The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v2.4.4

• Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Shield passive change is great news :)

Is not great at all .... for a start they should not move block expertise! POINTLESS change, which castrate block builds in pvp. "Thanks" ZoS.
    Edited by Runkorko on May 24, 2016 3:55PM
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    Really hope the team is ready to re-balance poisons once they hit live. Something like that can't just be ignored for months until the next dlc/balance patch comes out.

You will be surprised as hell :lol:
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    The dagger from the Assassin Personality now only appears while you are idle, or using the following emotes:
    /eat2
    /greet
    /leanside
    /leanback

I'm kind of sad really. I just wish there was the ability to turn in off and on instead of removing the dagger completely when running :/
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • XaXa
    XaXa
    ✭✭✭✭
    The dagger from the Assassin Personality now only appears while you are idle, or using the following emotes:
    /eat2
    /greet
    /leanside
    /leanback

I'm kind of sad really. I just wish there was the ability to turn in off and on instead of removing the dagger completely when running :/

Its not ay the top of my priorites but i wish when you did /leanbackcoin with the assassin personality you took out the blade and tossed it / played with it.
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a question:
    Does the revamped training trait also increase xp gained for champion points?
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question:
    Does the revamped training trait also increase xp gained for champion points?

Since there's no difference between XP and XP for champion points, yes, it does.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    calm down - Training trait will be the most effective in grinding

It's a useful trait.

It's a useless trait on endgame gear.

If I want to XP grind, I'll craft a full set of training gear. I have absolutely zero desire to see that trait on a set like Spell Power Cure.

Not everyone wants it on some sets but many do. PvPer will never turn down more CP and if you have a set like Spell Power Cure in a good sized group you're not counting every single point of damage as DPS is not a healers focus.

But healing a team member gives you the same AP and EXP letting get that next point that much faster increasing your heals little by little. Not all want it and not everyone's against it.

Actually what most people agreed upon is that the change Zenimax made to training was interesting and it has been salute by the community in general who like the idea that the grind toward max cp should be made easier because CP are actually such a huge part of everyone end-game that we understand that new player should be able to catch up quicker.

But while training is usefull, it's still a very personnal choice that shouldn't impact other player in the game. That's why people complain. If you want to run Spell-Power-Cure go ahead, if you want to have some pièces that will give you more xp do so as well. If we have to deal with a combination at end-game of set/traits such as those it's butchering pve.

As I said earlier, I don't mind to get helmet with traits that fits both pve and pvp, but I Wonder how you would feel if you were dropping your first Molag Kena (Bind of Pickup) with properous's traits as an example. That's how people who actually run theese dungeon will feel when they will be dropping the kind of gear you would buy.

It's really not because we don't want you to gain more CP, but if you ask me, if they can make Training/Prosperous and Sturdy ''Bind on Equip'' that actually mean they could have made them all. If they didn't it's because it's a ''Screw you over'' type of move :smile: . So if player want to craft themself training gear I'm a 100%, if the items set of high-end dungeon are to be distribute back Inside the community, I'm also down for it, even if I don't like the idea, but if the high-end dungeon drops need are to be turn into a trick in order to fullfill those two goals... that's a screw you over move that I don't like simply because it is irrespectfull of the community who went Inside those dongeon for hour trying to grind a full set.

If those set are to become available to everyone, let everyone get acces to the best possible items and actually if they were all bind on equip I wouldn't mind (except my initial reserve), having training traits to drop since it would be like in pvp, be Lucky get a good sell, be unlucky and buy it off. :smile:

Well first off well said I do understand where you're coming for in this. However my main character has five different PvP DPS builds. Depending on what I'm doing one has five Hundings' Rage and an other is five Night Mother but the other three are pure dropped sets.

Should I be limited to Reinforced, Infused and Divines if I run a non crafted build? If you don't grind so you don't have a grinding setup you can still get good use from Training. I get that Mundas Stones, Armor and Max Stats are the go to traits for PvE same is true in PvP in fact, but their needs to be the option for those that want to optimize a build outside of those three traits.

A five heavy two medium build with five King Slayer, two Kena, three Endurance and two Marksman would be a great setup no crafted pieces fire power, staying power and high recovery should I have no control over some good traits for my Kena.

Maybe Sturdy for a more blocking, Well fitted to roll when I have a few attacks flying at me at once, Training for when it's all over. Yes more gold from kills in PvP would be complete trash but some PvEer may like it. Yes you get more DPS or Defense from other traits but having more then the standard build is what I like about the change here.

What I do understand about the perspective you are offering it's that limiting some traits Inside pve may limits build opportunity for further adjustment toward specific content and I respect that even if I don't have the same vision as you have.

As I stated earlier I do believe that drop from a specific type of content should be available in specific traits, the initial proposition being :

Group Dongeon/Trial : Infuse/Divines/Reinforced
    Open World: Properous/Training/Sturdy
    PVP: Impen/Well-Fited/Divines
    Monster Helmet/Shoulder: PVP and PVE traits
    World-Boss/Event: Infuse/Impen/Divines/Reinforced

(Sturdy could have been anywhere but I put it in open world to balance things out), Also it's true that I wouldn't mind seing Open World Inside that proposition receiving more traits obtainable or even the full range traits that would be normal at some point.

What I don't like Inside the actual proposition of Zenimax, is that they are considering the monetization of high-end gear for beginner as if it was a given. The sets that are currently dropping are usually the one people would like to be running, and if Zenimax wants them to get it Inside a guild trader, I won't agree because I do believe that a full set of Spell-Power Cure set is an achievement not a Chineese cash shop tradeout. But if they have to fall down that line, then it's to considere it as a whole, all traits you want to put Inside dungeon items can be trade and not only the one that would fit people who don't run it.

So if we want to monetize the Dungeon Gear, we do it for all the dungeon gear no matter the traits, not only for beginner traits or to help someone get the gear he never had with the traits he never wanted :smile: but really in order to democratise the Equipment from that instance. If Zenimax wants to democratize it then I'm fine about adding some wierd traits (as far as high-end content goes) but if they want to keep a constant grind for player who want to get the most out of their set, while giving them some thrash set to sell then I'm a 100% against.

Personally I would like to see a token system where high scores and speed runs get you more tokens. So that way you skill have to earn your keep but you can pick your reward.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GRYM.LOCKE wrote: »
    @Wrobel @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Would love to know if you have any plans for Werewolves in this patch apart from Fur and the 2 passives?

we arent asking you to "redesign it" but give a little more

1: more time in ww form
    2: a better Berserker morph

Can you let me/us know if there is anything in this for us ?

1: Look @ the new call of the pack passive. 4 people transforming together means the equivalent of 120 seconds of WW time w/no gain needed.

2: The black fur coat and red eyes just made it all the better.

In short, I love their changes
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    The addition of the missing Traits (Sturdy, Training, and Prosperous) were to bring these item sets in-line with the Trait options for those you receive from killing monsters in those same dungeons. Thank you for calling to our attention the missing patch notes—they will be included in the launch Dark Brotherhood patch notes.

We’ll continue to monitor the drop-rates and the Traits after the Dark Brotherhood update launch. As always, we appreciate your feedback!

Thanks for the feedback but really, that's not much of a response to the concern that's been expressed about having Training and Prosperous in end-game armor sets. Whether they fit the tables or not they are still useless for maxed out characters and make the armor less than desirable.

If the goal is to get us the sets we want then perhaps the developers can up the odds of getting the same sort of pieces we are already wearing/using. If a character is wearing a heavy chest, then on a chest drop that is what they are likely to get. If they are wearing light shoes, then on a footware drop they are likely to get shoes.
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

• notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, berserker has a new skin. Any word on when they plan to un-nerf Pack Leader?
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's funny how a simple (stupid imo) thing like removing Bracing from Heavy Armor is causing this cascade of changes. Maybe just scrap the whole thing and let Heavy Armor still have reduced block cost?
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
  • xarguideb17_ESO
    xarguideb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    To stam-sorc-hipsters: Why do you get the idea anyway that a sorcerer should go with stam as main stat. Sorc is and always has been about magicka. Get over it. Every class combo is not and never will be equal and therein lies the beauty.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To stam-sorc-hipsters: Why do you get the idea anyway that a sorcerer should go with stam as main stat. Sorc is and always has been about magicka. Get over it. Every class combo is not and never will be equal and therein lies the beauty.

So it's alright that all the other classes have strong magicka and stamina builds but sorcerers should only be able to spec magicka? Not only that but also pigeon hole magicka sorcerers into a one dimensional build. Sorcerers are broken. Alright their cookie cutter mag build is strong as hell but everything else about the class is broken especially the pet line which is a joke. The other classes are better at tanking, healing and dpsing.

Also, lore supports melee weapon wielding sorcerers with heavy armour.
    Edited by Calboy on May 25, 2016 7:47AM
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The only thing magicka sorcs in excel is small scale pvp due to the burst and mobility.

Sorcerer will be the worst class for both stam and magicka when DB goes live, sustained pve dps is low, healing is low and every magicka class will have a hardened ward like shield for defense. Maybe all sorcs shoudl respect to light armor shield stack tank because that seems to be the only thing that sorcs have going for them.

A class is not fine just because some streamers are successful in 1vX with it.
    Edited by Septimus_Magna on May 25, 2016 7:58AM
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The 2 posters above me have already pointed out what I was going to say but i'll say it anyway. In every past elder scrolls game sorcerer's have had heavy armor as a main attribute, and in all but one game they also specilized in weapons (in the first 2 games where weapon choice was class restricted sorcerer's could use any weapon). They are magicka sponges with little to no passive regen and use heavy armor to bolster their resistances and weapons to reliably deal damage. So no, 'sorc is and always has been about magicka' is not true in this game universe. And even if that weren't the case every other class can build for magicka or stamina, so why not sorc's?
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »

The 2 posters above me have already pointed out what I was going to say but i'll say it anyway. In every past elder scrolls game sorcerer's have had heavy armor as a main attribute, and in all but one game they also specilized in weapons (in the first 2 games where weapon choice was class restricted sorcerer's could use any weapon). They are magicka sponges with little to no passive regen and use heavy armor to bolster their resistances and weapons to reliably deal damage. So no, 'sorc is and always has been about magicka' is not true in this game universe. And even if that weren't the case every other class can build for magicka or stamina, so why not sorc's?

On the same point, just a little lore history about NB : they are on Daggerfall and Oblivion a pure magicka class who use light armor, shadow/illusion magic and short blade. They are absolutely not stamina based according to the lore. So, why stamNB can exist and not stamsorc, who are hybrid based according to the lore ?
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer will be the worst class for magicka when DB goes live
    You're a funny guy
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Wrobel

Can you at least buff the Maelstrom sword? Look at your item use statistics for proof that it stinks.
    Edited by Personofsecrets on May 26, 2016 12:16AM
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firerock2 wrote: »
    You're a funny guy

nah dude he's 100% correct. Sorc has nothing in DB. their DPS is decent at best. but the sorcs main strength has always been their ability to survive and turn a bad situation around. that was the reason to bring a sorc along for trials and pledges. they've lost that, they have no role to play in PvP or PvE.

@Wrobel has added changes to the class without actually thinking about them or what they would mean how they would effect the class etc. just accept this fact, because it is fact. the sorc is dead in DB.

People give the Sorcerer *** for their survivability but that was the class that was why the sorc was valued.
    Edited by Lucky28 on May 26, 2016 12:43AM
    Invictus
  • Tyrannitar
    Tyrannitar
    ✭✭✭

You're playing Elder Scrolls, bud. Learn the lore of the Elder Scrolls series, play any of the Elder Scrolls games, and you're supposed to ENCOURAGE build diversity. I loved TES because I could be a spellsword.
    My Cat Two Chainz (Main) - AD Stam Sorc
    Post Malone - AD Mag Blade
    Ba'al Sahk- AD Stam DK
    Vampy Cat- AD Perma-WW Templar
    610 CP as of 12/12/2016
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Firerock2 wrote: »
    You're a funny guy

Have you ever tried organized group pvp or difficult trials like vMOL?
    I can assure you the amount of sorcs in both raids setups is currently low.

Why would you take a sorcs when other classes bring more dps, better healing and better utility?

Sorcs are fine in small scale pvp and for dungeon stuff, in competitive group play its already the worst class and it gets nerfed significantly (hardened ward duration reduced by 70% and surge healing reduced by 90%).
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    simple solution to every problem is make stuff work differently in pvp and pve, which zeni will never do because they enjoy making us suffer
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zuto40 wrote: »
    simple solution to every problem is make stuff work differently in pvp and pve, which zeni will never do because they enjoy making us suffer

They said they'll never do that because they don't want people to have to learn a skill 2 different ways.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »

They said they'll never do that because they don't want people to have to learn a skill 2 different ways.

there are 3 people in this game, pvpers, pvers, and people who do both, the pvpers and pvers would have no problem learning an ability for their preferred style of play, the everything people ive noticed tend to be a bit better then the other 2 mentioned previously, making abilities work differently in pve and pvp is the easiest fix that isnt a bandaid
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrannitar wrote: »

You're playing Elder Scrolls, bud. Learn the lore of the Elder Scrolls series, play any of the Elder Scrolls games, and you're supposed to ENCOURAGE build diversity. I loved TES because I could be a spellsword.

Yeah, but the class system in ESO basically draws from the informal classes from earlier games only for inspiration. They did not open ESO up to the full build diversity of Elder Scrolls. Instead they created 4 pigeon holes. You can play as you want, as long as you stick to magic builds of the type that they support. Stamina builds are a more recent addition, and are not really true stamina builds. Instead they are modifications of magicka class skills. They were completely blindsided by the idea of stamina builds, I think.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsnrme2e2fs
    watch from 1:23:00 .... or even better- watch it all, the guy is so desperate, he wana laugh, cry and commit suicide at the same time... and i feel him.
    @Wrobel waths up dog? :D This is how the new cyro will look like ? LOL ... look like the old one, even more "wtf" This dmg over tiime look damn BURSTY to me :D but yea yea , the guy who died is probably naked and with zero points in crit resist, i`m sure of it:D And btw @Wrobel your reaction and pose was PRICELESS :smiley:
    Ah,I almost forgot... FIX the GOD DAMN mDK PLS!
    Thanks and keep a good work.
    (pointless)

and PLEASE someone tell me WTH was this one:
    http://imgur.com/ZtJRG0C

Flying Dutchman?!
    Edited by Runkorko on May 26, 2016 1:29PM
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, but the class system in ESO basically draws from the informal classes from earlier games only for inspiration. They did not open ESO up to the full build diversity of Elder Scrolls. Instead they created 4 pigeon holes. You can play as you want, as long as you stick to magic builds of the type that they support. Stamina builds are a more recent addition, and are not really true stamina builds. Instead they are modifications of magicka class skills. They were completely blindsided by the idea of stamina builds, I think.

I seriously believe all classes should have a niche that they are the best at, and okay at other roles but they should be secondary. The classic class system works in MMOS simply works, while "play as you want, no matter what class or build" doesn't really. Even if it is Elder Scrolls.

The way I think it should be:
    Dragonknight = Tank (Sturdy, Relatively Low Damage, second best utility)
    Sorcerer = Magic DPS (best sustained damage with okay burst damage)
    Nightblade = Stamina DPS (best burst with decent sustained damage)
    Templar = Healer (best healing and utility)
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I seriously believe all classes should have a niche that they are the best at, and okay at other roles but they should be secondary. The classic class system works in MMOS simply works, while "play as you want, no matter what class or build" doesn't really. Even if it is Elder Scrolls.

The way I think it should be:
    Dragonknight = Tank (Sturdy, Relatively Low Damage, second best utility)
    Sorcerer = Magic DPS (best sustained damage with okay burst damage)
    Nightblade = Stamina DPS (best burst with decent sustained damage)
    Templar = Healer (best healing and utility)

This would make sense, but if ZOS is not going to expand the class system to include new classes, people are going to want to cross those lines. They will expect any classes to be any role and any archetype.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Then what the hell is a morph... hmmm a skill thays two different ways?
  • SaintIgor
    SaintIgor
    Soul Shriven
    I don't know if this is the right spot or not. Some of my guild mates are concerned about the new non-vet system. Now one of them has 3 v8 characters and 40champion pts. The way we calculate it. 850k for vet level 680k for champ points. After the patch his v8 will be v4 equivalents and to get back to where he is in cadwell's gold he will have to grind through the equivalant of 32 vet levels in completely finished zones to get back to where he is now. 40 cp lvs * 680k/850k. I have another friend who has a v16 two v7 a v5 and v1 who only has 100cp so going through silver and gold with his low lvl that is now max gold starting silver??? is this suppose to add pleasure to the game??? or are you just worried about the high end pvpers ???