I could, but at least I tried :)

EDIT: I just wish I was more able to help people think like that. (not being judgmental, just wanna be helpful)

Edited by Savage_Audacity on June 3, 2016 5:45AM
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one thinks Siri started all this....
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many crowns did ZOS give you for this post?
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to thank the OP for this thread. Criticism and negativity are two very different things. All the years I have read gaming forums, this forum is not the worst for negativity but it's very bad at times. Take a look at the first page, seeing all those rage posts are ridiculous. I would rather read constructive criticism than 'why can't you get anything right' threads, they have no substance just whines.

I am guilty however at times some people bring the salt out in me. Sure there are problems with the new download, am I sure that the developers know this...am I sure fixes will ensue yep...it happens with every game. Will I froth at the mouth and write a rant no. As far as the crafting bags...there is a choice it's pretty cut and dry. Sub or don't sub. I sub because I like subscription base games. I am enjoying my game time here and no matter what nothing or no one influences my decisions about how I use my leisure time. When I'm done I will be done but know one will ever know. ESO is a good game...it's a MMO that means always in development I'm rolling with that.